• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tricks and Glitches FAQ with Pictures (47 min. video included)

CDorrian

Smash Apprentice
I found one.

Choose IC for player one and anybody else for the partner in training mode. Spawn 2 super scopes and recreate the Infinite Ammo glitch for both IC. Now proceed to shoot, and look at the "Damage" Box. If done right, it shouldn't register any of the shots as hits.

dragonsshadows

Smash Apprentice
I tried to add the first post to wikipedia. I doubt it will stick, but it was worth a shot. I was hoping someone could go through and look for broken links. We still need help fixing grammer errors or improving explinations. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

drago980

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this has already been posted but Sheik's super sex recovery also works with fox and falco

JRI3102

Smash Apprentice
sorry guys it has been a long time and i really appreciate Dragonshadows for picking up my slack on this topic

obvisly there has been a lot of changes and modifications to this perticular post and i assure you that they will get added when ever i have some time.....

find comfort that they are posted here and that i am still checking this site once and a while

thanks again to everyone who has contributed to this site added to the glitch trick faq. and kept it alive for the past three years.

(edit)
Cowdude that is a very common occurance whenever a player cancels an attack before it is compleated for instance taunt with DK and then instantly pause (he will continue the sound effect through the pause) then continue the motion without sound

Bungalobill3: Look under Sheik super sex kick recovery

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
One of the glitch/tricks that happens a lot is one pokemon stadium.

This should work with some characters (well, Falco at least)

Infinate Ledge:
When pokemon stadium turns into a rock stadium, hang on the ledge to the right. With health under 100, you should hit a to come back up and attack. As soon as you return to a stand, you will fall back onto the ledge. You can repeat this untill the stage changed or somebody hits you.

Monk1

Smash Rookie
G&W turtle

I'm new to these boards and the first thing i did was look at this glitch FAQ and tried some of them out. I'm not really too great at melee and i could only get a few of these glitches to work.

One glitch i really wanted to see was the G&W carrying his turtle glitch, but for some reason it wouldn't work.

Does anyone have any tips to get this glitch to work? A video of the glitch being done would also be nice.

gogogobaby

Smash Rookie
Hey a Glitch! Don't flame if this has already been posted.
Have Mewtwo as player 1, Marth as player 2
The stage is Final Destination
Mewtwo does his Down B, at the edge of Final Destination, to Marth, while Marth is recovering using his Up B (Dophin Slash)
If done correctly Marth should be sent flying up into the air very far and not die. This may work on more than one stage.
Hope you like it.

MUGG

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to make a big Glitch video in the summer holidays.
Recently I've decided to buy a NTSC version of SSBM, so maybe I'll make a bigger one.

May I take these textes from the first post for my video?
Because my English sucks^^

I'm sure I know some more glitches than written in the first post.
I'll release them in the summer holidays

CowDude

Smash Apprentice
Gah, I didn't want this thread to die. XP I'll be looking forward to your vid, MUGG.

MUGG

Smash Apprentice
yeah thanks.
But at the moment I have some other projects I'm working on.
*edit: whoops I didn't see that I mentioned that my video will be finished in summer yet*

CowDude

Smash Apprentice
Eh, it doesn't really matter when to me, as long as it's out before Brawl. =P I'm just glad someone's doing one in the first place.

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
I know a glitch in the hyrule maze in adventure mode i did it with falco. This is how i did it i started from the beggining and from there i went to the right side in the middle tunnel and there is a path that goes up and 1 that goes down right under on the bottom path there is a curved wall. I rolled towards the curved wall and then i wave dashed forward and i went through the ground. If you dont believe me try it yourself. I tried it with other characters it doesnt work with everyone. I think it doesnt work with samus.
I dont know if this glitch is discovered yet but i havent seen anything about this at all.

DJLO

Smash Journeyman
Golden Glory: Directors Cut

I got this idea from ssbm.detstar.com

This is a list of attacks which will change your color when made of metal.

