• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament @ DeVry (Pomona) Feb 2nd

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Stop fighting people, the important thing is that I ***** Mike Y.

festizzio

Smash Champion
Stop fighting people, the important thing is that I ***** Mike Y.
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE

Oscar thanks SO much for bringing brawl, honestly when I woke up I thought today would be a good day, but I had no idea what I was in store for. ^_^ You rock, man.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Hey guys, I'm too good, I beat Mike Y

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
LOL wow you guys are gay.

Watch that video that glenn put up of the end of my match with JTB. I was calm and cool, while he looked like he was going to have a heart attack. Then he jumps up and starts screaming, like when his parents bought him Pokemon for Christmas.

No worries. I ***** Hugo

edit: LOL and I am looking at JTB's sig, and it *****. Good sh*t. I still **** u in dota

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
This tourney was too fun. Brawl ****ing owns!!!
I stopped caring about the tourney after my match with Lucky just because I wanted to play more Brawl. Brawl was that **** good. I really can't see myself playing Melee much anymore. Brawl has my interest peaked and Melee isn't as fun as it used to be. The UCLA tourney will probably be me final Melee tourney.

P.S. PBody, you should bring your Brawl copy to tourneys like this more often. You could charge people and everyone can have real fun. It's a win-win situation for everybody :)

araknophobik

Smash Master
brawl was interesting, i didn't enjoy it but im thinking maybe cuz im not used to it. i dont see it being competitive at all.

shoutouts before i go to sleep (will prob edit this tomorow when i get a chance)
MikeY: always good to see you man. i finally got to play you in tournament, and we decide not to do the set haha i kinda prefer it that way though, we will always stay 50/50. iono how you can sleep knowing you lost to JTB though =X
JTB: get *****. 15-1 will be replaced by 14-0 to rid myself of that small blemish, it never happened =]
Alex: you muther ****er. i hate ****ing playing you in tournament. its so frustrating makes me hate competing in tournaments because i play you and either you **** me with fox or you camp me with some bull**** character and i know i shouldn't be losing that bad to you its like i get a mental block. *****
DC: its the mutha ****in DC. that was a bull**** *** set, i wasn't surprised that you beat me since you can beat luigi, but i really thought i had a chance of winning the set. I got ****** with the random map, and iono what happened the 2nd game. you're a good player so no shame in losing, but i did take that lose really hard.
neighborhood P: you really do have alot of knowledge of the game, you know what to do but you just can't seem to do it. I wish you woulda been next to me when i played DC for some coaching/tips because im sure incorporating your tips midgame woulda helped me out alot. Also its really wierd that i **** all your characters with peach but have trouble with your fox. good thing i still got sheik =] play me in tournament

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I'm learning how to **** Peach with Marth (thanks Mike Y,you're ****ing good vs Peach and I stole a lot of ****) and i dont mind fighting Sheik with Marth (you Sheiks be playing the matchup wrong), so mm my Marth and Fox with both your mains ^^thatd be dope

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
This tourney was too fun. Brawl ****ing owns!!!
I stopped caring about the tourney after my match with Lucky just because I wanted to play more Brawl. Brawl was that **** good. I really can't see myself playing Melee much anymore. Brawl has my interest peaked and Melee isn't as fun as it used to be. The UCLA tourney will probably be me final Melee tourney.

P.S. PBody, you should bring your Brawl copy to tourneys like this more often. You could charge people and everyone can have real fun. It's a win-win situation for everybody :)
I honestly can't see myself ever getting bored of Melee, no matter how good anyone claims Brawl is. Even if Brawl is really competitive and everything, I might still like Melee more just because it's a classic (kinda like how no matter how good Mario Galaxy or anything after it might be, they will never be better than Super Mario Bros. 3 or Super Mario World). Everything about it is just ridiculously amazing, including all the inescapable combos, the glitches and chaingrabbing, the unfairness of character advantages, the broken stages, and uneven ruleset.

blur

Smash Cadet
loved this tourny, me and my boys first one lol. mike y, it was fun friendling you, even though i got 3 stocked with my marth against yours, then getting 4 stocked with my CF lol. brawl looks gangsta, but im still loving melee more right now

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
I honestly can't see myself ever getting bored of Melee, no matter how good anyone claims Brawl is. Even if Brawl is really competitive and everything, I might still like Melee more just because it's a classic (kinda like how no matter how good Mario Galaxy or anything after it might be, they will never be better than Super Mario Bros. 3 or Super Mario World). Everything about it is just ridiculously amazing, including all the inescapable combos, the glitches and chaingrabbing, the unfairness of character advantages, the broken stages, and uneven ruleset.
I know exactly what you mean. The only thing I still love about competitive Melee is definitely the doubles. That is as fun as ever. And don't get me wrong, Melee is great. It's just that going to tournaments, training to better my tech skill, etc. all feel like a chore now. The fun kinda died out.

Brawl just happened to rekindle my interest in smash. That's all :)
I still have fun with Melee, it's just that playing in competitive tournaments is just boring now.

The Game II

Smash Champion
So I buy a new encoder and it's working alright, and just as I get to the Mike Y vs. JTB match, it decides to crap out. I'm pissed.

I'll have to hold off on the videos again for another day. I'm going to try getting a Mac encoder to do this.

--GCII

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
When are the results going to be posted? -_-

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
They had to been saved. TIO automatically saves results like every 5 minutes -_-

Kiyobi

Smash Rookie
I have NO results for Singles, and the Doubles bracket is incomplete.
This can't be good.

AARON! YOU GOTS SOME 'SPLAININ TA DU!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
WAIT, MIKE LOST TO FABIAN TOO?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I didn't even notice that.

GOOD ****

Top Bottom