• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
The way I see it, either all of it's real or non of it
I dunno. What if the leaker actually had some legit information (the stages and modes) but decided to add some fake info (the characters) just to troll people? Some of the ESRB leakers have also done that. Honestly I can really see that happening. But let's just hope that our leaker is a good guy. If all this ends up being true than Sakurai succeeded in creating the best character game in the world, just like he said he would.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
They are not going to survive due to one single game or 2, they gotta keep building more hype to the console and rising the sales to a point that it can really be at a steady rate.
...Have you seen the 2015 lineup? Wii U's looking really good next year. Smash kicking it off is a great way to start it too.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I dunno. What if the leaker actually had some legit information (the stages and modes) but decided to add some fake info (the characters) just to troll people? Some of the ESRB leakers have also done that. Honestly I can really see that happening. But let's just hope that our leaker is a good guy. If all this ends up being true than Sakurai succeeded in creating the best character game in the world, just like he said he would.
The thing with the ESRB leak is that the fake DLC info was released later, I doubt this guy would intentionally ruin his credibility right off the bat

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I think the Wii U will sell extremely well simply because of what this Smash is offering to us. xD
Sakurai saves Nintendo...

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Mario Kart 8 is WAY too recent. I would be AMAZED if we even got a song from that game.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I can't see it being from 3D World, but I agree that I would much prefer it not be NES Bowser's Castle. A couple of retro tracks are cool, but SSB3DS feels loaded with them, and honestly I'd rather see creative modern-style graphics versions of them (like Hyrule Temple!) as opposed to what we've been getting. =/
The reason I think it could be from 3D World is because it's about as old as Sonic Lost World, which got a state in the game. But I suppose it could be from anything :nervous:

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
...Have you seen the 2015 lineup? Wii U's looking really good next year. Smash kicking it off is a great way to start it too.
i know, i was just replying to the other guy who thought that just with one game the wii u was gonna survive, i already know about the others coming up, which is what i meant to say to him

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I guess my main problem with the leak is, that if it's true, this game has less main modes than brawl. The only differences is that Brawl has SSE and event matches while WiiU has Tower of Smash. I can get behind replacing event matches with this, but at least have one other thing to compensate, some multiplayer mode or something. Maybe there will be more, who knows. Maybe its wrong and we get more content than it says here.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Came across this supposed leak, And it lines up with this one due to the tourian stage, though it could easily be fake
http://ssb4dojo.com/post/98467541939/rumor-mill-bandana-dee-and-ridley-trailers
I remember this coming up before, actually. I don't buy it myself (any trailer with "X [verb]s into battle!" as their intro quote is probably fake, as I understand), but I'd honestly be shocked and astounded if these two characters aren't in the game somehow or another. They're both extremely popular and it'd be a great source of hype if these fan favourites made their grand debut.

I highly doubt the "leak", but I'm supporting the characters and I definitely believe Tower of Smash is a distinct possibility.

Last edited:

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
It very well could be.. But I actually find both of those very realistic, trailer wise. The Ridley one maybe a bit less so. But I digress. It'd be awesome.

I wonder if the secret newcomers we already have will get trailers...
If Sakurai releases them 3 at a time, then we have Dark Pit and Dr. Mario coming up soon.

Also, I'm severely doubting the Bandana Dee one since Bandana Dee doesn't line up with Tower of Smash and the Neogaf post. Sounds cool, though. It might just be riding the coattails of Tower of Smash with Tourian.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
It very well could be.. But I actually find both of those very realistic, trailer wise. The Ridley one maybe a bit less so. But I digress. It'd be awesome.

I wonder if the secret newcomers we already have will get trailers...
That's the real question here, will the new characters be totally secret from now on or are we getting any new trailers? I would only hope if we get a new direct any time soon, if we don't maybe they will be totally secret untill release...

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
That's the real question here, will the new characters be totally secret from now on or are we getting any new trailers? I would only hope if we get a new direct any time soon, if we don't maybe they will be totally secret untill release...
I imagine they will be revealed prior to release to help market the WiiU version.

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
this leak is begining to look a tad bit more real now. lucky guesses? i dont know, thats a whole lot of stages in a row.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
WHAT??? Is not dead??? HOW??? HOW HE PREDICT SMASHVILLE RETURNING??? AND ONETT???
AND HOW HE REVIVED, When leak die, there gone. buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut Tower Smash leak Strike Back!!!

Rocksmasha

Smash Cadet
Ok... this just got a whole lot more... interesting and gained a bit of credibility

TheRealLegit StevenSeagal

Smash Apprentice
if this is true, then despite me being pissed that K rool can't even be Dlc, i will still see this as the best roster of characters and stages. bramble blast, mt dedede, endles ocean, magicant, bowser's castle... damn it it's too good to be true.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
"It zooms out between the 3 fighters, and it shows that Ridley is considerably larger than the other two. Out of nowhere, a bunch of Mario Mushrooms fall out of the sky shrinking Ridley down immensely. Right after that, Ridley screeches and it shows his tagline: “Ridley Sizes Up for Battle!”"

Ahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Came across this supposed leak, And it lines up with this one due to the tourian stage, though it could easily be fake

So far i noticed some a couple of things:
• He mentions a mountain with Dedede's castle, and the wii u stage roster leaker mentions Mr DeDeDe.
• He mentions Tourian, which is mentioned in the wii u stage roster leak as well.

Now....according to when sbb4dojo posted these leaks on their page:
Wii u Stages rumor - sep 21
Trailers rumor - sep 26

The trailers rumor could have been a troll that took the ideas of some of the stages mentioned in the wii u stages list rumor and wrote all that, oooooooor maybe he is telling the truth....

In any way, unless these 2 stages gets confirmed, we can't say it adds any credibility nor believe anything about it just yet. If they get confirmed in the next weeks...well....then we will be able to get really hyped about it. But for now, we can't.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
I'm still leaning towards NOT true, but Smashville is a pretty interesting stage to get correct.
Until we see some really off-the wall stage like Endless Ocean or something, I'm saying it's fake. I'd love it to be real, but so far I'm thinking these were just some lucky guesses.

Also, if Tower of Smash is indeed the Wii U's answer to Smash Run, Sakurai will probably want to start talking about it soon, right? Whatever exclusive modes the Wii U has are going to start getting talked about any time now. I'm guessing this leak will be confirmed or debunked within the next few weeks.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I'm still leaning towards NOT true, but Smashville is a pretty interesting stage to get correct.
Until we see some really off-the wall stage like Endless Ocean or something, I'm saying it's fake. I'd love it to be real, but so far I'm thinking these were just some lucky guesses.

Also, if Tower of Smash is indeed the Wii U's answer to Smash Run, Sakurai will probably want to start talking about it soon, right? Whatever exclusive modes the Wii U has are going to start getting talked about any time now. I'm guessing this leak will be confirmed or debunked within the next few weeks.
I do find it incredibly weird if is just a coincidence, I mean the last 3 stages have all been correct

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I do find it incredibly weird that if is just a coincidence, I mean the last 3 stages have all been correct
Occam's Razor comes into effect here, methinks. Is it more or less likely that the leaker just guessed those stages and happened to get them right?

I reckon we ought to keep an eye on any PotD's that feature what could potentially be bosses. We know that that's a major aspect of the Tower of Smash mode and thus far we've only seen a small handful of what could be bosses - perhaps Sakurai is keeping the boss-related cards close to his chest until he's ready to reveal Tower of Smash overall?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Occam's Razor comes into effect here, methinks. Is it more or less likely that the leaker just guessed those stages and happened to get them right?

I reckon we ought to keep an eye on any PotD's that feature what could potentially be bosses. We know that that's a major aspect of the Tower of Smash mode and thus far we've only seen a small handful of what could be bosses - perhaps Sakurai is keeping the boss-related cards close to his chest until he's ready to reveal Tower of Smash overall?
Other than the yellow devil and Master core, does the 3DS version even have any bosses?

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Other than the yellow devil and Master core, does the 3DS version even have any bosses?
Yellow Devil, Master Hand, Crazy Hand and Master Core. The likes of Twinrova and Reshiram / Zekrom appear in their own respective stages, but they can't be interacted with, ergo they're just enemy hazards.

That's a suspicious lack of what has otherwise been teased as an important aspect of the game. We know nothing about Metal Face's role in the game and there's the whole question of Ridley. Let's just presume for a moment that they aren't bosses, either - why bother going to the trouble of introducing a cool new feature like interactive boss battles, teasing it, including a similar feature in Smash Run and then not doing anything more with it?

I think there's a lot more to this than meets the eye. Tower of Smash would be a great means of showing off their boss battle feature and would explain why we've seen and heard so little of the feature up to this point.

All suggestions to the contrary, Sakurai isn't a fool. He's more than likely aware of leaks like this and is choosing his next moves with the utmost care and deliberation - how we choose to react beyond that is up to us, and I'd say vigilance is most certainly called for right now.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
While its details line up with the Tower of Smash leak, fake leaks always crib info from whatever the most popular leak is. If this leak and the Tower of Smash one are both true, there are apparently now six Wii U locked characters, which seems like overkill. The thing about Ridley getting pelted with Poison Mushrooms is a little much and I've also always found Bandana Dee to be a plausible but relatively unlikely character that leaks seems to include when they want to appeal to fans. The "blue kirby shaped character with horns" is obviously supposed to be Magalor and the "four headed orange dragon" mentioned as Waddle Dee's final smash is obviously Landia. Both are antagonists from Return to Dreamland, and it took me five minutes to find out their names online, which makes the leaker's vague descriptions in lieu of names seem like he's just trying very hard to make it sound like "I'm just a working stiff for the company that distributes these games, but it's not like I know their character's names, I'm not a nerd". Also the whole "I don't want to reveal my sources, but here's the name of where I work and how I came across this footage" bit seems a bit suspect. I'm assuming fake.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest

I think he will start talking about WiiU exclusive stuff once he's finished officially confirming all of the hidden characters, as there is very little to talk about further in regards to the 3ds version.

Davis-Lightheart

Smash Journeyman
I feel Sakurai will get into the Wii U version after the 3Ds has run for two weeks. That seems like a reasonable time for the 3DS version to make its rounds.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I feel Sakurai will get into the Wii U version after the 3Ds has run for two weeks. That seems like a reasonable time for the 3DS version to make its rounds.
I hope so, or one week maybe. They would want to get us interested in the wii u version before we get too used tot he 3ds version, they shouldn't hold it for too long.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I think they'll start revealing new stuff in 3 weeks, there's 8 characters left unannounced and they could announce 3 every week (2 in one)

They would go in order of how you unlock them. First Ness, Falco and Wario. Then Dark Pit, Doctor Mario and R.O.B. Then Game & Watch, Ganondorf and Bowser Junior and finally Duck Hunt and Jigglypuff.

Then the following week we'd have a second smash direct where Tower of smash along with a few other wii u modes and features will be revealed along with one of the newcomers, Maybe chorus kids cause they rep a new series or Ridley or Mewtwo cause HYPE!!!

With the month leading up to release the rest of them will be announced.

Here's basically a summary of what could happen

October 10th - Dark Pit, Doctor Mario and R.O.B
October 17th - Game & Watch, Ganondorf and Bowser Jr
October 24th - Duck Hunt and Jigglypuff
October 31st - Smash Direct with Tower of Smash and a Newcomer (Ridley)
November 7th - Another Newcomer (Dixie/Impa)
November 14th - Another (Dixie/Impa)
November 21st - Another on day of release (Mewtwo)

And in the same way the newcomers had the little red newcomer banner on the site, they'd have one that says transferable

This may seem like a lot in the span of a few weeks but y'know, Hype! And since all the characters are all avalible from the start there's no real point in trying to keep them secret

Also we'd be missing a character but they could always be revealed later

I know I shouldn't try to predict Sakurai but I just can't help myself

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Tower of Smash, do your stuff! I seriously can't wait to see how stunning Forest Haven and Endless Ocean look since they seem the most interesting of the new stages.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
The order will be by the number of VS matches required to unlock them. That's how it was for Brawl, and that's the pattern so far.

Ness/Falco/Wario
Lucina was already revealed
Dark Pit/Dr. Mario/ROB (Possible reveal trailer for Doc)
Ganondorf/G&W/Bowser Jr. (Probable reveal trailer for Jr.)
Duck Hunt/Jigglypuff (Probable reveal trailer for Duck Hunt)
Some time passes....
(Other characters maybe?)

And of course, since we've only had one set of revealed secret characters, there's not much of a basis for how often it will occur.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
The order will be by the number of VS matches required to unlock them. That's how it was for Brawl, and that's the pattern so far.

Ness/Falco/Wario
Lucina was already revealed
Dark Pit/Dr. Mario/ROB (Possible reveal trailer for Doc)
Ganondorf/G&W/Bowser Jr. (Probable reveal trailer for Jr.)
Duck Hunt/Jigglypuff (Probable reveal trailer for Duck Hunt)
Some time passes....
(Other characters maybe?)

And of course, since we've only had one set of revealed secret characters, there's not much of a basis for how often it will occur.
With Sakurai, patterns don't even matter lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom