• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trailer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
All discussions related to trailers belong here.

The first one is expected to be revealed at E3, possibly a little sooner in a Nintendo Direct.

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
I heard there was going to be no big conference. Which is smart since Sony and Microsoft is going to unveil their systems. So I'm guessing they're going to show Smash 4 and let people play the BETA.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I have a hard time imagining a trailer that is on scale with past trailers that doesn't end up ripping off either the SSBM (intro) or SSBB trailers. Either way, I'm sure they'll make it great, and I'm sure people are gonna go nuts.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well we don't know what the trailer will exactly showcase, considering we're in the dark. But I will say don't overestimate how amazing it will be, just for the sake of avoiding disappointment.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well Mario, Link, Pikachu and Kirby are definitely likely of showing up in that trailer. But I do hope they show some of the other veterans too (besides Samus and Fox) as well as more brand new newcomers obviously.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I predict Mario, Link, Kriby, and Pikachu will be in this trailer.
I imagine we'll get a reveal of one of the more popular newcomers, possibly one retro character, and one character very few people saw coming.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Well Mario, Link, Pikachu and Kirby are definitely likely of showing up in that trailer. But I do hope they show some of the other veterans too (besides Samus and Fox) as well as more brand new newcomers obviously.
Pit, Donkey Kong, and Samus are likely to show up if Kid Icarus, Donkey Kong, and Metroid have newcomers shown off in the trailer.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
A few newcomers, the classic four ( Mario, Link, Kirby, Picachu ) and one retro will do us all good and keep the fanboys raging. :troll:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
My predictions for the trailer:
- Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Kirby will be shown (crazy, I know :p)
- At least four newcomers (Takamaru, Palutena, Little Mac, and Ridley being among my guesses for most likely)
- At least one third-party
- At least one new mechanic/major item addition (like Smash Ball or AT previously) will be shown
- Showcasing of at least one difference between the 3DS and Wii U versions (if not in the trailer then in details revealed alongside it)
- Something noteworthy right at the end of the trailer, because Sakurai

I predict I'll also fall out of my chair, because that's what I do. Embarrass:laugh:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I heard there was going to be no big conference. Which is smart since Sony and Microsoft is going to unveil their systems. So I'm guessing they're going to show Smash 4 and let people play the BETA.
I agree that it's a smart move by Nintendo to avoid compete with the other conferences.

I don't think there will be a Smash 4 demo, but who knows? The game has been in development for over a year, after all. Sakurai and his team ought to have a good part of the game ready to show.

Well we don't know what the trailer will exactly showcase, considering we're in the dark. But I will say don't overestimate how amazing it will be, just for the sake of avoiding disappointment.
I agree. It's okay to have our expectations, but getting too hyped is recipe for disappointment.

Like many others said, I'm sure Mario, Link, Kirby and Pikachu will show up. Maybe Samus and Pit will also be featured.

In order to create hype, they must reveal newcomers obviously.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Actually, I think it'll be Link, Kirby, Pikachu, and Luigi.

It is the Year of Luigi isn't it?
Good point. Maybe they will have some Year of Luigi stuff going on.

What if Luigi becomes default and Mario has to be unlocked? :laugh:

Iwata: Za Iya of Ruiji.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
When looking back at the first trailer that Brawl had when it was first shown, it showed off a few veterans, aka, Mario, Link, Kirby, and Pika. It then showed that Pit, ZSS, Wario, and MK (forgot bout Snake...) were newcomers. They did the same thing with Melee with a few veterans first, then some newcomers in a different fashion. If Nintendo were to go the similar route, they'll have the Smash4 Trailer show some veterans fighting it out first, and then have a few newcomers appear, and most likely, another 3rd part at the end, which has been said already.

When looking at the Nintendo games these days and a bit back then, I would say that Bowser Jr and Lady Palutena are 2 of the more-likely newcomers to be shown, but I'm not certain about who else. A pattern I'm trying to figure out is what characters have potential, seem popular and believable, have importance to either Nintendo (ROB was back then I think) or to the games they're in while being very likely, but stuff like that is hard to predict when there's no trailer yet, but we'll see.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Brawl's trailer was one of the most hype and epic trailers I saw. They're going to pull off a big one if they're gonna make a trailer for SSB4 that is as epic as SSBB's trailer was.

I don't think the trailer will start off with Link, Mario, Kirby, and Pikachu entering the battle scene. That would be an act of repetition. Instead, they might show another character(s) entry or possibly a genuine idea on the entry of the Link,Mario,Kirby, and Pikachu instead of the regular initial battle scene.

I predict that Megaman will be in the trailer. And somehow Mewtwo and Roy would be in it too as "revived characters" or something similar.

This trailer can go in any direction, let's just hope that it will even be better than any other SSB trailer :)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I have a feeling the next trailer for the Wii U version would emphasize the more power hardware of the system being capable of producing HD visuals. In concept a spiritual successor to the opening from Melee, which in turn was essentially used for the first trailer for Melee.

Which reminds me.

Producing the same reaction is going to kind of a challenge.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I love how people cheered for Pit more than they did for MK in that Brawl Trailer. <3

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'd be willing to bet money that some of the people cheering at the Melee part were cheering because they thought Ridley was gonna be playable.
Imagine if we got another one of those misleading "character reveals" in the trailer of smash 4 as well. That would be such a **** move of Nintendo. :p

Maybe that's why they've done the reveals with the characters names showing up like they did in the Brawl Trailers.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'd be willing to bet money that some of the people cheering at the Melee part were cheering because they thought Ridley was gonna be playable.
I wouldn't deny it.

I love how people cheered for Pit more than they did for MK in that Brawl Trailer. <3
Pit and Snake caused the strongest reactions in Brawl's trailer.

Maybe it was because Pit was more unexpected than Meta Knight? And the reaction to Snake, well... it blew everyone's minds.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ok, new direction in the Smash 4 forums? Damn it, we are getting so close!

Also: I LOVE YOU ALL!

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I'd like a trailer with CGI cutscenes for the announcement itself, with some newcomers and stuff.

THEN gameplay videos showing off new stuff and mechanics.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I figured putting Brawl's trailer with reactions would be fitting too.

I love how the crowd reacted to Snake as a newcomer. My friends and I flipped off when the Snake scene appeared. Let's just hope they'll give the newcomers an entry scene as epic as Snake's entry scene.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I heard about the newcomers in the trailer before actually seeing it. I first thought Snake was a joke actually. :laugh:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Watching that Melee E3 video never gets boring, you can just feel the great atmosphere and excitement in the crowd. Hyped to see people's reaction this year, if I can contain myself that is. If Ridley is announced it'll probably be hard to not scream.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I'm curious as to how people will play as Ridley, I mean he's the first kind of "monster" character to be put into a Smash game. I guess Bowser kind of counts as a monster but it's not the same as Ridley.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm willing to bet it'll focus on the new features more but they'll revel at least one new character to wet the appetite for a new dojo.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm willing to bet it'll focus on the new features more but they'll revel at least one new character to wet the appetite for a new dojo.
I'm sure that we'll get more than 1 newcomer, the new features will simply take the spot of the Final Smashes in the trailer, and they'll get further explained at the convention, or maybe even on the Nintendo Direct. At least that's my prediction, I'm fairly certain that they know very well that new characters are and will always be the most hyped thing about a new Smash Bros.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One thing is certain, if there's a new 3rd party character, they'll be announced.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
One thing is certain, if there's a new 3rd party character, they'll be announced.
Definitely. Only reason Sonic was kept back was because his inclusion was decided in 2007 apparently, only because of fan demand, so if there's no 3rd party character in the trailer it's a safe bet that we won't be getting any, unless Mega Man can cause enough hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom