• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toughest Matchups? Why?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
G&W. G&W. G&W. and occasionally......G&W. Snappy the turtle aka bair is so powerful.....though SHAD'ing can help to nullify its effects. but the up-b being only punishable by thunder, and then the lagless dair being punishable by only thunder or perfect timing tail moves....... He gives me huge problems. Everyone else i can manage ok. Falco is a distant second, evil cg.

Kallinx

Smash Rookie
Olimar and Squirtle they're too small for me to handle as well as I do everyone else

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
Falco and MK, i hate the CG -.-

And a question, who is actually the best Pikachu player?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Mr. Game and Watch and Metaknight.

GW for his ridiculous priority and he can absorb Thunder and Thunder Jolt, and Metaknight's insane speed

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
falco gets easier once you can duck :D but g&w is pretty tough... although i recently saw a pika beat a gaw pretty well...that was a nice change

one thing gallax, are we just posting the hardest chars. for us here or are we posting opinions or questions? just wondering, like what specifically you have problems with DDD, cuz if its like a DI problem (i.e. they are really good at it), not sure there is much you can do, idk just tryin to get the gist here

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
oh ok, thats cool just wondering I think i would say marth/falco on the same level and then G&W above them for me anyway...although this really good link beat my *** down this weekend :(

gallax

Smash Hero
actually...im gonna start a voting system and rate them for pika. hold on with this for a bit. i have to chagne a few things and then it will be up.

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
Mr. Game and Watch, definitley. That guy's so rigged, it's surprising how underused he is :p.

Other bad matchups for Pikachu (by my experience) have to be Peach, Toon Link, and the StarFox crew.

Olimar's not too hard if you gimp him with your dsmash. Getting him over the edge could be a bit of a hassle, though.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
For some reason Dedede.Can anyone tell me what I have to do kill him.

Ive heard pika has a significant advantage in this match,yet I still have trouble.

ROB also gives me trouble.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Falco, Falco, Wolf, Falco. A bit of Meat Knight or ZSS, but mostly Falco.

Fun fact about Game and Watch: He can't use his bucket to absorb projectiles if it's full.
(Hint: Thunder's fun to use when he can't hit you with Oil Panic)

AzSvFeZ

Smash Lord
My two biggest issues were Donkey Kong and Wario believe it or not...

DK kills at like way low percentages
And wario's Nair stops QACing

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
fezzy I didn't know you liked pika! awesome...but i understand about wario this really good one owned me at the last tourney i went to...never ran across any good Dks but from what i hear he can be good.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I hate kirby too.I dont really have problems against him .......I just really dislike fighting him(since 64 days)

gallax

Smash Hero
i went to this tourney lately and got the **** kicked out of my pika by a player from Puerto Rico and this girl named marion or something like that. i did ok against the girl but the guy from PR beat everyone with his peach.

mateo101

Smash Cadet
peach, lucario, and TL are my most annoying fights.

peach cause she can combo pika so easily * i play a vs really awsome peach o.O so mebe thats y i have trouble with her*

lucario doesnt have any openings in the air and his freaking range is so gay. most of them dodge roll and hes got like no gimp time in his dodge rollz ><

and TL is just super annoying. so much spam. and air atacks hit so hard

datz just my opinion though

Uffe

Smash Hero
To all Pikachu mainers: G&W is a terrible match-up for even G&W himself. :laugh:

Playing as Pikachu, I'd have to say that G&W had to be a terrible match-up for me. Marth is close, but he's not really a threat. I don't main Pikachu or play him on a daily basis. But out of my experience he's a really good character to choose. Both for beginners and experts.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
Just out of curiosity, does any pikachu here find Snake a problem?

therofl

Smash Cadet
pika has a slighy advantage over snake.. but i'd say its a fairly even match up.

my problems are with falco, Mk, and olimar.

surprisingly, i dont have problems with marth or G&W

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Just out of curiosity, does any pikachu here find Snake a problem?
^
You forgot to put a wink in there. =P

On topic:
With Pikachu, ROB.
I just have no idea what to do.

phaMR2

Smash Apprentice
at least for me, its mario/fox/lucario. having thunder either caped or reflected @ you sucks. or just the fact that they sealed an easy way to take a stock. =(

Top Bottom