• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tricks of the Trade

D.R.

Smash Apprentice

The only thing I didn't know b4 reading this thread was the jab cancel. Shouldn't the name be changed cuz what if people get confused when they mention "JC", They might think "JC"means "Jump Cancel" instead of "Jab Cancel". Thanks forward for taking your time to make this thread and trying to help a couple of people out.:smash: :sniper:

CHUK

Smash Ace
I like how you open this thread, real classy... OMGWTF Jay Kay bro so sick info. I though your reply to phanna was pretty classy too. AZ FTWRapeTrain.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
You're right, I'm full of crap. All I really did was read a bunch of threads in melee discussion to learn these tricks, then I put a bunch of them together and acted like they are my own because that's what I do in my spare time. When I'm not busy taking credit for other people's discoveries, I enjoy reading, long walks on the beach, and money matching random nobody's from Florida who act tuff ;)
10 Sama-Dollars
:)

IrArby

Smash Ace
Someone (Tope I think) mentioned platform dropping out of your shield which is I'm almost positive called Shai dropping (not Isai Shield Drop) and I haven't seen anyone before him do it. I believe his UTUBE vid of it says you can drop in as little as one frame. You can do it out of a dash or dash dance but not from a landing so its good to know both the Isai and the Shai drops. Wavedash to drop takes longer I think than Isai too.

And yes you can either short hop or full jump out of you shield instantly or asap with the cstick however its difficult to time more so than SHing with the Control stick in my opinion since you have to anticipate the end of the shieldstun and let go before your SH becomes a FJ.

To whomever was hating on the Cstick: your just wrong there pal.

Forward: You should edit in lightsheilding on platforms after you take an opponents stock to avoid taking damage during their invincibility. I see it alot but no one discusses that. Plus, if you keep holding forward you can bait them on the platform and rotate the stick to Shai drop whenever so your not stuck up their if they don't hit you off.
That and something I've been looking into a lot lately is the Marth Killer edgeguard using Falcon and Shiek. It works great because even if they land on the stage and avoid the edgehog, you can ledgehop Fair (the Slap or the Knee) them which might very possibly equal death. They usually mess up the DI on that trick too. Shiek will generally have some better options though so take it for what it is I guess . . .

EDIT: @Foward: Major props on your Falco man and I really enjoy your combo vids. They've got good music to boot!

EDIT EDIT: Could someone else please comment. I don't think I could bear being responsible for the death of another thread.

Top Bottom