• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Training Mode 2.0

Big Guppy

Smash Rookie
Disclaimer: I'm unsure how possible this idea would actually be, but I thought there would be no harm in sharing.

One of my least favorite parts about smash bros is trying to get new people to play. I'm by no means amazing at the game, but it's really difficult for me to get people who have never played competitively before to start because after losing a handful of matches in a row they just give up. I try to tell them to keep at it, but most of the time they are just uninterested at that point. Even my friends who already enjoy the game get tired of play pretty quickly because it seems daunting to them to learn how to shffl, wavedash, ect. just to play against me. The obvious solution to this would be to just make new friends, but I think it would be cool if an expanded training mode was possible. Something that would teach you not only how to do different tech skills / combos, but also teach you when they are instrumental. Anyway it was just a thought. What do you guy's think?

Vashimus

Smash Master
Well do your friends actually want to get better? Because spoon-feeding them information that they weren't even interested enough in to look up themselves isn't gonna help much.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
this has been suggested multiple times in the past. it isn't possible. sorry :(

Big Guppy

Smash Rookie
Yeah I more or less assumed as much, but I figured there was no harm in throwing it out there.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
is it not possible to set computers up to do proper di (or just di a certain way, in general) or to tech randomly?

JayMan-X

Smash Apprentice
How about making CPU difficulty match certain DI, like making Lv1 always have no DI, Lv2 DI Up, Lv3 DI Up and Right, Lv4 Right and so on?
Even better, maybe have only one specific character have their CPU levels be like this, like Mario since everything he has is pretty much average.

Top Bottom