• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourney Locator Moves Project M Content To New Stream

jtm94

Smash Lord
Instead of seeking sub why don't they seek donations which are twice as useful? Is it due to inconsistencies?

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Do we know for sure why they are doing this? And if it will be a bad decision?

Because I have no stance either way and don't want to jump to a conclusion.
Well on /r/ssbpm Infinity said he was giving us the whole story, but the post was vague and he just pointed to the OP when people wanted him to elaborate.

So to me I don't see how moving a massive source of views to a channel w/o a sub button is good business for Tloc and there is zero confirmed collaborators, so that seems to not be the benefit.

To me it seems that Tloc is protecting itself from something. It hasn't been proven to be positive and the lack of clarity is a bad sign. I want official confirmation of what is happening in its entirety too, but in the past Apex and VGBC have been silent. This is why I asked based KhanYe to see if he could get an interview.

TL;DR at this point we only know the negatives. It seems like Tloc disassociating from PM. The lack of answers is the maddening part.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I fell for that title too hard.

This is pretty ideal though. Good on them.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well on /r/ssbpm Infinity said he was giving us the whole story, but the post was vague and he just pointed to the OP when people wanted him to elaborate.

So to me I don't see how moving a massive source of views to a channel w/o a sub button is good business for Tloc and there is zero confirmed collaborators, so that seems to not be the benefit.

To me it seems that Tloc is protecting itself from something. It hasn't been proven to be positive and the lack of clarity is a bad sign. I want official confirmation of what is happening in its entirety too, but in the past Apex and VGBC have been silent. This is why I asked based KhanYe to see if he could get an interview.

TL;DR at this point we only know the negatives. It seems like Tloc disassociating from PM. The lack of answers is the maddening part.
Ok this helps me out a lot better but still doesn't give me an answer outside of people raising pitchforks. Is it nintendo? Twitch? Someone? Illuminati? I don't know.

I'd like to see more shed to light on the why part. That much I can say needs to be done.

Too much hush hush going on.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I almost thought Tourney Locator was going to pull a VGBootCamp on Project M. Then I clicked on the article and read through it all.

At least they decided to make a dedicated stream for the mod. Giving PM it's own stream will be nice rather than straight out abandoning it.

Last edited:

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
Wow tourney locater trolled so hard when they begged for subscribers during project M aftershock. GG

D

Deleted member

Competitive smash will die in the next 5 years, unless by some miraculous chance something will save it, melee is only so deep, and smash 4's problem isn't that it's unbalanced or slow, it's that smash 4 is about as deep as a paddling pool, it's players keep crying for patches and can't even decide on a consistent rule-set. With project M seemingly on death row due to Nintendo killing it off, I seriously fear for the future of smash...
This post is more sensational than the title of this article.

This kind of worrying really is nonsensical, no offense.

Last edited by a moderator:

shapular

Smash Ace
I really don't get why they have to move the PM content to a different channel. Don't they just make it more complicated for themselves to have multiple channels? Also, Aftershock should have been a good reminder of how many viewers PM gets, so it doesn't make any sense to just move their PM content over to somewhere else.
PM at Aftershock got about as many viewers as Smash 4 at Xanadu gets every week.

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Mashpotato Sakurai loves/hates his creation; knows we dont intend to make profit, harm, or theft of intellectual property by any means; I just wish so many things would stop keeping PM down. I like Melee but P:M feels so fresh and it can change and have things added to it and in spectacular fashion. Even he knows the PMDT/PMBR do a great job, I just wish he'd do what he knows he wants to and tell Nintendo (assumed) to leave his baby alone and let it just be enjoyed the way he knows it is.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Mashpotato Sakurai loves/hates his creation; knows we dont intend to make profit, harm, or theft of intellectual property by any means; I just wish so many things would stop keeping PM down. I like Melee but P:M feels so fresh and it can change and have things added to it and in spectacular fashion. Even he knows the PMDT/PMBR do a great job, I just wish he'd do what he knows he wants to and tell Nintendo (assumed) to leave his baby alone and let it just be enjoyed the way he knows it is.
I doubt Sakurai himself is heading the shut down, if that is happening at all.

Nintendo of Japan more likely.

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
I doubt Sakurai himself is heading the shut down, if that is happening at all.

Nintendo of Japan more likely.
without a doubt, I know he wants to put his foot down to them but it's such a complicated scenario regardless of either's viewpoint towards it. I just hate to see things get further and further underground when it's such a great smash variant.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Ok this helps me out a lot better but still doesn't give me an answer outside of people raising pitchforks. Is it nintendo? Twitch? Someone? Illuminati? I don't know.

I'd like to see more shed to light on the why part. That much I can say needs to be done.

Too much hush hush going on.
Yeah, it really sucks.
I think people's anger is mostly warranted, because we won't ever get answers if there is no public outcry.

ilysm

sleepy
Happy to read the news, but I think the title might be better served as something like 'Tourney Locator to Move Project M Content to New channel' or 'Tourney Locator to Centralize Project M Content', this is a bit sensationalist. ^_^

SuaveChaser

Smash Journeyman
I hope this turns out well sick of the bad news for PM the game is too hype.

InfamousLuffy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Proj3ctMam0
3DS FC
4570-8693-6006
Damn it first it was VGBootCamp now freaking TLOC? Hell nah.

Edit 2: New Channel HYPE!

Last edited:

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
News posts like this is why people should read the article, not read the first part of the title and claim PM is dead (Not here, but my FB friends). I'm excited to see what comes of this.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
At least the click-bait tactic is proving effective. :smirk:
How? At what? Wasting the time of people who are already on Smashboards? It's only click-bait if you're trying to get your link clicked for ad revenue... and Smashboard's front page isn't exactly widely advertised. The people who are here want to be here.

I think misleading titles are a slimeball thing, personally. Stop it. Hardly the first time I've seen this take place on the front page.

Masked Marill

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3926-6935-1624
There is of it really isn't related to the article.

Article about a new stream just for project M.

Talks about how smash 4 sucks and smash will die.

I don't see the connection and see it as more harm than good in this case.
1) Even if my comment has nothing to with this article does that not give me the right to say it? If I had have just said something random you probably wouldn't have batted an eye.
2) I never said smash 4 sucks, I love smash 4, I love all smash games, but I'm not gonna pretend that everything's great, most of smash 4's problems are as a result of it's players, not the game itself.
The Problem about it's depth is due to the game being stripped of pretty much anything interesting, and crying for patches isn't going to help.

Are you baiting? It's hard to tell.
(sigh) I just say something that I think needs to be said,and I just get people labelling me as a troll, wow, I know this article isn't the best place to comment about this, but I guess I just wanted to say it sooner rather than later. It pisses me off that everyone is just leaving project M to die, and as much as I am grateful for things like project M central for trying to fix that, I worry that it won't be enough.

Don't fall for the bait. I have the feeling the trollbait will only turn this into a debate, or at least attempt to.
I don't want to debate, I just want to put my opinion out, it's you guys that are making way to much of a deal out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
(sigh) I just say something that I think needs to be said,and I just get people labelling me as a troll, wow, I know this article isn't the best place to comment about this, but I guess I just wanted to say it sooner rather than later. It pisses me off that everyone is just leaving project M to die, and as much as I am grateful for things like project M central for trying to fix that, I worry that it won't be enough.
I apologize if I came off as though I was trying to label you earlier, I was being far too pessimistic. I just didn't understand at first, but I can see your perspective now, and I agree with you.
Again, sorry for the misinterpretation.

Masked Marill

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3926-6935-1624
This is a negative thing for PM.
He is putting all his stock for Smash's competitive future in PM, therefore if PM keeps getting held down it will destroy comp Smash's future.
Ryu pls.Classic mod baits into instant ban punish.
PMDT remove jank pls.
Wouldn't say I'm putting all my faith into project M, but I do feel like fan made projects are the future for smash, unless the creator of the next smash game would like to support the competitive community, but I feel like that's to much of a gamble. We don't need wavedashing etc. back, we just need something more than just a bare-bones smash game (which is essentially what smash 4 is).

Masked Marill

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3926-6935-1624
This post is more sensational than the title of this article.

This kind of worrying really is nonsensical, no offense.
Meh no offence taken, I find it more comedic how everyone is reacting to my comment rather than the comment itself, I would like people to put more thought into the future of smash though, and what we'll do when melee inevitably dies. What will we do then? it's not a nice question to ask, but it's something I feel we need to think more about, as opposed to just crossing our fingers and hoping for the best.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
This title is really bad lol.

Tourney Locator, the organization, will continue to host PM events and stream them. They're just moving their PM streams to projectmcentral. Idk how I feel about that yet, but the title is really misleading.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
yeah, this title is just playing on the "PM could be attacked by Nintendo" paranoia.

it's also convenient that it was labeled as such right after Nintendo shut down the Mario 64 HD fangame as well.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Don't fall for the bait. I have the feeling the trollbait will only turn this into a debate, or at least attempt to.
Don't you mean a....DEBAIT? :D

In all seriousness, though, I'm not worried about the Melee scene. They've been going for almost a decade and a half, and unless more stuff like pm comes around it's dubious whether we'll be seeing it die any time soon.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
This title is really bad lol.

Tourney Locator, the organization, will continue to host PM events and stream them. They're just moving their PM streams to projectmcentral. Idk how I feel about that yet, but the title is really misleading.
Is it possible to get it changed.... you know.. to make sure no fires start?

Top Bottom