• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Location

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Does anyone else think that some Online Tournaments should be held for a single state/area? After all, the connection would be better and allow people to get real tournament practice from Wi-Fi. I know that Wi-Fi is meant to connect the masses, but what if it could encourage real skill and better playstyles as well? There are only five regions to choose from, and they could still save hours worth of driving. I just thought that since I had wanted to go to both IRL and online tournaments, I figured that if it helps players like me to get better in both, without the meaning for long drives, as well as be CONSIDERED by better players, then why not?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
No. Wi-fi. Meaning anyone in the world. If they're in your state, you can go meet them in person for real tournaments. We like having all of North America to find matches, and even Europe.

Also, look for wi-fi players in your region. They're not that hard to find.
Glyph, close this plz.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
No... but i believe regions maybe...

Like having all E.C or all Midwest...

|RK|

Smash Marketer
That's what I said. Besides, it makes the results more viable, and good for those who can't travel.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
No. We don't need regions. That would screw everything up.
It's fine the way it is, please stop posting, Glyph should see this soon, and he'll be here to answer your question, then close it. Either or.

ShinyMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Wi-fi is for the World, not some region, if you want your region, post in the regular tournaments and say this is online if you live in this state.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
No. We don't need regions. That would screw everything up.
It's fine the way it is, please stop posting, Glyph should see this soon, and he'll be here to answer your question, then close it. Either or.
I recall saying SOME tournaments. I figured that if it had less lag, online players would actually be considered...

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I recall saying SOME tournaments. I figured that if it had less lag, online players would actually be considered...
Online tournaments mean nothing, they never have, and they never will.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Okay, then, but doesn't that make those of us who play Wi-Fi and real tournaments fluctuate in skill level on both turfs, and those who just play Wi-Fi get worse period? As for "never will" perhaps if we get connection like Japan, or a possible SSB4. However, a subforum for region wouldn't hurt here either. 'Cause I'm pretty sure those only looking for Wi-Fi tournaments don't purposefully check the normal tournament discussion.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
"Online Tournament Listings (6 Viewing)
Announce, promote and discuss tournaments held over the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection. For discussion pertaining to lag, rulesets and other topics not pertaining to listings, go to Online Discussion."

Inb4lock.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Can someone with the power please move this topic to the Online Discussion? I admit that I did not take note of that when I entered, and thoroughly apologize.

TP

Smash Master
Right now, there are 6 people viewing this board. Regional stuff would always fail due to lack of entrants.

Besides, the lag really isn't that bad if you have a good connection, and long range Wifi CAN help you. The best Ganon, Koskinator, says all of his experience came from Wifi. He lives in Canada, so I doubt his matches are lag-free.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Problem with this idea is that sometimes distance doesn't matter over wifi, you could play someone next door and still get hellish lag.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Aryman... <.<
Why are you being so bossy all of a sudden? You're not a mod, stop acting like you run this forum.

I think this thread presented a reasonable idea (not great, but not OMG CLOSE PLZ bad), I'm surprised so many of you shut it down without a second thought.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Yeah great and all, but this doesn't really belong here.
I don't mind it being discussed, but it should not be here.

Sorry for being bossy. -_-

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Now its moved, so you can all just post whatever.

Top Bottom