• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourney vids(Updated 5/18/09)

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: So are we supposed to rate these or just make fun of you? :D

Just kidding.

>_>

But yeah, looks like you need to find a way around golden swords. Ike forward smash and Meta Knight downsmash handled you pretty hard. Good stuff though, you're still pretty good.

That Yoshi should have won, though.

Anther

Smash Champion
Dunno, Skullbash is kinda amazing. On stages without definite edges, if you hold down, you'll go through the stage and basically have a skull death attack flying through. Or even ones with edges, you'll bypass the auto-sweetspot and slide over it.

Good to see ya still repping the Pika PikaPika <3.

Manu

Smash Cadet
Nice vids, a lot more love for the bair then I'm used to seeing. One instance that was lethal but for the most part you are definately using all of pikachu's attacks.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I pretty sure that Pikachu can chain grab Ike with f.throw. Other than that, awesome Pikapoo.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Good stuff man. I loved it when you three stocked that dude on Battle Field.

Those guys in the background were hilarious.

Spyckie

Smash Apprentice
wow, nice pika :p its very good - you're solid on what to do when, and you have good control of pikachu (nice QACs...)

I like your battles with snake - good job getting in his face and still owning him.

5ive

Smash Champion
Nice Pika. I like how the people in the background were talking about Anther at one point.

Popertop

Smash Champion
I noticed you have a habit of doing sh nairs and fastfalling them.
You got punished for that a couple times due to the lag of the fastfalled nair. Bad habit.
For mid percents I think it's safer to go for Uair > Uair instead of Uair > Nair or just Nair.
THe Uair has less lag and autocancels from a short hop, so you can go into some tilts or a dsmash after it if you like. When you spammed the nair during mid percents it didn't kill snake sometimes when it should have cause it was weaker.
You missed some gimp opportunities where you could have grabbed his cypher.
Your bairs left you very open and almost every time you were punished for it.
I think Full hop bair is safe, not sure but at the very least it's much safer than a short hopped one.

Good thunder kills, and nice job on that 3 stock.

Edit: Just watched the second set. Nice job.
You seem a lot more comfortable against Meta and Marth than you do Snake.
I think Uthrow and Dthrow combo into Utilt, which can go into more Utilts, or Uairs, or Usmash.
Amazing Nair kill at the beginning of the marth match.

PikaPika!

Smash Ace
I noticed you have a habit of doing sh nairs and fastfalling them.
You got punished for that a couple times due to the lag of the fastfalled nair. Bad habit.
For mid percents I think it's safer to go for Uair > Uair instead of Uair > Nair or just Nair.
THe Uair has less lag and autocancels from a short hop, so you can go into some tilts or a dsmash after it if you like. When you spammed the nair during mid percents it didn't kill snake sometimes when it should have cause it was weaker.
You missed some gimp opportunities where you could have grabbed his cypher.
Your bairs left you very open and almost every time you were punished for it.
I think Full hop bair is safe, not sure but at the very least it's much safer than a short hopped one.

Good thunder kills, and nice job on that 3 stock.

Edit: Just watched the second set. Nice job.
You seem a lot more comfortable against Meta and Marth than you do Snake.
I think Uthrow and Dthrow combo into Utilt, which can go into more Utilts, or Uairs, or Usmash.
Amazing Nair kill at the beginning of the marth match.

Thanks for the advice, ill look into some of your suggestions.

Top Bottom