• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Most Wanted Characters for DLC in Smash 4

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
I think DLC alternate costumes would be cool. Mr. L, Dr. Luigi, Masked Lucina, Ms. Pac Man, Young Link (for toon link), Dry Bowser, Impa (for Sheik), etc. It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to make a set of those. Certainly easier than a whole new character.

Last edited:

Braydon

Smash Ace
Someone could be slipping my mind but my top 10 is something like this;
10. Rayman
Doesn't really need an explanation
9. Quilava
I think quilava would work for an awesome pokemon rep, he's not the most iconic but he'd make an interesting fighter.
8. Gengar
Who could be better for a pokemon rep? He's one of the more iconic pokemon, would make an awesome fighter, there's already a nod to him in the form of ghastly as an enemy in game, why not have gengar?
7. Medusa
I want more kid icarus representation and I don't see why she wouldn't be in kid icarus 3, it didn't stop her the first two times she was killed.
6. Protoman
Having megaman without protoman is a shame.
5. The Black Knight (FE)
Ike's nemesis, makes sense as he's one of the more noteworthy FE villains and the most noteworthy one who could work as a fighter, he'd also work quiet well as a fighter and ike vs black knight dueling would be awesome.
4. FE14 rep
You can never have to much fire emblem
3. Isaac/Mathew
Golden sun needs a rep. End of story.
2. Paper mario
Paper mario needs a rep and he'd make an awesome fighter.
1. Monster hunter
Monster hunter should be in. He's one of the easiest characters to make into a fighter since he has such an abundance of awesome weaponry, he's famous, a new monster hunter game is just out in the US, where he could most use promotion.

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
1. Crash Bandicoot (the Naughty Dog version)
2. Bonk
3. Gengar
4. Shovel Knight
5. Inkling
6. Banjo and Kazooie
7. NiGHTS
8. Zero (from Megaman X series)
9. Solid Snake
10. Tails

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
From the least wanted to the most wanted

10 - Tatanga (Super Mario Land)
I don't really want him too much, I put him in the list just to fill the 10 spaces. I would like him, but it's not one of my most wanted... also, the character became very obscure due to Nintendo neglecting him, and the Super Mario Land series as a whole.
There are lots of other characters that I could have placed into this position: Tingle, Vaati, Black Shadow, etc.

9 - Krystal (Starfox)
Like above, I like this character but it's not really a most wanted. She became a recurring character in the Starfox series, and she has a lance/stick that brings in fighting skills that are currently not covered by any other character. Also, the stick has some magical powers that can be used for her special moves; with all this moveset potential, I think she would definitely break the clichè argument that every Starfox character plays the same.

8 - Tempo (Harmo Knight)
Again, not a most wanted, but I like him for his design.

7 - Lip (Panel de Pon)
Lip is at the limit between those characters that I want but I don't care too much, and my real most wanted characters.
Lip would definitely add some variety to the roster, plus she's one of those characters that are unfairly overlooked.

6 - Jill & Drill Dozer (Drill Dozer)
Pure awesomeness. I like the character, I like the art style of the game, I like the mech and she has moveset potential, just look at the Koopa car of Bowser Jr.
Also, Gurren Lagann reference.

5 - Geno (Super Mario RPG)
The hope will never die. Geno is a side character from a Mario spin-off. He doesn't really have that big role that makes him easily in Smash. Despite this, he has a great appeal, lots of fans and today is still one of the most requested characters, almost always in the top 10 in every poll.
The character has huge moveset potential and it's very cool also.

4 - Ganon (The Legend of Zelda)
This is a very big lack in the roster. We have Bowser, we have Dedede, and then, yes, there is Ganondorf, but he is not really the classic nemesis of Link. Ganondorf is the enemy only in 3 games of the Zelda series, and even in those games (excluding Windwaker) at the end he transforms himself into Ganon, his real final form. I know that Ganon is already represented by Ganondorf's final smash, but that Ganon is far from his classic and recurring look. Hyrule Warriors did a better job in this, doing a redesign that's a mix between TP's Ganon and the classic Ganon. What's really important about him is his iconic trident, and his cartoon pig-like look, that makes him a bit funny, but still deadly. The classic Ganon is also blue, not gray/black.
Classic Ganon appeared in A Link Between Worlds, that's a very recent Zelda game.

3 - Cpt. Syrup (Warioland)
Shantae! Shantae! Yeah, Shantae is cool (not my cup of tea though), but we are forgetting that Nintendo already owns a character that shares some traits with Shantae. Maybe Syrup is more evil, more troll, and can't dance, but she's a very agile thief and a cool pirate.
Syrup appeared in Warioland: The Shake Dimension/Shake It! on Wii, after many years of being forgotten. She was a recurring character in the Warioland series back on the Gameboy.

2 - Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven)
We reached the top of my most wanted chart. Karate Joe and Adeleine. I don't think an explanation is needed for this character; he is the star of Rhythm Heaven, he is in each RH game, and it's the first minigame you see. In the upcoming RH game on 3DS, Karate Joe returned as the opening minigame, and the game itself has been announced with Iwata miming Karate Joe. I don't care of the leaks, Karate Joe is the RH character that deserves the most to become a fighter.

1 - Adeleine (Kirby 64)
My all time most wanted character.
Just click on my signature and read the first post of the thread to see why.
I'm sick of video games companies introducing new recurring characters, then all of a sudden they pretend that those characters never existed.
Adeleine is awesome BTW.

0 - Anju's Grandmother (Majora's Mask)
not really, this is a joke :079:

lightdasher

Smash Lord
10 - Ray
Cool game, cool character, plenty of moveset potential and even custom moveset potential
9 - Bandana Dee
Bandana Dee was probably my overall pick for a new Kirby rep than Adeleine, as he's been around and more recognizable than her unfortunatly
8 - Takamaru
Rainbow Trio member #2
7 - Lip
Rainbow Trio member #3
6 - Jill Dozer
Fiyaaah....Fiyaaah!!....FIYAAAH!!!
5 - Isaac
Pretty neat character who I just prefer much more over than Mathew from the new Golden Sun
4 - Kumatora
Probably one of my favourites from Mother 3, more of a personal want than a logical one, while she may just have the same moves as Lucas (Lucas stole them! huff!) she still has moves Lucas does not, check out the Kumatora support thread
3 - Shantae
Fan of the gameboy game, and Shantae has been on Nintendo platforms since then
2 - Medli+Makar
Was my original #1 being more of a dream want then a "it's logical to want this character in" kind of want
1 - Ice Climbers
You hear stories about some people having played Ice Climbers back in the day on their NES, I'm one of those people, they're my babies, you will probably never find another person who loves Ice Climbers more than I, may find one who rivals, but never more

Honorable Mentions, Inkling, Adeleine, Wolf, Krystal, Marina Lightyears & Paula

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I lied....

10. Inklings-26
9. Bandana Dee-26****
8. Dixie Kong-27*
7. Banjo-Kazooie-28**
6. Roy-29***
5. Snake-30*
4. Wolf-40***
3. Isaac-52***
2. Ridley-53*********
1. King K Rool-62*****

Updated the OP as well (rules and ranking system is explained there), so I may be updating this regularly just for gits and shiggles...try to follow to rules in the OP so the results are more accurate...

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I lied....

10. Inklings-26
9. Bandana Dee-26****
8. Dixie Kong-27*
7. Banjo-Kazooie-28**
6. Roy-29***
5. Snake-30*
4. Wolf-40***
3. Isaac-52***
2. Ridley-53*********
1. King K Rool-62*****

Updated the OP as well (rules and ranking system is explained there), so I may be updating this regularly just for gits and shiggles...try to follow to rules in the OP so the results are more accurate...
Oh I was going to tally them up actually but have it where #1 was worth ten points and #10 was worth one point but your system is a lot less infuriating. Would you do a top 15 maybe as well if you have time?

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I purposely left out third-parties but if there is a new one I'd like Shovel Knight or Bomber Man from Konami.
Honorable Mentions: Toad (Mario), Impa (LoZ), Meowth (Pokemon), Andy (Advance Wats), Ray (Custom Robo), Starfy (Starfy), Krystal (Star Fox), Captain Rainbow (Captain Rainbow), Excitebiker (Excitebike), Zael (Last Story) [Is he a Nintendo owned character?], and someone Rhythm Heaven

10.Wolf from Star Fox
We need more villains, Wolf is Fox's rival, he was in the game before and is basically a shoe-in for dlc so that's why he's so low.

9.Star Man from Pro Wrestling (on NES)
Star Man is a very obscure character. He'd be a obscure, retro character they'd use to surprise everyone. His attacks would all be based on Pro-Wrestling (duh), specifically, the wrestler he's based off of and his spiritual successor, Mil Mascaras and Alberto Del Rio. I recently remembered him and thought to myself, "Wow, he'd fit in so well in Smash" so that's why I'd vote him. I know he's unlikely so my backup here is Impa.

8.Chibi-Robo from Chibi-Robo
Chibi-Robo is a little robot that goes around and cleans your house. Now I know that seems like a stupid idea for a character but hear me out. This little guy is the most determined thing that you've seen. He can use a variety of weapons, for example, a arm cannon, a toothbrush (used kinda like a mop), Rotors that come out of his head for safe gliding. Also we need a Skip Ltd. rep guys. We probably won't get Captain Rainbow so Chibi's gotta take the spotlight. BTW, they should totally make Drake Redcrest an assist trophy.

7.Inkling from Splatoon
Inkling is the newbie for Smash. A good way to support the new IP and she would be an interesting character. She would use he ink weapons to splatter the opponents and she would just make sense in Smash.

6.Ice Climbers from Ice Climber
The Ice Climbers was one of the most unique concepts for a Smash character ever. They are veterans and were basically almost finished for Smash but they couldn't find a way to put them in because of the limitations of the 3DS. (Still kinda hold a grudge against the 3DS version for that) With the New Nintendo 3DS (Stupidest name ever) maybe they could get in. If not just put in Popo and in the entrance have Nana ride the pterodactyl dropping Popo into battle, change the moves a bit, and make Nana a costume.

5.Tingle from The Legend of Zelda
Tingle is weird. Since people want weird (requests for Birdo, Waluigi, Daisy) we'll take Tingle. A very unique character in the Zelda series could make a big impact in Smash. Moveset potential is there, the only thing blocking him is his weirdness (Is it because he seems gay? Never really got that.) Tingle would make a fine character in Smash and another Zelda rep. Also use the Wind Waker design if he is put in.

4.Ridley from Metroid
Ridley is the main villain of the Metroid franchise and the most reoccurring (He's in every Metroid game). He's a villain and is not too big. .(We have Bowser, Falcondorf, Wario, Mewtwo [kinda], King Dedede [not really lol], and Bowser Jr.) He'd be just taller than Charizard and be much more aerial based. He also is Samus's lifelong rival (killed her parents, in a Nintendo game, wut) and is also a dragon-dinosaur thing. A Dragon-Dinosaur thing.

3.Samurai Goroh from F-Zero
Goroh is Falcon's rival and is a much more interesting choice for a character than a wimpy, second rate baddy that looks like the Bats. He's appeared in every single F-Zero game and would have an interesting moveset because of his katana.

2.Isaac from Golden Sun
Isaac is the main character of Golden Sun. Isaac would be a very unique and interesting concept for a character. He uses Djinn, Venus magic, and a sword. Isaac is also not an assist trophy any more so it increases his chances of appearing. (For the people who think Isaac is a Robin clone, first of all f*** you and secondly Isaac uses earth based magic which literally no one uses.)

1. King K. Rool from Donkey Kong
K. Rool is the best rep for the DK series. Although I do think Dixie is an ok choice, King K. Rool is more important because he is the main villain. Plus we need more villains as mentioned above. K. Rool has been in the series since the beginning and has tons of moveset potential. He can use his blunderbuss, crown, boxing gloves, Heli-pack, and that weird bat from Mario Super Sluggers. He'd be a very fast heavy character (faster than Bowser) and would be very up front with good projectiles. For his final smash I was thinking he'd jump around the stage and drop cannonballs from the sky. Also, who doesn't want Gangplank Galleon as stage.

Last edited:
10. Meowth
9. Magolor
8. Kamek
7. Bomberman
6. Black Mage
5. Ridley
4. Gengar
3. Wolf
2. Bandana Dee
1. King K. Rool

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
1) Snake
2) Shantae
3) King K. Rool
4) Toad
5) Bandana Dee
6) Pichu
7) Marshal
8) Ice Climbers
9) Anna (Fire Emblem)
10) Wolf

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I

Star Man is a very obscure character. He'd be a obscure, retro character they'd use to surprise everyone. His attacks would all be based on Pro-Wrestling (duh), specifically, the wrestler he's based off of and his spiritual successor, Mil Mascaras and Alberto Del Rio. I recently remembered him and thought to myself, "Wow, he'd fit in so well in Smash" so that's why I'd vote him. I know he's unlikely so my backup here is Impa.
I think he should appear in the next punch-out game like mike Tyson and donkey kong so he can become more popular. after that we should have him in smash (5?)

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Oh I was going to tally them up actually but have it where #1 was worth ten points and #10 was worth one point but your system is a lot less infuriating. Would you do a top 15 maybe as well if you have time?
If you must know....I was going to do something similar but I decided against that simply because it ruins the idea behind the amount of support a character gets...the system I gave at least makes the characters more comparable, but still gives 1st placers somewhat of an advantage...
15. Rayman-17*
14. Shantae-18*
13. Krystal-19
12. Impa-20*
11. Ice Climbers-21*
(This is not counting latest posts)

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I think he should appear in the next punch-out game like mike Tyson and donkey kong so he can become more popular. after that we should have him in smash (5?)
Maybe I guess, I can't really think of a way to make a modern pro-wrestling game without it being kinda like the WWE stuff. If they do make a sequel to Pro Wrestling on the NES, I'd buy it immediately. (I'm a huge wrestling fan.)

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Maybe I guess, I can't really think of a way to make a modern pro-wrestling game without it being kinda like the WWE stuff. If they do make a sequel to Pro Wrestling on the NES, I'd buy it immediately. (I'm a huge wrestling fan.)
i made star man mii before a week ago i dont know why i did this but i like his design:)

Asian_Charizard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3351-4223-6174
I've already listed ten characters on another topic, but this is in order from least to most wanted!

10. Roy (Fire Emblem)
9. Wolf (Star Fox)
8. Ice Climbers
7. King K. Rool (DK)
6. Isaac (Golden Sun)
5. Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)
4. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
3. Ryu (Street Fighter)
2. Inkling (Splatoon)
1. Paper Mario

As you can tell from this list, I've prioritize newcomers over veterans. :)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I purposely left out third-parties but if there is a new one I'd like Shovel Knight or Bomber Man from Konami.
Honorable Mentions: Toad (Mario), Impa (LoZ), Meowth (Pokemon), Andy (Advance Wats), Ray (Custom Robo), Starfy (Starfy), Krystal (Star Fox), Captain Rainbow (Captain Rainbow), Excitebiker (Excitebike), Zael (Last Story) [Is he a Nintendo owned character?], and someone Rhythm Heaven

10.Wolf from Star Fox
We need more villains, Wolf is Fox's rival, he was in the game before and is basically a shoe-in for dlc so that's why he's so low.

8.Chibi-Robo from Chibi-Robo
Chibi-Robo is a little robot that goes around and cleans your house. Now I know that seems like a stupid idea for a character but hear me out. This little guy is the most determined thing that you've seen. He can use a variety of weapons, for example, a arm cannon, a toothbrush (used kinda like a mop), Rotors that come out of his head for safe gliding. Also we need a Skip Ltd. rep guys. We probably won't get Captain Rainbow so Chibi's gotta take the spotlight. BTW, they should totally make Drake Redcrest an assist trophy.

7.Inkling from Splatoon
Inkling is the newbie for Smash. A good way to support the new IP and she would be an interesting character. She would use he ink weapons to splatter the opponents and she would just make sense in Smash.

6.Ice Climbers from Ice Climber
The Ice Climbers was one of the most unique concepts for a Smash character ever. They are veterans and were basically almost finished for Smash but they couldn't find a way to put them in because of the limitations of the 3DS. (Still kinda hold a grudge against the 3DS version for that) With the New Nintendo 3DS (Stupidest name ever) maybe they could get in. If not just put in Popo and in the entrance have Nana ride the pterodactyl dropping Popo into battle, change the moves a bit, and make Nana a costume.

5.Tingle from The Legend of Zelda
Tingle is weird. Since people want weird (requests for Birdo, Waluigi, Daisy) we'll take Tingle. A very unique character in the Zelda series could make a big impact in Smash. Moveset potential is there, the only thing blocking him is his weirdness (Is it because he seems gay? Never really got that.) Tingle would make a fine character in Smash and another Zelda rep. Also use the Wind Waker design if he is put in.

4.Ridley from Metroid
Ridley is the main villain of the Metroid franchise and the most reoccurring (He's in every Metroid game). He's a villain and is not too big. .(We have Bowser, Falcondorf, Wario, Mewtwo [kinda], King Dedede [not really lol], and Bowser Jr.) He'd be just taller than Charizard and be much more aerial based. He also is Samus's lifelong rival (killed her parents, in a Nintendo game, wut) and is also a dragon-dinosaur thing. A Dragon-Dinosaur thing.

3.Samurai Goroh from F-Zero
Goroh is Falcon's rival and is a much more interesting choice for a character than a wimpy, second rate baddy that looks like the Bats. He's appeared in every single F-Zero game and would have an interesting moveset because of his katana.

2.Isaac from Golden Sun
Isaac is the main character of Golden Sun. Isaac would be a very unique and interesting concept for a character. He uses Djinn, Venus magic, and a sword. Isaac is also not an assist trophy any more so it increases his chances of appearing. (For the people who think Isaac is a Robin clone, first of all f*** you and secondly Isaac uses earth based magic which literally no one uses.)

1. King K. Rool from Donkey Kong
K. Rool is the best rep for the DK series. Although I do think Dixie is an ok choice, King K. Rool is more important because he is the main villain. Plus we need more villains as mentioned above. K. Rool has been in the series since the beginning and has tons of moveset potential. He can use his blunderbuss, crown, boxing gloves, Heli-pack, and that weird bat from Mario Super Sluggers. He'd be a very fast heavy character (faster than Bowser) and would be very up front with good projectiles. For his final smash I was thinking he'd jump around the stage and drop cannonballs from the sky. Also, who doesn't want Gangplank Galleon as stage.
Since the game was published by Nintendo in Japan, it is a second party Nintendo IP. Main reason why Xceed Games localized the game under their publishing rights was because Nintendo was too lazy to do it themselves (It was at least announced in a Nintendo Direct though).

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Since the game was published by Nintendo in Japan, it is a second party Nintendo IP. Main reason why Xceed Games localized the game under their publishing rights was because Nintendo was too lazy to do it themselves (It was at least announced in a Nintendo Direct though).
Ok, thanks for the info. Zael would be a cool Smash character in my opinion but I fear everyone will say he's just another character with a sword. I don't understand the hate for swordsmen. Yeah, there might be way too much but as long as they are fun and interesting i dont care if they have a sword or a banana as a weapon.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ok, thanks for the info. Zael would be a cool Smash character in my opinion but I fear everyone will say he's just another character with a sword. I don't understand the hate for swordsmen. Yeah, there might be way too much but as long as they are fun and interesting i dont care if they have a sword or a banana as a weapon.
The hate mainly comes from all the Fire Emblem clones most likely, as well as Link clones/semi-clones...Fire Emblem characters in general all seem to be focused moreso on swordplay with a small exception to Robin who uses magic in addition to his sword, Fire Emblem has the potential to bring in other weapon users as there are many characters that don't use swords; mages, archers, lancers, pegasus/dragon riders, dancers?, etc...
I don't mind sword users, heck the more the merrier as long as they bring something new to the table instead of putting in clones for the sake of it (I'm looking at you Lucina and Dark Pit)

In the case of characters like Isaac that can actually bring something new to the table it is very annoying when people will discredit him simply for using a sword...

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
The hate mainly comes from all the Fire Emblem clones most likely, as well as Link clones/semi-clones...Fire Emblem characters in general all seem to be focused moreso on swordplay with a small exception to Robin who uses magic in addition to his sword, Fire Emblem has the potential to bring in other weapon users as there are many characters that don't use swords; mages, archers, lancers, pegasus/dragon riders, dancers?, etc...
I don't mind sword users, heck the more the merrier as long as they bring something new to the table instead of putting in clones for the sake of it (I'm looking at you Lucina and Dark Pit)

In the case of characters like Isaac that can actually bring something new to the table it is very annoying when people will discredit him simply for using a sword...
I know people who I've talked to about him in Smash have just dismissed him as another anime swordsman and I'm over here like wut. Isaac is so much more than a weird haircut and a sword.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I think it was less about being lazy but more about not thinking it'd sell/not having the resources to translate it alongside other projects at the time. They have even stated how they respond to petitions like project rainfall/mother 3 not being that effective because 300,000 signatures doesn't equal 300,000 sales and the bottom line is the're a company who needs to churn a profit.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
10. Bandana Dee
9. K. Rool
8. Wolf
7. Krystal
6. Ryu
5. Lyn
4. Lip
3. Inklings
2. Chibi Robo
1. Ray Mk III / Ray 01 / Custom Robo

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
10. Dark Matter (Kirby)
9. Anna (Fire Emblem)
8. Wolf
7. Snake
6. Bomberman
5. King K. Rool
4. Inkling
3. Ryu (Since he might happen; i've wanted a SF rep for a while and never expected it till now)
2. Shantae
1. Wonder Red

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
How did you make your signature? Sorry I just really want one for King K. Rool.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
And of course, you can send me a MP :p

By the way, top ten... Top ten... I want too many characters. But I actually know who is the first one!

Let me think about that for a while :p

Edit: Unbelievable! There's one guy in there! (2 if we count Inklings, but who cares about the male inklings? :troll:)

So... To explain shortly.

10: Ashley Mizuki Robins
Nice games, a genre not represented in Smash yet.

9: Bayonetta
While not a huge videogame icon, she is close to Nintendo for now, and it's basically Snake 2.0, Sakurai being friend with Kamiya. Also, moveset potential.

8: Rhythm Girl
Like Ashley, great games representing a new genre in Smash (not counting DK's Final Smash). She is the best to represent the game IMO, as she is like the WFT, as the Rhythm Girl show how to play.

7: Sami
Poor Nintendo Wars serie being too much "Famicom Wars" for the Japanese :(
I think that Sami can't come without Andy, but she is the best "successor" for Snake.

6: Inklings
Another weapon girl, Splatoon is already popular, and I can imagine Nintendo advertising for the game through a Smash DLC.

5: Daisy
FLOWER POWER! She is popular and have the tools to be unique, despite what the haters says.

4: Saki Amamiya
Well, first AT... I do believe some AT can be promoted. And Saki is cool. And he can have an Airan costume. And that's cool.
Isa Jo with a Kachi costume could also work (... I guess. I still have to play S&P2)

3: Tetra
It's a shame that Zelda stagnated for 2 smash games, with minor changes (Young Link become Toon Link, Sheik is separated). She may be Zelda, she is differente, and a pirate vs Ninja battle against Sheik is a must have.
Being a Toon character, having Toon Zelda / "Toon Sheik" boost a bit her chances IMO.

2: Ashley or Mona
Another AT, another Ashley... This time, I believe that being promoted from AT to playable is harder, as her AT is more unique. Anyway, we NEED these twintails playable.
And if not, Mona can take this spot easily. She is one of the most important Warioware character after all.

1: Medusa
Probably obvious considering my avatar and signature. She has the tool to be one REALLY unique character. She have a GREAT look. She is a female villain. She is voice by Cree Summer.
WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE.

Last edited:
And of course, you can send me a MP :p

By the way, top ten... Top ten... I want too many characters. But I actually know who is the first one!

Let me think about that for a while :p

Edit: Unbelievable! There's one guy in there! (2 if we count Inklings, but who cares about the male inklings? :troll:)

So... To explain shortly.

10: Ashley Mizuki Robins
Nice games, a genre not represented in Smash yet.

9: Bayonetta
While not a huge videogame icon, she is close to Nintendo for now, and it's basically Snake 2.0, Sakurai being friend with Kamiya. Also, moveset potential.

8: Rhythm Girl
Like Ashley, great games representing a new genre in Smash (not counting DK's Final Smash). She is the best to represent the game IMO, as she is like the WFT, as the Rhythm Girl show how to play.

7: Sami
Poor Nintendo Wars serie being too much "Famicom Wars" for the Japanese :(
I think that Sami can't come without Andy, but she is the best "successor" for Snake.

6: Inklings
Another weapon girl, Splatoon is already popular, and I can imagine Nintendo advertising for the game through a Smash DLC.

5: Daisy
FLOWER POWER! She is popular and have the tools to be unique, despite what the haters says.

4: Saki Amamiya
Well, first AT... I do believe some AT can be promoted. And Saki is cool. And he can have an Airan costume. And that's cool.
Isa Jo with a Kachi costume could also work (... I guess. I still have to play S&P2)

3: Tetra
It's a shame that Zelda stagnated for 2 smash games, with minor changes (Young Link become Toon Link, Sheik is separated). She may be Zelda, she is differente, and a pirate vs Ninja battle against Sheik is a must have.
Being a Toon character, having Toon Zelda / "Toon Sheik" boost a bit her chances IMO.

2: Ashley or Mona
Another AT, another Ashley... This time, I believe that being promoted from AT to playable is harder, as her AT is more unique. Anyway, we NEED these twintails playable.
And if not, Mona can take this spot easily. She is one of the most important Warioware character after all.

1: Medusa
Probably obvious considering my avatar and signature. She has the tool to be one REALLY unique character. She have a GREAT look. She is a female villain. She is voice by Cree Summer.
WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE.
only one guy! . . .who is often confused for a woman. . .

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
only one guy! . . .who is often confused for a woman. . .
And I propose a female character as an alt costume :awesome:

I used to defend the fact that Saki isn't that effeminate. Then the Smash 4 trophy said that he was often mistaken for a girl...

pandajedi

Smash Cadet
1. King K. Rool
2. Banjo-Kazooie
3. Dixie Kong
4. Sceptile
5. Bomberman
6. Simon Belmont
7. Black Mage
8. Robotnik/Eggman
9. Inkling
10. Sami (Advance Wars)

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Let's see... descending order.

10. Knuckles the Echidna

9. Earthworm Jim

8. Goemon

7. Sparkster

6. Zitz (Battletoads)

5. Banjo-Kazooie

4. Funky Kong (with DK64 fruit weapons)

3. Bayonetta

2. Lip (Panel de Pon)

1. Warioland Wario (or "Treasure Hunter Wario")

Martingale

Smash Apprentice
10) Cooking Mama. Serve meals, sever opponents.
9) Dig Dug. We're going deep down the rabbit hole here. Let's hope this doesn't blow up in my face.
8) Waluigi/Daisy. Interchangeable because I only want to see them included as a Mario Sports representative. There are endless games of this variety and they need a bit of representation! Take one for the team sports.
7) Wonder Red. 101% awesome, he has the Captain Falcon factor of "doesn't matter if you played his game look at him he's cool."
6) Darkrai. The one true villainous Pokemon, who kills people for lols. Having him playable would be anything but a nightmare.
5) Inklings. Add a splash of colour to Smash.
4) Paper Mario. Lighter than Jigglypuff, but hits like a truck! 256gsm of awesome.
3) Sir Arthur. The original knight having a very bad day. Shovel Knight couldn't hold a candle to this Capcom classic from Ghouls n Ghosts. Let's just hope he can take more than two hits...
2) Magikarp. Joke characters don't come better than this fish out of water. Make sure he doesn't get battered.
1) Professor Layton. We need the gentlemanly archaeologist to beat people up for reasons. Let's see him take a few shots from his Slot Machine Gun at the last living dinosaur.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Substitute doll is in the game already. Greninja uses it.
Which totally doesn't do it justice. It needs to be a playable character. Besides, it doesn't even get the whole move to itself, it shares it with a log, a ****ing LOG!

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
Well.. I feel like this is gonna be a huge wall of text, so I apologize if that happens </3

10.- Shovel Knight. (Shovel Knight, duh.)
Yes yes yes yes. His game was one of the most amazing experiences I had in so many years, so classic yet so new, I feel like he would be an awesome character for Smash with a pretty amazing moveset that could be based around the element of messing around with the terrain to gain advantage.

9.- Zero (Megaman Zero)
C'mon, it's Zero, the guy that almost made 90% of the Mega Man fanbase forgot who is X (Tho I love X more). His moveset could consist of the variety of weapons he uses in the Zero saga, so he is not just a "Swordfighter" like many others. Surely a character that would do wonders as a Glass Cannon.

8.- Quote (Cave Story)
I'm so sorry Shovel Knight, but Cave Story is such an amazing game, for me it's THE indie game. He could be a marksman in all of it's glory with it's variety of weaponry, with so many tricks and mobility, and he could be the perfect companion for Mega Man in doubles <3

7.- Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Yes, it ain't happening any time soon, but it still is just SO hype! The idea of a fast paced/heavy combo/magic user/swordfighter comes to Smash it's just beatiful for me, and the fact that in SSF2 (yes fangame whatevs) they gave him such an awesome moveset just makes me want him even more.

6.- Lloyd (Tales of Symphonia)
Let me be clear right now: ToS was one of the games that the moment I saw it, I KNEW it was made for me. And I wasn't wrong, and Lloyd is probably one of the reasons of it. The gameplay and concept of Linked Arts in Smash would be just... just... WAY too much hype for me. I really, REALLY want him in (I believe in you Namco)

5.- Bandana Dee (Kirby Series)
I already made the moveset for this little guy. I loved every single moment of Kirby's RTDL, and I feel like he would be just the perfect candidate for the Smash franchise. Spears haven't even been used by any character in the series, and that would make for a pretty interesting moveset overall. And he's JUST ADORABLEEEEEEEEE <3.

4.- Isaac (Golden Sun)
Oh GS. You were my very first RPG to be 100% completed. And I'm just SO happy about that, because I feel like it's one of the most complete and awesome games that I've ever played, so for me Isaac is a no-brainer, he IS the face of Golden Sun, and with such a big world to play with (Psienergy, Djinni, Classes), I wouldn't really expect anything but awesomeness from him. PRAISE GS!

3.- Roy (Super Mario Br-I mean Fire Emblem)
Roy was the first character I used in Melee (My friend told me to) and...to be honest, I don't know what I like about him, what really separates him from any other Swordman of the FE series. But that thing has always been with me, and I don't think it's gonna change... I played FE6 and oddly enough my Roy was pretty good in stats, so I didn't have a clue about him being a bad Lord. And even if he was, even if he becomes the worst character in the entire Sm4sh roster, I would play him. Forever.
Roy is my boy, and will always be, even if I don't know why he is.

2- Bomberman (...Bomberman?)
My childhood was him and only him. He is such a silly character with such a great personality added (His expressions are the best on his games) that it would be awesome to watch him. Just like Sora, his appearance in SSF2 made me saw the HUGE potential he had, with the Bombs mindgames, the reactions, everything. He is just a character that I feel like it would just fit with Smash and with my play style of just having weird stuff everywhere... I know some people are gonna hate me for saying this, but he should have been the Konami representation in Brawl, he is just perfect.

1.- Black Mage (Final Fantasy)
So... Final Fantasy, I know nowadays SE is not very closely to Nintendo, but that's exactly why the Black Mage would be the best representation. A representation of the past.
The first 6 games of the franchise were NES/SNES exclusives for a long time, and they are what I consider to be "the traditional era" of FF, when the experiments were subtle, but amazing for our probably child eyes. And I feel like there is no other characters that would represent the feeling of the past, of the glory of FF than Black Mage, the character that you would see the most and you would love.
I grew with Final Fantasy and I'm really biased with this one, but I just cannot thing of anybody else more worthy of this spot. He is the face of the traditional era of FF, he was the hero of light, he was the glass cannon, he was the AoE master, the one that you could always count in each and every game.
So... yeah... He is my dreamed character, the one that I want more than anybody else in Smash. He would probably share the spot of my favorite character with Mega Man and Ness.

>Menu>Magic>Cast: Mute.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Updated OP!

No changes amoung who the featured characters are, but a few places have been shuffled...
10. Dixie Kong-29*
9. Banjo & Kazooie-32**
8. Roy-32***
7. Bandanna Dee-33****
6. Snake-34**
5. Inkling-36
4. Wolf-47***
3. Isaac-57***
2. Ridley-57*********
1. King K Rool-77********

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
10. Snake - I hate when a fighting game series removes a unique character. Snake was such a surprising and awesome edition to the Brawl roster and had many loyal fans who loved his playstyle and were heart-broken when he was removed in Sm4sh. He should make a comeback for sure but he isn't as needed in my biased eyes as...

9. Wolf - .....seriously. He was a clone (ehhh its debatable) of Fox/Falco but he had his own unique style to him. I'm not a huge fan of the character but i know many others liked him and I, once again, am against unique characters being taken out of a fighting series. He also would have been fun to play against.

8. King K. Rool - I know virtually nothing of the character besides he is the villain of DK and crew. That alone is worth him being in the game imo. Also who doesn't want to fight a Crocodile version of DK? That would be awesome and he has a good fanbase to back-up his worthiness of being in Sm4sh.

7. Roy (FE) - Never cared much for the character. As a youngun i always called him "Fire-Marth." But he has a good fanbase and yet again i don't like removing characters. If he is implemented he really needs a different moveset than Marth/Lucina though. Even changing him up to something Luigi-style would work wonders.

6. Shadow the Hedgehog - This one i actually care for myself. Back when i was a wee youngun i played Shadow the Hedgehog on the Gamecube. I honestly loved the character and the game enough to play it out to unlock the final mission. It was so disappointing to me that the reviews were so bad and they never made a sequel. He should be implemented for two reasons: 1. Because Sonic needs some more representation and 2. Shadow is basically Dark Sonic. We need more villains in the roster and Shadow would be perfect. He is not a true speedster like Sonic and could have a fairly different moveset. Chaos Spear could be his projectile for example.

5. Amy Rose - OK, ok hear me out. She may be (totally is) an annoying and and boring character but she could easily transition
into Sm4sh. Her moveset could revolve around her being a glass cannon character. Her hammer could be used for most of her moveset like DDD. Like i stated for Shadow- Sonic needs more reps in Sm4sh. (And i'm not biased against knuckles.......it's not like i hate the character or anything.......yeahhh.)

4. Ridley - He is an evil space prirate purple pterodactyl who breathes fire...... and he's Samus' big bad. Need i say more?

3. Waluigi - How is this not a thing already? He is freaking evil Luigi! Seriously Nintendo.... i love ya but you make no sense. His playstyle would obviously revolve around tricks and crazy movements. He would have some form of reflector except maybe shifts the speed of the projectile? IDK but it would be awesome so make it happen Nintendo xD.

2. Sora - I am completely biased on this one. I liked Kingdom hearts and he could have a fun moveset....nuff said.

1. Medusa - We need an evil Kid Icarus character......and the posts above mine have swayed my vote xD.

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
eh, why not

In no particular order. No veterans.

1) Henry Fleming - I really love Codename STEAM. I'd love to see a character from it, and I think with a steam gimmick he'd be really fun. I want to take out foes NICE AND EASY. (BTW, if you haven't tried this game, please do so. It's like XCom or Valkyrie Chronicles)
2) Isabelle - I like dogs. She's cute. And it would be fun to have another Animal Crossing character. BTW, I use her a lot in Mario Kart 8. Seems like I'm not the only one either.
3)Dixie Kong - I always liked her. Not much to say. Was always a fun character in DKC (Fun Fact: I prefer her over K Rool)
4)King K. Rool - Would be a cool character to see in Smash. He's got such an interesting personality that he'd fit for that alone.
5)Anyone from Rhythm Heaven - Big fan of the series. I would love to see a fighter from it. Karate Joe gets an honorable mention, but anyone will do.
6)Impa - I use to hate the idea of Impa, but with Hyrule Warriors, she seems like she'd fit perfectly now. Be nice to have another long running Zelda character.
7)Inkling - Doesn't need explaining. Splatoon looks awesome.
8)Ridley - He's awesome. Besides the fact that we need more Metroid love, he would be such a cool character and he would give us just a bit more diversity.
9)Toad - It always kind of irked me he wasn't playable in Smash, and he really should be. Toad is freaking awesome. I mean, he is literally the best.
10)Melissa Bergman - So, I hate Metroid Other M, but I always thought she could be an interesting character. She's an android that is basically Mother Brain. She would be super strong and I like the idea of summoning and commanding enemies from Metroid (ala Mother Brain). Its one of those characters that I like but will never happen.

Characters I think are cool but are not my favorites: Wonder Red, Mallo, Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western), Bandanna Dee, Banjo and Kazooie.

Last edited:
Top Bottom