• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toxtricity, Galar's Punk Pokemon, for Smash!

Which Toxtricity form do you prefer?

• Total voters

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky

If we get a Pokémon character announced for Smash in the upcoming Nintendo Direct, I really hope that it’s Toxtricity specifically. I feel like so many people are sleeping on Toxtricity’s chances, Toxtricity is one of the most popular Pokémon to be introduced from Gen 8.
I'll be hyped as long as it's not a starter. Not because I don't like them (Inteleon is my boy), but because they don't feel that interesting compared to previous sets of starters (or even other gen 8 mons) + some variety would be nice. We could really use a non starter to get people to stop being boring and talk exclusively about starters when smash speculation comes around (specifically talking about people who don't care about pokemon).

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman

If we get a Pokémon character announced for Smash in the upcoming Nintendo Direct, I really hope that it’s Toxtricity specifically. I feel like so many people are sleeping on Toxtricity’s chances, Toxtricity is one of the most popular Pokémon to be introduced from Gen 8.
While I have several characters I’d prefer to see before another Pokemon, Toxtricity is absolutely the one I’d want to see out of the new Gen.

Interestingly, it seems a shiny Toxtricity is going to be distributed starting February 19th, likely as part of the celebration leading up to Pokemon Day on the 27th. While the timing being right after the Direct is almost certainly just coincidence and has nothing to do with its chances of being a Smash character, it definitely does speak to how popular Toxtricity has gotten that it’s getting the gift Pokemon treatment.

3400387A-B5B8-4B57-A0AD-FAEDD9A79400.jpeg

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495

Toxtricity has a lot of advantages to get picked early on, but i won't be surprised if that somehow wasn't the case or we get nothing at all.
That said, crossing my fingers!

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
God, it'd be sweet if Tox or Urshifu gotten the same stance mechanic like Pyra/Mythra had too, even though that's just Pokemon Trainer again.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
God, it'd be sweet if Tox or Urshifu gotten the same stance mechanic like Pyra/Mythra had too, even though that's just Pokemon Trainer again.
They might want to stick to diverse mechanics, so another character that switches like Pyra/Mythra might not happen. Plus Toxtricity & Urshifu don't work like that: they can't freely switch forms.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Plus Toxtricity & Urshifu don't work like that: they can't freely switch forms.
Which is why I specified it could be Pokemon Trainer all over again, the most respectful of doing that is just recycle the Pokemon Change special for both Toxtricity or Urshifu evolutions.
unless they promote an evolution or exclusive ability, no way in hell they'll bend that source material over withdrawing pokemon, lol.

Top Bottom