Everyone: Smashing(Gold to silver-gold), shield break (red)
Doc: B(Red)
Mario: B(Red)
Luigi: B(Green), Misfire(orange, yellow, black, burgundy)
Bowser: B(Bright orange)
Peach: B(purple)
Yoshi: Over B(Gold and white)
DK: B(Gold to silver-gold)
CF: B(gold, orange), up B(yellow, orange)
Ganondorf: B (purple) Up B(same as CF)
Falco: Up B(Yellow), down B(cyan)
Fox: Up B(yellow, bronze) " "
Ness: Up B(light teal), hit with up B(green)
IC: None D:
Samus: Up B(mint green, white, lime green)
Kirby: Down B(shades of gold) [some copied b's work too]
Zelda: ftilt(red), overB(red-orange) upB(green) downB(very light green)
Sheik: Up B(orange)
Link and YL: Up B(gold, bronze)
Pikachu: B(lightish blue), downB(dark blue), overA, downA, fair and dair(silver blue)
Pichu: Same as pika but minus downB and B is(blue)
Mewtwo: Breleased, overB, nair and downB(purple) overA(slight orange)
Jiggs: B(gold)
Roy: overB(red, green, blue, red), upB(orange and bronze) chargingB(red,orange,yellow, white) downB(purple)
Marth: Same as Roy, chargingB(Purple) down B(white, bronze)

thats it!

note: some other things will change the color of metal players. fire results in warm colors, electricity in blue and "purple" attacks in purple.

JRI3102

Smash Apprentice
Minor update i added a few new glitches and tricks.

ti83pop: that looks like a fun one... because you are over 100 you do the attack animation and because it is fire level the stage blocks your assent. it can be done with a lot of characters with long get up attacks try it with Bowser.
secondly go to yoshi's story. (new one, short side and top boundries, with the rescue cloud.) hold the left side of the level with luigi and wait for the cloud to interupt your hang animation, the hold right and try to get up onto the stage. luigi will repeat the recovery animation about 10 time in under one second, until the cloud is to far right to catch him again.

dragonshadows: thats the same spot to fall through coneria the spot stays there because of the level rising animation and the attack falling below the battlefield. and it moves because the stage moves around it. thanks.

gogogobaby: already posted search mewtwo in the contents to find it. it can be done multiple ways.

DJLO: I added your list to mine on the front page thanks a lot unfortunatally i gave Dragonshadows credit because you share the same avitar i will change that soon

MUGG: good luck with that video post it here and i will put it on page one!!

boricuaboy: haven't been able to get it yet.. is there any trick involved to get it eaiser?

ycz12

Smash Ace
I'm having trouble reproducing the bob-omb rain glitch, which I'm quite interested in. I've tried everything you said, on both 1.01 and 1.02. Nothing has yet worked.

CowDude

Smash Apprentice
I haven't tried in a while, but try putting it on a 99 stock, 1 minute time match. Don't get hit or hit anyone (just avoid a level 1 CPU), and when sudden death starts (or shortly after), bombs should rain down. If it doesn't happen at first in SD, keep avoiding.

CowDude

Smash Apprentice
Nice! Awesome link to that Youtube user!

Your metal colors weren't bad either, though they're more of a trick.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
You guys know how to do a double costum without team Battle? Like two White Doc Mario's on the same stage? Or the one where Peach Stands on the front guns of the Great Fox, tosses a turnip down at the ground (while standing) and it pops up above the stage, other characters can grab it.

CowDude

Smash Apprentice
Found a new one. You know the one where Peach does her down tilt enough against a high damage opponent, and they get stuck on a ceiling? I got it to work with Pichu's down tilt.

radical00edward

Smash Journeyman
anyone find any glitches in brawl yet? me and my friends tried the infinate super scope and black hole, but they made the super scope have a lot less ammo so it was impossible to get it to work..

JRI3102

Smash Apprentice
I haven't updated this for a very long time, (graduating college and everything) If anyone wants to summarize all the new posts (that haven't made the original post yet) and put them at the end. (preferably in a similar format to what I have already put up) I would be more then happy to update.

EDIT: Thank you to everyone who helped with this and keep it alive, I am just glad to see that all my hard work didn't just get erased on the internet. It has been a long time since I have tampered with this and I don't want to unnecessarily want to bump it.

If anyone has any suggestions on how I can improve the original post please let me know. thank you.

Top Bottom