• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 5 Most Wanted and Least Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Most Wanted:

5. Wolf:

Other then Mewtwo, Wolf is the only veteran left that I really want in this game. Easily one of my favorite characters in Brawl, he was so fun to play with, and no he is not a clone -_-

4. Bandana Dee:

Partially because my little brother would be so excited to play as him, and partially because I really do like him. Spears are cool, bandanas are cool, making Bandana Dee extremely cool :p

3. Sceptile:

I am fully confident we will get 6 Pokemon representatives, we had 6 in Brawl, we will have at least 6 this time. Furthermore, I'm confident that Mewtwo will be one of them, and I'm praying that either Sceptile is the 6th or we get 7 Pokemon representatives (Which isn't to :083:) Sceptile is my favorite Pokemon, the first starter Pokemon I ever had, I would die of happiness if it was playable in Smash.

2. Ridley:

Ridley is playable. I am 99% sure of this, Sakurai's behavior concerning him is completely illogical otherwise. Ridley is my favorite villain of all time, as well as one of my favorite Nintendo characters of all time. But it's gotten to the point that my want for Ridley is almost solely fueled by my desire to shut up the stupid detractors that use the most idiotic arguments against his inclusion. Then accusing of as straw grasping if we have any legitimate evidence. I cannot wait for the day he gets announced and I can finally shut them up.

1. Rayman:

Rayman is my favorite gaming character of all time. I grew up with his games, he is essentially the owner of my gaming nostalgia. I would sacrifice all the above characters in order to get Rayman into this game, his inclusion would mean that much to me. And no, he is not disconfirmed. His chances have never been better, something I am very pleased about.

Least wanted:

5. Duck Hunt Dog:

No idea where the appeal for this character is. It's a dog that laughs at you that's fun to shoot. That's pretty much it :p

4. Krystal:

I hate Krystal. She came around when the Star Fox series started to decline, and as such I have always associated her with said decline. Furthermore, her inclusion would probably mean the removal of Falco or Wolf, neither of whom should be cut for Krystal.

3. Jigglypuff:

I love this Pokemon, she was a funny character in the anime, one that I always grinned upon seeing. But she does not deserve a spot in Smash Bros. I've always been annoyed that Puff made it in over the much more deserving Meowth in 64 and Melee, and over Mewtwo in Brawl.

2. Paper Mario:

I don't care if he's made of Paper and that would make him different, I don't care if he has a unique moveset, he's another version of Mario and I do not want him in over another Mario character.

1. Bayonetta:

I despise Bayonetta as a character. Stereotype over sexualized witch that has no place in the Smash universe. Just... NO!

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
4. Krystal:

I hate Krystal. She came around when the Star Fox series started to decline, and as such I have always associated her with said decline. Furthermore, her inclusion would probably mean the removal of Falco or Wolf, neither of whom should be cut for Krystal.
Why do people always say that? It's not krystals fault in the slightest, blame the ****ing developers.

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
Why do people always say that? It's not krystals fault in the slightest, blame the ****ing developers.
No it isn't, but she was actually one of my least favourite parts of the "newer" star foxes, I really don't like her design :/
To me she looks like one of the failed "sonic friends" or something :/
I don't know what it is :/ ... It doesn't help that she's extra "wood" for the furryfire (Why the skimpy outfit? Why sexualize her ( foxes don't have two boobs hanging from their chest)?), to me she really feels out of place :/
To me her inclusion would be very cringeworthy :/
Her "staff" as people say doesn't work for me either, it just doesn't fit the starfoxuniverse/-games well :/

but well tastes differ, right? :) Sorry if this seems like character bashing :/

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
No it isn't, but she was actually one of my least favourite parts of the "newer" star foxes, I really don't like her design :/
I don't know what it is :/ ... It doesn't help that she's extra "wood" for the furryfire (Why the skimpy outfit? Why sexualize her ( foxes don't have two boobs hanging from their chest)?), to me she really feels out of place :/
Her "staff" as people say doesn't work for me either, it just doesn't fit the starfoxuniverse/-games well :/

She's a female character though, regardless of species in most games, females have boobs. I mean foxes don't wear pants either but no-one has a problem with that. They aren't just animals, they're anthropomorphic animals which means they have human features

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
It isn't her fault. However I've always associated her with it, and since I despise her character in general she's an easy scapegoat.
Ok adventures wasn't great but I had fun (hey the staff is cool plus she mainly was a love interest in the game) however I really liked assault before my copy got robbed but she's just a cool character none of the other characters are leaving in star fox characters so she'd be a damn fine edition and the furries who cares let them go do whatever.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Most Wanted

:jigglypuff:

no one else matters to me really.

Least Wanted

Ridley
Mewtwo
Metaknight
Any Anime character
Krystal

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945

Krystal is the way she is because she was created by Rare. They have a track record of generic sexualized female characters.

MOST WANTED:
1. Slippy Toad
2. Re-worked Ganondorf
3. Cooking Mama
4. Medusa
5. Mini Kangaroo

LEAST WANTED:
1. Krystal
2. Anime Character
3. Geno
4. King K. Rool
5. Ganondorf Clone

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Most Wanted

5. Chorus Men
4. Pig Ganon
3. Bowser Jr. (If he uses gadgets and stuff, not the paintbrush.)
2. K. Rool
1. Ridley

Least Wanted

5. Rayman
4. Marshall
3. Krystal
2. Impa
1. Anime character *cough* *cough* Goku *cough* *cough*

U.N.Owen

Smash Cadet
Most wanted (veteran aside)
5. Rayman, he's cool, got tons of gameplay possibility and he's French. Do I need to say more?
4. Big Boss, the one-eyed god-like soldier who badassness and manliness just put every male character in the game to the rank of pubert Justin Bieber. Also Snake's father.

3. Blaziken
, he's my favorite Pokemon from my favorite gen, and relevant thx to the mega-evolutions and the remake. Also he's hella rad.

2. Hector(FE), fan favorite of the GBA Fire Emblem (who, weirdly enough, don't have representation despite being the first FE released worldwide AND the best game of the franchise.) He's a cool Axe-wielding Lord who hit like a mozer****er.
Also Axe and FE.

1. Travis Touchdown, i'm not a fool, he's never gonna be in but god, a otaku assassin voiced by Robin Atkin Downes killing everyone with a lightsaber who got from a beginner assassin who struggle to get to the top on NMH1 to the Crownless King ("You reached the top, and flew away"), a litteraly invulnerable killer(seriously on the cutscenes he just **** up EVERYONE without any single drop of sweat.) drived by revenge on NMH2. Also my favorite video game character.

Special mentions to Leon Powalsky, Chrom(RIP in peace), Ghirahim, Waluigi(Also RIP), Mister T., Gray Fox, and others.

Least wanted(veteran aside)

5. Chorus men, is there people who were fan of...it before the Gematsu Leak?

4. Simon Belmont, he's nowhere as iconic (and relevant) as Snake (Solid or Naked), and if he become the Konami representant i'd just cry.

3. King.K.Rool, can't stand his face, and if you want a DK representant just pick Cranky ffs.The guy is just a bald Bowser.

2. Dark Pit, I already hate Pit enough(argh this face!!!) and having a "cool edgy" version of him just make me want to puke.

1. Shulk, he come from one of the most overatted game of the last ten years with the worst gameplay style invented the during the last ten years(A-RPG but not too much), and he's as charismatic as Leonard from White Knight Chronicles(http://ps3media.gamespy.com/ps3/ima...white-knight-chronicles-20090729032159814.jpg)

Special mentions to any anime characters, Dixie, Ridley, Sceptile, Krystal, Bandana Dee and others.

Last edited:

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
5: An Advance Wars character
recently I've been getting into SRPGS after playing the outlandishly easy Fire Emblem Awakening, and my first deviation from swords was tanks. Prior to this, I never understood the appeal to what looked like watered down Fire Emblem, a series that, in general for the genre, lacks complexity. However, Advance Wars seemed to have a very different charm to it, and I have no regrets in saying that any character from this series would be a good choice. The most likely is Andy, but I'd also appreciate Max and Sami. Oftentimes people want them to be Snake clones. I would be okay with this, but at the same time the series deserves much more than that. I only call it "Advance Wars" because that was the first installment to reach Eagleland; what many people either don't know or neglect entirely is the fact that advance wars is much older than that, since the game meets its origins at Famicom Wars. A series as old and good as fire emblem getting a Snake clone would be several kinds of awful. The reason this takes 5 is because an advance Wars character, despite my ramblings, has little original moveset potential.

4: Sukapon
Nintendo's first fighting game protagonist. I haven't given up on this guy since Villager got in despite being in the same situation before he was announced

3: Ray
You've heard every argument in its favor, do I legitimately need to explain why Ray is a great choice? All I can add is the fact that the game has custom movesets, a perfect fit for the guy.

2: Lip
see my post in the Lip support thread for more details. To summarize, I want Lip in so that she can rep all nintendo Puzzle games that have a mascot who either can't/shouldn't be be playable (E.G. Bubbles) or is already in the game without references to it (E.G. Kirby).

1: King K Rool:
Similar to Ray. Explaining him is beating a dead horse.

Worst 5: 4th parties
Only reason it's low is that nobody legitimately asks for these

Worst 4: Characters already shown as trophies
Self-explanatory

Worst 3: Square Enix characters
Only one of their games that I've played extensively is Kingdom Hearts (and SMRPG, but that also had Nintendo involved). From that, it's hard to work in Sora without 4th party characters. From what I've seen, Final Fantasy characters themselves also have a disturbing trend of being either unfitting to the atmosphere and art style of smash, or being rather generic. All in all, Squeenix reps are a slippery slope that should be avoided. Geno is the best rep they could pick, but he's so impossibly unlikely that it's almost comedic

Worst 2: One-off Zelda Characterss and any third KI character
Equally bad for different reasons. With the Dorf's guaranteed return, We don't need 6 slots dedicated to Zelda, especially if that sixth one is a small-timer like ghirahim. I should note that, prior to Toon Link and the Zelda separation, I wanted Vaati and/or Tingle in the game. I gave up on them being in Smash 4. As for Kid Icarus...
Two characters is too many
16 Smash Run enemies is too many
several items that could easily be from different games (Imagine if we got Custom Robo weapons in Smash)
Palutena having as many moves as she does is too much
Palutena's moves all being things she doesn't do is several kinds of wrong
And most of all the series only has three games, it shouldn't have more characters than something like DKC, which has 20 games

Worst 1: Riddles The Dragon
I'm not about to spend an hour arguing about this.
Consider the following:
Ridley can't be eye level with Samus
Ridley is bigger than Bowser
Ridley's model should not clip through the platforms of battlefield from a stand-still
Ridley's moveset should not be remotely similar to Charizard
Provide a size comparison and moveset that fulfills all of these conditions, and I will be okay with Ridley.

Last edited:

Two Big Guys For You

Smash Cadet
TOP TIER

1. Majora Link- K, you know melee had two characters in one, Brawl had three. Now 4 should kick it up a notch. I know this is against Sakurai's rules, but imagine if you had a Link clone for one,. Arrows, Slash, and Boomerang. But Down B turns you into a Deku, Goron, Zora, and Link again. It'd be the absolute bomb.

2. There's no real point to putting Ridley on here, he's like Isaac in terms of vanillaness. Still I'd play that guy.

3. Chrom. Yeah, gonna catch crap for that. He's gonna be a secret character, totally! He'd have used a lance and sword simultanously, and would've had an attack range that does great at a close and medium distance but bad far away. Essentially, the lance is there for combos.

4. Bomberman. If Konami has a rep and they took out Snake, it should be him.

5. Star-Lord should join the brawl to represent Disney. No really, I hope Sakurai announces a "Disney video game character" and it turns out to be a Marvel character to mess with Squenix fans. Sorry :p.

But realistically, I'm gonna pick Ray. I don't even have Custom Robo and I think he'd be neat and looks fun.

PANIC TIER

5. Lip- I really don't have a vague idea of how this character would work. She's a background character in a puzzle game. It's like making Tetris a character.

4. Anthony Higgs. I have seen a few people legit mention him in other online areas. I'm like, yo, if you want someone from Other M you've already got the Nintendog in as a stage thing.

3. Dixie Kong- It's like, why'd you want another chimpanzee over King K Rool? That's a little speceist. She's great in DKC2 but outside it's boring.

2. Sonichu. If I see another pickle I am going to be mad. But really, I sincerely hope they don't put any OC's like Higgs or Demise in. Demise is a bit of a waste of a spot.

1. Krystal. I just see people who REALLY like her. A lot. These people also sometimes really like animals. And I remember that her games were where Star Fox went bad, it creates a bad combination.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Updated due to various circumstances from the past month.

Top 5.

5. Paper Mario: Thanks to the recent PM stage reveal, his chances are looking better. Still strongly support.
4. Issac: He has magic that's different from Robin's. They can totally make something cool with him.
3. Bandanna Dee: A spear user hasn't been done before. And there has to be a reason they made Dedede throw only Gordos now. I'm confident it's not only for Smash Run. As of this point, there's no Wii U exclusive thing like Smash Run. I don't see why they'd take off Waddle Dee from the move for something exclusive to one of the two games.
2. Shulk: There's no such thing as too many sword users.
1. Anna: This one feels rather hollow since Robin and Lucina pretty much 99% deconfirm her. But she still has my support nonetheless.

Least 5
5. Bowser Jr.: I used to support him back in the Pre-Brawl days. He was a pretty cool villain in Sunshine. But since Brawl, he's become nothing more than an obnoxious mid-boss. Sorry kid.
4. DK Rep: I don't love the series too much. No Dixie, no K.Rool. What does the K even stand for?...
3. Toad, Captain or otherwise: Ugh, just no. You can see me rant about him in the Nitpick Thread.
2. Krystal: I dunno just a blue naked fox thing looks weird. I'm cool with what she wears in Assault but people like to bring up the other outfit mostly. Cover yourself up, lady. There are children here.
1. Takamaru: Yeah, I'm glad he's deconfirmed. Who the hell is he? People are acting like Nintendo spat in their mouth or something cuz this guy's an AT. Who cares!

Potential DLC 5
I'm not hyping up DLC yet, but if the topic were to come up, here's what I'd say.

5. Anna: Hehe of course I'd have to pay for Anna to be playable. It makes too much sense.
4. Henry (from Codename STEAM): I for one am very excited for this game. It gives me an XCOM vibe that I love so much. And a steam based shooter guy would be awesome.
3. Rayman: Seriously, I'm ecstatic that he's even getting a trophy. It seems very unlikely he'll be playable so unless a miracle happens, put him for DLC.
2. Lana: I know it's stupid to support a one-off Zelda character (from a spin off, no less), but the more I see of her, the more I want her. She's what I'm most excited for with Hyrule Warriors. Cube magic and the Deku staff and leaf would be awesome moveset fuel. (And it's not like Toon Link is using the Deku Leaf or anything...) Plus, she's insanely cute.
1. Inkling: Splatoon has definitely won my heart. It was my favorite surprise from E3 and I barely even get excited for shooters. The squid and ink based mechanics would be totally unique, though maybe a bit too technical like Rosalina.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Most Wanted

1. Isaac - Golden Sun - I really cannot stress enough how much I want this guy. Pick any of the dozens of move sets you can pull from the game incredibly easily, he'll still be unique among the fighters, and still a blast to play.
2. Ridley - Metroid - All the hype got to me. Let's bring in the space dragon.
3. Bayonetta - Bayonetta - I think she'd play well, and could actually be implemented without much more trouble than Zero Suit Samus.
4. Paper Mario - Paper Mario - It'd be awesome to have a Mario clone that would play as differently as Paper Mario would have to. So much potential for unique moves, so much fun.
5. Nephenee - Fire Emblem - When it comes to spear wielders, forget Bandana Dee (sorry, Dee, I like you, but you are only second place when it comes to spear wielders). Give us the lady with the lance, the Valkyrie of Tellius, Nephenee. Bandana Dee may have a much better chance of getting in, but I would love Nephenee to make it in-game.

Least Wanted
1. Shulk - Xenoblade Chronicles - Nothing personal here. It's actually mostly because of this forum. I am sick to death of hearing "Shulk and Isaac can't both make it in", followed by "of the two, Shulk will definitely be the one to make it". It's really soured me to the character. Shulk, I'm sure you're a great guy, but if Isaac doesn't get in because of you, I am going to hate you forever.
2. Rayman - Rayman - Never really liked his design, never really enjoyed the games I played with him.
3. Dixie Kong - Donkey Kong Country - I am apparently the only person on the planet who doesn't like the designs for this series.
4. King K. Rool - Donkey Kong Country - See above.
5. Ghirahim - Legend of Zelda - Never really saw what all the hype was about this guy.

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
Most wanted:
1. Jeff - Represents a different aspect of the Mother series to the one already represented. Would happily have him over Lucas.
2. Captain Syrup - Female villain and a pirate, two things which are not at all present in the series. She's also just generally very uniquely designed, and comes from a fantastic series that deserves more representation in Smash.
3. Dixie - Most deserving as the third Donkey Kong rep, and could easily exist as a semi-clone of Diddy with her own unique traits.
4. Any Rhythm Heaven/Paradise rep - I'm really not too concerned which one it is, but I like the series a lot and any representation would be welcome.
5. Beyond that, I can't really think of anyone in particular. I'd like to see as many clones as possible to make the roster feel more expansive without too much to throw out balance, Characters like Proto Man, Ms. Pac-Man, or Dr. Mario would all be welcome additions.

Least wanted (Of characters that people seem to think have a chance):
1. Bowser Jr. - Annoying little ****, completely uninteresting character. Keep him as far away as possible.
2. Daisy - You'd have to be completely incapable of a creative thought to think she deserves a spot in Super Smash Bros, even as a clone she's just not deserving at all.
3. Isaac - I found Golden Sun completely generic and boring. Don't see any appeal in a generic JRPG character like this.
4. K. Rool - He's not an interesting villain and to include him after Retro's attempts to distance themselves from Rare and design their own unique villains would be a real slap to their faces.
5. Ridley - I wouldn't mind too much if they included Ridley but I feel like there's a certain fear that he's supposed to invoke and the changes that would be required for him to work as a character would probably deplete that too much.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Most Wanted

1.) Captain Toad: Toad has always been really important to the Mario series and he's becoming more differentiated through Captain Toad. Captain Toad is also just really cool and cute in the Galaxy games and 3D World. Every argument against him is pretty bogus as well.

2.) Wonder Red: Part of this is just to make my friend happy because he's obsessed with Wonder Red. Still, I also really like Wonder Red and Wonderful 101 was amazing. He actually plans on playing Little Mac, which I guess is the next best thing. :p

3.) Mona: Mona is just cool. We also both have backgrounds in pizza.

4.) Rayman: Rayman is one of the most original video game characters of all time imo. Him and his universe are both amazing and built completely independent from any other kind of fantasy world. His games are also fun.

5.) Bowser Jr.: If Captain Toad doesn't get in, I wouldn't mind seeing Bowser Jr. He has some interesting Mario weapons and some really cool paint brush abilities.

I Know They Won't Get In/DLC

1.) Dillon: Dillon is amazing and his moveset would be so much fun and easy to make. He already has a bunch of awesome moves from his games. There's also no eShop representation yet and I want to see more franchises being represented.

2.) Shantae: Shantae's never getting into this game because I'm pretty sure she's really only known in America. Even in America, she's not popular at all. She's a fantastic character but the situations surrounding her releases have been really unfortunate. Hopefully now that she has two new games in development that look spectacular, she might finally have a chance. Also, her character is (fantasy) middle eastern and a girl. The other content from her games such as characters and enemies would be fun to see represented in Smash too.

3.) Inkling: Another Nintendo IP being represented would be great. Especially since it's a competitive shooter and her moveset looks like it would be really awesome. However, she could probably cover any stage in like....2 seconds so I don't know how they could tone that down without taking away from her character.

4.) Any other AC Rep: Animal Crossing is super huge and there's a lot to be represented from it. What hasn't been represented or well enough represented in Villager's moveset so far are furniture, mayor duties, and fishing amongst some other things. There's also so much content in the AC games that there could be another moveset easily without overlapping.

5.) Quagsire: pls

Least Wanted

1.) Geno: I didn't really care about him in Super Mario RPG and he isn't relevant at all anymore. He's also part of the Mario franchise and that series has a million more important characters than Geno. Admittedly, he's really popular.

2.) Paper Mario: I actually love Paper Mario, but having more than one Mario weirds me out. I guess it would kind of balance out the Toon Link thing though. If Link gets one, then I guess Mario should too! It would be a cooler idea if Toon Link wasn't already a clone.

3.) Dark Pit: I just don't want to see another Kid Icarus character in Smash unless it's Medusa. Dark Pit seems kind of likely though.

4.) Any other characters from a third party company already represented in Smash.

5.) Bayonetta: She's not really important to Nintendo in specific.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Most Wanted

1.) Captain Toad: Toad has always been really important to the Mario series and he's becoming more differentiated through Captain Toad. Captain Toad is also just really cool and cute in the Galaxy games and 3D World. Every argument against him is pretty bogus as well.

2.) Wonder Red: Part of this is just to make my friend happy because he's obsessed with Wonder Red. Still, I also really like Wonder Red and Wonderful 101 was amazing. He actually plans on playing Little Mac, which I guess is the next best thing. :p

3.) Mona: Mona is just cool. We also both have backgrounds in pizza.

4.) Rayman: Rayman is one of the most original video game characters of all time imo. Him and his universe are both amazing and built completely independent from any other kind of fantasy world. His games are also fun.

5.) Bowser Jr.: If Captain Toad doesn't get in, I wouldn't mind seeing Bowser Jr. He has some interesting Mario weapons and some really cool paint brush abilities.

I Know They Won't Get In/DLC

1.) Dillon: Dillon is amazing and his moveset would be so much fun and easy to make. He already has a bunch of awesome moves from his games. There's also no eShop representation yet and I want to see more franchises being represented.

2.) Shantae: Shantae's never getting into this game because I'm pretty sure she's really only known in America. Even in America, she's not popular at all. She's a fantastic character but the situations surrounding her releases have been really unfortunate. Hopefully now that she has two new games in development that look spectacular, she might finally have a chance. Also, her character is (fantasy) middle eastern and a girl. The other content from her games such as characters and enemies would be fun to see represented in Smash too.

3.) Inkling: Another Nintendo IP being represented would be great. Especially since it's a competitive shooter and her moveset looks like it would be really awesome. However, she could probably cover any stage in like....2 seconds so I don't know how they could tone that down without taking away from her character.

4.) Any other AC Rep: Animal Crossing is super huge and there's a lot to be represented from it. What hasn't been represented or well enough represented in Villager's moveset so far are furniture, mayor duties, and fishing amongst some other things. There's also so much content in the AC games that there could be another moveset easily without overlapping.

5.) Quagsire: pls

Least Wanted

1.) Geno: I didn't really care about him in Super Mario RPG and he isn't relevant at all anymore. He's also part of the Mario franchise and that series has a million more important characters than Geno. Admittedly, he's really popular.

2.) Paper Mario: I actually love Paper Mario, but having more than one Mario weirds me out. I guess it would kind of balance out the Toon Link thing though. If Link gets one, then I guess Mario should too! It would be a cooler idea if Toon Link wasn't already a clone.

3.) Dark Pit: I just don't want to see another Kid Icarus character in Smash unless it's Medusa. Dark Pit seems kind of likely though.

4.) Any other characters from a third party company already represented in Smash.

5.) Bayonetta: She's not really important to Nintendo in specific.
Wonder red is actually a trophy although he could be an assist too

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Most Wanted

1. Isaac - Golden Sun - I really cannot stress enough how much I want this guy. Pick any of the dozens of move sets you can pull from the game incredibly easily, he'll still be unique among the fighters, and still a blast to play.
2. Ridley - Metroid - All the hype got to me. Let's bring in the space dragon.
3. Bayonetta - Bayonetta - I think she'd play well, and could actually be implemented without much more trouble than Zero Suit Samus.
4. Paper Mario - Paper Mario - It'd be awesome to have a Mario clone that would play as differently as Paper Mario would have to. So much potential for unique moves, so much fun.
5. Nephenee - Fire Emblem - When it comes to spear wielders, forget Bandana Dee (sorry, Dee, I like you, but you are only second place when it comes to spear wielders). Give us the lady with the lance, the Valkyrie of Tellius, Nephenee. Bandana Dee may have a much better chance of getting in, but I would love Nephenee to make it in-game.

Least Wanted
1. Shulk - Xenoblade Chronicles - Nothing personal here. It's actually mostly because of this forum. I am sick to death of hearing "Shulk and Isaac can't both make it in", followed by "of the two, Shulk will definitely be the one to make it". It's really soured me to the character. Shulk, I'm sure you're a great guy, but if Isaac doesn't get in because of you, I am going to hate you forever.
2. Rayman - Rayman - Never really liked his design, never really enjoyed the games I played with him.
3. Dixie Kong - Donkey Kong Country - I am apparently the only person on the planet who doesn't like the designs for this series.
4. King K. Rool - Donkey Kong Country - See above.
5. Ghirahim - Legend of Zelda - Never really saw what all the hype was about this guy.
Not as many people claim it has to be either Shulk or Isaac anymore. Hell, a lot of people in the Shulk thread support both. So don't throw Shulk under the bus if he gets in and Isaac doesn't.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Palutena's moves all being things she doesn't do is several kinds of wrong
And most of all the series only has three games, it shouldn't have more characters than something like DKC, which has 20 games.
Moves that Palutena doesn't do in her games? You do know that ness and Lucas don't do any of their moves in their games, their powers were stolen from Paula. And besides, Palutenas specials are actually HER powers that she grants Pit, so it actually DOES make sense for her to use them.
Also, the fact that she's only been in 3 games is irrelevant. She was one of the most requested characters to be in sm4sh. And, grenonja has been in less, Lucina and Robin have been in less, Ice Climbers have been in less, Game&Watch wasn't even a character before smash, Roy hadn't even been in a game when he got in melee, etc.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Not as many people claim it has to be either Shulk or Isaac anymore. Hell, a lot of people in the Shulk thread support both. So don't throw Shulk under the bus if he gets in and Isaac doesn't.
Why did they ever make that assertion, though? While they have some minor similarities in archetype themes (both being swordsmen who focus heavily on other abilities/magic) they would play completely differently.

I didn't say I'd hate Shulk if he made it in, I said I'd hate him if he cost Isaac his position. I don't think it's likely to happen, because the two would play really differently, but if it did...

Also, this is a "Least Wanted" not a "Keep Out". I may not want these characters a lot, but they are at least ones I want somewhat. Unlike some of the other random suggestions like Birdo, which doesn't even make the list.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Need to be in:
1. K. Rool- long overdue for a Smash appearance. Best Nintendo villain.
2. Dixie Kong- Donkey Kong needs 4 reps to not be outshined by Fire Emblem. Who else would a 4th DK rep be?
3. Ridley- Metroid needs another rep. Who else would it be? I'm not sure if he'll be in, but he definitely needs to be in.
4. Sami- would be a good replacement for Snake. Would add more variety to the roster in terms of franchises being represented. Cool character all around.
5. Mewtwo- keep out Jigglypuff, bring back the magnificent Mewtwo. Much cooler pokemon.

No, just no. Get out:
5. Ghirahim- Zelda doesn't need 6 reps. Just bring back Ganondorf to make 5 and that's enough. Only been in one game.
4. Shulk- has only been in 1 game so far and it doesn't look like he'll be coming back anytime soon because he's not in the new Xenoblade game. Others deserve a newcomer spot more than him.
3. Bowser Jr.- please, no more Mario.
2. Captain Toad- I think we have enough characters who fight despite not being fighters. Also, no more Mario.
1. Dark Pit- he's pretty much just Pit with different clothes in Uprising anyway. That's what he should be in Smash 4.

EDIT: Most wanted character that will most likely not get in: Ryu- has a moveset that fits perfectly for Smash. Would pave the way for a Nintendo vs. Capcom fighting game which I would pay any price for with all the BS dlc. Probably not gonna be in Smash because Capcom won't likely have 2 reps and Ryu doesn't have much relevance to Nintendo other than a Street Fighter 2 port for Super NES and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom on the Wii.

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Need to be in:
!. K. Rool- long overdue for a Smash appearance. Best Nintendo villain.
2. Dixie Kong- Donkey Kong needs 4 reps to not be outshined by Fire Emblem. Who else would a 4th DK rep be?
3. Ridley- Metroid needs another rep. Who else would it be? I'm not sure if he'll be in, but he definitely needs to be in.
4. Mewtwo- keep out Jigglypuff, bring back the magnificent Mewtwo. Much cooler pokemon.
5. Whatever, I don't care.

No, just no. Get out:
5. Ghirahim- Zelda doesn't need 6 reps. Just bring back Ganondorf to make 5 and that's enough. Only been in one game.
4. Shulk- has only been in 1 game so far and it doesn't look like he'll be coming back anytime soon because he's not in the new Xenoblade game. Others deserve a newcomer spot more than him.
3. Bowser Jr.- please, no more Mario.
2. Captain Toad- I think we have enough characters who fight despite not being fighters. Also, no more Mario.
1. Dark Pit- he's pretty much just Pit with different clothes in Uprising anyway. That's what he should be in Smash 4.
That "one game" was a surprise high-seller that won several awards. And Marth was only in a few games when Melee came out, and hell, Red/Blue/Green had only been out for a couple of years when Smash 64 was released. Shulk more than deserves his inevitable spot.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
That "one game" was a surprise high-seller that won several awards. And Marth was only in a few games when Melee came out, and hell, Red/Blue/Green had only been out for a couple of years when Smash 64 was released. Shulk more than deserves his inevitable spot.
I see it my way, you see it your way.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Most Wanted:
3) Falco. My favorite fighter in both Melee and Brawl.
2) Advance Wars character. Preferably Sami, but Andy would do. For a series with so many games, it had barely and presence in Brawl.
1) Isaac (or Matthew) from Golden Sun. I love that series and Isaac has a ton of moveset potential.

Least Wanted:
*) More Star Fox characters. Maybe swap out Wolf for Krystal, but we really don't need four Star Fox characters.
*) More Kirby characters. Kirby, Dedede and Meta Knight are perfect representation as-is.
*) More Mother characters. Ness and Lucas are enough. For a small, finished series, it's got a lot of representation as it is. Give other series that chance.
*) More third-party characters (I'm looking at you, Rayman). We've got more than enough third-party characters and I'd rather the time and effort go into Nintendo franchises instead.
*) Ridley. He's a boss. He works better as a boss. I hope he continues to reprise his role as a boss in future games.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Most Wanted
1. Bandana Dee- Kirby deserves 4 reps. Who better to be the fourth than Bandana Dee. His inclusion would complete the team of 4 from RTD. Plus a spear. We've never seen one in Smash Bros. That would add something totally new to the game. Bandana Dee must be in the game or I will rage.
2. Leon Powalski- Leon is to Falco as Wolf is to Fox. I just really want him in Smash Bros. With a little creativity, a moveset for him can be superb.
3. Dark Pit- I don't care if he would be a clone. He's cool and would make for a great character
4. 9-Volt- Smash Bros is a celebration of everything Nintendo. 9-Volt loves everything Nintendo. Need I say more?
5. Poo- Earthbound could use a newcomer. Why not Poo?

Least Wanted
5. Shulk- Originally I loved the idea of Shulk in Smash, but all the hype I would have had for him is gone. I don't even want him anymore. Thanks Miiverse
4. No more Mario or Fire Emblem characters, unless it's Bowser Jr.
3. Chorus Kids- They can sing. That's it. They can't fight at all. Also if it weren't for the Gematsu leak, no one would care about them.
2. Krystal- Overhyped as heck. Everyone says “She'd be the first non clone Starfox character” Falco and Wolf aren't clones. I really don't want Krystal in Smash Bros. Leon, Peppy, Slippy, even Pigma would be better than her. She isn't even a Starfox original. She wasn't in the N64 version. Add the originals before Krystal
1. Ridley- Ridley, Ridley, Ridley. I'm not going into detail. You don't want me to go into detail. I'm just going to say He's TOO BIG and he's a stage boss

Characters I'd love to see in but I know they probably won't be included
Shadow, Sora, Neku, Henry

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I see some Bandana Dee supporters hating the Space dragon, and as a fan of both I just want to say this:
Hearing the too big argument to Ridley supporters.
Is the same as the "Bandana Dee is just a Waddle Dee with a Bandana" argument.
For Ridley fans hating Bandana Dee, it's vice versa.

Last edited:

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice
This seems fun
Most Wanted
5.) Mach Rider: Never played too much of this game but I'd like to see what Sakurai could do with this character, this spot was taken by Takamaru before his deconfirmation
4.) Ridley: Just getting into Metroid and I would love more representation especially for a villain but I'm far from confident of his role
3.) Shulk: Hoping to get Xenoblade with money I get for my birthday and what I've seen of him so far looks pretty cool
2.) King K Rool: Like Metroid I am only just becoming a fan of this series and I would love more characters for it especially the King
1.) Isaac: Not the most likely on this list, but my favourite and with a new game in his series since Brawl maybe it isn't impossible
Least Wamted
Besides characters like Goku who have no place in Smash I am fine with anyone else added to this game I doubt there is a character Sakurai could add that would upset me at this point. Wii Fit Trainer looked dumb but is really an interesting idea and Rosalina and the Villager both were odd choices but have since gotten me very hyped so bring it on, but if it's part of the rules to have least wanted
5.) Oversaturation of Kid Icarus Uprising: KIU was one of my favourite games ever but I hope Sakurai doesn't give it too much love
4.) I don't especially want anymore wacky characters like Game and Watch ROB or WFT Sakurai could easily make me love them but there are many other characters that I would prefer
3.) More than one rep for 3rd party reps Megaman is in my top 10 favourite series and a Protoman or Roll character would be awesome but unless it somehow is bought by Nintendo 1 rep is fine same for Sonic and Pacman
2.) Snake, sorry guys no matter what I can't appreciate Snake in Smash I would rather have Simon Belmont that said if he returns I will be overjoyed for the fans of his series
1.) This is the only part of my bottom 5 that I would actually be mad about if they were in the game (I'm not including characters that aren't affiliated with Nintendo) and that is transforming characters. I hated them in Brawl and was so glad to hear Sheik Charizard and ZSS are their own characters now I don't want any new ones ever!
Even if any characters from these past 5 were added except trensfromers I would be thrilled so really this is a bottom 1 least favourite lol!
Honourable mentions: Dillon Takamaru Wonder Red Goku (from yuyuki not DBZ it would be hilarious to announce but I won't care if he's in the game or not) and Bowser JR (I don't see him as very likely
Sorry for the wall of text!

