• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Alright Seagull, I'll use your logic.

I have beaten sethlon, sethlon has taken games from m2k, m2k beat prof pro, prof pro took games from emukiller. I can take a game from emukiller, which means I can BEAT emukiller. I beat Emukiller. I won sktar

wheres my prize money?

OOH OOH OOH yknow whats even better? I have a 5-0 set record vs luck, he has lost all 5 sets vs me. Luck lost to infinity, infinity lost to seagull. IM BETTER THAN SEAGULL!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Alright Seagull, I'll use your logic.

I have beaten sethlon, sethlon has taken games from m2k, m2k beat prof pro, prof pro took games from emukiller. I can take a game from emukiller, which means I can BEAT emukiller. I beat Emukiller. I won sktar

wheres my prize money?

OOH OOH OOH yknow whats even better? I have a 5-0 set record vs luck, he has lost all 5 sets vs me. Luck lost to infinity, infinity lost to seagull. IM BETTER THAN SEAGULL!!!!!
Inui logic doesn't work with rounds tho...Only sets. Emukiller also did not lose "games" to prof pro. He lost one round. Games implies more then one.

You're doing it way wrong kiddo. I think this stems from your deep hatred towards me, but whatever lmfao.

:018:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

shhhhhhhhh no one has to know

also I'm going to throw this out there, IMO being a good diddy/mario/link/ivysaur is like being a good brawl metaknight. They're ridiculously easy. You nerds should try and get good at toonlink.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

also I'm going to throw this out there, IMO being a good diddy/mario/link/ivysaur is like being a good brawl metaknight. They're ridiculously easy. You nerds should try and get good at toonlink.
You make it seem like being good in brawl was easy. That's not true by any means. There were like 6 :metaknight:'s who were extremely good as far as North America is concerned. People who just used :metaknight: did not win any more-so then regular against good players. I myself hardly lost to :metaknight:s outside of the top 6 plus Omni (Who quit when I was becoming dominant/a national threat).

Being "good" with top and high tier characters is obviously easier to do. They have more advantageous matchups then ones worse then them. It doesn't mean it's any easier to get good results with them. If people are losing to gimmicks then that's on them, but don't fault the players for picking characters deemed "good".

I honestly think your answer is bashful and immature. I mained a mid tier in brawl, but I never faulted those who picked better characters.
:018:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I never really asked for your response on what was simply an OPINION but I guess I'll rephrase my sentence so your panties aren't in a bunch

IMO getting good with characters like diddy/mario/link/ivysaur is extremely easy because the characters cover options so easily, its (for the lack of a better word) braindead. Being a "good" player of one of those characters is simple to achieve because the character gets away with more, similar to metaknight players in brawl. I am not talking about the TOP level players like zero, nairo, and mk blah blah yada yada boring brawl stuff, I'm pretty much saying actually PICKING UP metaknight is super easy and actually doing stuff with him is super easy. The learning curve is so small.

D

Deleted member

No *****, toonlink is the WORST CHARACTER IN THE GAME
Come. At. Me.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I never really asked for your response on what was simply an OPINION but I guess I'll rephrase my sentence so your panties aren't in a bunch.
Oh give me a break. Stating your opinion does not exempt it from criticism, and you should not feel threatened if someone disagrees with you. Why? Because it's an opinion. You don't go "Oh I made an opinion, no one can argue or respond to it!" That's not how opinions work.

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I never really asked for your response on what was simply an OPINION but I guess I'll rephrase my sentence so your panties aren't in a bunch

IMO getting good with characters like diddy/mario/link/ivysaur is extremely easy because the characters cover options so easily, its (for the lack of a better word) braindead. Being a "good" player of one of those characters is simple to achieve because the character gets away with more, similar to metaknight players in brawl. I am not talking about the TOP level players like zero, nairo, and mk blah blah yada yada boring brawl stuff, I'm pretty much saying actually PICKING UP metaknight is super easy and actually doing stuff with him is super easy. The learning curve is so small.
This is pretty horrible logic. Not only is getting good with ANY character not extremely easy(being good generally means you have good fundamentals and smart play, no characters are capable of cheese that invalidates skill) you picked a pretty horrible example because MK does not have a low learning curve at all lol. He's one of the hardest characters input and match-up wise to play because everyone knows the match-up so well you have to REALLY know what you are doing with him to beat good players.

There is no shortcut to being good at a competitive game, especially fighters. This is just short-sighted logic. Characters being "easy" is hard to define in and of itself and it's certainly not easy to play at a high level with any character. Being good at the game transcends characters which is why most top players can play multiple characters at a high level, especially in a game like this where they share more of a fundamental base than a game like brawl.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
He won't rest till he is the best monkey on the block. I suggest, dressing like diddy, if you wanna take your game, to the next level.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion

You sound like an idiot lol. Using many characters well in Brawl takes more effort than a good number of the characters in this game.

Edit: Also, no MK does not have a low learning curve at all. Of all the higher tier characters I'd say Lucario is the easiest.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

no that character is hard. i'd rather just play mario and win all my sets simply for playing the game correctly.

BluntedMask

Smash Apprentice
If a player makes the choice of using an objectively harder character to do well with its on them. You can't fault anyone for using a higher tier character as you can do the same.
Its like a melee falcon main johning about him being a bad character. (Used to do it myself)

D

Deleted member

LTC Sethlon lost 3-0 to strong bad
iirc at apex 2014 sb and sethlon mm'd and sethlon 3-0'd with his roy. I thiiiiink sb switched to wario game 3?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah, I'm eagerly awaiting a rematch in tournament tho. MM's don't mean as much to me.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
I think everyone would be remiss if they didn't consider Blea Gelo's Luigi as a top 3 Luigi in PM as well as Melee.

Check out any of his matches on the VS Gaming Center stream.

ThegreatVaporeon1

Smash Ace
I think everyone would be remiss if they didn't consider Blea Gelo's Luigi as a top 3 Luigi in PM as well as Melee.

Check out any of his matches on the VS Gaming Center stream.

I actually do want to see this. Can you give me a link or a timsestamp where I can watch his Luigi?

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I want more people to get off stage vs diddy. Then again, I want more people to go off stage for edge guards and not just stand there. Is that just me?

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I want more people to get off stage vs diddy. Then again, I want more people to go off stage for edge guards and not just stand there. Is that just me?
Why would you go off stage to gimp Diddy when
A. even if you hit him, up-b covers so much area and distance that there's a good chance he can still make it, sometimes even before you do. And he can release up-b early if he wants to if he sees you coming, and he can go really low making it hard for a lot of characters to gimp.
B. Diddy players almost always overshoot the edge, so generally it's better to stay on-stage and just punish the recovery from a safe distance.

Of course, there's some circumstances where going off-stage is better, but there are plenty of scenarios where it isn't.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Maybe, if Diddy's misfire barrels gets removed in future versions, more people will actually try to go offstage on him.

I think the threat of getting hit offstage by one and trading a stock/getting put in a bad position (especially if hes recovering low) is whats keeping people onstage to edgeguard.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Diddys up has like piss poor hitboxes and is hard to sweetspot. The barrells are the ony ghing really detering people from just putting a falling hitbox out. While i do want more people going off stage vs him, its also easy to punish non sweetspots and if has 19 frames of landing lag lol

Top diddys: june coukd maybe be first now, i dont know.june/disco are top 2.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
because obviously in a MM, more money = more legitimacy, because playing for $25 will alter how you make decisions compared to playing for only $20
Ask how much they played for. Inb4onedollar. Who cares about a dollar, or even 5. If you don't care about 20+, well excuse me, young KDJ.

Last edited:

Nazo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nazoplex
The way I see it, money matches are just tournaments with only two entrants; the better player gets 1st place.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

in my experience even good players dont want to lose $5, imo the difference after that point is negligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom