• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Totally Unexpected Characters?

skyblue

Smash Apprentice
Who has the feeling that Sakurai will introduce a character who practically know one cares for? A character who is completely unexpected? I have a deep feeling that something like this will happen for some reason...

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
We got one: Pokémon Trainer.

If we get 4 or 2 more, I won't be surprised... much.

squall1207

Smash Cadet
yeah we probbly will game & Watch was totally ubexpected so I say an very old totally forgoten nintendo Charater!

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
You mean WTF? characters?

Well, the one I would like to see most is Captain N. Best choice in my book.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
I think we are going to have at least one last one - perhaps the final unlockable character.
Captain N. I have a gut feeling.

skyblue

Smash Apprentice
I mean totally unexpected. Miis aren't exactly unexpected. Captain N would be closer to what I'm talking about. What I'm really talking about is a character whom virtually no one expected. I'm pretty sure Captain N has quite the fanbase...so he's not entirely unexpected.

(BTW, I'm not really talking about WTF? characters either....something more reasonable...)

Yeah, a DS hardware character would be a good example of what I'm talking about.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Captain N doesn't originate from a video game, so he's already out of the running.

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
Well, so far characters that weren't expected to be in Brawl include Snake, Zero Suit Samus and Pokemon Trainer, so we got three already. I'm sure we'll get others, as it seems several expected characters didn't make the cut (Little Mac and Lyn both had really strong followings but are only ATs, for example), which could leave an opening for anotherout-of-the-blue character.

I'm personally hoping for the Uniracer, but that seems a little too unexpected. XD

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
introducing the all new "shy guy" comes in a rainbow of colors. he can:

1.spear your enemies
2.mow your lawn
3.be your best freind
4.sky dive
5.fly
6.walk on stilts
7.play soccer
8.play tennis
9.drive your car
10.or even play golf

order yours now!

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace

1.spear your enemies
2.mow your lawn
3.be your best freind
4.sky dive
5.fly
6.walk on stilts
7.play soccer
8.play tennis
9.drive your car
10.or even play golf

order yours now!
It slices! It dices! It strains pasta, tucks your kids in and cures cancer! Call in the next five minutes and we'll throw in the heat laser eye beams feature for FREE!

As for a WTF character, I say Marina Liteyears. Because I never miss an opportunity to suggest those awesome old cult classics. And half of you guys are probably thinking WTF right now, so there you go. . .

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I got one: Masahiro Sakurai but then again he is the creator so I guess he wouldn't be too unexpected

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Characters for icons 21 and 15 would leave me shocked... for about a minute. Then I'll main them and own nay-sayers.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman

1.spear your enemies
2.mow your lawn
3.be your best freind
4.sky dive
5.fly
6.walk on stilts
7.play soccer
8.play tennis
9.drive your car
10.or even play golf

order yours now!
I want to return mine. He speared my girlfriend. ;-(

Seriously though I'm expecting the unexpected. Been trying to remember a few of the older wierd games I've played... anyone remember a game that had little cavemen who fought off wierd looking creatures and huge dinosaurs? Bubble Bobble would be pretty cool in my book. So would Battletoads and Lost Vikings.

Oh, and Cybernator. God how I loved Cybernator.

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman
Who has the feeling that Sakurai will introduce a character who practically know one cares for? A character who is completely unexpected? I have a deep feeling that something like this will happen for some reason...
I think it might be Zack and Wiki. Ya know....to promote his new game and stuff.

TomSquirrel-Lord

Smash Cadet
The farmer from Harvest moon! (see, no-one thought of that did they :D! )

He'll pitchfork you, trample you with his horse and He'll sickle YOUR grass!!!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The farmer from Harvest moon! (see, no-one thought of that did they :D! )

He'll pitchfork you, trample you with his horse and He'll sickle YOUR grass!!!
When I was young, right after Melee came out, I made a dream roster for the next smash and the Harvest Moon guy WAS on it:chuckle:

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
A lot more people are online and speculating about Brawl than back when Melee was released, quite simply because of the Internet´s growth. Therefore pretty much every character has been touched upon by someone (also see: parrothead´s threads) and therefore getting someone who virtually nobody expected is a lot harder than the last time this happened.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
pichu, nobody would expect the one character most hated in melee to get in. I would be way suprised if he/she was put in, even if he/she was given a new moveset.
if I saw him confirmed with his old moveset, I would be like WTF!! Pichu got confirmed!! :crazy: but then again if he were to get a new moveset (totally different from Pikachu), gained heavyness, not damage himself, then MAYBE he wouldn't be so bad

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
There's one character that I believe could be a surprize and That's...Vivian from Paper mario 2. I just think if paper mario gets a rep it will be her. She was in sakurai's poll and while that may mean nothing I believe different

Top Bottom