• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
After watching some CEO dubs vids, I humbly request Plup be removed from the MK list and moved to #1 on the MK's Bair list

(No really, watch like the last minute of WizzPlup v/s HungryArmada)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What are some basic requirements to this list? Getting your name next to your main's spot isn't easy, so I'd like to know what it really takes to be on top, besides the obvious.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
What are some basic requirements to this list? Getting your name next to your main's spot isn't easy, so I'd like to know what it really takes to be on top, besides the obvious.
Just place well in a lot of tournaments and beat notable players convincingly; easier said, then done.

Last edited:

PajamasM

Smash Cadet
Was wondering when Cruz was going to get a spot lol. I think Cruz is the best Mario. I also think M2K is better w/ Mario than me just due to being a better player.
Yea, based off this and what i have seen and this being said it should probably be:
Cakes, M2K, Gallo
or
M2K, Cakes, Gallo

M2K just has the best legitimate wins using mario but if you don't want a "non-serious main" as number 1, then whatever.

D

Deleted member

I 2-0'd AeroLink, 3-2'd Denti, 2-0'd Sethlon in winners, and 3-0'd him in GFs. I won the tourney, also won doubles with Dakpo. I will bring the vids here when they're uploaded

:)

D

Deleted member

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the worst character in the game is going to become even worse

rip

D

Deleted member

If only I wasn't 14 years old. Iunno you guys should come to ltc2 if you want to play vs me. I'll travel... eventually.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
I have finally won my first tourney. I've been placing top 3 in TX outside of the highly stacked region of DFW, and now I have a 1st place under my belt.

@ KayB KayB , please add my grand finals set under my name (vs Shokio). It really showed my ability to adapt and a bit of Kirby's offensive versatility against mobile, aggressive characters. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIWxua4mqdo

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
@ G-Rabbit G-Rabbit i take it zach wasn't there ;D jk jk big congrats on the win buddy and good matches

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
@ G-Rabbit G-Rabbit i take it zach wasn't there ;D jk jk big congrats on the win buddy and good matches
No. Abstract Logic has been under the radar for some time now. However, I've gotten significantly better in his absence and felt like I was getting the better of him in friendlies at Farmers Fight. I think our rivalry will prove interesting this coming Fall.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Yea, based off this and what i have seen and this being said it should probably be:
Cakes, M2K, Gallo
or
M2K, Cakes, Gallo

M2K just has the best legitimate wins using mario but if you don't want a "non-serious main" as number 1, then whatever.
Why isn't Boss's :mario2: being considered? Even when Gallo came to my region, Boss outplaced him.

http://vgbootcamp.challonge.com/pm302singles

:018:

Last edited:

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
I have finally won my first tourney. I've been placing top 3 in TX outside of the highly stacked region of DFW, and now I have a 1st place under my belt.

@ KayB KayB , please add my grand finals set under my name (vs Shokio). It really showed my ability to adapt and a bit of Kirby's offensive versatility against mobile, aggressive characters. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIWxua4mqdo
Only because I couldn't stay to defend the house!

PajamasM

Smash Cadet
I haven't seen anything of leffen in PM recently, we should probably get rid of him on the fox list for one of the other contenders aka zero, mango etc. Keep him on ZSS though because no one plays that character lol.

Fox list should probably be something more like:
M2K, DEHF, ZeRo
or
M2K, DEHF, Mango

Mango does a bit better vs melee players/characters, but doesn't play/place as much. Zero places overall higher (thanks to pit though) but his fox does better vs. brawl characters/players from what ive seen. I mean he beat wizzrobe with fox in tournament, which is something no one else can say.

D

Deleted member

win enough tournaments and get enough paper so even your parents can come with you out of state
I win like ~$100 at every tourney, I won 200 at this. My parents also ask me about this stuff, they know how "popular" I am.

edit: they stalk my fb/twitter as well LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I win like ~$100 at every tourney, I won 200 at this. My parents also ask me about this stuff, they know how "popular" I am.

edit: they stalk my fb/twitter as well LOL
You mean, oracle isn't your daddy? and denti isn't actually your brother???

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Did Boss go 100% Mario?
Boss primarily used Diddy, didn't he?
No, but he goes his :mario2: and :diddy: half and half. He usually beats Junebug and me with :mario2:. He's beaten Pink Fresh with :mario2: too.

PM isn't a game where you should just use one character like in 64 or Brawl. It's a game closer to Melee where maining 3-4 characters is significantly better then 1 or 2. This however means people need to master a ton more matchups. This is simple game theory tho so nothing new to anyone lol.
I haven't seen anything of leffen in PM recently, we should probably get rid of him on the fox list for one of the other contenders aka zero, mango etc. Keep him on ZSS though because no one plays that character lol.

Fox list should probably be something more like:
M2K, DEHF, ZeRo
or
M2K, DEHF, Mango

Mango does a bit better vs melee players/characters, but doesn't play/place as much. Zero places overall higher (thanks to pit though) but his fox does better vs. brawl characters/players from what ive seen. I mean he beat wizzrobe with fox in tournament, which is something no one else can say.
No offense to Mango, but he gets bopped in PM lol. My region made him double rage quit (Smash G0D's :mewtwopm: and Boss's :diddy:).

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
No, but he goes his :mario2: and :diddy: half and half. He usually beats Junebug and me with :mario2:. He's beaten Pink Fresh with :mario2: too.

PM isn't a game where you should just use one character like in 64 or Brawl. It's a game closer to Melee where maining 3-4 characters is significantly better then 1 or 2. This however means people need to master a ton more matchups. This is simple game theory tho so nothing new to anyone lol.
I don't disagree with you but not really sure how this argument supports Boss's Mario going up. Gallo uses Mario even in Mario's poor matchups and does very well, while Boss switches off to Diddy often in the few matchups Mario would struggle or even in matchups that Mario does well in that Diddy does better in. That's mostly the reason why I'm not 1st on the DK list and might even go to 3rd or something.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I don't disagree with you but not really sure how this argument supports Boss's Mario going up. Gallo uses Mario even in Mario's poor matchups and does very well, while Boss switches off to Diddy often in the few matchups Mario would struggle or even in matchups that Mario does well in that Diddy does better in. That's mostly the reason why I'm not 1st on the DK list and might even go to 3rd or something.
But what if Gallo is using :mario2: in bad matchups and losing? Does that help him stay on?

If Boss went :mario2: and lost the same matchups, but beat better players in even/advantageous matchups while Gallo did not then would that help Boss?

I don't fully understand the criteria to being a top 3 for a character. I honestly think I should be on the :diddy: list too lol. I'd love to know Disqo's results/wins?

D

Deleted member

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Not uh
KayB following all these YouTube channels. By the time you got that link, dude probably seen those vids twice.

Humble Dojo

Smash Apprentice
iPunchkidsz (Socals best lucario) vs aMSa (Japanese Juggernaut) $100 money match is happening at 4pm pst. Tune in on Westballz' stream!

http://www.twitch.tv/Westballz
If you miss it you can check the archives after.
(I know dittos and money matches dont mean anything but it should be hype)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom