• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trailer for "Pluck You!" A prolimar combo vid by shanus

shanus

Smash Hero
Hi guys, promised this for a while and its progressing nicely! Editted by my good buddy DangerLance who is pro ness, and olimar played by me!

Here's the trailer for Pluck You!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6iKPrlygVQ

Watch in high quality and leave some lovin'

shanus

Smash Hero
gonna try to go zori, if i go home (which is about 20 min away from milford) ill come by for some matches on my way back to RI

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pretty good stuff there. Not very many combos onstage, but spikes are always good. :)

shanus

Smash Hero
heh dangr, i find a lot of onstage combos to be pretty repeatable, and in many cases rather dull to watch. and a lot of grab-game has been so covered on video i chose to not include a lot of it in the trailer, but they'll be some more in the full vid.

whats been fun about collecting all this footage is ive been a lot more aggressive and learned that olimar can do some crazy things off the edge whereas most people tend to shun from it

Waldorf

Smash Rookie
Youa re truly a god of Olimar. Geez. GEEZ!!!! Have you played NC-Echo? I heard he's really good as well.

asob4

Smash Champion
i'm growing tired of spikes =/ but for a trailer they're a must lol (even though mine is going to have lots of spikes hehe)

some 0-80 or 0-death combo's would be nice in the full one

good trailer though can't wait til the full one comes out. loved the olimar close up at the end haha

mine is going to have a LOT of up b stage spikes muahahaha -cough-

@waldorf
you realize that combo vids are purely for entertainment. no one claims to be great when they post a combo vid

he is good, but a combo vid should not be a judgement of skill in actual play. (not putting you down shanus don't worry)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
shanus-yes I agree with you. It's repetitive for the most part, but I never see any unique combos that people make up, like... once against my friend's bowser I racked 100-somethin % doing a combo similiar to this:

SH>dair>dtilt>dtilt>nair>dair>uptilt>upair

It wasn't that exact thing, but from what I can remember, that's what it kinda looked like, cuz it was 10 or so attacks long, and it was too long for me to remember what exactly happened. I guess no-one really does that sort of thing eh?

shanus

Smash Hero
Dangr, a lot of the times i try, but a lot of those onstagers are so easily air dodged except for heavyweights :-(... all my friends play ness, lucas, ROB, snake (sometimes) or lucario so im somewhat limited in my onstage combos, (like 4 hitters maxed, and thats if they dont sDI out of a nair or utilt)

But sometimes, you get lucky!

Thanks for all the comments all, I'm hoping to collect a bit more footage and make a full length feature by the end of the month. No guarantees thoooo

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
Dude, how the heck do you time the D-air so well? It seems like you make it hit while the guy is still in front of Olimar instead of below him... ! :psycho:

P.S. You totally got lucky at 1:01 ish against that Ness... his Thunder thing knocked you in like just the right direction, lol

P.S.S. Love how you mixed in the movie sequences from the game...

P.S.S.S. 1:24. Dair off the ledge. So. Good. xD

shanus

Smash Hero
haha Kabuto, about the spikes, i dunno, i just like to do a lot of air game (haha if you couldnt tell already)...

The 1:01 clip was more for the sDI to wall tech part of the clip, me living after gimping his up+B was an added bonus hahaha

glad you all have enjoyed it. I have like a good 6 minutes worth of imported combos/footage for a video but I'm not totally pleased yet with all of the selection. I guess I'll need to play more over the next few weeks ;-) and churn out a good finished product!

Timodes

Smash Rookie
You are a really good Olimar, you made some mistakes though, some of that awesome K.O's was just luck, while some of them was pure evil and awesome.

Keep up the good work! 8D

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
I posted a comment on the youtube vid, I think you know how much I love your olimar ;), considering my first few weeks were simply copying you and echo :p....LOVED the tether edgehog kill!!

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
That was the sexiest combo video ever! The music was superb dude, kinda gave it a james bond feel. James Olimar Bond! And the spikes were godly, sexy timing.

SUB_ZERO

Smash Apprentice
Brilliant, nice spiking, awesome use of yellow and that Lolimar moment was EPIC! can't wait!

shanus

Smash Hero
haha thanks guys, glad you enjoyed it so far... i need more good footage to keep everyone happy hahahaha

Mitsuko

Smash Apprentice
ummm... not to disapoint anyone, but, there really isn't any way to keep a set out combo going, with the new game dynamics, a person can easily dodge, or DI out of a combo. I do have a combo my clan developed though. If you do the pasudo chain grab towards the end, then you can have a ken combo ending, which in the end, kills them, it takes practice though. The nice thing about the pasudo chain grab though, is that it's flexible, so you can change to their DI and dodging quite easily.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
ummm... not to disapoint anyone, but, there really isn't any way to keep a set out combo going, with the new game dynamics, a person can easily dodge, or DI out of a combo. I do have a combo my clan developed though. If you do the pasudo chain grab towards the end, then you can have a ken combo ending, which in the end, kills them, it takes practice though. The nice thing about the pasudo chain grab though, is that it's flexible, so you can change to their DI and dodging quite easily.
...lol...so you say you can't combo b/c of di...then list a combo that you can di out of...lol

Olly has 2 actual combos that can't be di-ed out of...that's it, everything else is tech chasing. And Shanus does it better that almost everyone.

shanus

Smash Hero
techchasing with olimar is too much fun. pivot grab left or right and its just too good. luigi's mansion can make for fun times with the right matchup

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
techchasing with olimar is too much fun. pivot grab left or right and its just too good. luigi's mansion can make for fun times with the right matchup
I HATE L.M. People bring me there and I just try to survive until the next match. The first brawl tourney I won had L.M. as a neutral...I was pretty pissed :D

P.S. - Techchasing with Olly is teh sechs :D

shanus

Smash Hero
meh, most of the time, im cool with luigi's mansion, there are certain characters i hate playing there, like ness because PK fire on the pillars is annoying as hell, or snake is annoying there too, etcetc

Top Bottom