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
Moves that Palutena doesn't do in her games? You do know that ness and Lucas don't do any of their moves in their games, their powers were stolen from Paula. And besides, Palutenas specials are actually HER powers that she grants Pit, so it actually DOES make sense for her to use them.
Also, the fact that she's only been in 3 games is irrelevant. She was one of the most requested characters to be in sm4sh. And, grenonja has been in less, Lucina and Robin have been in less, Ice Climbers have been in less, Game&Watch wasn't even a character before smash, Roy hadn't even been in a game when he got in melee, etc.
You have a point at the beginning with Ness and Lucas.
However, that's about where it ends. Just because Palutena has been in more games than several other Smash characters doesn't make her deserve the slot. Greninja, Lucina, and Roy don't deserve spots in my eyes, pretty much for the reasons you stated. However, everything else there has a good reason to be in. Ice Climbers and Game and Watch represent games from Nintendos past, and are the only representative those two franchises need. Robin is most likely there to have a relevant character who can show a weapon type in Fire Emblem besides swords, which was becoming a complaint from both Smash fans and Fire Emblem fans. Palutena isn't justified just because she's popular. If all popular characters got in, things would be very, very different in the Smash roster, and probably for the worse. Pit was all that Kid Icarus needed to represent that point in Nintendo's history, but Palutena got in because apparently now Sakurai likes to play favorites, and that's wrong.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Most Wanted:

-King K.Rool (Most iconic antagonist of the DK franchise, should have a roster spot)
-Ridley (Main antagonist and second most important and iconic character of Metroid)
-Chibi-Robo (Highly unlikely, but the protagonist of one of the most underrated Nintendo's masterpieces ever)
-Mewtwo (The most iconic legendary Pokemon should have a roster spot)
-Isaac (Golden Sun should have playable representation)

Least Wanted:

-Dark Pit (Boss or Pit's skin/recolor, no more unnecessary clones)
-Bandana Dee (Don't see the appeal in a Waddle Dee with a bandana and a spear anywhere)
-Dixie Kong (Unless K.Rool makes the cut, I don't want another monkey to represent DK)
-Geno (I don't even know what that thing is)
-Anime characters like Goku and Naruto (like.. seriously..)

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
You have a point at the beginning with Ness and Lucas.
However, that's about where it ends. Just because Palutena has been in more games than several other Smash characters doesn't make her deserve the slot. Greninja, Lucina, and Roy don't deserve spots in my eyes, pretty much for the reasons you stated. However, everything else there has a good reason to be in. Ice Climbers and Game and Watch represent games from Nintendos past, and are the only representative those two franchises need. Robin is most likely there to have a relevant character who can show a weapon type in Fire Emblem besides swords, which was becoming a complaint from both Smash fans and Fire Emblem fans. Palutena isn't justified just because she's popular. If all popular characters got in, things would be very, very different in the Smash roster, and probably for the worse. Pit was all that Kid Icarus needed to represent that point in Nintendo's history, but Palutena got in because apparently now Sakurai likes to play favorites, and that's wrong.
He's adding characters to many franchises. He added Rosalina, is he biased towards Mario? Many people said Mario didn't need another rep. He's not biased for that. He added a new Pokemon, and did a double feature trailer that took an insane amount of work. Is he biased towards Pokemon? No. He added two fire emblem characters, when almost everyone only considered 1. Is he biased towards fire emblem? No. He added Palutena, a heavily requested, popular female character, who is a huge part in a newly revived series that is one if the best selling 3ds games. She's justified. Adding her is not biased. Yes, the huge amount of smash run enemies from KIU seems biased. But Palutenas inclusion was not biased.

Last edited:

Smash_Handle69

Smash Apprentice
Most Wanted
1. Isaac- Golden Sun is one of my favorite RPGs, and Isaac has a really great design that matches the Smash 4 aesthetic, imo. He also has so much moveset potential, and I've never seen a fan-made moveset for him that does him justice, so I'd like to see the Smash Team make a truly viable moveset that's representative of his series, just to see how cool it would be.
2. Ridley- He deserved to be in since Melee. 'Nuff said.
3. Mewtwo- He deserved to stay in since Melee. 'Nuff said.
4. Sceptile- I don't think he'll be getting in, but I can always dream. I'd love for the elemental trio to be filled out again, and Sceptile's the only one that would fill that niche well. His moveset would definitely be cool, too.
5. Impa- I love her Hyrule Warriors design, and think that she'd make a really interesting addition to the roster, but I'm highly skeptical she'll get in; it's just that Hyrule Warriors is too new. The roster was determined long ago, after all.

Least Wanted
1. Bayonetta- It's nothing against her character or her fans, personally, it's just that I don't think she deserves a spot. Same goes for nearly every 3rd Party character besides the current 3. Also, she doesn't really seem to fit the theme of the game this time around; at least Snake did for Brawl.
2. Dark Pit- I really just don't want another KI:U character in this game. I really do like the idea of adding Palutena, and Pit is definitely bearable. But anyone else? And a straight-up Clone at that? No thanks. I'd rather he be a alt color for Pit, like in Brawl. That was cool. I just don't want a clone of Pit, since I don't really like Pit's moveset and playstyle to much to begin with; another one is just overkill.
3. Krystal- I know several people want her in the game, and it's nothing against those people at all. I just don't like her design, it looks really off to me. The same goes for any of the Star Fox characters from the Gamecube games, though: they look awful, imo. I wouldn't mind her inclusion as much as others may, but I definitely don't want to have to see her all the time if she ends up looking like s***. Also, if she takes a spot from another Star Fox character, I think it'd be a real shame.
4. Ghirahim- This guy is just weird and creepy. I know that's the point, but I just can't dig his style. It was too Japanese for me, and that's saying something. He also felt tacked on and gimmicky when you fight him, and I never really enjoyed Skyward Sword that much besides. He just lacked the charisma for me that he had for other people. I think there's definitely a decent chance of him getting in, but I'm not looking forward to it. At least he'll be representing a game/series that's currently relevant.
5. Any Rhythm Heaven Rep- I don't think they deserve a spot. It's definitely just a personal bias, though. I don't have any reasoning other than that. At least I won't be angry or disgusted if they get in, they're just one of my least wanted: I just want them less than I want other characters. I'm mostly indifferent to them, though.

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
He's adding characters to many franchises. He added Rosalina, is he biased towards Mario? Many people said Mario didn't need another rep. He's not biased for that. He added a new Pokemon, and did a double feature trailer that took an insane amount of work. Is he biased towards Pokemon? No. He added two fire emblem characters, when almost everyone only considered 1. Is he biased towards fire emblem? No. He added Palutena, a heavily requested, popular female character, who is a huge part in a newly revived series that is one if the best selling 3ds games. She's justified. Adding her is not biased. Yes, the huge amount of smash run enemies from KIU seems biased. But Palutenas inclusion was not biased.
Rosalina isn't out of a bias towards Mario, Mario is the mascot of nintendo, so it deserves an extra character. The people that try to say it doesn't are simply wrong. The same case for Pokemon, even if I have immense distaste for Greninja. Lucina is hardly harmful to the roster because she is a clone, and clones take almost no time to make. Palutena does not deserve to be in because, of the three Kid Icarus games, only one was ever successful. It shows a bias because that one successful game just so happens to be Uprising, a game made by Sakurai.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Most Wanted:

-King K.Rool
-Ridley
-Chibi-Robo
-Mewtwo
-Isaac

Least Wanted:

-Dark Pit
-Bandana Dee
-Dixie Kong
-Geno
-Anime characters like Goku and Naruto (like.. seriously..)
Two of your my most wanted are your least wanted:sadeyes:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Rosalina isn't out of a bias towards Mario, Mario is the mascot of nintendo, so it deserves an extra character. The people that try to say it doesn't are simply wrong. The same case for Pokemon, even if I have immense distaste for Greninja. Lucina is hardly harmful to the roster because she is a clone, and clones take almost no time to make. Palutena does not deserve to be in because, of the three Kid Icarus games, only one was ever successful. It shows a bias because that one successful game just so happens to be Uprising, a game made by Sakurai.
You act like you are all knowing in who 'deserves' to be in smash. Just because you don't like her doesn't mean she doesn't deserve to be in, yes Sakurai made Uprising, he's probably proud of how well it did, so obviously he will incorporate uprising stuff in smash. But besides that, people would've complained more if she DIDNT get in, because she was one of the most requested characters. Besides, character representation is not based off of how games sell, it's based more off of the unique factor and who sakurai thinks the fans of the game will enjoy playing as

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
MOST WANTED:
5: Shulk

4: Toon Gannon

3: Sceptile

2: Isaac

1: Bandana Dee

LEAST WANTED:
5: Ridley

4: Any 3rd party

3: Paper Mario

2: Dixie Kong

1: Jigglypuff

Last edited:

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
You act like you are all knowing in who 'deserves' to be in smash. Just because you don't like her doesn't mean she doesn't deserve to be in, yes Sakurai made Uprising, he's probably proud of how well it did, so obviously he will incorporate uprising stuff in smash. But besides that, people would've complained more if she DIDNT get in, because she was one of the most requested characters. Besides, character representation is not based off of how games sell, it's based more off of the unique factor and who sakurai thinks the fans of the game will enjoy playing as
I'm not saying she doesn't deserve her spot because I don't like her, I'm saying she doesn't deserve her spot because Kid icarus is relatively a miniscule series, yet its getting this much dev time dedicated to it because of one very good game. I'm not saying there shouldn't be uprising representation in Smash, I'm saying Pit, some smash run enemies, and some items would suffice. Palutena was going too far, and giving her as many custom moves as she has is going even further. If either of us is being elitist, it's you. Palutena never had the biggest support base, there are many characters that had just as much, if not more fans than her. Her not being included would not have been the end of the world. And to say that Palutena was picked for her uniqueness factor is the biggest load I've ever heard in my life. All of Palutena's moves were made up, and the things she does could have just as easily been custom moves for pit.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I'm not saying she doesn't deserve her spot because I don't like her, I'm saying she doesn't deserve her spot because Kid icarus is relatively a miniscule series, yet its getting this much dev time dedicated to it because of one very good game. I'm not saying there shouldn't be uprising representation in Smash, I'm saying Pit, some smash run enemies, and some items would suffice. Palutena was going too far, and giving her as many custom moves as she has is going even further. If either of us is being elitist, it's you. Palutena never had the biggest support base, there are many characters that had just as much, if not more fans than her. Her not being included would not have been the end of the world. And to say that Palutena was picked for her uniqueness factor is the biggest load I've ever heard in my life. All of Palutena's moves were made up, and the things she does could have just as easily been custom moves for pit.
Hey now, you're acting like Palutena took the spot of a character that deserved it more. Until the entire roster has been shown, you can't talk like that.

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
Hey now, you're acting like Palutena took the spot of a character that deserved it more. Until the entire roster has been shown, you can't talk like that.
I know full well that there's still room on the roster. I also know that we can expect around 16 characters to be hidden until Japanese release. However, there's many, many IPs that have either yet to be represented, or need more recognition. I think that we should prioritize those before needlessly catering to the fans that particularly like Sakurai's work. Palutena is the only addition that I feel truly does not deserve a slot whatsoever. Even my least favorite character to ever be in Smash, Greninja, at least represents a large sect of the Pokemon fandom and somewhat deserves to be in on that factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom