• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toronto and Surrounding GTA Pokérankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

WELCOME TO THE GTA POKÉRANKINGS!!!

Mission statement: To rank and reward the players of the GTA and to encourage others to rise to new heights, and to instill a competitive nature within the GTA Smash community.

Let's get right to business.

This is the official Toronto and GTA Pokérankings:

Up and Coming List

The following players were considered for the Pokérankings, and are close in skill to the 10th spot, but just didn't make the cut. Use this list to motivate yourselves and strive to greatness. If you feel you should be mentioned here, and your name was forgotten, please post.

There is no particular order in the respective tiers. These tiers are a possible means to gradually ease into more ranked players, but to keep the U&C List more organized, we felt they helped..

The players were considered with empirical evidence and tournament performance. Use this list as a reference, and to strive to become better and rank.

slevin

Smash Apprentice
K Look Here Theres A Pr And I Challage Andy And Kio For There Up Coming Spot! Bring On The Pain *****s Grmo I Hate You You Didnt Send Me Fu*cking Cookies And Who Else Fu^ck You All Fu*ck Bring On The Pain You Cu*nts

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
I'll tell you this much, some part of me is up and cuming.

No really, consider me i'll try to show you my worth.

coolhat

Smash Journeyman
I really think that some part of me deserves to be on the up and coming list, I think some people could back me up on that. I've been beating alot of good people at recent tourneys (even if it was in friendlys........sometimes in matches). Are these rankings gonna stay through the transition to brawl?

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I hope that it was just that you guys forgot, but it would be extremely insulting if James/Chrno was left out of the Up and comings list since I know he's better than half of them on that list :[. Him > Me

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
LOLLLL YOUR POST > MY POST

Btw, lol I wish you could come to more tournaments. You would probably be high on that list ]:

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
LOLOL Wait, you guys have complaints? I'd like someone to try and point out the nepotism... (without continueing to go on and explain why their friends should be on instead...... the hypocrisy stings my nostrils with some of you guys...)

As far as things go, James not being on the up and comers is the only problem I could think of.
If anyone has any other arguements I'd like to hear them.

Chaotic was ninja editted onto the up and comers. ( I actually wanted him to be on it in the first place, but couldn't remember his nickname for the life of me...)

As far as you Coolhat, I totally thought about you being added, the problem is though, that if we added you there are a handfull of people who deserve it just as much and would also have to be added, and then we'd have this huge "up and comers" list.
You were definetly thought about though.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Good stuffz.

#1 - DVKN. There are too many reasons why you can't be #3. One of them is me. b05 ditto, for 3rd spot. <3

#2:

COOLHAT <---- His weegi is nutz.

I second him being on the up&coming list thingy.

-that is all.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
The Panel was basically NNR and Adnan. I know David's on that list, and I believe he discussed his placing relative to you specifically Nate with Jake but thats about it. The fact the DVKN is as high as he is indicates nepotism.
If this is being done on tournament results, please justify to me how he's that up high. (5th at T8, Didn't attend Trans, Didn't attend C3's, or the Sauga tournament. Placed out of the top spots at Seasons as well. Other players have much better placings.)

Now, I don't mind these being based on more then just tournament placings, but for that to be possible at all the Panel cannot be 4 NNR and Adnan. (IIRC David wasn't really talked to about this and all so he can't count)

Ambrose for much higher.
James for the upcoming.
Coolhat for the upcoming.
Volakso, MM for your spot. 5$, Bo5.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Well besides having and unbeaten record in doubles with Jake, Daniel has beaten many of the other ranked people, (david, gk, etc.)
Not to mention he's the only person other than Jake who's beaten Noah. While he's only lost to other pr people to get his lower placings at tournaments.

You also forgot him placing second at caketown and only losing in the grand finals to Noah.
The only real arguement is between him and Bernard, (which was one of the main discussions we had.... others being Imadh vs David, and JL vs Ambrose).

divine knight

Smash Journeyman
Good stuffz.

#1 - DVKN. There are too many reasons why you can't be #3. One of them is me. b05 ditto, for 3rd spot. <3

#2:

COOLHAT <---- His weegi is nutz.

I second him being on the up&coming list thingy.

-that is all.
The Panel was basically NNR and Adnan. I know David's on that list, and I believe he discussed his placing relative to you specifically Nate with Jake but thats about it. The fact the DVKN is as high as he is indicates nepotism.
If this is being done on tournament results, please justify to me how he's that up high. (5th at T8, Didn't attend Trans, Didn't attend C3's, or the Sauga tournament. Placed out of the top spots at Seasons as well. Other players have much better placings.)

Now, I don't mind these being based on more then just tournament placings, but for that to be possible at all the Panel cannot be 4 NNR and Adnan. (IIRC David wasn't really talked to about this and all so he can't count)

Ambrose for much higher.
James for the upcoming.
Coolhat for the upcoming.
Volakso, MM for your spot. 5$, Bo5.
kkkk coool. wtf is with people and there hating. I wont blame them but i've been ranking well since before most of you got into the scene. The only person that has any permission or right would be raynx (to which this specific interaction should be well noted): Raynx i gladly accept your challenge. And annnnyyyone else who wants to challenge or contend with my spot, I $5 mm you ina bo3 to just prove to any who possess doubt. I have one month of cramming and exams, then suddenly i got all this hate.

Euro, you seem to forget how i **** you in everymatch ive ever faced you. Who else ***** noobs like me>? who else is the king of counter picks? Who else plays peach AND space animals?

Actually. i will individually play every single person on the PR and the upcoming list and show how im better.

Not to fukcing mention all this hate after that fact, even in my month of doing other ****, i made over $50 in MMs and nobody owned up to them by facing me once at the tourneys. Y'all *****es.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Ok, first to DVKN:
I already owe your fox a MM.
I'll MM your peach too, gladly.
You've also only faced me once, which was at Caketown. Bo5 both money matches. I'd say it's for your spot on the PR but I realize that I shouldn't be ranked that high.
Edit: Just remembered, we also faced at Trans in crews, where I believe I knocked 2 stock off you while losing 1? Or it might have been 2 for 2. Either way it was at best even.

To Run:
David has beaten many of the ranked people, so has Bernard, etc. Everyone has at one point or another. He placed well at the one tournament. That's the thing. One placing should not make him 2nd on the PR (or 3rd rather with Jake/Noah above him). It's not consistent, while other players consistently do better then him.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
It seems things are going to be heated up for David's biweekly.

Also peeps just cant outright challenge others for their spots all day. Although in cases of close ranking (Daniel vs Bernard) then I think it works.

@ Euro: In that case, who do you think should be above him? Cause the only competitors outside of Bernard have lost to him in every tournament match. (David twice).

D

Deleted member

There are lots of other panelists, but when we first made it at like 4 AM a couple of days ago, not everyone was online. David talked a lot and made his impact. Adnan probably talked the most out of all of us.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Noah, Jake, Bernard, IB and David should be above him (in no particular order)
And yes, I realize he beat David but ffs it's ICs vs Peach. I don't think David's going to lose to him again.
And if not everyone was online, then the list should been made later perhaps? And maybe a panelist from CoS, or a panel that's proportionate would have been in order too?

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Noah, Jake, Bernard, IB and David should be above him (in no particular order)
And yes, I realize he beat David but ffs it's ICs vs Peach. I don't think David's going to lose to him again.
And if not everyone was online, then the list should been made later perhaps? And maybe a panelist from CoS, or a panel that's proportionate would have been in order too?
Not to nitpick, but David played sheik vs him too.
And if you want to talk about " ffs the matchup is unfair" then look at all the matchups vs Sheik and Marth that I have to deal with, thats just how it goes though so I can't complain.
Just admit it, you've got a heavy bias against Daniel, it reeks through all your posts.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I know he played Sheik vs him. But well... Get back to me after Saturday.
And I know I have a bias against Daniel. But well, I've made my points and I'm waiting to see someone give me a better counter point then "he does well vs. the top players outside tournaments" and he did well at an old tournament, but nothing good afterwards.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
I remember reading a while back, i think it was delorted who was saying a PR may cause problems. Also said its based on how the community responds to it.

Just hope it goes well >_>

D

Deleted member

It would go better if people who don't have much experience and are relatively new to the scene stop carrying biases that are ridiculous and complaining.

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
It would go better if people who don't have much experience and are relatively new to the scene stop carrying biases that are ridiculous and complaining.
It's not like they matter that much anyways. Your assigned number on the power rankings isnt going to prevent you from winning a tournament or beating people higher on the list.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
wow. extreeme heat.

*and the trash-talk begins;

DVKN: Just don't pick Poke Floats again...and I maybe I'll take it easy on you. If not...well then i might just have to perform the devilish tongue flailing techniques made so popular by Vwins.

Jake: I haven't played you in forever, so I don't really have anything to say to you. Though I do respect your Peach immensely now (lulz at Qbec crew ownn), I'm comin' for your spot too. <3

Dice

Smash Lord
I haven't played Toronto in a long time :(

I also haven't played smash in a long time :(

Kio for GTA PR!

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
This is why you don't have power rankings in the first place..
And so the beef continues to cook:laugh:

If anything I like power rankings....It does exactly what Jake said..."strive to become better and rank".....Which is what I'm gonna do...

But to be very honest I don't know how it works...So if I was ready, could I challenge someone on that list for their spot? And whats with the Panel list and all that...lol I'm such a noob...

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
basically you can challenge someone if you're one spot behind them AND relatively close in skill level or there was enough debate over your positions that it could have gone to either person.

after that, compete and win tourneys.

also, why are my letters the colour of the rainbow? :lick:

EDIT: can I be Vileplume? :045: I <3 Vileplume. Vileplume and Clefairy. :035:

EDIT EDIT: <3 Jake ty!!! =D

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
LOLOL Wait, you guys have complaints?
I didn't like the pokemon I was given. I don't like Cloyster. I realize Cloyster's high tier in RBY because of sexplosion, STAB Ice and 458 defense stat but I wanted something that wasn't ugly.

Also I disagreed with Imadh being above me given that you've beaten Imadh often and frequently on pretty much all stages but FD and Yoshi's whereas I don't really give a rat's *** where he takes me (lol a player from Sauga beating me what a delightfully fresh idea).

Furthermore, Imadh hasn't beaten RaynEx in a tournament set whereas I have (although yes, RaynEx wins our sets more than I do). Finally, when you consider that neither me nor Imadh have beaten DK in a tournament set (I won't lie; I find DK's Fox fairly harmless in comparison to Bernard's and Ambrose's although I will admit his Peach has many lulzy tricksies), you come to the conclusion that I've beaten everyone he's beaten (in some cases, like you, more decisively I'd argue as well given I haven't lost to you in the past - what - three tournaments? And the past two were 2-0s). Plus there's my off-and-on win rate against RaynEx.

When you add the fact that he hasn't beaten me in a tournament since the ranking battle, what, four months ago, it seems like epic lulz are happening. And it's not like I lose to Andy anymore now that my Sheik has been clinically proven to be detrimental to the health and safety of Andy's Samus (and Andy was the person I lost to at Caketown).

Iunno. It just seems like everyone who was beating me is still causing Imadh hell whereas the only people who give me issues are the people who are above me (Noah, Daniel, Jake, Bernard) minus Imadh. Imadh, however, seems to have issues with all four of them on top of several people below him. Because this list is part empirical evidence, however, and not pure tournament result I find it frivolous to see him above me given I seem to do better versus more people. He's definitely near where he should be, but epic lulz are occuring.

However, I realize that Imadh had a very strong showing in doubles at T8 and Caketown so I will cease my complaining for now. Depending on how I do at the Biweekly, however, I may be inclined to keep my argument going.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
^We totally thought about all those things, in the end it pretty much came down to the fact that...... You can beat Imadh, but overall (right now) Imadh has higher placings.... which slightly outweights the fact that you beat him and whatnot.
Of course, this was all argued back and forth, and was one of the harder spots to decide.
Your bi-weekly is going to be a big decider for things like this.

I.B

Smash Lord
Since when have I had trouble against Jake? I've never even faced him in a tourney.

Issues with DK? I beat him in our MM and I'm pretty sure losing to him in the one and only tourney set we had, which ended up being 2-3, doesn't qualify as "having issues" with him.

I suggest you keep quiet, and tomorrow at your Bi-Weekly, show why you and I should trade places.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Oh, an up and coming can challenge 10th place? Amrbose is gonna have a line up lol. Pools with Ambrose...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom