• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| Tournament Results & Character Rankings 2012 - The show must go on! |

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I still need the # of entrants and the entry fee for singles to count BiN results.

:059:

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Didn't Tay also use Marth or something?

Or did I just watch friendlies?

Payouts, btw:
1: Mr.R (148,00 €)
2: cyve (82,50 €)
3: quiKsilver (49,50 €)
4: PuRple~H (33 €)
5: Tasty (8,25 €)
5: iStudying (8,25 €)

Results thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=321167

WOW I see you Keitaro! Better make a blog about this one on AiB too.

EDIT: 6€ entry fee and 55 entrants.
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
Salty Runbacks 1, 15th April 2012, Croydon, England.
£3 entry, 18 entrants

1: Cong: :metaknight:/:diddy: (£32.40)
2: Loz8Ichimaru: :pit: (£16.20)
3: Luigimitsu: :warioc:/:diddy: (£5.40)
4: Feather: :olimar:/:metaknight:
5: GP: :ike:/:rob:
5: Sinth: :snake:
7: TC: :lucas:
7: XIII: :marth:

9: Esca: :falco:
9: Sol64: :rob:/:pikachu2:/:wolf:
9: Alpha Dash: :rob:/:gw:
9: Legacy: :falco:/:pit:
13: Stereo: :snake:
13: Blizz: :fox:/:lucario:
13: Nathan: ???
13: Sahan: :marth:
17: Miju: :kirby2:
17: Mecha: :fox:

This was actually the biggest brawl tournament in the UK since January, should be a bi-weekly with number of entrants expected to pick up in future events (this was the first of the series, venue was impressive and such).
Out of interest what's the minimum number of entrants required to post results here?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'm guessing because of that Kid Icarus game a lot players are interested in Pit. He's not a bad character either.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I'm guessing because of that Kid Icarus game a lot players are interested in Pit.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL best reason ever XD
I just think people kinda "slept" on him, and while trying out many (good) charas, most people didnt try pit out so far, so they probably found him now XD idk haha!
But Pit always was a really good and solid char, just top players playing him were missing :/
(Beside some expections, like Japanese Pits, and cyve who sadly didnt go to tournaments until one year ago D: )

Oh and Hype @ Glutonny :D!

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I really hope Glutonny goes there, that would be just so ****in incredible that words cant describe it. Gluto wasnt even on any other european tournament beside the one in France, so yeah, **** just got real when he really flies over to the US xD!

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
wth is up with Pit lately?

Both in Europe and America.
America can give or take be boiled down to just 'Kid Icarus: Uprising'

Though it helps when players like Ally and Vinnie use the character lol.

For europe, usage is the same seemingly, just placings improved.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
All of Pits points come from Cyve winning one tourney and then placing 2nd @BiN. I didn't update the results of the england tourney yet.

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
When you add the UK tournament remember the entry fee is in pounds so it'll need to be multiplied to its euro equivalency.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
[***] Abensberger Smash Spektakulär
Germany, Abensberg
(7€)

Singles: 40 Entrants
1. cyve
(115€)
2. quiKsilver
(70€)
3. Luigi_player
(45€)
4. Eddy
(25€)
5. Cadet
(10€)
5. Snopy
(10€)
7. Bilo

7. ChoZo

9. Tsunayoshi

9. Ravenlord

9. vyQ

9. Kunai

13. .PB.

13. Dueler X

13. Tay

13. Goldenike

17. G-Man

17. Garok

17. AscWolf

17. Clade

17. chri5

17. Yoh

17. Bloody

17. Gheb

25. Oni

25. Slay

25. ChixT

25. stiv64

25. Nek

25. L!ver

25. DBM

25. iSuck

Bracket:

Full Results:
http://forum.germansmash.de/showthread.php?18674-***-Results-Shoutouts

Laem

Smash Champion
I am disappoint, Luigi Spieler. Good **** to Eddy (in your face, Cadet :D). Expected better from Tay, Dueler X and AscWolf really :ace:
Good **** for not getting last Gheb :ace:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Hey man, I never got last unless I forfeit ;_;
And my Snake is actually getting better and I feel like I improved with him a lot over the course of the tourney. Imma try to keep it up and not lose to Cadet anymore though.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
More frequent tournaments, for my own country at least I think not having those anymore caused a large drop in attendance and you're left with the same core people for every event. I don't think Europe as a whole is that free, we have some outlier players and large character diversity, for what that's worth. People like Mr-R, Leon etc. do need to seek out international competition at this point to get better, but like with Melee's metagame, we'll catch up at some point.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Yeah, I hope youre right with that :)!
But in germany we basically have enough tournaments, but not enough Top Level players (players that can keep up with the Top of the Top, even if they still loose).
And tournaments alone arent enough to improve, if there arent enough good players to train with :x
We will see, maybe in one year everything will be different ^^

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Well I don't think America is that strong. A lot of our top players can certainly lose to Europe's top players. Just a couple of American players are really hard to beat (Ally, Mew2King, Esam, Vinnie, Anti, Olimars).

I wish you guys had more top MK and Olimar practice.

Also I think the characters the top players main in Europe hold them back to an extent honestly.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Well I don't think America is that strong. A lot of our top players can certainly lose to Europe's top players. Just a couple of American players are really hard to beat (Ally, Mew2King, Esam, Vinnie, Anti, Olimars).

Also I think the characters the top players main in Europe hold them back to an extent honestly.
aaaand Ice Climbers

Mr-R

Smash Champion

After playing vinnie for 3 days straight, I feel like I could handle allys ic now lmao, the mk's I think I have a pretty good shot against, but esam and the olimars might **** me xD

Top Bottom