• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TourneyPlay WCR - Feb 7th and 8th 2009

Zodiac

Smash Master
All right oregonians, start calling spots in the carpool. I have three spots open at the moment.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
LOL I may have been stickied and had just fallen off my List... *shrug*
We needs more people to this though!
I want to break well over 100, 200 would be even better so that we have a HUGE prize pool and a good set up for the June one with sponsors.

CSBrokaw

Smash Cadet
Shoot...haven't heard about TourneyPlay since almost two years ago! It'd be nice to go again, get whooped (in Brawl this time), and have fun. Just gotta hope for the best with my folks.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Both
If we get 80++ people we will pool for seeding and to get to bracket of 64 or something... Havent decided on what # = Pools and how big the bracket will be.
We will see how many ppl are signed up a week or so before the event.

All I know is we need HELLZA MORE PPL!!!
This thing HAS TO BREAK 80!!! and really 100++

thespymachine

Smash Ace
Alright. I see.
I'm guessing like 8 pools would be good. It would make seeding easier with a 64 man bracket, but not necessarily help with time.

I'm talking to all of Idaho right now, and see who would be willing to come, and who needs rides n such.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
80 People signing up for the "Whole **** Thing" means OVER $2000 in Prizes (and I think cloder to like $2750)

On Board with TourneyPlay is Gimpyfish62 now for match commentary along with Raging Rick Rohins providing colour commentary in a way only Rohins can. We will broadcast key matchs and do some live interviews also.

Here is how I see this going down:
Feb - about 80ish people and over $2000 paid out
June - 150-200 people and over $7000 paid out
Oct - 150-200 people (would like 300 but Oct will be hard to do that) and over $9000 paid out with sponsors helping

GET ON BOARD WITH TOURNEYPLAY NOW
www.TourneyPlay.net
and see us on AiB also

By 2010 TourneyPlay will be the source for tournaments in the PNW and maybe even NorCal.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
JUST ANNOUNCED (well a few days ago on AiB, forgot to put it here)
Gimpyfish will be doing play by play announcing of key matches and interviews with top places...all of it streamed from the venue LIVE!!!

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
JUST ANNOUNCED (well a few days ago on AiB, forgot to put it here)
Gimpyfish will be doing play by play announcing of key matches and interviews with top places...all of it streamed from the venue LIVE!!!
haha im black so u have to interview me lol. lets get it lol.

Top Bottom