• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Triforce Ganondorf Mod

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Hey guys, Hey Ashingda Ashingda long time no speak! I took quite a break from smash due to just general life things :) But I'm back!

I'm so happy you are still working on this mod Ash it's one of my top reasons for still loving smash nowadays.

However I do have some issues with the new version, it only improves a few things but feels like a step backwards from the last version I played (4.1)

What I like;
1- Up air is great and it's an awesome way to have it work very similarly like his PM Up air but make it unique
2- new forward smash is great like the old one but better.
3- N-B ground is better than before and the mobility on the aerial N-B is great
4- the old Nair is back I love it!

What I don't like;
1- sword moves end lag is too long
2- end lag especially long on Uptilt which should be a fast utility move also Uptilt in itself isn't that great
3- Up smash... what was wrong with the old one (the dark energy circling) that was much better and better looking too. I suggest making this a sword move instead and make down smash physical/magic because....
4- down smash- the stomp was godly why oh why did you change it :(
5- Down air animation is the PM one I really liked that you used the brawl one before, bring it back please
6- aerial down B is fine with no jump recovery since the float is better but why no way to cancel in the air with no jump? Also why no electrical effect or shock wave? That made the move so much better and made it feel OoT to the bone. bring it back please.
7- why no shadow effect on air dodge anymore? that made my wave dashing bloody awesome looking! plus why not use Heavy D88 Heavy D88 's unique air dodge animation already? It's soooo much better than his regular one.
8- WHY DID YOU CHANGE THE GRAB RANGE :( :( :( :( :(... both the animation for it and the range was so much better than this grab, I didn't care he had to switch hands while hitting in grab or throwing it was still really cool!... Please bring it back? Pretty please :,(
9- speaking about grabs why did you not use your awesome unique Up throw? (the one with dark magic). It was really good!

Indifferent about;
1- grounded down B - meh... you've had a lot better moves in this slot before so I can do without it but it's ok...
2- regular PM mode - I might be in the minority on this but if the regular PM takes up space for your PSA than I say remove it completely so your PSA can truly shine but it's ok if it's there I guess...
3- didn't you have a better texture for the sword sheath? I have the file somewhere if you can't find it.

I really think 4.1 was your best version yet! All it needed was a few more unique animations (the jump after Up grab, air dodge and that awesome winning pose Heavy made etc.) A few more sword moves like maybe pressing down taunt could just change some moves to a sword move (like up tilt, up smash, fsmash etc.) while most moves stay the same. All the positive stuff I mention is great and should be kept but otherwise this latest version feels like a big step down. And I'm a BIG fan of your work man so please take it as constructive criticism only, since I love your mod so much I just want it to be the best it can be. I may have forgotten a thing or two to mention if it comes back to me i'll share. I hope I didn't bum you out. I know how hard you work on these mods.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Hey Ashingda Ashingda - I had a couple of ideas for future version(s) if your'e interested.

Idea 1: 4.1b + Sword mode (with Sheath)

By default Ganon will be EXACTLY as he was in version 4.1b but with a few changes like;
1- v5.2 Up air
2- v5.2 Fsmash
3- v5.2 Nair
4- v5.2 extended float.
5- Also I would suggest to include the ground punch get up attack along with the shadow effect on air dodge while using Heavy's animation for it
6- I would also bring back the jump after aerial down B, but I would limit it to one use while in the air. So if the player uses it again he will fall to his doom.
7- Also grounded neutral B will just be the cape reflect, so no sword rush.
Except these changes it will virtually be 4.1b but updated.

Now when down taunt is used some moves will change to sword based attacks.
1- Grounded neutral B will become the sword rush.
2- Aerial neutral B will remain float/cape but Ganon will sheath his Sword or if possible; can have the Sword float next to him while hovering.
3- F smash will be elbow to sword (I would suggest to use the Warlock punch animation but just fold it at the elbow which you did a long time ago on the old sword mod).
4- Down Smash become 2 spinning sword strikes (3.1b)
5- Up smash becomes Sword upper (3.1b)
6- Jab becomes PM jab into sword jab
7- Up tilt becomes a sword up tilt
8- Up Air change to sword slice (3.1b)
9- Fair changed to Sword fair (3.1b)
10- Nair changed to Sword Nair
Except these changes everything still remains as the default mode.
This to me will be the ultimate culmination of all your version so far as it bring the unique 4.1b Ganon and adds to him some great sword moves from the awesome 3.1b (or prior). And as an added bonus possibly include Heavy D88's great & unique animations too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Idea 2: Competitive/PM friendly Sword stance.

Now what I mean by that^ is a Sword mod that the PMDT could possibly implement into the official PM. Obviously there is no saying how they actually judge what goes in n' out of the game, but I guess this could be the "most likely scenario" of something like this being official. It should be *kind of* in the same vein as Samus' Ice Beam stance change that only changes a few key things.

So the move set is PM 3.6 exactly but with 1 big change and few tiny changes like;
1- The big change will be a good grab range and an animation that uses his left hand (like in v4.1b) to; 1: give him a good grab range cause well... he really needs it. And 2; to accommodate for the sword stance that will need his right arm for the sword.
* Also with the increase in grab range I would suggest to worsen his down throw; so the knockback/knockback growth are higher so follow ups are harder to do at high % and chain grab become impossible sooner at lower %.
2- the new air dodge animation with darkness effect on it (to match the official ground dodges)
3- the ground punch get up attack instead of the Capoiera kick as it's a copy animation of Falcon.
4- the up B grab animations into this *if possible*

5- And losing animation to this, as him clapping just always seemed so "un-ganon-esc" to me
All the animation stuff is just because they are unique to him and don't really change the game play much if at all.

Now when you hold down taunt *if possible* it will retain the special taunt attack. But if the down taunt is pressed quickly Ganon will transition to sword mode. Now only several moves will change and to balance the 2 stances the Sword grounded attacks will be stronger than the fist ones but will be slower with more punishable end lag while obviously having a boost in range. While the aerial sword moves will be slightly slower than the fist ones but also a little weaker.
1- PM F-smash will become a Elbow (edited warlock punch animation) into Sword slice
2- PM Down smash will become a 2 spinning sword strikes (v3.1b)
3- PM Up smash will become a Sword upper (v3.1b)
4- PM Fair will become a Sword Fair (v3.1b)
5- PM Nair will become a Sword Nair
6- PM Up tilt will become a Sword Up tilt
7- PM Up B will lose it ability to grab and instead Ganon will just strike with his Sword at the end
8- PM Grounded Wizard kick will become the Sword rush. While aerial Wizard Kick remain the same (maybe with a slightly edited animation to fit in with Ganon holding a sword)
9- PM Float will need to have Ganon sheath his sword while in flight or the sword can hover next to him.

Ideally the sword stance will only provide a somewhat different play style by changing/editing 7-8 moves that overall increases range and power while on the ground, but sacrifice over all speed on the ground & air and also power in the air. All the while keeping the rest move set the same as it's PM counterpart hopefully keeping Sword stance "PM competitive friendly" and something more PM Ganon players can get behind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These were just some ideas brewing in my head for quite a while that I just really felt the need put down in writing here as I think they are both pretty good. And hopefully you like them, if not I'm still as always looking forward to new versions :)

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Speaking of new animations. I made this one for another possible Lose for him. Works just fine with PM 3.6, as I'm using it currently. Just to update that old one above with a similar idea, but a bit newer, and fresher. He is facing the camera too this time instead of away from it. I think this pose... how I have him here fits him best. If you'd like to use it, just let me know Ashingda.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Speaking of new animations. I made this one for another possible Lose for him. Works just fine with PM 3.6, as I'm using it currently. Just to update that old one above with a similar idea, but a bit newer, and fresher. He is facing the camera too this time instead of away from it. I think this pose... how I have him here fits him best. If you'd like to use it, just let me know Ashingda.
That is really good! Even better than the older one.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Why thank you my good sir. I've gotten Waits down pat for the most part. Been getting into attacks now and have recreated some Smash 4 stuff for Roy. Dunno If Ashingda needs help with animating anything or not though. I know how time consuming it can be. Hope all is well on your side Ash... since you've been away for a while now.

McMarth

Smash Cadet
I love this mod to pieces. It's always in my pm build.
One thing that I think would be a really nice touch is if Ganon's aerial dodges were not only given the same darkness effect his ground dodges got, but a stance that better suited his character. The silly falcon-esque aerial dodge bothers me. I'd prefer something more controlled and effortless looking. Perhaps a pose similar to Ganon's float (upright with arms crossed) would be more appropriate? I think that'd look rad, like he just phases through dimensions to easily avoid an attack.

Btw, Heavy D88 Heavy D88 , that new lose animation is totally sick. :)

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I made an air dodge for Ganon already... similar to the grounded ones the PM team made. _Ganondorf_ posted it up there. It's the first spoiler four posts above yours. I could change it to have it look like his float a bit more though... that might actually look cool. Also thank you for the compliment.

Edit: Just finished a new dodge animation. Critique would be appreciated.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Looks great too me^ although it seems to look "longer" than his current air dodge animation which is pretty instant. Or am I just seeing things?

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Looks great too me^ although it seems to look "longer" than his current air dodge animation which is pretty instant. Or am I just seeing things?
It's actually shorter... by about 7 frames. The normal is 50. this one is 43. The reason it looks longer is because the old one snaps and holds the dodge position fairly quickly in... then slowly transitions out. I did the opposite and made it transition in slowly and out sort of fast. Glad you guys like it though.

Snowman116

Smash Rookie
Hey really appreciate this mod. It's made him more unique. How would I change him so that when I start a match he is in project m mode. And then if I wanted to use the taunt to activate this mod?

Thanks

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'll be doing some updates soon. I've moved recently and just been out of it after waiting for all my stuff to ship.

Changes: _Ganondorf_ _Ganondorf_ thanks for all the feedbacks and ideas it really got me thinking of a way to work the three modes again. I found a happy medium where all three modes can blend in together. This requires that the Wait animations be modified so it will work with all 3 sets. Usually I would have his right hand pointed downward while holding the sword but it looks bad while in fist mode so I adjusted it to the middle and it seems to satisfy me.

Heavy D88 Heavy D88 may I get your Lose and EscapeAir animations please?

S Snowman116 starting in PM mode shouldn't be a problem now that the next update will feature 3 modes again.

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Not a problem. I'll send them to you soon. Most likely in an edit here.

Edit: Here's the link. https://www.mediafire.com/folder/2e3vtly55d859/Chr0_(Animations)

I also included the SpecialHiCatch and Throw animations if you'd like to play around with those. The Catch needs to be revised though... I might do that later.

Edit2: For those who want a visual, I just revised the SpecialHiCatch and Throw to closer resemble the Smash U version. Here're some gifs.

The Catch.

The Throw.

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
You can use them if you wish. I'm glad to be of service to this. Your work throughout this project has been amazing. I added them in the link as well.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Hey guys, I'll be doing some updates soon. I've moved recently and just been out of it after waiting for all my stuff to ship.

Changes: _Ganondorf_ _Ganondorf_ thanks for all the feedbacks and ideas it really got me thinking of a way to work the three modes again. I found a happy medium where all three modes can blend in together. This requires that the Wait animations be modified so it will work with all 3 sets. Usually I would have his right hand pointed downward while holding the sword but it looks bad while in fist mode so I adjusted it to the middle and it seems to satisfy me.

Heavy D88 Heavy D88 may I get your Lose and EscapeAir animations please?

S Snowman116 starting in PM mode shouldn't be a problem now that the next update will feature 3 modes again.

Hey Ash! Very excited for the next version! I'm glad I can help in any way I can.

In the pic^ the way he holds the sword looks so weird cause I'm so used to the other way lol, but I'm sure in action it looks way better. Also if you do want the sword pointed down; maybe instead of adjusting the angle of the wrist maybe adjusting the angle of his elbow would be better? Like more in and his arm straighter? But I don't know how it will actually look in action.

Also will we get the return of the sheath? I always liked it. Last version had the low res version of it, I do have the high res version available if you need it.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Also will we get the return of the sheath? I always liked it. Last version had the low res version of it, I do have the high res version available if you need it.
Do you mind sharing it? Because I don't think I have that one.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Guys! Here's something interesting that I have managed to pull off. After importing the Ganondorf model into Blender I was able to replicate the bones (at least the ones that matters) and using Python to do a series of ctrl+c and ctrl+v, I'm able to also import the animation into Blender!

After modifying the animation being able to use inverse kinematics and all, a simple reverse copy/paste with Python exports it back into brawlbox. I'm able to move him more like I want it now!

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Oh sweet. Nice job there. Hopefully no more bones jutting around giving you issues. Trust me... I know how that feels. It's a nightmare. Been animating a lot more recently, as you've seen. Good luck with this new method man. I hope it works even better for you.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
So I got, (with the help of a friend) the Smash 3 Ganondorf, with sheath only to work with Project M. Took some doing, but came out perfectly. All the recolors were also added to it.

Pics:

Originally this was with the extra swords in hand and in the sheath. I just got rid of them and got it to work without them. Ashingda Ashingda , if ever you want these to add to your mod, just ask and I'll compile them for you.

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Yeah these are definitely going to be included in the next upload.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
The mod works perfectly fine with other models. So no worries.

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Ashingda Ashingda Could you bring back the Melee sword for his alts? Are you also adding sheaths for each palette swap?

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Heyo. I just got done with making a down smash animation for Ganon. It's for a test I'm taking to make something original. The gif I'm about to show you is of the AttackLw4Start, Hold, and Attack portions... all in one animation. The only reason I'm posting it here is because I think it would be a cool replacement for his magic mode. Ashingda Ashingda , if you think it'd be something you're interested in using. Let me know.

Here's the gif.

The attack is basically him charging darkness in his left hand... then slamming it into the ground, creating a surge of energy through the ground, where two pillars of darkness would sprout up on either side of him. Damage would probably be around 20-25% total for both sides.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Heyo. I just got done with making a down smash animation for Ganon. It's for a test I'm taking to make something original. The gif I'm about to show you is of the AttackLw4Start, Hold, and Attack portions... all in one animation. The only reason I'm posting it here is because I think it would be a cool replacement for his magic mode. Ashingda Ashingda , if you think it'd be something you're interested in using. Let me know.

Here's the gif.

The attack is basically him charging darkness in his left hand... then slamming it into the ground, creating a surge of energy through the ground, where two pillars of darkness would sprout up on either side of him. Damage would probably be around 20-25% total for both sides.
I could see this as a zoner move as well if you want the pillar to erupt from a distance. (Like during the charge you may tilt the stick left or right depending on where you will erupt it, otherwise it act the way you describe it.)

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
That would actually be kinda cool too.

Edit: I've finished my second animation for my test. It's for Ganon again... which is why I thought I'd post it. This would go as an alternate version of his Up Taunt. Here's a gif.

Notice how it resembles the CSP pose for OoT Ganon in the menu? I thought it would look good as an animation... so I took inspiration from it and made one. Heheh.

Last edited:
Top Bottom