• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Topics needed to be addressed BADLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esca

Smash Champion
Okay, so I'm not here to discuss any angelic step or make any cliche names up for moves, but we need to start discussing multiple match-ups at one time.

First thing's first.

The Game and Watch match-up needs to be greatly discussed, and if it already has been before, we need to RE-discuss it. I think the match-up is winnable, but from what I've experienced this weekend, I don't find it so. His bair is far too unpunishable, and his up-b screws everything up. As well as these two things, his bucket is filled by your arrows, which, in my game, are about 40% of my off-stage damage.

In continuation:

Wario. Any Pit who consistently plays a high/top level Wario should and most likely does have problems with him. His moves are too power-ful, and he gets un-punished as well. I play people like PhantomX/DMG/ and Popertop regularly, and with all the practice, I still find this match to be very difficult.

What I'm looking for is ways to beat these characters without camping/planking/ or stalling. I need any information. Tips/Hints/ things that actually work, rather than things you put in your head or ideas that you've yet to test.

Pit has the potential to be high tier, but with the meta-game being revolved around beating MK right now, I think is the least of our worries. We need to fix this guys.

Please help.

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
i have to agreed to this, I have too much info on how to beat MK, but nearly nothing for any of the other characters except snake (which is bountiful in my local area if anyone plays).

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
I've said it before, in these hrd matches use FAIR ALOT. 3 of the "hardest matches" (for me anywayz) are GaW, Wario, Marf.

Fair beats marf's fair, which in turn beats GaW turtle, which in turn beats Wario period, these are no doubt winnable matches but you MUST figure out when where how to use fair. I am still learing but I have seen my progress so I know it is working.

as for GaW up b I have yet to figure out what to do, for now AD and uair or predict it and dair him out of it.

Esca

Smash Champion
Against Marth, I try to never fair though. I think it's shorter and can't be spaced right without trading off damage. I don't have any trouble with Marth though.

G&W is killing us though.

DominusHaven

Smash Cadet
Hmm this is a very true thread I agree with you. Isn't there a Wario and G&W thread in discussion atm though, and Mk really isn't a problem that we need to worry on as you say, we have learned a lot on him and we should focus on his other aspects. But there is a G&W and Wario Match up thread atm and we should contribute to those threads.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Fair doesnt beat turtle.... Fair stops them from approaching with turtle predictably. If he turtles whiles your on the ground and upb there isnt anything you can do. You just have to shield and wait and try to punish the Dair.

Marth isnt beat by fair. Marth ***** pit while on stage, there is nothing more to it, you have arrows, use them. Or if he has always fair into something esle immediately, MS his fair and punish. But on stage marth wins period.

Wario wins because of his aerial movement, fzero is kinda right random fairs+uairs work. More around with him, dont just stand there, you have to set the tempo of the match. Also pivots are really good.

Esca

Smash Champion
Yeah, I play Marth's like RoyR and Takeurlife2.

I dont have trouble with marth.

But another thing is Wario's aerial mobility. He's so hard to get 'round.

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
I personally hate Marth, in close-close combat he just pwns, better keep some distance.

As for Wario, yep he's darning powerful, can't chain-grab, can't seem to do other stuff either (gliding, etc.).

As for GnW, some guy who could never beat me with his main (falco) somehow beat me with his secondary GnW (darn it), and the turtle thing and oil panic seemed to be his most repeated moves.

SkyRay

Smash Cadet
I always find myself coming back to the pit boards constantly, but leaving with almost no new information.. ever.

I've really been in need of more match up information, so I completely agree with you here.

Coffee™

I need it....
This isn't really different from a matchup thread and there are already two matchup threads out of the characters you are specifically mentioning. Just take discussion for it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom