• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 5 Most Hated Charectors to Go Against?

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
You guys are both idiots..

Sol, just because you are a noob, doesn't mean you need to post everywhere every five minutes. I have had an account since February, but I have been going to Smashboards since early 2011. You don't need to post so much to the point of getting attacked.

FoxBlaze, he's not a competitive player yet, get over it. The last thing someone like him needs is an *******. If he got the impression that everyone was against him, what would be a reason for him to go to a tournament? I know that I won't win tournaments, I go because the people are cool and they are fun in general.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I'm not against him, I'm against his ideas. Moreover, you have ****ed up ideas when it comes to tournaments. If you don't win, then play experienced players and ask their advice until you do. What's the point of spending money on tourneys when you're just going to be ***** by better players? Oh, I'm sorry, I never acknowledged how fun it is to lose money and place badly.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Only proving my point..

And I go to tournaments because I like the people, I could care less about losing ten bucks every couple of weeks, I have a job for that. I'm not going to nationals anytime soon, but if I want to find skilled players, a tournament is the place to go. Learning the general tournament mindset is also of importance.

And if I have to ask advice, they obviously have more skill than me and I would thusly lose, so that logic is a bit flawed. I play the game for enjoyment, not to make money.

All I'm saying is ease off on the a**hattery

:phone:

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
My main's worst matchup and everyone hates him in general

He's hard to approach, His camping game is freaking good because he'll throw pikmin at you and while you try to jab them away since the shield wont work unless he throws a purple pikmin, he'll run in and either hit you with his fast smashes, hit you with his F-air or go for a good ranged grab.

Once you get grabbed its all over and they can be hard to avoid unless you play on stages that have enough platforms or CP into stages like brinstar and RC.

Can be really hard to approach and he's frustrating to play because he can camp all day and trap you with his boomerang+bomb(s)+chain, bair, nair or u-smash.

Her Dair is spammable, Her turnips are annoying, Her combos are gay, she can be hard to approach, she's hard to edgehog because her umbrella has hitboxes, and she's broken online.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
its pretty interesting to see who hates what and then compare it to their SWF join date!
And also their reasons for hating a character.

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
its pretty interesting to see who hates what and then compare it to their SWF join date!
And also their reasons for hating a character.
I actually started competitive brawl in late 2010 (around october) its just that this wasn't the site I used to hang out.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
I started playing Super Turbo when I was 2.

I never regret that I spent my childhood playing video games.
I wasn't even walking or talking back then, but blame my idiot biological parents for that crap.

And if you saw my mother back then, your nut of a brain would consider her a hippie (minus the crack).

You guys are both idiots... THANK you!

Sol, just because you are a noob, doesn't mean you need to post everywhere every five minutes. It's called "Freedom of Speech" but it's more like "Privlidge to talk non-stop and bicker like an idiot" ammendment. :troll: I have had an account since February, but I have been going to Smashboards since early 2011. You don't need to post so much to the point of getting attacked. But I get attacked for my opinion, not for posting more then a middle-aged blogger living on his parent's couch.

FoxBlaze, he's not a competitive player yet, get over it. The last thing someone like him needs is an *******. If he got the impression that everyone was against him, what would be a reason for him to go to a tournament? I know that I won't win tournaments, I go because the people are cool and they are fun in general. You win an Internet
I'm not against him, I'm against his ideas. What ideas, specifcly? Moreover, you have ****ed up ideas when it comes to tournaments. If you don't win, then play experienced players and ask their advice until you do. What I plan on doing. What's the point of spending money on tourneys when you're just going to be ***** by better players? Oh, I'm sorry, I never acknowledged how fun it is to lose money and place badly.
Only proving my point..

And I go to tournaments because I like the people, I could care less about losing ten bucks every couple of weeks, I have a job for that. I'm not going to nationals anytime soon, but if I want to find skilled players, a tournament is the place to go. Learning the general tournament mindset is also of importance.

And if I have to ask advice, they obviously have more skill than me and I would thusly lose, so that logic is a bit flawed. I play the game for enjoyment, not to make money. SAME HERE.

My thoughts exactly

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Only proving my point..

And if I have to ask advice, they obviously have more skill than me and I would thusly lose, so that logic is a bit flawed. I play the game for enjoyment, not to make money.

LOL. Smash is a great way to make money. Lots of people think they're good at it, and it's high time to hustle some *****es. Besides, you don't just ask advice, you ask after a defeat what you could have done better, and how to practice doing whatever it is right. Or, just be an annoying casualfag and ***** about people who take winning and losing seriously.

My older brother taught me Super Turbo and eventually Third Strike as I grew up. And damn, am I glad he instilled a competitive mindset in my head rather than one that doesn't take being an awful player seriously.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
LOL. Smash is a great way to make money. Lots of people think they're good at it, and it's high time to hustle some *****es. Besides, you don't just ask advice, you ask after a defeat what you could have done better, and how to practice doing whatever it is right. Or, just be an annoying casualfag and ***** about people who take winning and losing seriously.

My older brother taught me Super Turbo and eventually Third Strike as I grew up. And damn, am I glad he instilled a competitive mindset in my head rather than one that doesn't take being an awful player seriously.
You really aren't helping your point. Making assumptions out of nothing. No **** smash is a great way to make money, but that doesn't need to be the only motivation for playing. I'm not *****ing, you're just being a bit too much of an ***. Like ease off a bit. There's a difference between correcting someone and assaulting someone.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Olimar: 197 (52)
MK: 131 (40)
ICs: 126 (35)
Falco: 73.5 (25)
Snake: 68 (24)
Peach: 66 (20)
Marth: 62.5 (20)
Diddy: 62 (22)
DDD: 54.5 (18)
TL: 44 (17)
Pika: 34 (12)
GW: 34 (13)
Sonic: 32 (11)
Luigi: 28 (9)
ROB: 24.5 (6)
Pit: 23.333 (11)
Yoshi: 21 (6)
Fox: 16.5 (5)
Wario: 16 (9)
Kirby: 14 (4)
Jiggs: 13.5 (5)
Ike: 13 (4)
Wolf: 11.5 (6)
Ganon: 11 (4)
Samus: 9.333 (5)
ZSS: 8 (5)
Lucario: 7.333 (5)
PT(Squirtle): 6 (4)
Mario: 6 (3)
Lucas: 4 (1)
Sheik: 1 (1)
Zelda: 1 (1)
Falcon: 1 (1)

Updated, kept the same ranking system as roller and took into account refined lists.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
Besides, you don't just ask advice, you ask after a defeat what you could have done better, and how to practice doing whatever it is right.
I try to do this. Guess where it gets me. NO WHERE. No matter who I lose to or what I'm playing, they say I "did okay" or some crap like that. So guess what? CPUs only, Chuck Testa. Because Iam sick and tired of playing idiots who beat me anyway.

You really aren't helping your point. Making assumptions out of nothing. No **** smash is a great way to make money, but that doesn't need to be the only motivation for playing. I'm not *****ing, you're just being a bit too much of an ***. Like ease off a bit. There's a difference between correcting someone and assaulting someone.
MY POINT EXACTLY :mad:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
No, it doesn't. Just going to socialize is pretty much a meaningless motive in tournaments. MOST people go to tournaments to win, place well, and rise as a competitive player. Although, Brawl's anti-serious player undercurrent (perhaps more of a riptide) pretty much nullifies those thoughts anyway. Get to the GFs? TOO ****ING BAD. SAKURAI DECIDED YOU SHOULD TRIP IN FRONT OF AN MK PLAYER. Get a gay counterpick stage even though you far outclass your opponent? TOO MOTHER****ING BAD. IF THE STAGE DIDN'T SCREW YOU OR YOUR CHARACTER OVER, THEIR CAMPING/SHARKING/HIT AND RUNNING WILL.

I try to do this. Guess where it gets me. NO WHERE. No matter who I lose to or what I'm playing, they say I "did okay" or some crap like that. So guess what? CPUs only, Chuck Testa. Because Iam sick and tired of playing idiots who beat me anyway.
Interesting. You have said in other posts that you just play CPUs, correct? Anyway, they MUST be idiots if they can read, gimp, tech, DI, punish, outplay, and know more about the game in general than you.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
No, it doesn't. Just going to socialize is pretty much a meaningless motive in tournaments.

I um.
Ok so this is probably a rare case, but I started going to tourneys to overcome my shyness. I was borderline hikikomori and needed an excuse to get out of the house and meet people, so I picked up competitive brawl so i'd get use to being around big crowds of people. :>

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
No, it doesn't. Just going to socialize is pretty much a meaningless motive in tournaments. MOST people go to tournaments to win, place well, and rise as a competitive player. Although, Brawl's anti-serious player undercurrent (perhaps more of a riptide) pretty much nullifies those thoughts anyway. Get to the GFs? TOO ****ING BAD. SAKURAI DECIDED YOU SHOULD TRIP IN FRONT OF AN MK PLAYER. Get a gay counterpick stage even though you far outclass your opponent? TOO MOTHER****ING BAD. IF THE STAGE DIDN'T SCREW YOU OR YOUR CHARACTER OVER, THEIR CAMPING/SHARKING/HIT AND RUNNING WILL.
Once again with the assumptions. I don't go only to socialize, otherwise I wouldn't enter. And if you don't want to play on the stage, ban it. And there's a reason people are trying other rulesets other than unity.. And if you truly believe that people only go to tournaments to win, you need to get out more. That is false for everything except top level play and maybe Nationals.

And Sunny, you definitely aren't the only one.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm the same as sunny is.

And just winning money without even socializing? That wouldn't make much sense.
What's a community without socializing? Tell me that, fox. I would love to hear it.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord

I um.
Ok so this is probably a rare case, but I started going to tourneys to overcome my shyness. I was borderline hikikomori and needed an excuse to get out of the house and meet people, so I picked up competitive brawl so i'd get use to being around big crowds of people. :>
Then good for you.

Once again with the assumptions. I don't go only to socialize, otherwise I wouldn't enter. And if you don't want to play on the stage, ban it. And there's a reason people are trying other rulesets other than unity.. And if you truly believe that people only go to tournaments to win, you need to get out more. That is false for everything except top level play and maybe Nationals.

And Sunny, you definitely aren't the only one.
It's not an assumption. I am just an ultra-competitive person. It may not be an overriding motive for most people, but placing badly and getting ***** isn't a motive for most either.

I'm the same as sunny is.

And just winning money without even socializing? That wouldn't make much sense.
What's a community without socializing? Tell me that, fox. I would love to hear it.
A utopian view.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Really. This forum is a Smash forum. I come here to discuss Smash. I don't want to talk about a character matchup and someone who is questioning their sexuality in the same thread. Relevant conversation is my aim, but I really don't care about personal issues. Feelings are gay.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Words cannot express how dumb I find it that you would even bother going to a thread like this if you were uninterested in character matchups.

Sol was relevant, maybe not to the pompous attitude that you have, but he hates playing against those characters, thats his opinion and he has every right to have it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
1. MK - i wanted him banned :/
2. IC - hate what they turn the game into
3. Olimar - cause he's dumb
4. Snake - personal bad MU of mine
5. Peach - why do i always run into her :[?

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
If you guys want to discuss feelings/sexuality/scrubyness/****/GTFO then there are threads for that, otherwise there are private messages as well. This thread is to discuss which characters give you cancer everytime you play against them, not which kind of person gives you cancer.

1. Metaknight: spam b :troll:
2. Snake: I have explosives :troll:
3. Marth: I have fair :troll:
4. Peach: I'm a ***** :troll:
5. Olimar Herp :troll:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Words cannot express how dumb I find it that you would even bother going to a thread like this if you were uninterested in character matchups.

Sol was relevant, maybe not to the pompous attitude that you have, but he hates playing against those characters, thats his opinion and he has every right to have it.

I said I don't like threads that turn from a serious topic into a random social. Never did I mention this thread, I was just making an example.

And face it. Treating Tabuu as an actual MU is beyond dumb.

If you guys want to discuss feelings/sexuality/scrubyness/****/GTFO then there are threads for that, otherwise there are private messages as well. This thread is to discuss which characters give you cancer everytime you play against them, not which kind of person gives you cancer.

I originally only mentioned that it was laughable Tabuu is a "character". Then Sol dragged it down from there and ****, THAT ****ING FOXBLAZE BE HATING ON THEM SCRUBS!

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
5. Only for scrubs.
4. Still not an actual character to play against.
3. Someone is sloppy at approaching.
2. Learn to SDI
1. Someone hasn't learned a certain MU.
Yep, he definitely attacked you, what was I ever thinking.

But everyone above is right, this is not a thread for pointless arguments, if you want to respons to this, then you can have the last word. I'm gonna stick to trying to advance the metagame and helping others become a part of it, not getting stuck on people like you.

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
I have to give Foxblaze some reason, he is basically stating that this thread deviated from it's original purpose, which it did. Still he did not choose the correct method to address it. Just keep the discussion to multiplayer focused characters, and avoid discussing random stuff, keep the topic on track please.

I um.
holy crap a hikkikomori? that's a lot to say you know

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Yep, he definitely attacked you, what was I ever thinking.

But everyone above is right, this is not a thread for pointless arguments, if you want to respons to this, then you can have the last word. I'm gonna stick to trying to advance the metagame and helping others become a part of it, not getting stuck on people like you.

You're wrong. That was not my original respose. It was a link to a YT video and a mild reproval. Sol always gets the " He's only 13" defense from soft-hearted **** around here, but most realize he's just a troll who does best to create degenerate arguments and threads. Most of his reasoning was just "I'm a noob, I can't do this key basic in Smash, I'm going call this character OP and gay".

I have to give Foxblaze some reason, he is basically stating that this thread deviated from it's original purpose, which it did. Still he did not choose the correct method to address it. Just keep the discussion to multiplayer focused characters, and avoid discussing random stuff, keep the topic on track please.

holy crap a hikkikomori? that's a lot to say you know
I'm a confrontational person. I don't like to see threads filled with posts that are just blatant stupidity, and will address it. I may have been harsh, but that's not the point here.

Hikkikomori is really just a recluse who spends all day on the internet/video game console/reading manga. Not a huge significance.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
You're wrong. That was not my original respose. It was a link to a YT video and a mild reproval. Sol always gets the " He's only 13" defense from soft-hearted **** around here, but most realize he's just a troll who does best to create degenerate arguments and threads. Hold on, how come you called me a 13-year-old irate back in the day when I was new? Did I suddenly grow 5 years over the course of 5 months? I don't think so... Oh well, Figures that you think "On The Internet, all kids are really undercover police officers..." :( Most of his reasoning was just "I'm a noob, I can't do this key basic Because my mindset is apparently not fit to be a gamer in your eyes... in Smash, I'm going call this character OP Not Overpowered. Annoying and gay Offensive to Gay People".

Hikkikomori is really just a recluse who spends all day on the internet/video game console/reading manga. Not a huge significance. Does Age Matter With This?
Okay, seriously who is doctor cheese? Nevermind, I'll figure it out myself...

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Since when is something you couldn't learn w/o the internet a key basic?
Since everyone isn't a bad player.

I main the most broken of all. Stop Lying".
That just makes you sound like more of a ******* for calling other characters OP.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
[COLLAPSE="The conversation"]

Number 5- Tied between Jigglypuff and Wolf
These two took forever to unlock! Shameful...

Number 4- Tabuu
ComeoncomeoncomeonI'mgonnagetyouassoonasyoustopteleporting--
Butterfly 1HKO? Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Number 3- Ganondorf
His attacks are so bulky I get sent flying as Sonic. And the worst part: I'm getting toyed with by a woss! (Low Tier)

Number 2- Mr. Game & Watch
He's so figity and 8-bit and it drives me insane! And even then he's frustrating to KO because his attacks... GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Number 1- R.O.B.
... A Robot that wasn't even loved back in the day, with an infuriating moveset which is pretty much a trollface in Smash-form tied to a cheating AI...
Sakuraaaaaaaaai!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiBWAlLKEp0&feature=related

So goddamn hard.....

This was taped about 12 days after Brawl's American release.
I should put it lower on the list then... Is that what you want?
There's more issues, but I don't think I can handle that much stupidity.

This is about personal MUs you struggle with, not about characters you find to be OP.
I removed half. Complete anylysys?
5. Only for scrubs.
4. Still not an actual character to play against.
3. Someone is sloppy at approaching.
2. Learn to SDI
1. Someone hasn't learned a certain MU.
5. Only for scrubs. I was a noob before coming to smash. What did you expect!?!
4. Still not an actual character to play against. It is, however, a boss fight. Which is still a struggle anyways
3. Someone is sloppy at approaching. All newbies are failures when it comes to approaching. Unless you plan on teaching me yourself, your criticisms are pointless and will amount to NOTHING.
2. Learn to SDI Lazy. Say the whole phrase. But more importantly, if you want something done right, do it yourself
1. Someone hasn't learned a certain MU. Time to rock a wiki
[/COLLAPSE]
Conversation for you. He asked if he should just remove it, and then you criticize everything else. This is his least favorite matchups, who gives a **** who they are. I understand the Tabuu, but all you had to say was "Hey, these are only supposed to be tournament used characters" not everything you did. And why did you not assault anyone else who said GnW and ROB? They both have tons of votes. You didn't need to be so harsh, that's all I'm saying.

I really need to stop looking at this thread.. :ohwell:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I never criticized the others until he asked for a complete analysis. Anyway, GnW and ROB aren't that common of characters, and a lot of people seem to not know the MU. Like M2K. :troll:

This has largely broken down into a pointless semantics argument....

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
Hikkikomori is really just a recluse who spends all day on the internet/video game console/reading manga. Not a huge significance.
Hikikomori (ひきこもり or 引き籠もり Hikikomori?, literally "pulling inward, being confined", i.e., "acute social withdrawal") is a Japanese term to refer to the phenomenon of reclusive adolescents or young adults who have chosen to withdraw from social life, often seeking extreme degrees of isolation and confinement. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hikikomori)

Problem with this is that it is an extreme case of social withdrawal, that's what I meant by a lot.

This topic pissed off Toon Link :troll:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Complete social withdraw is pretty accurate...
5 years ago I had withdrawn from school to become homeschooled. It was ok back then, because my best friend lived next door. He moved away, and I just sorta....stopped trying. I knew no one on the outside world. It was just me and my family. I never went out, and I never socialized. I've withdrawn for so long that I had no clue how other people acted. Turns out, I had nothing to worry about, but just the fear of being judged controlled me for so long that i'd push away anyone that got close to me out of my own doubts and fears. I literally wouldn't leave my house for months on end out of fear of other people. People I didn't even know.

I say "borderline" because I still had my family. This is all in the past now though. :>

Er,, sorry. Super off topic.
How about that olimar? He's a ****!

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
Since everyone isn't a bad player.

That just makes you sound like more of a ******* for calling other characters OP.
Nevermind -.-

I believe the term your looking for is Hypocrite. I'm not saying these are OP. I'm saying I have a hard time facing them...

Conversation for you. He asked if he should just remove it, and then you criticize everything else. This is his least favorite matchups, who gives a **** who they are. I understand the Tabuu, but all you had to say was "Hey, these are only supposed to be tournament used characters" not everything you did. And why did you not assault anyone else who said GnW and ROB? They both have tons of votes. You didn't need to be so harsh, that's all I'm saying.

I really need to stop looking at this thread.. :ohwell:
Wow... Never have I seen a more detailed anti-troll post

5 years ago I had withdrawn from school to become homeschooled. It was ok back then, because my best friend lived next door. He moved away, and I just sorta....stopped trying. I knew no one on the outside world. It was just me and my family. I never went out, and I never socialized. I've withdrawn for so long that I had no clue how other people acted. Turns out, I had nothing to worry about, but just the fear of being judged controlled me for so long that i'd push away anyone that got close to me out of my own doubts and fears. I literally wouldn't leave my house for months on end out of fear of other people. People I didn't even know.

I say "borderline" because I still had my family. This is all in the past now though. :>
^ This ^

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord

Er,, sorry. Super off topic.
How about that olimar? He's a ****!
Olimar may be gay, but he's fairly underpowered as well.

I always make some friends everywhere, but most people don't like me. Surprise surprise.

Nevermind -.-

I believe the term your looking for is Hypocrite. I'm not saying these are OP. I'm saying I have a hard time facing them...

You specifically said ROB or his moveset or something was OP.

Wow... Never have I seen a more detailed anti-troll post

Except that he's wrong.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
I wasn't wrong. Seriously, if you don't like his choices, why bother getting ito it? And btw, he never said any of them were op.

And Olimar is not very underpowered (pokes tier list)

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I wasn't wrong. Seriously, if you don't like his choices, why bother getting ito it? And btw, he never said any of them were op.

And Olimar is not very underpowered (pokes tier list)

As you'll notice, he edited his original post. It's your word against mine now.

And by underpowered, I mean most of Olimar's attacks do not have strong knockback, although that is somewhat relative to what Pikmin the attack hits with.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
After all this time, can somebody please correct the spelling in the topic title please?

Here's my list:

1) :peach:
2) :zelda:
3) :metaknight:
4) :diddy:
5) :snake:

Top Bottom