• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Total ROB Boards Reformation, Stop Being Lazy *****! First OoB: Designating

So, this all started with me asking Sudai to give me ownership of the Social. He said "you didn't have to ask me AWHAHA! Just make sure to have Queen Eve on the first post", so I took it as a yes. But then I thought, "How do I get it? Do I make a new one?" And so, this brought me to this idea; Total ROB Boards Reformation. Now, I know there've been 2 or three previous attempts at this, but they failed/didn't get done. Hence the "Let's Get This One Done, Dammit!"
A quote from my good friend Jumpman;
"ROB mains don't post unless they see a fancy new thread."
or something along the lines of that
And this is true. So, what we're going to do is remake most of the Stickies and important threads.
But first, the first Order of Buisiness: Designating. I'm going to list roles that people will need to take up in order to make this reinvention a success. The free roles are

-Stage Discusser
This person will be in charge of directing stage discussion. He will make a stage discussion thread, and no more will be made by anyone else. His will be the official threads. Additionally, he can recruit a member to help.

-Matchup Discusser
This person will be in charge of directing matchup discussion. He will make a matchup discussion thread, and no more will be made by anyone else. His will be the official threads. Additionally, he can recruit a member to help.

-General Knowledge
This person will be in charge of making a "Shell Guide". What this means is that he will make a thread that will be a guide to general, not too in-depth knowledge. In his guide, links will be provided that lead to the in-depths. Additionally, he can recruit a member to help.

-QandA
Obvious role is obvious. Since OS never really drops by anymore, a new one will be made. To keep answers correct, the most knowledgable of us will be designated as QandA Leader, and two more people will be Assistants, in the case that the QandA Leader is unable to answer a question for whatever reason.

-Archiver
This person will be in charge of making a video/archive thread. The thread not only will be to see matches of other ROBs and to keep Announcements records, but it will also be a critique thread. Additionally, any videos made to demonstrate General or In-Depth Knowledge will be based here. The guides will provide links to the videos. Concerning the critique, two Critique Leaders will be designated, but everyone will also be able to critique. The Critique Leaders will be the ones who posted most knowledgebly in the original critique thread. The Archiver can also recruit a member to help.

-In Depth Knowledge Overseer
This will probably be the QandA Leader. This person must have extensive knowledge about nearly all of ROB's mechanisms and data. He will oversee the thread and make sure all data given is accurate. However, this thread will be broken down. Two posts will be reserved for each subsection leader.
--AT Leader
A person that specializes in all of ROB's usefull ATs. He will have two posts reserved in the IDK Thread to give detailed information on glidetossing, JCIT, etc. If possible, he will try to explain the mechanics behind ATs. Additionally, he can recruit a member to help.
--Frame Leader
A person that specializes in the frame count of all of ROB's moves and important animations, e.g. crouch, roll, turnaround, etc. He will have two posts reserved to include this data. Additionally, he can recruit a member to help.
--Damage Leader
A person that specializes in the damage given by all of ROB's specials, throws, etc. He will have two posts reserved to give the info. They will have to give damage of moves when fresh-sweetspotted, fresh-sourspotted, decayed-sweetspotted, and decayed-sourspotted. Additionally, he can recruit a member to help.
--Range and Knockback Leader
Seeing as this data is relatively easy to collect, there will be one leader for these two assignments. The measurements will be taken as follows: Final Destination and Stage builder blocks(SBB) for range and knockback, and will be tested on a Mario at 0%. Example: F-Smash has a range of one SBB, and gives knockback equall to 1/4 FD.(This is simply an example to show how the measurements could be presented, the data is not accurate). If wanted, the Damage Leader can also be the RaKB Leader, and vice-versa. Additionally, he can recruit a member to help.

-News, Polls, and Interviews(Announcements)
This person will be in charge of releasing news and conducting interviews and polls. For example, a release of data from the Announcements Leader(as he will be called) would look like this:
"09-12-09: Chibo releases his latest ROB Combo Video! New AT for ROB discovered by soandso! Bi-Weekly poll: what is your favorite pasttime? Interview with Holy!"
He will make a thread called ROB Announcements(or a witty and creative name related to this), and edit the title to include the latest news. After every release of new news, which could be bi-weekly, weekly, monthly, or whatever the Announcements Leader decides, the old news will be put into the News Archive. To discuss the latest news, one would say, for example, "Regarding 09-12-09. . ." then give their opinions and views. That way, we can keep disscusion neat, and won't have to make a separate thread. Additionally, he can recruit a member to help.

-Knowledge Thrower
This person(Sudai) is simply in charge of throwing out knowledge at people. He can recruit someone to be his underling.

-Power Rankings
This person is in charge of updating the ROB Power Rankings every three to four months. This should be relatively easy. I'm not sure how they would want to handle it, but the way I think would have the PR in the OP, and people cast their votes in the same way they comment on Announcements.

-Weekly Character Discussion
This person is in charge of heading WEEKLY character discussions. After the weekly discussion is done, it will be moved to the Matchup Discussion thread for further discussion. Additionally, he can recruit a member to help.

Alright, now that that wall of text is done, here is the list of who has taken which role.

Social Leader(will make and run a new Social)- TRDS/Lasrs
--Social Assistant-

Cosmetics(will make everyhting look nice)- TRDS/Lasrs
--Cosmetics Assistant-

Reformation Overseer(generally oversees the whole shindig)- TRDS/Lasrs
-General Assistant-

Announcements Leader(tentative)- Stingers, TRDS
--Announcements Assistant-

IDK Overseer(tentative)- Stingers, TRDS
--AT Leader- TRDS, Stingers
--Frame Leader- TRDS, Stingers
--Damage Leader- TRDS, Stingers
--RaKB Leader- TRDS, Stingers

Stage Discusser(tentative)- Deadweight, Buenob, TheMike, Stingers
--SD Assistant-

Matchup Discusser(tentative)- Stingers
--MD Assistant-

QandA Leader(tentative)- Stingers, TRDS
--QandA Assistant 1-
--QandA Assistant 2-

Archiver(tentative)- Kid Nino, Stingers, Jumpman
--Assistant Archiver-

General Knowledge Leader(tentative)- Stingers, TRDS, Jumpman
--GK Assistant-

Knowledge Thrower(tentative)- Sudai, Buenob, Stingers
--Assistant KT-

Power Rankings(tentative)- JJVirus, Stingers

Weekly Character Discussion(tentative)- Fishy, Stingers
--WCD Assistant-

Let's make this work, guys!

Notes:
-You can also volunteer for positions. Just make sure you're fit for the job
-Leaders! When choosing your assistants, choose carefully
-Tell me if I missed any roles
-If more than one person volunteers for the same role, then we will take a vote to decide who gets it. Make informed votes
-If someone who has a role isn't as active as needed, then another person will be assigned the role
-If no one volunteers for a role, I will either take it myself or assign it. This can't work with only one person. This is a team effort
-Also, don't tell me I'm taking to much power without consent. I took the initiative, I feel I deserve it

buenob

Smash Lord
i can help with stages and knowledge thrower :)

I'm terrible with actual data though (frame/%'s and such)

Wait, yeah, I meant to put that as a role, JJ. It's either gonna be seperate, or go with Announcements. Thoughts?

TheMike

Smash Lord
I was talking to Dull Razer and he told me that i can make Match-up rediscussion. If u guys allow me to do so, I WILL.

I am responsable, i make most of the Brazilian Backroom projects, so, i have a little of experience xD

And great ideia ^^

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
I was talking to Dull Razer and he told me that i can make Match-up rediscussion. If u guys allow me to do so, I WILL.
Go for it. I was supposed to write a college application essay yesterday night. Instead, I wrote up a four-page, single spaced Word document about winning the ROB ditto. =P

All right, I guess. But I want this to work out, and so I'd like people I trust more/have shown more experience on the Boards to take up roles. But I'll put you down anyways.

/tries to not sound like an a*s

EDIT*Sure thing Fishy. Although that could go with the Matchup Discussion, but OK.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Wait, on AIM, or what? He hasn't been on since the thirtieth. o_O
Via PM about 1 week and a half ago. We also talked about ROB's Social Groups and about pranking him =P

Ok, so i'll go for Stage Discussion, too? =]
Show us Darth Waffles, i would like to see and maybe put some personal stuff ^^

TheMike

Smash Lord
Besides Stage and Match-up discusser, i would like to go for QandA Leader. If possible, fo course and it would also be nice to go for the Weekly Character Discussion =P

thx ^^

Kid Nino

Smash Cadet
All right, I guess. But I want this to work out, and so I'd like people I trust more/have shown more experience on the Boards to take up roles. But I'll put you down anyways.

/tries to not sound like an a*s

EDIT*Sure thing Fishy. Although that could go with the Matchup Discussion, but OK.
Yeah, I tottaly understand. I mean if anyone would like to I'd be more than happy enough with just being the assistant.

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
I'll help out whoever is doing stages. I found out a bunch of stuff that makes ROB really good on New Pork City, It's my cp now unless my opponent bans it. jk but seriously i'll help out with stages lol

Oh God. The Carios were right. My reading skills ARE deteriorating. ;-;

Anyhow, ok. Although I'd feel a lot safer if this was a ROB Boards regulars sorta thing.

I mean, we're gonna do most of the boards.

Or, I could just ask a Mod to hand over ownership to me. Whatever floats your boat.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
But why does anyone need ownership anyways? It's not like we use the first post for anything. We just chat there.

That's what I was talking about. I noticed that the TL, Fox, Snake, Pika, etc. Socials are always changing the topic. I'd be willing to do a daily title change to keep things fresh and active.

Come on guys, don't be lazy. This is gonna be benificial to the Boards. Help out, volunteer, etc.

Top Bottom