• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trailer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Sadly, I don't think we will be getting many good reactions due to it not actually being at a press conference...

As I plan on watching this Nintendo Direct with a Bunch of friends I should totally record our reaction to it >.>

D

Deleted member

As said many times, my main hope for this trailer is that it confirms Mega Man's inclusion. Right now, this would be my character prediction for the trailer:
- Mario
- Link
- Pikachu
- Kirby
- Samus
- Pit

- Ridley
- Palutena
- Takamaru
- Little Mac
- Mega Man

I also think that we'll receive a Snake-like shock in regards to the game play and go into depth about the 3DS-Wii-U connection.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Okay, for a full list of what inclusions the trailer could feature...

Returning Characters: Mario, Pikachu, Link, Kirby

Newcomers: Isaac, Takamaru, Ray Mk III, Starfy

3rd Party Inclusion: Sonic

Bonus Addition: Luigi (to celebrate "The Year of Luigi")

D

Deleted member

The trailer may be the same as Brawl. Mario, Link, Pikachu and Kirby may be featured again followed by several newcomers.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
This be good. If most here have Skype maybe I don't need to bring in chatrooms anymore.

Gonna private message you about that. Sort of, kind of, maybe, I don't know.

Okay, for a full list of what inclusions the trailer could feature...

Returning Characters: Mario, Pikachu, Link, Kirby

Newcomers: Isaac, Takamaru, Ray Mk III, Starfy

3rd Party Inclusion: Sonic

Bonus Addition: Luigi (to celebrate "The Year of Luigi")
Stop dreaming pal.

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
Luigi is obviously going to be the only character in the game.
That'd be the best game ever. Just add Random with Luigi and Ill be fine :3

We need to change the discussion to:

How Luigi will be Portrayed in the SSB4 Trailer.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Why do people think Takamaru should be revealed? He should be an unlockable character IMO due to not being known worldwide. Balloon Fighter is better to reveal IMO.

Also my list:
- Mario
- Link
- Pikachu
- Kirby
- Pit
- Samus

-Ridley
-Palutena
-Balloon Fighter
-Little Mac
-Shulk
-Megaman
-Goku (Not that Yuyuki one, why do people even look into that game? His inclusion would be the biggest lie in Smash, making people think it's Dragonball Goku.)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I actually don't believe much that Luigi will appear in the trailer, considering he's usually a secret character...

However, with the whole "Year of Luigi" stuff going on, Luigi might be default for this time around, much like Ness and Captain Falcon in Melee.

(Not that Yuyuki one, why do people even look into that game? His inclusion would be the biggest thing ever in Smash, making people think it's Dragonball Goku.)
Fixed. :troll:

Goku will not appear. Period. Stop believing into crap rumors and open your eyes to the truth, no matter how harsh it is.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
My list

Vets: Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu

Newcomers: Shulk, Palutena, Ridley, Takamaru, and Mega Man

I actually don't believe much that Luigi will appear in the trailer, considering he's usually a secret character...

However, with the whole "Year of Luigi" stuff going on, Luigi might be default for this time around, much like Ness and Captain Falcon in Melee.
Luigi and Jigglypuff are default instead of Cap and Ness.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I really don't get the point of videogame license rights now since we have a Nascar driver in Sega Allstars Transformed.
Well for starters, were talking two different developers from two different genres from two different companies. It's not the same deal. Characters not from a video game are not coming in period.

What was up with Danica being in that game anyway?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I really don't get the point of videogame license rights now since we have a Nascar driver in Sega Allstars Transformed.
SEGA's game isn't built on the same rules. Plus, i think Danica Patrick was advertising SEGA in nascar. Thats why she was in ASRT.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sega All-Stars =/= Super Smash Bros.

Sakurai has stated that non-video game characters aren't eligible. And it makes sense too.

Note the criteria for the inclusion of third-parties:
- Must appear on a Nintendo system.
- Must originate from a video game.

Considering Nintendo is a video game company and Smash Bros. is a celebration of Nintendo's history, it makes sense why only certain third party characters are allowed.

(And, wow, am I really stating the obvious?)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I expect a LOT of ******** on these very forums when one beloved character doesn't appear.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It's kinda hard to predict what's gonna happen for this trailer. But I do have a feeling that Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, and Pit will be appearing. There's obviously going to be a surprise character or two. However, Sakurai set the bar really high on Brawl's unpredictable surprise character with Solid Snake and that'll be very hard to beat for Smash 4's reveal.

Well, anyways, CAN'T EFFING WAIT FOR E3!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If they do that transition thing showing the change of the art style, I hope they do it properly for Kirby. :p

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If they do that transition thing showing the change of the art style, I hope they do it properly for Kirby. :p
The right way to do it is to only do it on Kirby, and show nothing else. Now that'd leave quite the impression.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One thing I'm curious for the trailer is how much time will they focus on the Wii U game and how much time on the 3DS game (assuming they're drastically different from each other)? I'm betting that the Wii U game will get more show time.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
My prediction for which newcomers are shown:
K.Rool
Little Mac
Mega Man
And, hmm, I'm going to say Lloyd Irving. He's super popular in Japan, and it'd still bring a lot of hype in the West as well.

I think it'll just be four new characters shown this time around since there'll be fewer new characters in SSB4 anyway.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't surprise me if the trailer is less awesome and cinematic than the Brawl one, but has more actual shots of non-CGI playing to show off the new concept and innovations. I do think there will be as many newcomers in the first trailer and one big reveal to close things off, such as a Namco inclusion.

Worst-case scenario, they only have a demo and a short trailer based on an example match, but instead announce when they plan to show more or perhaps bring back Japan Time (TM). Sakurai, bless him, has a flair for getting fans all hyped up and showing new things, but he always takes his time and focuses on doing things when he's satisfied with progress.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
One thing I'm curious for the trailer is how much time will they focus on the Wii U game and how much time on the 3DS game (assuming they're drastically different from each other)? I'm betting that the Wii U game will get more show time.
In context the Wii U version getting a tad more publicity would make sense from a business standpoint. Essentially the Wii U version needs the boost more then the 3DS version in order to encourage people to buy the Wii U.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If a trailer is shown, I'd rather not get the newcomers early, but instead, show off the veterans, and how much better they look now that the graphics have improved significantly. After all, the Wii was barely stronger than the GameCube, so we're literally having like a 2 generation jump in terms of graphical power.

On top of that, we're getting basically getting a jump of 2 generations of processing power, which means we can have a lot more going on all at once.

In regards to the 3DS Smash Bros, it will look very similar to Melee probably (although probably more pixelated), and honestly, it might be better to show first. I imagine Sakurai has some big things planned for it.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
The reveal trailer will start like this:

Then some gameplay :

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ If Reggie is in it like the post above you, then it will surpass the Brawl trailer.

Although, for REALZS, the Brawl (reveal) trailer IMO is BY FAR the best (reveal) trailer of all-time, so it probably won't top it.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Re-doing what i said.

Vets: Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Kirby

Newcomers: Takamaru, Shulk, Ridley, Mega Man (or Lloyd/Namco rep)

Extra: Luigi

They need to make something EPIC like this again. (with Reggie)

Reggie, Miyamoto, Sakurai, Harada, and Iwata come on stage and beat down on characters with golf clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom