• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Top 5 Notable Players from their respective characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMan1255

Smash Cadet
Edit: :4gaw: should really have SeanS somewhere. He's beaten Ribs, Chibo, and CaptainAwesum. While thats not extremely impressive or anything I think its good enough to be somewhere on the list considering Game n Watch isn't exactly taking tournaments or placing high much.
Thank you for acknowledging SeanS, at least one good player on here will agree with what the G&W Skype group has deemed one of our best player. He is better than GimR, but it's annoying to try and argue he isn't the best G&W player due to all of his fanboys. Is he the most popular? Yes. Is he a top 5 G&W? No. Don't get me wrong, I like GimR, but if we are talking top 5 players we need to be accurate with it

GMan1255

Smash Cadet
I obviously don't belong in the Top 5 Notable players, but as a dedicated G&W player that's been doing so well in local for at least April of 2015, is that something worth mentioning for the near future? I've also went to EVO 2015 (made it out of pools) and participated in Paragon 2015.

-Vader
You are good too Vader. I would still vote for SeanS because his region is a lot more stacked than yours

Tullies

Smash Rookie
Kendama is a pretty good Lucina/Marth player down here in the Atlantic south He gets pretty decent results at locals. Mostly top 16/top 4

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Not sure if Shu belongs in the :4bowser: category because I believe he's a Sheik main.

My list for Bowsers would be: Cassius, LordMix, LeTroof, KingKong, and Chaos, in that order.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Someone tell me wtf results Shu has gotten with Bowser because I'm pretty sure he/she/it's a Sheik main but I'm damn sure that LordMix needs to be in the top 3 somewhere

Edit: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

B!squick

Smash Master
Is it possible to get an honorable mentions section? MrEh is easily top 5 for Bowser, he just unfortunately lives in Hawaii, which might as well be a different planet.

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
I'm thinking we should try to make this thread just about the top 5 for each character and not actually putting them in order. This thread is turning into a major s**tstorm with players trying to get themselves ranked higher. We should try to focus just on who the top 5 are, and not what order they are in.

CrazyLittleJay

Smash Rookie
NNID
CrazyLittleJay
Move KEN to the bottom of the list for sonic and replace him with SuperGirlKels. (place her above seagull) cuz thats how the sonic pr is rn.. lol never even heard of ken

juddy96

Smash Lord
Move KEN to the bottom of the list for sonic and replace him with SuperGirlKels. (place her above seagull) cuz thats how the sonic pr is rn.. lol never even heard of ken
KEN is ranked 10th in Japan, 2nd at Umebura 20 along with a variety of other results, he's just overshadowed in JPN by komorikiri

Last edited:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
:4sonic: PR? That doesn't exist. She should not be above me and has no wins comparable to mine. I know you're her brother, but loooool.
And why is TKBreezy not in the list for Wii Fit Trainer? AnTi dropped wii fit trainer a long time ago.
Tk doesn't do anything even locally with :4wiifit:.

Shoutouts to not following the criteria of the thread, which are:
  • 1) You have to get good results from going to a large local event (50+ higher) Also, you need to attend some of the big events (Big House, EVO, CEO, Genesis, etc.) to get notable results.
  • 2) Stay commited with your character for at least 2 months (unless you got a really good result from winning a large local event, or placed really high at a national). If the player hasn't used that character after 3 months, their name will be removed from the list and will be considered "inactive"
  • 3) There needs to be an agreement upon the community of what players should be added on the list. I'm well aware that there will be some people who will agree, and others that will disagree. If the majority vote on one thing, then we will choose that decision.
  • 4) Wi-Fi players don't count. Even if they are ranked high on a ladder, you still can't add them, unless they have met the criterias above.
  • 5) Keep in mind that this is NOT a popularity contest. Just because a player is well known, or if you know someone in your region doesn't mean they are automatically better than someone else, unless you have the evidence to prove it.
How are japan players like KEN getting on the list or others who haven't been to a single national. Way to not follow the list at all Chompy.
:018:

Last edited:

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Before I make any changes on the chart, I noticed there are several players that got mentioned, but aren't able to be placed on the rankings because we only have so few spots. There are a ton of players that have a ton of potential to be placed in the chart provided having similar skill levels as well as placing just as good as any other top player. I feel the same with having a ton of players that should be ranked up there.

What do you guys think of adding 3 more spots to make it a total of 8 players, instead of just top 5?

Nimious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nimious
:rosalina:1. Dabuz 2. Falln 3. Kirihara 4. Rayquaza07 5. Xaltis

I like the Rosalina rankings and would only change the order to the above. It's very agreeable or rather hard to disagree with.

Falln at second is primarily due to the players he's beaten. Falln beat Nakat at CEO, he beat Void at E2C, Cacogen at SSS, Ito at SL, Mr.ConCon at Oomba; who are all top players that placed well at the recent Genesis. I don't want to look up absolutely everyone but he's also beaten Zenyou, Tearbear, Vicegrip, Scizor, K9, etc who are all top players for their respective characters.

Admittedly I know a lot less about Kirihara but he is the top Japanese Rosalina. Having seen him play the top Japanese Sheiks in particular and place well in so many tournaments I think he deserves the third rank.

As for switching Rayquaza and Xaltis that comes down to what I've seen. It's subjective but I consider Rayquaza the better player off what I've seen from the two.

While I would like Jester to be up there as well as I think he's a better Rosalina main than either Rayquaza or Xaltis he just doesn't have the results for it.

Lol every link main thinks they deserve a spot on the list. No point arguing. Get out there get some placings and let your actions speak. Those words apply to myself as well
Yeah but the issue is that most of us are regional Links. Say there was a Link who was 4th on PR prior season but due to lack of attendance during exam month dropped out. Of the two times he did go that season he got first and second.

That would be me but I am not going to argue for myself to be on this list either. Link mains have low representation as it is so if a Link does do well it's easy to hear about.

Which is why I’m pulling for Requiem because I think he definitely deserves the fifth spot.

By the way I wasn’t joking about you being a candidate as well. For the fourth and fifth spot you really can make an argument for most of the active competitive Links. The drop-off from the top three is high and the difference afterwards is hardly worth arguing about.

I'm sorry you think so poorly of me. Please watch my Smash the Record set that got me into top 64? Was nervous at first but I feel I played pretty well. I'd also like you to consider the region I'm in. Relatively rough.

In any case, I'm confident in my skills and accomplishments. I'm relatively new to the scene. I'm not surprised you haven't heard of me. I'm Florida's best Link. Id love to play you some time to prove why. ;]
I did watch your Smash the Record set which is why I said what I said.

Your game lacks the maturity and depth of the top Link players. The Link board can help you with that.

However if you want me to be specific there is a lot about your play I just don’t agree with. Technically you don’t have full control over your primary two Bombslides or bomb combos, you don’t know your grab combo options so you either do something sub-optimal or go for a read you have no need to go for. Fundamentally you’re still sloppy and I think you know you’re doing a lot of rolls and smashes when you shouldn’t be. There’s even small details you don’t do such as opting to jump or Up-B to grab ledge when it’s quicker and safer to tether and drop the amount of frames you’re stuck on the ledge for. You also hardly use your Fair in neutral despite how good it is and how it’s safe on shield if FF correctly.

There’s more but look, I don’t want to make a post about criticizing you but there’s more deserving Links out there.

I’m Canada’s best Link easily but that comes from lack of competition primarily which I imagine is the same for many other regions. I do place top five locally, generally in the money and I do compete at out of region Canadian events as well but I’m hardly going to argue for myself as having played and watched the other top Links they just seem more deserving.

Garioshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Garioshi
3DS FC
2793-1760-2194
So with some very shallow digging, I came up with the only VOD Kagura has:
He's trash, no idea why he's first. Remove him, move everyone else up one, and put either adom or Opana as #5.

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
The commentators on VSGC are rambling right now about how Tremendo Dude isn't listed as a top 5 Shulk, and frankly I agree with them.

Anyway, consider what I said about removing the actual ordering of the players from this thread. Maybe we can add it back later, but I seriously think that it is turning the thread into a s**tstorm right now.

How are japan players like KEN getting on the list or others who haven't been to a single national.
Japanese nationals are still nationals, man.

Last edited:

Nimious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nimious
Before I make any changes on the chart, I noticed there are several players that got mentioned, but aren't able to be placed on the rankings because we only have so few spots. There are a ton of players that have a ton of potential to be placed in the chart provided having similar skill levels as well as placing just as good as any other top player. I feel the same with having a ton of players that should be ranked up there.

What do you guys think of adding 3 more spots to make it a total of 8 players, instead of just top 5?
As a Link and Rosalina and Luma main I really don't think a top 8 is a good idea. For characters that are poorly represented as the two I play you will get basically spot fillers. This is no disrespect to players but there'll be instances where the difference between players at 5 - 8 is minimal to the point where you can have many other players be there. It's very subjective for a lot of characters past the top five as it is and I feel like the credibility of this list will be questioned if that happens.

For example a lot of Links do well locally but few of us have competed at a major let alone done well there. So do we just compare how we did at the local? That wouldn't be a good idea as some scenes are lot better than others. Do we let the community decide? But if the difference wasn't obvious to begin with (to the Smash Community in general) this comes down to the few who have played each other (in this case Link dittos will be valued over other MUs as Link board members generally main Link), approve of each other, or those who want it more rather than an actual agreeable consensus.

The big drop-off from top five to the rest for many characters would be problematic so I think sticking to a top five is best. There is after all more poorly represented characters than well represented characters. The alternative is to given a top 10 only to characters that are extremely well represented such as Sheik. However that'll look weird and only be for a few of the cast. An honourable mention could help instead even if that gets filled with players not that different from each other.

Last edited:

B!squick

Smash Master
8 is a strange number. I'd go 10 just to round it out and not have it in any order. As mentioned, MrEh is one of the best Bowser players you'll ever see and he can't be on this list based on your criteria. There's also the problem with different regions being easier or harder for some characters.

Not to mention that unless you factor in real data, this is all subjective.

Famous

Smash Champion
As far as Doc goes.
BoScotty- Has consistently good placements but uses peach/rob mostly
Atomsk- Consistent placements but dropped doc for MK. (could be pocket doc now)
Famous- Solo mained doc since Apex 2015, has consistently good placements
TRC- No Idea about his tournament placements but he makes good video guides

There are a few more docs but they haven't been placing as high.
5th slot is a toss up tbh...but then again, there aren't even that many docs to begin with that places well. If you wan't videos of me, who I've beaten, placements, just let me know.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion

Think that's a bad idea try to keep it as least hectic as possible. What you should do is, from this point on, keep discussion focused on 10 characters at a single time for 2-3 days. When the period is over move on to the next batch of characters (carrying over any character that needs more time). It'll make it a lot easier especially if you have those characters listed on the OP.

Also please include CT Vex or Gunblade for Ganon

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
AnTi didn't drop Wii Fit Trainer, he still uses him in tournament (did so vs. ZeRo at E2C20 and vs. Abadango at TBH5).

Gom-... G-... Game-... the Japanese Lucario player whose name starts with a 'G' is pretty notable in Japan and still uses Lucario, I'd place him in the top 5 to replace Gibus.

Robo-Luigi is a better R.O.B. than Mister Eric so he should be up there instead.

I kind of agree that order should be eliminated but some of the players in those top 5 spots don't deserve to be there.

Also, can anyone tell me when Seagull Joe started using Bowser Jr.?

juddy96

Smash Lord
AnTi didn't drop Wii Fit Trainer, he still uses him in tournament (did so vs. ZeRo at E2C20 and vs. Abadango at TBH5).

Gom-... G-... Game-... the Japanese Lucario player whose name starts with a 'G' is pretty notable in Japan and still uses Lucario, I'd place him in the top 5 to replace Gibus.

Robo-Luigi is a better R.O.B. than Mister Eric so he should be up there instead.

I kind of agree that order should be eliminated but some of the players in those top 5 spots don't deserve to be there.

Gomamugitya

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

I've used :4bowserjr: for over 6 months. I've gone him multiple times in tourney.

:018:

Last edited:

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Gomamugitya
YEAH HIM

Also if FOW is on there as a notable Falco then so should Larry. They play similarly but Larry actually uses Falco in tournaments, having taken a few games off Mr. R with him (albeit Mr. R was using Ryu, but Mr. R's Ryu is really good. He almost won 2 tournaments in California going all Ryu).

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
:rosalina:4. Rayquaza07 5. Xaltis
I mean, if you love Smash related drama, feel free to suggest this change. There's really no solid objective basis for ranking the 2nd-5th Rosalina positions IMO, so I'm fine with keeping it in its current, relatively drama free state.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Honoured to be on the notable Samus list however from the criteria I don't believe ESAM deserves to be there, he gets all his placings with Pikachu and will very occasionally bring out Samus for fun.

Suggestions to replace him would be Tumultus or ChoZoX though I'm not sure of their activity, or SCRM or KayJay from Europe.
Depth is the best FL Samus actually. He outplaces all others I think. Would need some other FL people to confirm his placing. I just know he's the best in FL.

Also I like just 5 people makes it seem like those on the list earned it. Sure it can be hard to decide, but 8 feels like way to many.

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
I don't even play Roy lol
I think it's referring to another Ian in South Carolina - that's one of the ones I got from the original list that we never really looked at. There's a few videos up on YT, but as far as I can tell he isn't even PR'd. He should probably be removed, since the Roy boards don't appear to know about him either.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Because this thread has, unfortunately, significantly degraded, the staff team has decided to close it. While the original idea of the project had noble intentions, the outcome has proven disgraceful and undesirable. Future ranking threads may be treated with less leniency and be treated as spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom