• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Triforce Ganondorf Mod

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
I don't know how to access those on my virtual SD Card [I use Dolphin].
you should use winimage. after downloading the 30-day trial from http://www.winimage.com/download.htm, open your sd.raw with the "all files" option so you can find it, then you can use the button with the upwards arrow, select the files, and replace the sd.raw files with the ones you choose. hope that helps ;)
oh and make sure you get the right version for your computer. (32x or 64x)

Last edited:

Smash Fan 101

Smash Rookie
you should use winimage. after downloading the 30-day trial from http://www.winimage.com/download.htm, open your sd.raw with the "all files" option so you can find it, then you can use the button with the upwards arrow, select the files, and replace the sd.raw files with the ones you choose. hope that helps ;)
oh and make sure you get the right version for your computer. (32x or 64x)
Funny, I had to use WinImage to get Project M! P.S. It worked! Thx Ashingda for this awesome mod! I finally have the Ganondorf moveset I want! P.P.S Do you know how to remove his cape?

Last edited:

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
Funny, I had to use WinImage to get Project M! P.S. It worked! Thx Ashingda for this awesome mod! I finally have the Ganondorf moveset I want! P.P.S Do you know how to remove his cape?
well thats more complicated and requires brawlbox so you should look it up on youtube. There are many good tutorials out there for that kind of modding.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
So I got that pic of the Down Smash. This is what I had intended it to be like.

It's like two walls of flame on either side of him. I got it working perfectly in my build. Ashingda, let me know if this interests you at all.

YasashikazeSeiken

Smash Rookie
So I got that pic of the Down Smash. This is what I had intended it to be like.

It's like two walls of flame on either side of him. I got it working perfectly in my build. Ashingda, let me know if this interests you at all.
ALL THE YES PLZ.

Seriously, though, if there's a way this could be incorporated into his Down Smash in Magic Form, I'd really appreciate that. Also, did anyone else notice that Sword Form's neutral B freezes you in the air?

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I'll give him the coding required to do it if he want's it.

Edit: Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas/Holiday.

Last edited:

zombifiedsquid

Smash Rookie
NNID
zombifiedsquid
3DS FC
1091-8722-2904
Ashingda Ashingda , I have a question, is there a way to increase the duration of mage Ganon's neutral b in the air so you can hover longer and also where you have more mobility? Maybe away to recharge it in the air as well?

YasashikazeSeiken

Smash Rookie
Thanks a ton, Heavy. I hope he'll implement the idea.

Also, know I'm beating a dead horse here, but someone should really look into Sword Form's aerial Neutral B. It's technically broken/nonfunctional in its current form.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I'm sure he'll get to it. It has been mentioned before. It may be fixed in another update. I usually just don't use the air version unless I know for certain that I'm above the stage.

YasashikazeSeiken

Smash Rookie
True, true. I guess it's kinda exciting, since it technically leaves a tiny bit of room to expand his kit, which I'd love to be a part of, even if it's only presenting ideas to use. ^.^;

Also, more an development question: what was the motivation/design choice behind changing the up air in the fist form? Are there any trade offs from the old one?

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Hey guys! Long time since I've visited the forums life tends to do that to you...

I gotta say... Ash (and Heavy also) you did such a great job with this latest version I have absolutely no words how awesome dead man's volley and all those great animations are! I can't wait to install it on my SD card tomorrow it looks perfect! Like how can you possibly even follow up on this version besides tweaking it further? You set the bar really high yet again!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Version 6 looks great! Really nice animations, and Dead Man's Volley is an awesome projectile!

Unfortunately it freezes on vBrawl, so I'm currently using v3 (Which is still awesome :D)

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Hey guys! Long time since I've visited the forums life tends to do that to you...

I gotta say... Ash (and Heavy also) you did such a great job with this latest version I have absolutely no words how awesome dead man's volley and all those great animations are! I can't wait to install it on my SD card tomorrow it looks perfect! Like how can you possibly even follow up on this version besides tweaking it further? You set the bar really high yet again!
Oh... I'm just a simple helper. I'm a fan as much as the rest of you all. Just contributing when I can, how I can. Thank you though. I'm wondering what he'll come up with next myself.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
It's been awhile, but I feel like reviving the old Triforce Ganondorf x Smash 3 "mod". I know Heavy D88 Heavy D88 has gotten it to work as well, but recently I think I've been able to get the thing up to date (removing sword model and associated shaders/textures, moving those shaders up and back again to auto-fix them) too. Though I also want to do more than just update my old mod, I'm aiming to get new sheath textures made for the new Smash 3C PM OoT costumes for Ganon. From what I remember of what the OoT sword looks like, maybe the sheath model needs some vertex editing to have it "properly" house the Alternate Sword. As always I'm open for collaboration, even if @Crixler wants to come back for this.

Also maybe some time in the future, why not have a version of this PSA to make it switch between the TP and Melee swords based on how the PMDT did it (based on costume slots, use an alternate sword model.).

Last edited:

Gojilujah

Smash Cadet

@Heavy D88

hi :) I wanted to ask if you would share your last animation with us/me. the SpecialLw kick I mean which you redid smash4ish ;) cause that looks really awesome!

or is that maybe included in the next update? :)

Cahalan

Smash Ace
An update on that revival of the Triforce Ganon x Smash 3 "mod": I made recolors of @Crixler 's sheaths that he provided me (he gave out the .xcf as well for Gimp) based on the recent Smash 3C OoT Ganon alt. release.

Each one shares common inspiration for the edited attributes:
The black colors on the sheaths remain unchanged from the original, and reflect the black armor.
The Trim around the sheath reflect the trim of the respective costumes cape.
The string color reflects the main color of the central body armor.
The patterns on the cloth reflect the colors of the respective costumes patterns.
The cloth itself reflects the lighter color of the cloth on all of the costumes.
And the jewels reflect the colors of the metal protrusions on the armor, and the purple one has two different gem colors to reflect the costume it's based off of.

Now the next challenge is importing the sheath onto the Smash 3C OoT Ganondorf.

Edit: Apparently Up Smash on Magic mode likes to teleport ganondorf around randomly on rare occassions. :p

Last edited:

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
An update on that revival of the Triforce Ganon x Smash 3 "mod": I made recolors of @Crixler 's sheaths that he provided me (he gave out the .xcf as well for Gimp) based on the recent Smash 3C OoT Ganon alt. release.

The black colors on the sheaths remain unchanged from the original, and reflect the black armor.
The patterns on the cloth reflect the colors of the respective costumes patterns.
The cloth itself reflects the lighter color of the cloth on all of the costumes.
And the jewels reflect the colors of the metal protrusions on the armor, and the purple one has two different gem colors to reflect the costume it's based off of.

Wow. Are there Brawl versions being worked on?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Wow. Are there Brawl versions being worked on?
My friend, the first release of the Triforce Ganondorf x Smash 3 "mod" of mine (with help from @Crixler and Ashingda Ashingda ) was made off of the Smash 3 Ganondorf (the vbrawl model). If you mean the Brawl versions of the OoT alts, I'm afraid I lack the experience needed to "Brawl-ify" these textures.

Edit: having some trouble. I tested the importing of the sheath and it freezes upon selecting a stage, even when the textures are only 128 by 128 CMPR for the sheath. So I tried the "updated" versions of the default costumes I concocted, those freeze as well. So either it is a matter of file size or something else entirely. Heavy D88 Heavy D88 I would like to know how you pulled off making Smash 3 Dorf work with this again so that maybe we can apply your knowledge to the Smash 3C OoT Dorf.

It is important to know that I'm using the older sheath model used in earlier versions of this mod if it means anything.

Here's the .png's of the textures at original, half, and quarter size (original is 512 by 512):
https://www.mediafire.com/?69fxys7g544c9ob

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I used the newest model myself when doing so. Um... A friend of mine helped me out with it too. I can't take all the credit... I'll ask him and see if he remembers what he did.

Edit: So this is what my friend did for me when I gave it to him. He changed the MIP levels in the textures from 4 to 1. So the rendered detail was lower. Then he re-sized one texture to a smaller size to help with the file size. That's all, hopefully that helps you get it to work.

Right click the texture > Re-Encode and change the MIP level to 1. Just in case you don't know... cause I didn't.

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
These new animations and GFX are insane. Awesome job to all of you.

Since it keeps getting brought up and I'm intrigued, too, are you guys planning to offer some aesthetic components that are made for OoT Ganondorf? Most people are referring to the OoT model getting a sheath, which I too want, but I think it'd be really cool if he could also have his Melee voice. Depending on space, this could be either combined with Brawl's, or just made as another option for a full voicepack. Of course, you guys do what you want; just throwing it out there. :)

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I think someone was trying to do that already. Dunno who though.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Progress report:
Smash 3 Ganon works and has none of the textures resized (only adjusted mip maps to decrease file size).

Smash 3C Ganon loads, but when the sheath is added as a child, the upper half of Ganon is in a T-pose (any textures not the sheath that were 512 by 512 were sized down by 50%, mip maps were the same).
^Any help to fix this would be wonderful... calling Ashingda Ashingda as this is something I previously encountered when I was first making the Triforce Ganondorf x Smash 3 mod.

Last edited:

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
A little note: a previous version of the PSA came with a Brawl-styled sheath for the default color only. Ashingda Ashingda , if you still have that, offer someone to make the rest. It's what would make this moveset more perfect. OFF-TOPIC: I need help with my sig down there.

Gojilujah

Smash Cadet
hi there folks, goji here again and I´ve got a big question to all of ya, but especially for Ashingda Ashingda .

I modded my version of ganon, and while I was adding more animations, his facial expressions disappeared..... :( only the eyes are still moving. I noticed that while I was scrolling over win3 and appealhi and I dunno how to restore that, replacing stuff didn´t do anything. maybe one of you guys knows what to do about it

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
hi there folks, goji here again and I´ve got a big question to all of ya, but especially for Ashingda Ashingda .

I modded my version of ganon, and while I was adding more animations, his facial expressions disappeared..... :( only the eyes are still moving. I noticed that while I was scrolling over win3 and appealhi and I dunno how to restore that, replacing stuff didn´t do anything. maybe one of you guys knows what to do about it
export your animations frequently. brawlbox screws up animations a lot.

Gojilujah

Smash Cadet
yeah sure, how to make animations and do backups is not the problem. I also did that while I was doing new stuff. but that wouldn´t help me with my question above there. anyways I solved the problem. I was asking for help because of disappeared face expressions remember?... so I tried ex- and importing animations with the previous version of brawlbox...and it worked! everything was restored and is working fine without crashes or sth stupid :)
but still thanks for suggestions ;)

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
yeah sure, how to make animations and do backups is not the problem. I also did that while I was doing new stuff. but that wouldn´t help me with my question above there. anyways I solved the problem. I was asking for help because of disappeared face expressions remember?... so I tried ex- and importing animations with the previous version of brawlbox...and it worked! everything was restored and is working fine without crashes or sth stupid :)
but still thanks for suggestions ;)
wow i did forget but i'm glad to help.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030

Edit: Apparently Up Smash on Magic mode likes to teleport ganondorf around randomly on rare occassions. :p

Cahalan Cahalan I was wondering if you'd do a color variation/model for the OoT PM Phantom Ganon hack. The one with the beast skull. This one here. I think it would be cool to have a sheath on this model as well.

Would be awesome if you and @Crixler could pull that off.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Here you go:
OoT TP Sheath Phantom.png

I went for an aged look compared to the default one... say Heavy D88 Heavy D88 how's your luck getting the sheath working on Smash 3 OoT Ganon?

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
I just saw OP and I like how this looks! Is that download link the most up-to-date?

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Here you go:
View attachment 97353
I went for an aged look compared to the default one... say Heavy D88 Heavy D88 how's your luck getting the sheath working on Smash 3 OoT Ganon?

Oh uh... I didn't know I was doing that. Not very good at model stuff. I thought you and Crixler were trying to make a sheath for OoT Ganon, along with textures.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
IIRC I had trouble importing the sheath because it would cause anything above the waist line to t-pose. May redo my attempts soon after review Theytah's tutorial on model importing with brawlbox. Though I can't test right away because my Wii hates discs atm...

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
IIRC I had trouble importing the sheath because it would cause anything above the waist line to t-pose. May redo my attempts soon after review Theytah's tutorial on model importing with brawlbox. Though I can't test right away because my Wii hates discs atm...
You can send the files to me so I can test them. My disk drive still works.

Top Bottom