• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

- Tourney Preference Vote -

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Amidst all our discussions for having our next tourney, to simplify things I've decided on making this quick preference poll. Our current set of tourney ideas is as follows:

Ubers Tourney - Selfexplanatory; only Pokemon from the Uber Tier are allowed.
Little Cup Tourney - Also selfexplanatory; only Little Cup Pokemon will be allowed.
Arceus-Only Tourney - Alpha Pokemon exclusive, each Arceus will forced to have a different set / plate to avoid overcentralization.
Style Tourney - Victors of battles aren't necessarily selected by scores. There'll be a panel of judges watching.
Crystal Tourney - Only Pokemon from Generations I and II. Only moves from Generations I and II.
Item Tourney - Typical OU Tourney where each round a new item becomes a central part of your team. However the concept isn't specifically limited to one item per round.
Random Tourney - Random Tourney is random. Your team will be setup by RNG beforehand.

Now in this preference poll, you will list every tourney that you would be interested in participating in. If you don't like a tourney idea, you do not include it in your vote. If you like have a typical vote (more than 1 tourney) you must compile your list with your preferences; starting from top to bottom. So pretend Writer likes all the ideas except the Style and Item Tourney, and really wants the Random and Ubers Tourney, his vote would look something like this:
Writer said:
Ubers Tourney
Random Tourney
Crystal Tourney
Little Cup Tourney
Arceus-Only Tourney
Please keep your posts simple - only have the list of tourneys you prefer and no other substance. This will make it easier to tally up all the votes.

The point system - each top preference will get 7 points, with every subsequent "preference" gaining a lower score by one point. In Writer's case, Ubers would get 7, Random 6, Crystal 5, and so on.

-Terywj

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Random Tournament
Style Tournament
Ubers Tournament
Little Cup Tournament
Item Tournament

Also, the item tournament concept isn't specifically limited to one item per round. You could specify that one Pokemon must have a choice item, one must have leftovers, and one must have an elemental plate or something like that as well.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Little Cup Tourney
Arceus-Only Tourney
Ubers Tourney

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Just a heads-up ~ Since there won't be a set time frame for this preference voting I'll basically wait until I see that most of the regulars have voiced their preferences in this thread.

In the meantime, sit back and hang tight. We might need more than one poll.

-Terywj

Moozle

Smash Champion
Crystal Tourney
Random Tourney (Writer's version of random tourney, where the pokemon are picked by a RNG and then you have to make a team).

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Arceus-Only Tourney
Style Tourney
Little Cup Tourney
Random Tourney

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Alright. I'm going to give this another hour or so before closing and moving onto what seems to be a second poll. Don't worry, all in good time.

-Terywj

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Voting will now be closed.

VOTES
[ 61 ] Random Tourney - 7+6+7+4+6+7+3+6+6+5+4
[ 61 ] Little Cup Tourney - 4+5+7+6+6+7+7+7+7+5
[ 53 ] Arceus-Only Tourney - 7+5+4+6+7+5+6+6+7
[ 49 ] Crystal Tourney - 4+7+6+5+6+7+7+7
[ 45 ] Style Tourney - 7+6+5+6+4+4+7+6
[ 41 ] Ubers Tourney - 6+5+5+4+7+5+3+6
[ 20 ] Item Tourney - 3+5+7+5

We will be polling on the Random, Little Cup, and Arceus-Only Tournament ideas.
Crystal Tourney came close, but needed the 50-point cutoff in order to be added.

Requesting a close, please.

-Terywj

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I don't either, and I even happen to have an Arceus set I always wanted to test. So that's REALLY saying something.

I'd still play in it, but that's just because I like tournaments too much to decline the option of playing in one. I certainly won't be taking it as seriously as the the other ones though.

...unless you didn't approve of any of those three tournaments, in which case I disagree. Random and LC would be hella fun. :3

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Well Writer, you got my VM, so if you could let's get this done ASAP. Don't worry. I'll work really hard to ensure that the flow of tournaments moves nicely and that they won't all be screwups like mine was activity-wise.

Please refrain from posting anymore in this thread, though.

-Terywj

Top Bottom