• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Most Wanted Characters for DLC in Smash 4

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Pretty self explanatory but, counting down from 10 which characters in video games do you most want featured as a playable fighter in Smash?

Rules:
-Must count down from your 10th most wanted to your 1st most wanted. Please be clear. Try to avoid throwing in like 5 characters in one spot as well, especially for 1st place.
-Each character must have originated from a video game (so no Shreks or Gokus here)
-Try to include an explanation as to why you want them in smash, doesn't need to be extremely detailed but try to avoid being too vague
-You may include characters who are already represented as assist trophies, stage hazards, etc in smash.
-Results aren't accurate if you don't follow the rules
-If you want to make changes to your Top 10 please notify me of your changes so I can adjust accordingly, it helps if I can see what your original list was for comparison

----

I'm going to be setting everyone's favourite characters in a General Top 10 here! This is pretty much my way of setting up a community poll, to see how popular and how desired these characters really are.
I will be ranking the characters based on their placing in each list. The idea is not only based on how many people are supporting said character or by how popular they are but also reflects upon the people's overall desires for said character. Some characters may be requested more than others but some characters are more heavily desired than others as well.

Placing - Points Awarded
<Top 10 - 1 point
<Top 5 - 2 points
Number 1 - 3 points (1st placers will be awarded a (*) which will be placed next to their names, which will be used to break ties in points as well as showcase how many people REALLY want that character)

----

10. Krystal - 74 *x4
9. Dixie Kong - 87 *x3
8. Bandanna Dee - 103 *x10
7. Snake - 112 *x5
6. Ice Climbers - 112 *x12
5. Ridley - 125 *x15
4. Inkling - 132 *x2
3. Isaac - 153 *x12
2. Wolf - 177 *x12
1. King K Rool - 219 *x22

Graphic courtesy of @ShinyRegice (updated by me) as of 12:23pm EST 8/16/2015
DLC Top Ten Chart.jpg

Roy Confirmed!:4feroy:
Guess dreams can come true! Roy was previously a placeholder on the top 10 and he has since been confirmed for DLC!
Keep up your support and your favourite character may be next!

----

Sometimes the characters that we want most are already in the game, but are unfortunately not playable. I have another Top 10 thread focusing specifically on Deconfirmed Characters. It is a term I don't like using myself, and I'd like to see some of these characters actually make it into the game as a playable fighter, and for those who have the same interest visit my other Top 10 and show your support as these characters need it more than most!
As you can tell from the above list Ridley is one of these characters people want to see!

----

Vote on this Strawpoll if you want as well: http://strawpoll.me/5379893
The characters were chosen based on their rankings from this thread as well as their 'categories' being; Newcomers, NPC's, Third-Party, and Veterans!

----

10. Inklings
'Muh Relevance! Recency!'....Ok but seriously, Splatoon is pretty awesome, helped keep the Wii U alive and if not for the Wii U's 'failure' Splatoon probably would've taken off even further than it already has...It has a ...decent soundtrack, not amazing but it does have some solid tracks, as well as some pretty good potential for an awesome stage...but of course the Inklings themselves are the focus here, they got the Splattershot, Ink roller, Inkbrush, Inkstrike, Charger, The Kraken, Bubbles, Rainmaker, Inkwalls, Inkbombs, so much to work with just based on the various ink based weapons they have available, as well as their possible playstyle which would be a very terriorial approach focused on Stage control where they cover the area with Ink, and in their 'turf' they are a much tougher fighter to content with...They've got a lot to work with...and seeing them in the game would be pretty freakin awesome...

----

9. Shantae
She's still a very recent character for me as I have only heard of her during the beginning of the Ballot's duration, but she still catches my interest. She's got some great moveset potential, as well as a certain charm that can fit right in with the whimsy of Smash. She's got a lot of connections to Nintendo being exclusive to the company until only recently as well as her originally being developed by Capcom back in the day. She's got an (albeit) small but growing following in Japan as well as already capturing the interest of some Gaming artists such as Pokemon designer Ken Sugimori...Shantae is a long shot at best, but I think it'd be pretty cool to see the underdog make it in for once, unlike a lot of other characters that are circulating around speculation which are moreso just out of left field for the sake of it...

----

8. Ganon
THE ORIGINAL KING OF EVIL! At first I wasn't all that excited about Ganon as a separate character to ganondorf, but when you really think about it...He's got a trident, a unique weapon; He's a Heavyweight, very few characters in Smash fit this category; He's a villain, once again only a few in Smash; a unique Zelda Character, he's still another form of an existing character, but unlike Toon Link Ganon will not have the same moveset as Ganondorf; a chance to give us the Canon Ganon we all want and deserve!! Dead-Man's Volley is a staple in the Zelda series...pretty much every game implements it in some way since it was first introduced, and more often than not Ganon/Ganondorf/Ganondorf possessing Zelda is the one who uses the attack...couple this with his other unique abilities and we're looking at a solid character...Plus he looks awesome! Some people want to follow behind K Rool as the villainous king, but I'll follow Muthafrakkin Ganon!

----

7. Weavile
Almost my favourite Pokemon, I like love Sneasel over Weavile simply because of nostalgia, but that doesn't mean I don't like Weavile! He's got a unique type combination, one of which isn't present in a full moveset since the Ice Climbers are MIA. And Greninja doesn't really use a lot of Dark typed attacks in his moveset as he is primarily using Water type attacks...But a combination of Ice and Dark type attacks coupled with his speed and agility can make him a very threatening character on the field, honestly just the fact that he'd most likely be a quick combo heavy character he'd probably be a top tier character as well...
I've always liked the idea of Weavile in Smash (admittedly Scizor as well) but at the same time I was pretty satisfied with Weavile being a Poke-ball summon in brawl...Not that I don't want him but I understand that as a Pokemon even though he may bring something unique to the roster not everyone can make it in, but there's always POKKEN!!!!!

----

6. Yoshimitsu
The more I think about it the more I want to see this guy in Smash! I've only played Soul Calibur II (admittedly because Link was in the game) and while Link was my main, Yoshimitsu was easily my secondary behind him and my favourite character from the main roster. 'NAMU!' He's got a very unorthodox battle style that merges a serious Warrior's mentality with a whimsical mischiviousness...He's kinda goofy, but at the same time he's got an ere of wisdom! And some very cool tricks with his swordplay...Twirls his sword like a propeller over his head to fly through the air for a short time makes for a perfect recovery, and of course switching into his pogo stance that allows him to perform some very unusually but effective attacks such as pogoing on his sword around the stage as well as other strange attacks...He's so weird it's awesome! Nightmare? He's cool, but Yoshimitsu is where it's at!!

----

5. Wolf
Wolf, Y U NO BACK YET? Easily my most wanted veteran. For some reason I still have to argue with those who say, He's a Fox Clone...Wolf is arguably not even a semi-clone, he's got the same back air, k, so does 6-7 other characters and he shares the same Final Smash, Zelda and Sheik share the same Final Smash also, but they are not considered clones, sure technically they are the same person but not clones...Honestly there really is no need to argue just look at the character, it speaks for itself...And who knows Sakurai might even makes some minor changes...of course when looking at fellow Brawl vet Lucas he may not, but Roy got some changes, and Mewtwo some (barely noticable but existant) changes...
Either way it is pretty clear that people not only want Wolf to come back 'They are EXPECTING him to come back'...their will probably be riots throughout the Lylat sytem if he doesn't return...so, Can't let you do that Sakurai!....

Did I mention I like Wolves?

----
4. Impa
The Sheikah are a mysterious but very interesting race...they are kinda represented in Smash with Sheik who is...technically not even a Sheikah...the only 'true' Sheikah warrior featured in the Zelda games is none other than Zelda's Guardian Impa. Sure throughout the years she has gone through many different forms, but it's pretty clear her roles in Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword (as well as Hyrule Warriors) pretty much demonstrates what Impa is all about...An active Guardian to Zelda dedicated to her duties to protect the Princess/Her Grace...Outside of her role in Hyrule Warriors it may not seem very clear what she can do outside of being a Sheik clone, but with a bit of digging and some creative license (which was used to make a moveset for Sheik to begin with) Impa's got quite a lot to work with...simply look at her role as the Sage of Shadow and her connection to the Shadow Temple, or her connection to the Goddes of Light and her use of Time Travel...or just straight up give her a buster sword or Naginata and you're good to go...I want to see more of the Sheikah in the Zelda series, Impa is all we have so far, so more Impa means more Sheikah! But we'll see what the future holds with Zelda Wii U (seriously though, what's going on with that game? literally nothing in ages, guess no news is good news though right?...RIGHT?)

----

3. Ridley
Well...this is a biggie...
He's got a bit of controversy on top of it all...Sakurai is well aware of how badly the fans want him in the game...But unfortunately, Sakurai feels he's better suited as a boss character....UNACCEPTABLE!!!! In the Metroid games Ridley is better suited as a boss character, but Smash is a different playing field entirely! Ganondorf and Bowser are definitive bosses from their respective series but yet they are here! Too big, not as big as Bowser in some of his appearances! But he's here! Ridley's size isn't what makes Ridley's character, it's everything else he does...He's not called the 'God of Death' because he saves puppies and plants flowers! He's a flat-out MURDERER!!! And torments Samus Aran since she was a small child. And Goddammit he does not like to be killed, he just keeps coming back seemingly more pissed than anything, like an oversized purple mosquito....that breathes fire...
Ridley is arguably the most iconic Nintendo villain that isn't yet playable in Smash, behind possibly King K Rool. But yet even iconicism isn't enough to get him into the game...

----

2. Dark Samus
As much as I want a giant purple space dragon of death...Sometimes it's what we REALLY want that counts...Metroid Prime is the game that has introduced me to the Metroid franchise...well actually Smash did, but the Primes made me a fan of the series to begin with. It broke, no, shattered new grounds in the gaming world, it was one of the gamecube's best Video Games of all time and it's sequals were no Other M nothing to laugh at themselves...The SA-X has got nothing on this doppelganger. Dark Link? literally a 'Dark' Link, Dark Pit? A Magical clone birthed from a broken mirror...but Dark Samus was an alien Powerhouse heavily mutated by Phazon that had absorbed Samus power 'on-top' of it's own. Everything Samus can do, she can do better, she can corrupt individuals, fly through space, manipulate Phazon around her as well as absorb it to heal herself, She can create copies of herself that fight the exact same way she can...Heck she even possessed an entire Planet!
Still not convinced? Dark Samus isn't just another Samus, she's a powerful Metroid...A Metroid you know the titular creatures of the franchise, as well as harbouring DNA from the recurring baddies being the Space Pirates (who worshipped her as a God mind you) and She is literally the title character of one of the most prestigious series the Metroid franchise has ever displayed...But apparently an Assist Trophy is just fine while Dark Pit gets the nod :facepalm:...

----

1. Midna*
I could probably write an entire essay as to why I want Midna to be in Smash...Do I think she deserves it? yes!...Do I think she has great moveset potential? yes!...Do I want to her to be solidified as one of Nintendo's icons along side other Nintendo stars? YES!...Do I just love the character? YESSS!! ...Do I want the Zelda franchise to get an actual proper Newcomer that isn't just some form of a character we already have? YESSSSS!!! Do I want to see her return in a future Zelda game someday? YESSSSSS!!! Do I want a Midna Amiibo!? OH HELL YESSS!!!! Man I could go on...Twilight Princess is one of those game's that leaves a lasting impression, Midna is one of the reasons why it is the Number One selling game in the franchise (keep in mind she's obviously not the only reason). The biggest argument against her is her being a one-off character, though I feel if any One-off from the Zelda series were to be added into the roster, it would be Midna. She exemplifies what it is to be a true companion and guide to the Hero! Rather than pester him about how to open doors, she just goes ahead and opens them for you...with her hair...Of course that's just the tip of the ice berg when it comes to what else she can do with her hair, use it in attacks, hold and manipulate objects, make Zant burst like a balloon, you know unique things...and that doesn't include her other magic abilities, which can include what she does in Hyrule Warriors, a game where she is actually playable...TWICE! And even more can be done while she is riding on Wolf Link. And remember the whole 'more Impa, more Sheikah' bit back in fourth spot? same thing applies here, I want to see more of the Twilight Realm, more of the history and lore behind it, and more about the interlopers (were they really the Sheikah banished to the Twilight Realm?), and Midna's the most notable Twili we encounter in the game...I also want to point out that Midna has probably one of the best developmental stories as a character that I have seen in almost any video game...At the beginning she gives zero ****s about anybody, Link is a mere tool, a means to an end, until she comes around to understand what's at stake and does what ever it takes to save not only her land but the land of Hyurle as well...even if it was at the cost of her own life...

....man, I just want Midna in Smash, and an Assist Trophy is not cutting it....But, this is what the ballot is for...Vote for who you want, not who you think will get in, I want Midna and the Ballot gives me hope that she can override her role as an Assist Trophy and ascend into playability!

10. Inklings
9. Banjo & Kazooie
8. Ganon
7. Ashley
6. Shantae
5. Wolf
4. Impa
3. Ridley
2. Dark Samus
1. Midna

10-Shantae
9-Sceptile
8-Krystal
7-Zoroark
6-Banjo & Kazooir
5-Crash Bandicoot
4-Ridley
3-Dark Samus
2-Midna
1-Impa

Last edited:

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I'd be happy with almost any new, nonclone character and I'll pretty much vote for any interesting character.
My most wanted however might be unrealistic but I chose them for for two reasons: 1) I feel their games deserve more respect and popularity, which Marth and Roy have taught us Smash can give, and 2) I think they could have really interesting fighting styles or mechanics.

10. Savvy Stylist (Savvy Stylist/Girl Mode): @ DustyPumpkin DustyPumpkin was able convert me with their support thread. D:

9. Inkling (Splatoon): I just think they have a very smart design and could have very interesting gameplay.

8. Solid Snake (Metal Gear): He was such an interesting character to play as in Brawl. I know he's a stretch, seeing as their hasn't been any Metal Gear games on a Nintendo console in awhile but really don't like loosing unique characters.

7. Anges Oblige (Bravely Default): Bravely Default was a fairly successful game for a 3DS exclusive JRPG and I think having her use the Job Asterisk system would lead to interesting gameplay. It doesn't hurt that a sequel is coming out in August.

6. Mr. Resetti (Animal Crossing): Resetti was my favorite assist-trophy in Brawl and I think Animal Crossing deserves another fighter.

5. Bandana Dee (Kirby): Some people say that Kirby has enough fighters at three but I disagree and think four would be a nice number to have.

4. Marina Liteyears (Mischief Makers): Mischief Makers is a game I hold very close to my heart and is without a doubt my favorite N64 game. It may be old and obscure but I feel that Marina could be a very interesting character in the roster. I also feel like the N64 era could use some more love.

3. Mallo (Pushmo & Crashmo): Seeing Mallo on that English Ballot results chart made me out out and buy the game just to see why people chose him and I see why. Pushmo and Crashmo are interesting puzzle games that involve pushing and climbing blocks and getting to a set goal and I think this could lead to an interesting character. He could also represent the eShop which doesn't have a fighter yet.

2. Chibi-Robo: I loved Chibi-Robo on the Game Cube and really wanted to play the second on the DS (the eShop game is kind of meh). Chibi has been a trophy in Smash since Melee. I really think the series deserve some more love.

1. Calista (The Last Story): With seeing all the hype Xenoblade is receiving recently, I think the other two Project Rainfall games (The Last Story and Pandora's Tower) have a chance at a revival. Calista made more sense to me then Zael because Zael could-and-probably-would end up like a FE/Shulk clone.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
10: Tails
09: Roy
08: Isaac
07: Impa
06: Ryu
05: Klonoa
04: Ridley (Melee Intro Design)
03: Wolf
02: Ice Climbers
01: King K. Rool

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
11. Shrek - I would honestly do this to see how all the trolls react. It would be magical.

------------------------------------------------

10. Machamp - when you think about the words "fighting" and "Pokémon", the #1 Pokemon that comes to mind for me is Machamp. IMO he should've been the second Pokemon to be included in Smash after Pikachu

9. Reggie - No, this is not a joke. Reggie has developed a cult and mainstream following. He has enough catchphrases/personality traits to be developed into a moveset. Zombie Reggie likes french food, purple pikmin, my body is ready balance board, could use wii mote-nunchucks

8. Ray MK - This guy just looks so bad*ss, kind of like Boba Fett. Could fly around on a jetpack, shoot lasers and his gun

7. Banjo and Kazooie - legendary from the N64 days. So many possibilities for a moveset (shoot eggs, headbutt); would be a total nostalgia rush and really bring a whole new feel to the game

6. Geno

5. Goemon

4. Krystal

3. Dixie Kong

2. K. Rool

1. Ridley

I really don't feel like explaining anymore, and explaining Ridley and K. Rool would be so pointless...

I'm probably forgetting someone...

Spootondorf

Smash Apprentice
10. Knuckles (Sonic)
Needed a 10, didn't have anyone else in mind. I liked Knuckles way back in his first "official" game, Sonic & Knuckles , but I'm not a big fan of Sonic (the character) in Smash, and Knuckles would be a bit too similar for my liking, despite being able to glide.

9. Banjo and Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie)
Never played their games beyond the store kiosk, but they looked really fun, and the moveset would definitely be very interesting, what with being able to switch between the two characters for control. Might play a little bit like Duck Hunt when playing as Banjo. Unfortunately, the characters are now Microsoft property, along with my #4.

8. K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
He's my #1's biggest rival for the Smash Ballot, but we need more villains and retro representation, and I'm sure he has good potential for a moveset, though I haven't seen him beyond the first Donkey Kong Country.

7. Inkling (Splatoon)
Not sure if I'll get Splatoon, but I can see a very fun moveset being attached to any of these characters from the game. Gun, bomb, paint roller, movement along the ground in paint, jumping as a squid... yeah, sounds cool!

6. Toon Ganondorf (Zelda: Wind Waker)
I want Toon Ganondorf only if his inclusion would give me the opportunity to play as a Ganondorf with more canonical moves. Ganondorf has been my main since Melee and I really like him as a game character, so I could really go for this.

Now for newcomers that I am extremely fond of.

5. Amaterasu (Okami)
From an excellent Zelda-like game that never did get enough attention on first (and second) release. Attractive character art style, a tiny swordsman on her head, the Celestial Brush, three distinct weapons, and the ability to bite, and relieve herself on, enemies, would make Ammy a very fun and entertaining fighter to use.

4. Steve (Minecraft)
Minecraft is a drug. Watching a blocky character with a single facial expression stiff-leggedly run around whacking people with a sword and pickaxe would be the epitome of comedy. With an Ender Pearl, a lava bucket, and more for specials or smashes, how could I resist? But hey, Microsoft, so it ain't happenin'.

3. Dark Samus (Metroid Prime 2, 3)
Another villain, and the coolest and creepiest Metroid character besides Samus (despite what those dino-dragon-lovers say), Dark Samus was a truly unique threat in the Prime trilogy and would have a truly interesting moveset based on Phazon.

2. Young Link (Zelda: Majora's Mask)
I'm no fan of Toon Link, and I think that the original Young Link's clone status was unfortunate. There's enormous potential for a great moveset when you consider all the masks that Link had access to in Majora's Mask, especially the three primary transformation ones and the Fierce Deity's Mask (Final Smash material). Unfortunately, there wouldn't be a great way to use the transformation masks without actually transforming -- a feature that was removed from Smash as of Smash 4 and that proved troublesome in Brawl.

1. Isaac / Felix / Matthew (Golden Sun)
Isaac (really, any of these three, the other two of which could easily be alts) has the greatest potential for a unique moveset of anyone on this list, what with earth magic (both rocks and plants), Djinn attacks, summons, weapon unleashes, and his hand-based magics (excellent for grabs and throws). He's also from a popular series on the GBA (and later on the DS) that barely exists in Smash (two songs in Smash 4; one song, an Assist Trophy, and a regular trophy in Brawl). With his potential, popularity, and the underrepresentation of his series, he deserves the #1 slot more than anyone, giant crocodiles and waddling heads with appendages included.

Last edited:

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
10. Groose (lulz)
9. Zoroark
8. Wailord (lulz again)
7. Kraid
6. Rundas
5. Anthony Higgs
4. Lanky Kong (lulz)
3. Dr Eggman
2. Solid Snake
1. Wolf

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
10. Waluigi: funny character also he is the Luigi to Warios Mario.
9. Bomberman: I liked his games and i always compare him to Pac_Man
8. Rayman: great games great character.
7. Krystal: Only Starfox rep left (besides Wolf) that i like and would not be another semi-clone
6. Captain Toad: Toad is very iconic to me and with captain toad he has big potential now
5. Dixie Kong: Dk needs love
4. Isaac: Golden Sun needs a rep
3. Inkling: i like the style of the game and their look
2. Ridley: he is a dragon
1. King K Rool: Dk needs love and he should have benn in since Brawl

Burruni

Smash Hero
10) Ice Climbers: As Wolf is almost guaranteed for DLC, these are the only veterans I truly wish for a return. The fact that 3DS's power ultimately got them cut is just painful.
9) Marshal (Rhythm Heaven): My preferred Rhythm Heaven character to show off the series with a :4gaw:or :4villager:kind of moveset based around him using bits from a wide variety of the mini-games.
8) Captain Toad: Honestly on here out of respect to his fans alone.
7) Anna: A Fire Emblem character that ISN'T a protagonist but has a reoccurring appearance and would have a swift thief-like moveset with plenty of tools from her role as a shopkeeper to be a quirky fighter? Sign me up!
6) Donbe & Hikari: My retroes of choice. A 2-in-1 like :4duckhunt:with a moveset revolving around Japanese culture.
5) Isaac: Much like Captain Toad, but for a character I care about more.
4) Ganon: A more resident villain of Zelda. The Heavy Magic-toting moveset people ask for in :4ganondorf:. There's no kind of lance/spear/trident user on the roster. 2 Zeldas :4zelda::4sheik: 2 Links :4link::4tlink: 2 Ganons:4ganondorf:+ Ganon
3) King K. Rool: Honestly one of the most deserved newcomers and a character that in general needs to come back to the starlight. I'm not even that big of a fan of him nor have I seen a moveset I've really like made by fans, but this is a character who has just EARNED their spot.
2) Inkling: :roymelee: proves we can get characters before their games come out. It's become a wildfire of creativity and popularity with an incredibly little amount people have actually gotten to play. New Nintendo IPs are feast or famine. Smash would be a great way to keep the series popular and "relevant" to push it towards more done with it.
1) Bandana Dee: Cute. The fourth most important Kirby character after :4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight:. Has become more popular in recent years and being used more and more, even in games where :4dedede:and/or :4metaknight:are completely absent. People call him the Captain Toad of the series, but frankly his usage and role within his homeland is far more resembling :rosalina:. Also the usage of a Spear, which nobody currently does, and the wide movepool from everything that the Dees have used across the series.

Mask and Mirror

Smash Apprentice
10. Krystal - I don't know why she's been overlooked, given that she's the only main Starfox character with potential for a very different moveset, what with her staff and all. If there were to be an addition from Starfox, she's definitely first choice.

9. Horace - I'm not big on third-party characters, but in for a penny, in for a pound! Horace was the videogame mascot of my childhood, and seeing him again would be amazing. Also I am sure the liscence would be cheap.

8. Roy - Roy played completely differently from the other Fire Emblem characters, so I really miss him. I think he'd be a very welcome return.

7. Young Cricket - Definitely the Warioware character with the most potential as a fighter. The series is underrepresented, and the art style would stand out as interesting and different.

6. Inkling - This game looks awesome and the characters, being half-squid have potential for a very exciting and different move pool. Might be hard to program, but squirting ink and then diving into it would be awesome.

5. Trace (Metroid Prime Hunters) - Metroid has few characters, so it is unsurprising that it doesn't have many. Trace is an incredibly cool-looking character with personality and oddness. I think the hunters from this game would be a good source of additional metroid material, and Trace is my favourite. He also transforms into a cool turret and use stealth powers. I have no interest in Ridley. He's too big, he's boring... I don't get all the fanboyism about him. He's not a very prominent character, not very interesting, and I just don't think he'd work as a fighter.

4. Paper Mario - There really should be a Paper Mario character in Smash, and the main guy probably makes the most sense if there is only to be one. Paper Mario brings a lot to the table; his unique and striking look, and the many different modes of attack he has had throughout his various games. So many possibilities!

3. Shantae - She's doing well right now, so it's a good time to bring her in. She has a lot of potential, and she's very sexy too. I think Smash can stand a mite more fanservice, especially with all the cute guys it already has.

2. Chibi Robo - Since this series has been quite popular, I am surprised that there is no Chibi Robo content in the game, save for maybe a trophy. There's lots of scope here. I think he would attack with his power cable and cleaning brush and maybe stun opponents with a camera flash?

1. Captain Rainbow - An absolute must. A hilarious character and very different from everyone already present. So what if he's not known in the west... he should be! A cool thing about this game is its inclusion of other lesser known Nintendo characters from other franchises, which could help with designing his move pool.

Honourable mentions!

Teleroboxer, Sheriff, Pichu, Doshin, Donbe and Hikari, Takamaru, Ice Climbers, Savvy Stylist, Mona, Ashley, Monita, Starfy, Waluigi, Dizzy, Prince of the Yolk Folk, Vivian, 8-Bit Mario, One of the Wonderful 101 Folks, Reggie Fils-Aime (Kind of a cult figure, it'd be hilarious)

Last edited:

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
10. Solid Snake - I only list him at ten because he is the only returning character I would like to see make a come back. I would rather see new movesets but, I would love to have him back as well.

9. Isaac (Golden Sun) - I really think Golden Sun is under represented in SSB and I think Isaac makes the most sense.

8. Knuckles - If Sonic gets a second rep I think Knuckles would be a fine addition.

7. Bomberman - The guy is a gaming icon, if he doesn't make it as DLC he should definitely be considered for the next game.

6. Shovel Knight - Shovel Knight was a love story to anyone who came up in the 8 bit era like me. It was a love story to Nintendo history and this guy would be great.

5. Shantae - All of her games have only been on Nintendo platforms and she just has the looks of a Nintendo character. Her games are great and she has a huge potential for a moveset.

4. Bayonetta- WIth her latest game being a Wii U exclusive this is a no brainer. Bring her in as DLC and possibly boost sales for Bayonetta 2 it would be two birds with one stone.

3. Banjo Kazooie - Even though these guys are owned by Microsoft, they will always be Nintendo character in my heart. From Diddy Kong Racing to Banjo Tooie I have been on some great adventures with these two.

2. Geno - Super Mario RPG is still one of my favorite RPGs of all time and Geno is just such a stand out character it is a crime for him not to be the star of his own series or at least making appearances in other games. If Square Enix wont use him then they should allow Nintendo to do so.

1. Amaterasu - Okami captured my heart and is my favorite game of all time. Amaterasu herself has only appeared on Nintendo once and that was in Okami for the Wii. Okamiden was released for the DS but it followed the journey of her pup. Now I know other characters have more history with Nintendo but, Amaterasu is just an awesome character and having her in Smash Brothers could really put, Okami back on the radar.

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
10. Machoke - Being one of my favorite pokemon I figured he make a good fighter but seeing as everyone seems to favor Machamp and him being in pokken tournament leaves little for Machoke so I guess I can dream.

9. The Shadow Queen - One of my favorite villains from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and the reason I chose her is because it would be nice to have another villain and also the first playable female villain too, of course she will be similar to Peach only much slower but yet powerful with her dark magic making a very interesting moveset or maybe she could of been Peach's final smash just like Bowser's Giga form.

8. Dust - Seeing as everyone seems to be voting for indie characters I thought I vote for him even though he has no chance but he would make a very good fighter that has a unique move set, he is from a indie game called Dust: An Elysian Tail

7. Red Saravin - He is from a DS game called Solatorobo: Red the Hunter and one of my favorite rpg games I can easily picture him as a unique fighter and his final smash can be his robotic Dahak that he pilots. His game was also published by Bandai Namco.

6. Klonoa - Another character from Bandai Namco his game came out on the Wii and is still one of my favorite games to play, his move set can be his ring to double jump and his big floppy ears can be used for standard attacks and such.

5. Leon - The F-Zero series has a lot of characters and Captain Falcon is the only rep along with Samurai Goroh but he is an assist trophy, so I thought I chose Leon because he is one of my favorite racers and his move set would be completely new since we hardly see what he is capable of? besides being a very flexible and energetic wolf I believe he would be a speedy character.

4. Solid Snake - It would be nice to see Snake return as DLC with new movesets and what not.

3. Tails - If Sonic ever gets a second rep I think Tails would be a good choice seeing as he is like the second main character of the Sonic series.

2. King K. Rool - The DK series needs another rep and he is the most perfect one seeing as we will get a newcomer and villain at the same time.

1. Wolf - Being one of my favorite characters from star fox and one of my mains in Brawl I do hope he comes back as DLC because Smash 4 needs more villains and I wonder why Wolf was cut in favor of Falco? I would've been fine if they cut Falco because he is more of a clone of Fox than Wolf, must be the yaoi obsession with those two...which I'm also guilty of but I much prefer Fox with Wolf

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm including a mixture of veterans and newcomers. Honourable mentions go to Squirtle and Ivysaur; I couldn't prioritize one over the other, so with only one spot left, I had to leave them off the list.

10. Ice Climbers - I feel like removing an entire series from Smash Bros. defeats the purpose of it being a massive video game crossover, even if the series is as small as Ice Climber. The Ice Climbers' tag-team mechanic was really unique among Smash Bros. characters - Rosalina is close, but not quite the same, and it seems weird that characters who have been part of the franchise since Melee would be removed entirely.

9. Isa Jo (Sin & Punishment) - this spot could have gone either to him or to his father, Saki, but I went with Isa - gameplay-wise, the two seem pretty much identical (though I'm only halfway through Sin & Punishment Star Successor, so I don't know if that changes), with the exception of Isa's jetpack, which I feel gives him the edge over Saki in terms of working better as a playable character. Sin & Punishment isn't the most successful franchise out there, but it did get a game released on the Wii which even came out overseas (surprising, since the original game was exclusive to Japan before the Virtual Console release). While it doesn't seem likely, I'd still like to see a Sin & Punishment character in Smash Bros., and in terms of gameplay, Isa seems like the most interesting one.

8. Wonder Red - I don't even know where to begin with this character; there are just so many possibilities! There's the various Unite Weapons that the other Wonderful 101 members use, but even if you just limit it to Unite Hand, there's still tons that can be done with Wonder Red. While I haven't finished the Wonderful 101 yet, it's still a really fun game to play, with so much energy to it that I'd still be excited if Wonder Red made it in even if I haven't experienced all that the game has to offer.

7. Wolf - another Brawl veteran. Unlike Ice Climbers or Snake, he doesn't represent an entire series, but he falls into a similar position that Lucas did - he was unique enough to stand out on his own as a fighter, unlike Roy, Young Link, or Pichu, and with a new Star Fox game coming out, it seems weird that his series outright lost content between Brawl and this game. I never really used Wolf much, but I feel like he was unique enough that removing him was a mistake.

6. Midna - I find it ridiculous that Zelda still has basically the same characters in Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS that it did in Melee, which came out fourteen years ago. It's not like they stopped making games for the series, and there are some characters introduced in that time who stand out quite a bit. Midna's probably among the most prominent examples; even in Hyrule Warriors, a game celebrating Zelda's history, she's one of the very few characters who has two different versions of herself as playable, along with Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. It seemed odd that she was made into an assist trophy when she would have worked well as a playable character.

5. Rayman - part of this is due to the Smashified artwork getting me to think of the possibilities, but even if that didn't happen, Rayman would still be in my top ten. Rayman Legends was one of the best 2D platformers in years (definitely better than the New Super Mario Bros. games, and I'd at least argue that it's better than Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze), and that game (as well as Rayman Origins) basically gives him an entire moveset for Smash Bros. (or at least most of his basic attacks and several specials). Seeing as he's (more or less) the mascot of one of the bigger third party companies, I feel like he'd work well in Smash Bros.

4. Bayonetta - I'm not sure whether she'd be considered a Sega character or a Platinum character; however, I consider her a Platinum character since she's only appeared in games by that company, including one (the Wonderful 101) that Sega had absolutely nothing to do with. In either case, Bayonetta 2 was a major Nintendo exclusive - it was met with almost universal acclaim, has some of the best gameplay that this generation has to offer, and is downright over-the-top from start to finish. Nintendo even listed Bayonetta alongside their own characters in a recent advertising campaign, something that they didn't do for any other third party franchise. From a gameplay perspective, there's so much that can be done with the character - the most common complaints about her that I've seen are the raunchy content of her games and her use of guns, but she appeared in Anarchy Reigns and the Wonderful 101 with very little in terms of suggestive content while still feeling like the same character, and there are so many other options for her moves that don't involve guns - even fighting unarmed would still give a ton of material, and that's not even getting into the other weapons. While she's probably the longest shot of the third party characters that I'd like to see, I still feel like she'd be a fantastic addition.

3. King K. Rool - I find it odd that, despite having two major releases since Brawl, Donkey Kong basically got no new content in this version of Smash Bros., while a single instalment was enough to get Punch-Out a new character, and Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem two new characters (to be fair, in both cases, one of those two characters are clones, but if the Roy rumour is true, it means that Fire Emblem will have five characters in one game of Smash Bros. before Donkey Kong gets one, which seems absurd). While Dixie played a more prominent role (in other words, she had one) in those games, I'd rather see K. Rool because I feel like he has so much more to work with. (though I'd be fine with either)

2. Solid Snake - my main from Brawl. Of all of the characters who were removed between Brawl and the latest games, Snake's cut seems to be the most noticeable. He had a really unique trap-oriented playstyle, and as it currently stands, there is absolutely nobody on the current roster who feels the same. I got into Metal Gear because of Smash Bros., and seeing as he's the character who's responsible for third party characters getting into Smash Bros. in the first place (given how late Sonic was added into Brawl, we might not have gotten him in Smash Bros. if Snake hadn't been added to the game!), removing him just seems wrong to me.

1. Ridley - let's be honest - it's long overdue. He's easily the second most prominent character in Metroid after Samus herself, one of the more requested first party characters, and the boss fights against him are generally the highlight of that particular Metroid game. I didn't even get into Metroid until the Metroid Prime games, but I find it odd that Ridley fans are being ignored and given half-hearted (and mostly hypocritical) excuses for why one of their favourite characters can't get in while we get some pretty questionable choices for the actual roster. Personally, I don't consider his size to be that big of an issue; there are plenty of examples showing that he can be scaled down (a lot of it has to do with his stance, and I feel like a lot of the time, the people who dislike Ridley seem to have him mixed up with Kraid given how they treat him as though he's three screens tall and act like his size is an integral part of who he is), and characters get scaled up or down all the time in Smash Bros. relative to others in their series (compared to Mewtwo, Pikachu is massive, and Palutena's shorter than Pit in Smash Bros. when it should be the other way around).

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Warning, there be plenty of 3rd party here

10 - Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight)

Ok so this one is probably just not going to happen, and I know that, but I've fallen in love with the idea of Nintendo acknowledging the fantastic game and the fact that it's console release was on Nintendo first. The character fits in too well for me not to want it, but I must face the reality that this is not going to happen.

9 - Sturm (Advance Wars)

I love Advance Wars, and aside from SSB or their various party games (Kart included), Advance Wars is the only Nintendo IP I genuinely got into and followed (Zelda would have been up there had I been more in touch with the current console generations). Using the iconic villain of the Advance Wars franchise would be fantastic, and his CO Power of a meteor strike would just be an epic thing to fit into his kit, not to mention he'd be another option for a large character and more villains is always good.

8 - Waluigi (Mario Spin-Offs)

As I just mentioned, Advance Wars was just about the only franchise from Nintendo that I've truly fallen in love with besides their party games, and what better character to use to represent those games than he who really embraces what it's like to play them; Waluigi, the dirty scheming cheat of the Mario world. I really think that Waluigi has good moveset potential between dirty tactics (his assist trophy's stomp for example) and the sports and other spin offs (like Peach's side smash). Also you gotta have all 4 to put the bros in Smash bros.

7 - Dark Samus (Metroid)

Samus is one of my favourite smash characters, so I wouldn't even be mad about a clone, but Dark Samus has much more moveset potential beyond that (as her assist trophy would again demonstrate). I also like having more vallains, and I'm firmly of the camp that Ridley would just be horrendously awkward to smashify well. Plus it cements the Metroid series as the story of Samus, not Samus vs big bad.

6 - Rayman (Rayman)

I firmly believe that if Ubisoft hadn't screwed the pooch on the exclusivity of Legends, Rayman would probably be in Smash already. He's an awesome and unique character who many grew up with, and who's had his renaissance period lately. Not much more to say, he's an icon to me at the very least, being on of the first PC games I played. I think he'd do well in Smash.

5 - Sami (Advance Wars)

Again, I really like Advance Wars, and Sami is one hell of a kickass character in it. I developed a kind of AW based moveset that changed to suit the characters of the series, and Sami's adaption of it was actually the one I enjoyed the idea of the most. What more is there to say, badass female from on of my favourite games (also Nintendo pls make more Advance Wars).

4 - Bandana Dee (Kirby)

This votes mostly on style rather than character, but Smash needs a spear wielder, and Bandana Dee is the last of the main Kirby cast not to be in the game. C'mon, dude's adorable, just add him already.

3 - Shantae (Shantae)

Great original character who's been loyal to the Nintendo console for a while. She has an interesting moveset potential and would be kickass to see played. I don't really know what else to say, maybe use it as a way of launching her games in Japan.

2 - Bomberman (Bomberman)

Much of my childhood was spent playing multiplayer Bomberman vs my sister. He's another icon that hasn't had a good game recently, and his art style is very suitable. I feel like the further down the list I got the less I have to say about the characters, they just seem obvious additions to me.

1 - Andy (Advance Wars)

So yeah, here's my AW love again. Andy would be great, he's the main protagonist of the series, a loveable knucklehead and his spanners would be something unique to Smash. Oh, something else to think about for the addition of AW characters to smash: Nintendo's decision to release the Fire Emblem games into the western markets was largely influenced by the characters popularity in Melee and the already successful Advance Wars series showing that the west enjoyed the type of gameplay. Well FE fans, it's time to pay us back, you guys got to have your resurgence, help us with ours.

EDIT: With some rethinking, characters I missed in the list that probably would have made top 10 (although I'm uncertain of placement) are:

? - Wonder Red (Wonderful 101)

Great game, and although there's only one it played a significant role for the system in helping to fill the void of games before and major Nintendo releases on the Wii U, and it was a great game to boot.

? - Ashley (Wario Ware)

Probably not super high on the list, but the Wario Ware series deserves more representatives and Ashley is a cool and cute character from it with an awesome theme tune already in the game. Also I'm a sucker for magic users.

? - Captain Toad (Mario/Captain Toad)

Toad deserves to be a character, but Captain Toad allows him to be something a bit more unique and provides somewhat more of a moveset. Probably the highest out of the ones that slipped my mind, but I'm not going to rework the list.

? - Ryu (Street Fighter)

Big Street Fighter fan, and bringing a classic fighting game character into this weird and wonderful version of fighting games would be super interesting, plus there's something I love about the idea of Daigo Umehara coming over to the Sm4sh scene and whooping some ass.

? - Tetra/Toon Zelda (Zelda Windwaker)

Ok, this one should definitely be high on the list, probably actually in top 3. Zelda is my main and the Windwaker series is actually my favourite Zelda iteration. I'm kicking myself for forgetting about this until now, but this is definitely one I want.

Honorable mentions for those I'm not particularly invested in, but support the idea of would go to:

K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Isaac, Banjo and Kazooie, Simon Belmont, Inkling, Spyro (childhood favourite but will never happen) and an original Ganon.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
10. Sami (Advance Wars) : I have never been a big fan of Andy because he was fairly annoying and Sami has always been much coolr than him anyway. Plus she's female and could take Snake's moveset for those who miss him. Her design is pretty cool as well, but I guess she couldn't use her guns.

9. Sofia/MIa (Golden Sun) : Obviously, if we get a Golden Sun character it will be Isaac and it will be fine with me, but Mia is my favorite character from the series. Her design, color scheme, personality, clothes, attacks, Djinns... I literally liked everything about her in the original games.

8 : Stafy : I had such high hopes for him to be a fighter after his pitiful appearance as an assist trophy in Brawl (when I was already hoping for him to be a fighter) but nope, got screwed yet again. I feel like his lack of relevance/popularity outside of Japan hurts him, but one can dream, right ?

7. Ashley : Cute little witch, if she could take Mona's place in my top ten easily but I feel that she isn't the second main character of the Wario Ware series, so she's lower.

6. Gardevoir : I had huge hopes for her to be playable before Brawl, and then not only did she only get in as a Pokéball but I saw that in her place they had added Lucario, probably one of my most despised Pokémon. Oh yeah, and they had removed both Mewtwo and Pichu so I was pretty annoyed. She probably missed her opportunity but she'll always be in my top 10.

5. Mona : I feel like the Wario series is fairly unrepresented in the SSB series. I would love for Wario to be more of a Wario Land / World character and Mona to be a quirky Wario Ware one, but I feel like it will never happen.

4. (Bandana) Waddle Dee : Another cute character that I have supported after Super Smash Bros Melee's release. I was disappointed that he didn't get in Brawl, and even more disappointed that he ended up missing the SSB4 boat again (like so many of my top 10 lol).

3. Dixie Kong : Seriously, Dixie is my third favorite DK character after Donkey Kong himself and Enguarde the swordfish. When I was a kid I would always ditch Diddy and always play as Dixie because she was awesome with her gliding abilities.

2. Krystal : Ever since her apparition in Adventures, I thought this character was really awesome. I suppose my want for her manifested itself pre-brawl, and I was thoroughly disappointed when Wolf got in and not her even though the roster in itself was a big disappointment to me anyways. She could be a pretty original fighter, and she's fairly popular as well.

1. Toad/Captain Toad : It doesn't matter which one, they're pretty much one and the same. I really don't feel like explaining why he deserves to be in or why I support him given his incredible popularity and iconic status.

---

So, lots of females in this top 10 but I can't say I have been spoiled with the SSB4 roster. This top 10 already was my Brawl top 10 after all.

D

Deleted member

The characters listed in my signature as Dream DLC Fighters are who i want. I know Ryu is coming, but i am just sayin'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Snake: Was an interesting fighter in Brawl, and should have seniority over other 3rd party picks at this point.

Ridley:
Gave up on him several times, but at this point, just about everything Sakurai said would never happen has happened....so I expect Ridley sooner or later.

Toad: Would be a perfect shoe-in for Smash 5. Has been demanded since the original, and now that he has his own game, he is a perfect candidate for the series. A Toadette alt also makes this a great choice!

Inklings: Same as Toad. A perfect shoe-in for Smash 5. I don't think they will be DLC as they are great promotion material for the future title, and they are the front runner for new post Smash 4 IP rep.

Banjo Kazooie:
My favorite series of all time, and they have a great legacy with Nintendo. Its a shame Microsoft stole them away, but the fact they are willing to put them in Smash says a lot. Id be very excited to see them happen.

Dixie Kong:
Planned for Brawl and a great choice for a much needed DK rep.....although theres one other I'd prefer!!

Ice Climbers:
Such an easy choice for DLC......they are already finished. Sakurai had them working on Wii U,
and had them made on 3DS, but couldnt get them tweaked in time for full release. Its been 6 months since the release of the 3DS game, and they had plenty of time to get them working. I'm expecting their announcement fairly soon!

Wolf:
Loved the direction they went with Wolf in Brawl, and hes important to the Starfox series. With Starfox U coming out this year, I'd say hes very likely to return.....and much welcomed return at that!

Chorus Kids:
They were planned for the full game, and still possible for DLC. Their moveset could be very unique, and RH is the only major unrepped Nintendo series at the moment. If they don't get in as DLC, they are extremely likely for Smash 5.

K Rool:
Given he is universally popular, he is a villain rep, his moveset writes itself, and hes from a series begging for a new rep, I'd say K Rool is an extremely safe bet for future DLC.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
10. Chibi Robo
9. Excitebiker
8. Ray
7. Daitoryo.
6. Ridley
5. Chorus Kids.
4.Paper Mario.
3. Andy (Advance Wars). Wars has almost as many games as FE, but it only has 1 assist trophy.
2. Banjo and Kazooie. A classic nintendo character in every respect but one. According to Phil spencer, that may not be a problem.
1. Toad or Captain Toad. One of the most iconic video game characters around. Long overdue.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
10.) Anyone from F-Zero who isnt samurai goroh

9.) Guts Man

8.) Wolf Link (and Midna)

7.) Wonder Red

6.) Banjo Kazooie

5.) Pico (F-Zero)

4.) Ray 01 (Custom Robo)

3.) Dillon

2.) Wolf O'Donnell

1.) Shovel Knight
God it would be neat, he is like the retro offspring of some of the greatest NES/SNES classics. Very few games Ive played give off the charm that Shovel Knight did and I would love to see him in smash. If any indie game character deserves in its him

If they are a trophy who cares they could easily just have that trophy not appear if a certain fighter is in play and its doubtful assist trophy characters would get in.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
10. Abraham Lincoln/Henry Fleming (Codename STEAM) - Intelligent Systems' new IP. I have to say the Steam would make for an interesting mechanic for either of these characters. Buffing moves with Steam and debuffing the moves when out of Steam. Would make for a more ranged fighter with A.B.E as the Final Smash (if it's Lincoln).

9. Anna (Fire Emblem) - Two long standing characters in the Fire Emblem series. Anna has been in every Fire Emblem released to date bar one, typically as the shopkeeper or a tutorial provider. Being a shopkeeper she could have a very wide array of moves to draw from using Axes, Lances, Tomes or item buffs like Speedwings or Energy Drops. She'd use a sword by default and use a Stave for healing as her playable appearance had her join as a Sword/Stave user. The stave could work like Robin's Tomes and Levin Sword with the durability. Pick them heals wisely.

8. Tiki (Fire Emblem) - Tiki has had some importance to the story in the games that she's in and has the benefit of being a Manakete. She could incorporate her dragon form into a variety of moves.

7. Dark Samus (Metroid) - The Phazon powered antagonist of the Metroid Prime Trilogy. Whilst some would think Dark Samus could be a Samus clone I personally feel this big bad could be a semi-clone at worst. She's already got a few moves in her assist trophy appearance and could make use of other abilities such as regeneration and Phazon versions of Samus' moves (preferably ones not in Smash like the Speed Booster (oh hai Pretty Palutena)

6. Hades (Kid Icarus) - This loveable, trolly Lord of the Underworld is perfect for Smash. A wide array of moves such as Soulnados (oh hai Mortal Kombat), his "Devastation Ensemble" and Eye lasers. He also boasts a brilliant flair and attitude that can be represented well in Smash with mocking taunts to do with other fighters and the way he walks. Raptor, Hercules form would be a good Final Smash where he grows giant and fires off his final Attack he charges at the end of Uprising.

5. Fawful (Mario and Luigi) - The recurring antagonist of the first 3 M&L games. Not only does he boast a quirky design (that smile and those glasses) but he has a variety of gadgets to employ against other fighters. His Pistol, Vacuum-Jet Pack and employing some of the Dark Star power as well. I absolutely love this guy and want to see him deliver other characters to the "Mustard of their doom!"

4. Isaac (Golden Sun) - Why was he removed as an assist trophy from this game? We might never know. Being a recurring protagonist in all Golden Sun games Isaac has seniority over other characters in his series being the main protagonist in most of the series (or being the father of DD's protagonist). His moveset's easy to come up with. Utilize his Earth bending Psynergy and a mix of sword moves.

3. A Xenoblade character - Heavy Spoiler Alert
Mumkhar - "But he died at the prologue!" Nope. This sinister man shows up later on as the menacing Face Mechon, Metal Face. Mumkhar serves as the main antagonist of the game up until around the halfway point. Until then Shulk and the others had journeyed up the Bionis to avenge Fiora's death at his claws back in Colony 9. Not only is he an important reason for Shulk to go on his journey but he's a frequent appearance in the game from Colony 9 to Colony 6 and onwards. So how would he fight? Think Wolverine in MvC. Yup. Now employ his arts from the Prologue and Boss Fight at Valak Mountain and make Metal Face the final smash. Done. I'd accept any Xenoblade character not named Sharla or Juju. I just want this guy the most with Seven, Melia and Cross in close pursuit. And hey! Sakurai doesn't care for spoilers. Why else would he spoil Seven or a late boss like Jade face?

2. King K Rool (Donkey Kong) - Donkey Kong is long deserving of a third character. SSB needs more villains than Bowser, Bowser Jr and Ganondorf (DDD, Wario, Wolf, Dark Pit and Mewtwo aren't villains in my book). Main antagonist in 7 main games on the SNES, Game Boy and N64. He's gotten recent appearances in Virtual console releases of said games. His Personas in each game would make for great moveset and costume potential. He's a perfect choice for the roster.

1. Ridley (Metroid) - "Too Big!" Sentinel. "No moveset potential/too OP!" Don't make video games. Ever.
So why do I want the big (huehuehue) bad of the Metroid series? For that reason. His attack on Samus' planet led to his fateful encounter with her and made them enemies for eternity. He's the most recurring character of the series behind only Samus Aran herself. His moveset potential is off the charts. Plasma in various different forms, Wings, Claws, Tail, Grabs and Grinds. Only he and Dark Samus are logical reps for Metroid given recurring appearances as main antagonists as opposed to other choices like Rundas and Sylux.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
10. Ridley (Metroid)

Samus Aran's arch-nemesis, leader of the Space Pirates and scourge of the galaxy. As well as the potential for an interesting and creative moveset involving his penchant for prolonged flight, the mere announcement of Ridley's presence would yield ineffable hype.

9. Isabelle (Animal Crossing)

This quirky lass is your personal assistant and mayoral secretary in Animal Crossing: New Leaf - and what a dote she is! From filing paperwork to keeping the town's infrastructure in top shape, there's no problem too big or small for her to handle! Clumsy as she is, though, those files and tools are liable to fall on people, and I daresay she knows how to fight to defend her town and its people. Fighting with the unerring power of democracy itself would be nothing short of welcome, methinks.

8. Professor Layton (Professor Layton)

"A true gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved!" A moveset based around solving puzzles and using his various homemade gadgets would be very fun, and the Professor himself is a much-beloved character from the stellar puzzle-'em-up series that helped defined the DS / 3DS canon.

7. Shantae (Shantae)

Because why wouldn't you want to play as a stunningly attractive half-genie bellydancing shapeshifter pirate indie platforming icon hero?

6. Inkling (Splatoon)

One of Nintendos newest IPs and already being hyped to maximum potential, Inkling's fighting style would be unlike any else in Smash: splattering the stage with ink and traversing their coloured trails to leap out and strike with guns, grenades, sprinklers and rollers would be a very creative moveset and would no doubt be incredibly fun to play. That and they're absolutely adorable with their t-shirts and short shorts.

5. Anna (Fire Emblem)

Fire Emblem's long-time mascot and recurring cameo character, Anna is a shopkeeper with more than a few tricks up her sleeves: as she says herself, prices aren't the only thing she can cut in half! With her trusty sword in hand (not to mention staves, spears, axes, bows, tomes, potions and goodness knows what else), she's a real force to be reckoned with. Slashing prices and her opponents in one fell swoop - now that's service with a smile~!

4. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)

The adorable simian pal of DK and friends, Dixie's presence would round out the iconic heroes of the DK series, not to mention that she could put that legendary hair of hers to good use. Packing her trademark ponytail, bubblegum gun, guitar and Animal Buddies, she'd be a very fun and exciting character in her own right.

3. K. Rool (Donkey Kong)

The perennial adversary of the Kong family and a consummate troublemaker, K. Rool's got it all: a throwing krown, blunderbuss, helicopter pack, boxing gloves, kannonballs, even the notorious Blast-O-Matic. A heavyweight fighter with a host of projectiles and a tricky setup style would definitely stand out in the roster, and his quirky mannerisms and hysterical antics would make him a surefire hit with the fans.

2. Tiki (Fire Emblem)

The Voice of Naga has been present in Fire Emblem since the beginning, and Awakening has only served to bolster her appeal as a fighter unlike any other. With her Dragonstone in hand, she could summon her Manakete spirit as an avatar to fight alongside her, augmenting her strikes with rending claws and divine flames. Though often overlooked and underrepresented in her native series, her potential as a fighter speaks for itself - and who doesn't want to play as a spunky 3,000-year-old dragon princess?

1. Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101)

Team, Unite Up! This underappreciated hero is by far and away one of my favourite Nintendo characters, and his potential for a creative and diverse moveset speaks for itself: quite frankly, it's difficult to narrow it down! With his near-endless assortment of Unite Morphs, endearing personality, amazing soundtrack and oodles of style, Wonder Red was born to be in Smash, and he is without a doubt my most-wanted newcomer from anything ever.

Last edited:

InfernoIII

Smash Rookie
Let's see . . .

#1 Magus - Chrono Trigger
#2 Roy - Fire Emblem
#3 Skull Kid - The Legend of Zelda
#4 Snake - Metal Gear Solid
#5 Issac - Golden Sun
#6 Custom Ray MKIII - Custom Robo
#7 Ridley - Metroid
#8 Wolf - Star Fox
#9 Serperior - Pokemon
#10 Neku Sakuraba - The World Ends With You

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'm going to do my top 10 characters to be in Smash 5, which is not necessarily the same as my top 10 characters for Smash 4 DLC. Some of these deserve to be newcomers straight up in Smash 5 rather than DLC. But there's definite crossover there.

[collapse=#10]

Wart - From Super Mario Bros 2 & Link's Awakening

While yes, Peach's moveset does heavily encapsulate SMB2, I feel like it's unfortunate that Wart has kind of fallen into the past and has been forgotten about... Many characters originally from SMB2 have grown to be series regulars like Birdo and Shy Guy, etc, but the main villain has fallen behind. Time for a comeback! Maybe in Mario Kart first...
[/collapse]

[collapse=#9]

Kamek - Numerous Yoshi & Mario games

Kamek is an interesting choice, he could be the first truly ranged magician in the series. Imagine it! He can teleport around and shoot off various Playstation-Buttons at his enemies... Like a more mobile, lighter Zelda, maybe? But almost all ranged moves. Also brings in the broomstick.
[/collapse]

[collapse=#8]

Inkling - Splatoon

The Inklings haven't appeared in a released game yet, but I think that the game will do well and the Inklings have a lot of potential as a kind of support-type character... Like, useful on their own but really shine when it comes to teams. Throw some paint down on the ground and your team mates move faster on it and your enemies are slowed. Not like super different speeds but a nice enough difference. A bunch of different weapons make for a varied moveset.
[/collapse]

[collapse=#7]

Masked Link - Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask

I've always been a huge fan of transformation characters in Smash. Not sure if maybe he's got the four different forms (Young Link, Deku, Zora & Goron) with all the different movesets or perhaps he quickly switches masks between moves. Like the dash is a Goron Roll or he uses the Deku Link's flower fall in the air... There's lots of potential here.

[/collapse]

[collapse=#6]

King K Rool - Donkey Kong Country

How he hasn't been in Smash yet is absolutely astounding. He's a major villain in a major Nintendo series and it's not like he's 2big or anything like that. He's a very quirky character... He could be so fun!
[/collapse]

[collapse=#5]

Blue & Eeveelutions - Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow

Like I said... Transformation characters. In the vain of Pokemon Trainer from Brawl, we've got the Champion Blue standing in the background and switching between Flareon, Jolteon and Vaporeon in battle! Each plays kind of similarly, but have different attributes including infusing lightning, water/ice and fire into their moves, different speed, weight, etc... Basically I guess they're all three like semi-clones but in one character.
[/collapse]

[collapse=#4]

Banjo & Kazooie - Banjo-Kazooie

I really don't even need to say anything here... Everyone loves Banjo & Kazooie. ****ing glorious. A perfect fit for Smash. Make it happen!
[/collapse]

[collapse=#3]

Dixie Kong - Donkey Kong Country

Dixie is just lovely. She needs to be in Smash just so bad. And not as a Diddy clone (Which doesn't make sense to begin with). She could have just such a lovely hair-based moveset. Bam. She's a great character, Tropical Freeze really made me like her more than I had before.
[/collapse]

[collapse=#2]

Paper Mario - Paper Mario

Paper Mario possibly has the biggest potential of any character ever. He could/should be a summoning-type character where his special moves are all based on partners from all the games. So damn good.
[/collapse]

[collapse=#1]

Pokemon Trainer/Red - Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow

Are you surprised? You really shouldn't be... Ivysaur needs to come back. Squirtle too, just to complete it. Charizard is incomplete without them and also a dirty traitor. Ivysaur was the best and most fun fighter Smash ever saw.
[/collapse]

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Actually a very clever idea for Blue using the original three eeveelutions...

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
10. Shy Guy (Yoshi)
I know this will probably never happen, but honestly, Shy Guy would make the most sense as a second Yoshi rep. He's got so many forms and really, a lot of moveset potential. Someday...

9. Captain Toad (Mario)
I don't want anymore Mario characters unless it's this little shroom. Treasure Tracker is an amazingly fun game and Captain Toad would be the perfect way to get Toad in Smash.

8. Inkling (Splatoon)
I know the game hasn't been released yet, but an Inkling just seems so perfect for Smash. New IP, an inking amount of weapons to use in their moveset, can be super unINK (get it... it's like unique and... ink... ok...)

7. Young Cricket (WarioWare)
WarioWare could honestly use another rep for a franchise of its status. Most people would go with Mona, but Young Cricket would be more unexpected, and you know how Sakurai loves his unexpectedness.

6. Isaac (Golden Sun)
I bought the game through Club Nintendo, and it's pretty great. I really think Isaac could be more than a generuc swordsman. He can use all his earth Psynergy, maybe a Djinn. Plus, there's the whole think with his assist trophy gone, yet they added a song. Hm?

5. Jibanyan (Yokai Watch)
Yokai Watch has become a huge thing in Japan. Plus, the game is getting localized in other countries. I know he's 3rd party and all, but if any 3rd party deserves a rep, it's Level-5.

4. Leon Powalski (Starfox)
Starfox needs more than Falco and the one dat ain't Falco. I feel like Wolf is coming back for sure, but four isn't too many (*cough* Fire Emblem *cough*). Plus, more villains is something Smash Bros is really in need of more.

3. 9-Volt (WarioWare)
Again, WarioWare needs more reps. But out of everyone, who makes the most sense in a Nintendo all star game? An extreme Nintendo fan.

2. Endou Mamoru (Inazuma Eleven)
This series has had a lot of games, all on Nintendo consoles. He would be the first sports player in Smash. He has a lot of potential with all the hissatsu techniques. This series is really popular in Japan and Europe, and he would be amazing.

1. Bandana Dee (Kirby)
Kirby desperately needs four reps. It deserves it more than any other franchise. Bandana Dee could be really unique, being the first spear user in the game. He has been rising up in relevancy in the latest games, and is becoming quite popular. I want this little dude more than anyone else.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I don't think I have 10 so...

6. Isaac. Liked Golden Sun and he deserves to get in.

5. Impa. We need another Zelda rep

4. Captain Toad. Obvious chocie for the next game

3. Dixie Kong. Star of her own game

2. King K. Rool. Reasons obvious for a million times.

1. Ridley. Yeah, we still need him playable. Amazing character

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
Actually a very clever idea for Blue using the original three eeveelutions...
Yeah I wanted Blue in Brawl but no more transformation characters so yeah.

I wanted his pokemon do consist of the pokemon he has in the game though, not just the eeveelutions.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Yeah I wanted Blue in Brawl but no more transformation characters so yeah.

I wanted his pokemon do consist of the pokemon he has in the game though, not just the eeveelutions.
As I stated in my Sceptile explanation I was almost expecting May (since she is a fairly popular character in the anime) with Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken respectively as a 3rd Gen parallel to Pokemon trainer...each of which is fairly popular on their own, and it would've went well with ORAS as well...of course the removal of transformations ruined that idea....

Last edited:

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
As I stated in my Sceptile explanation I was almost expecting May (since she is a fairly popular character in the anime) with Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken respectively as a 3rd Gen parallel to Pokemon trainer...each of which is fairly popular on their own, and it would've went well with ORAS as well...of course the removal of transformations ruined that idea....
Gen 3 trainer would've been neat I agree.
Yeah the transformation bit killed off any hopes of :059: being in the game. I figured blue would have him. Its eh though I understand why transformations got taken out.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
  1. Banjo-Kazooie: It'd at least be a piece of my heart coming back after the Rare buyout.
  2. Rayman: Always been my most wanted, alongside Banjo.
  3. Snake: My main, I need him back.
  4. King K. Rool: Been waiting ages.
  5. Ice Climbers: Only other series besides Metal Gear that was lost.
  6. Dixie Kong: Favorite Kong.
  7. Inklings: Too cute, too much potential.
  8. Lip: It's sad how she was removed from her own franchise, she should have more than just an item.
  9. Pokemon Trainer: He was the main protagonist, and only Pokemon character I really enjoyed.
  10. Happy Mask Salesman: Best Zelda character.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I liked the idea of May (Being the main one but with alternative trainers from the other games like Bowser Jr & Koopalings as different costumes) and she'd have Snivy, Quilava and Swampert... Just to represent the rest of the generations that didn't have Smash characters.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
10. Inkling (Splatoon)
I usually don't like adding character until after the game comes out but looking the possible moves these guys can do would be crazy. I could see making paint trails and then using the trails to move about without getting hit. I'm really looking forward to the game.

9. Andy (Advance Wars)
Nintendo Wars series is a wonderful franchise and I think they should get a rep more than infantry and tanks. Not only is Any the main character I could see his engineering ability make a unique style of combat. I could see him being Smash's Heimerdinger.

8. Samurai Goroh (F-Zero)
F-Zero is one of the best racing series of all time and I feel they need better attention. Though Pico is my favorite Goroh is one of the most known characters in the series second only to Captain Falcon. Even though he's another swordsman his speed and weight can make him a great swarmer.

7. Captain Rainbow (Captain Rainbow)
Since his game is also a Nintendo crossover it seems rather appropriate that he should get a shot. I really want to play his game and it looks rather unique and interesting. Rainbow will have his yo-yo as his primary weapon and many of his attacks can be based on yo-yo tricks. The only reason he's not higher on the list is because I don't know much on the actual game play.

6. Toad (Super Mario)
Toad is my main in all the 2D Mario games. The reason I chose him over Captain Toad is because Captain Toad can't jump (Its a big aspect of his game). Being a speedy grappling character would be an interesting play style.

5. Issac (Golden Sun)
This guy has a literal list of moveset potential and abilities. I've never played the game myself but saw my roommate play it and he seems awesome. Not many earth wielders in Smash which could lead to an interesting strategy. I want to put him higher but since I never played the game I don't know too much about his details.

4. Krystal (Starfox)
Starfox is one of my favorite series and with the new game coming out I think it deserves more attention. Krystal is unique among the crew in fact that she has her staff and psychic abilities (which can work similar to Shulk's foresight). Throw in a dash guns and explosives and you have a really interesting character to play.

3. Impa (Legend of Zelda)
This person has been around since the beginning and after nearly 30 years she's finally getting the recognition she deserves. Though I personally like the Hyrule Warriors version with the naginata (I like polearms) there are a variety of versions of her and it would be difficult to represent just one. Since the first Legend of Zelda she's been a guardian, a general, a ninja, nursemaid, wise woman, and messenger. Her incarnations are the most varied as she has been seen young, old, and middle aged with various abilities. They even thought about making her into a man in Twilight Princess. Of all the Zelda characters that are not already in Smash I can't think anyone more deserving than her.

2. Mike Jones (Star Tropics)
This is a lost gem of Nintendo's history and its one of the best games in the NES library. Mike Jones the ace pitcher has a ton of weapons that would be comparable to Link. He has a Yo-yo, a morningstar flail, ray guns, psychic energy, bolas, spike balls, alien technology, swords, daggers, and even a snowman doll. That's just to name a few. He is a master thrower with mid to long range attacks. His unique ability in Smash would be he can throw items farther and do more damage than other characters.

1. Ray (Custom Robo)
This is my number one pic. This guy has so many weapons to choose from its insane. If the custom option will be available for DLC characters Ray would be an ideal choice for this game. His play style would be an aerial long range fighter but slow at walking on the ground (kind of like the opposite of Little Mac). Each of his specials would be based off of the custom options Ray as gun, bombs, pods, and boots. The series is also incredible and I feel it needs more attention than what it currently gets.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I'm sure I'll want to change it the moment after it's typed.

10. Chrono - Because he's from the best RPG ever. And he looks cool. And a final smash that's some kind of Triple Tech (Antipode 3? Maybe the one with Frog and Ayla? A random one with every party of the game? ...I'd like that. I'd actually really like one of his moves to be a random double tech now.)
9. Arvis/Alvis - Fire Emblem 4 was one of the finest games that never came to America that I've gotten to play. Possibly the finest. Really only competing with Jump Ultimate Stars. Definitely the best import fire emblem. This Fire Mage is also in my opinion the best Fire Emblem villain ever. I can't ever forgive him for what he did, and that's why the idea of playing him is awesome
8. Captain Syrup - Villain Rep. Female Rep. Wario Land series Rep. Multiple boss fights for an easy moveset. Really she has everything a villain rep could want.
7. Weevil - Metroid Rep. Villain Rep. Cool backstory. Cool look. Would be FANTASTIC gameplay. Turret separation combat!
6. Andy - From Advance Wars. I loved the series on Advance and DS. Played and beat all four games for those systems. And I want to smack people around with a giant wrench.
5. Bonk - This guy is my avatar for a reason. As much as Pac Man and Mega Man fill most people's classics of all types filled, I think the TurboGrafx 16 was an important part of gaming history, and Bonk was their mascot. You can even give him Air Zonk moves. Plus, I would like to use a fighting style centered around headbutts. More so than Pikachu's and Yoshi's.
4. Geno - Mario RPG was one of the finest games ever, the Forest maze track in Brawl is just a cruel tease.
3. Medusa - I want more villains. I want more females. I want Cree Summer's voice. I love Kid Icarus and did before Uprising, and so did Medusa. (And still think the NES game has the best password ever).
2. Vaati - I am in the minority on this, and I'm sure I'm biased for the experience of playing with friends routinely at college until we beat the game, but The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures was one of the finest gaming experiences of my life. And if I'm thinking of my college time specifically, so was Minish Cap. And I want more Zelda characters and more villains.... I even wouldn't be against if they ever re-released the third CDi Zelda game. The first two were bad games. The third one was a good game, it was just a bad Zelda game.
1. Lark/Nester - I loved Nintendo Power as a kid. A lot. And I would always IMMEDIATELY flip first thing to the Howard and Nester comics in the back (and later the Nester ones). I had a virtual boy, and while I never owned Nester's Funky Bowling I did try the multiplayer at a friend's and it was a fun game. Then I found out Lark was Nester. Pilotwings has been a Nintendo standby for the SNES and 64, two of the finest systems ever, this only added my want for him.

Honorable mentions for: Toad, all cut characters, Daisy, King K. Rool, Bald Bull, King Hippo, Doc Louis, Impa, Rundas, Sylux, Dixie Kong, Birdo, Black Shadow/NewGanon, Isaac, Fawful (and the fury he has), A fire emblem healer or princess unit like Edean, Anna, A fire Emblem horse unit (like Eliwood), Hector, Ryu Hayabusa, Lloyd Irving, a Team Rocket character that is Meowth balancing himself on a rolling Koffing using Ekans as a whip/weapon, Pico, Bandanna Dee, Mike Jones, Porky from Mother series, Sub Zero (Counter Ryu), and so many... many more. Now you see why I said I'm sure I'll want to change it the moment after it's typed?

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Honorable Mentions in no order, Simon Belmont, Cooking Mama, Wonder Red, Miss Madeline, Anna, Ninten, Tiki, TakaMARU-sama-san-chan, Mike Jones and Impa

10) Professor Layton - Love his series, not very good but I love them, very action packed, Layton would bring Class to the matches

9) Ray Mk3 - Custom Robo is a Series I thoroughly enjoy, Ray would be awesome being Kirby sized but with tons of fire-power

8) Inkling - Inklings, Splatoon look like it'll be a lot of fun and I think they'll be fun to play in Smash too

7) Medusa - The Original and awesome villain of the Kid Icarus series, it's an over-repped series at this point but I'd still like Medusa and it's kind of a shame the first playable Female Villain goes to Wendy of the Koopalings

6) Savvy Stylist - There's a link why I, and you should support Savvy Stylist in my Signature

5) Bayonetta - Bayonetta would fit in really well with the Smash Cast is wouldn't take a lot to town her down

4) A Rhythm Heaven Character - A Very popular series with very little representation in Smash, it deserves a Stage at the least the songs are incredible

3) Issac/Matthew/Felix - Isaac is the Face of the Series, But Matthew is the most recent one and we can't forget Felix cause he's awesome so whichever one is playable I hope they have alt costumes of the other

2) King K. Rool. K.Rool is amazing and has so much potential, how he isn't in already confuses me

1) Ridley. He needs to be playable, an Amazing character who also important to the franchise, terrible excuses for not being made playable and I'm not enjoy his out-of-character obey who every slaps him the most pinata impression

Last edited:
10. Impa - The Zelda series's last worthwhile recurring character, imo; she's been portrayed so many different ways, it's hard to settle on how she would appear in Smash, but some cross between her OoT and SS designs would work. Actually, if they just copied her right out of Hyrule Warriors, that would work for me, too. Her spear-tipped staff would make a good weapon, and maybe she could blow a conch to summon horses and eagles and whatnot.

9. Slippy - I'm amused at the idea of Fox's athletic moves on stout li'l Slippy. But he doesn't have to be a clone; Slippy is an inventor, and a Melee event suggested he has a cloaking device.

8. Muddy - The family man from Mole Mania. He'd have a cabbage-throw attack that sometimes produces iron balls instead. And he'd be able to burrow somehow, though I've yet to flesh that out.

7. Machamp - Just thought of this on the spot. Pokkén is giving him attention and it would be neat to have a character who could pummel his foes Goro-style. His grab attack would have to be holding the foe with his lower arms while punching their lights out with his upper arms.

6. Orange Star - A team of soldiers and artillery from the Famicom/Advance Wars series. Their alternate colors would change their name to other armies like Blue Moon and so forth. It would be a nuisance-type character that fills the stage with hostile hitboxes.

5. Dixie Kong - She could be wholly unique with enough creativity, but I'd even be fine if she was just a "Dark Pit" of Diddy, as long as her signature hair moves and electric guitar featured. Come on. The guitar.

4. Bubbles - The round fish from Clu Clu Land. Her moves would involve electric shocks, scalding water, bubbly jet propulsion, and whiplash-fast changes in midair momentum. I'm also imagining an attack where she propels sideways like Fox's side special, but drops a trail of those rupee-looking things from CCL which act as mines.

3. Excitebiker - I'm just in love with the idea of an attack where he does a wheelie on his foe's face and burns rubber. Down-throw, maybe? And the event match between the EB and Wario on his bike writes itself.

2. Inkling - Splatoon's gameplay speaks for itself as to what the Inkling could do. Maybe you could leave two ink puddles and use them to squid-teleport? And since Splatoon has so many weapons, maybe the Inkling could have a lot of specials like Palutena. Lastly, the costumes would have to feature the boy and girl Inklings in each of Splatoon's team colors.

1. Ridley - A supersized beast. I don't consider his jumbo size a reason he can't be playable; I consider it a reason he should be playable. I want to grab an opponent and fly away with them. Just abduct 'em fools. His down-throw could have him soar away with his captive and slam down from the top of the screen much like the Warp Star's effect. It just needs to happen someday, whether it's Smash4 DLC or Smash5.

Whew.

Honorables: Mach Rider; Alice from Balloon Kid; Kirby's animal friends Rick, Coo and Kine; the weird mascot on the cover of Wave Race: Blue Storm; the Virus Gang from Dr. Mario; Mallo from Pushmo; Lolo from Eggerland; Dry Bowser; Lip from Panel de Pon; Emolga.

As for non-Nintendo characters, here is who appeals to me.
  • Erdrick (Dragon Quest, Square Enix)
  • Jack Frost (Megami Tensei, Atlus)
  • Professor Layton (Professor Layton, Level-5)
  • Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden, Tecmo)
  • Simon Belmont (Castlevania, Konami)
  • Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury, SNK)

Last edited:

M777

Smash Rookie
No more clones like roy or wolf, or characters we already seen in previous games.
Also no more mario and pokemon characters.

10- Bayonetta:

9- Inkling:

8- Ganondorf (MOVESET FROM OCARINA OF TIME): ganondorf needs his own moveset and I think the moves form ocarina of time are awsome. I dont want him to use swords (excepts for some moves) couse there its a lot of characters with this weapon.

7- Krystal (starfox) : More starfox representation, and she can use the Krystal's Staff.

6- Ridley : Metroid representation.

5- Earthworm Jim:

4- King K rool :

3- Shovel knight:

2- Isaac:

1- Skull kid: I think we need a new zelda character and this one its very different and unique.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
10: Captian Rainbow: he met alot of retro characters he looks cool and awesome but..... he is kinda like a joke character

9: :kirby64:: Good luck at making Sukapon amiibo nintendo...

8: Mach rider: he is better than exitebike he has guns he is going to be a better fighter plus we need new retro character

7: Ninten: having ness and lucas without ninten is like having roy and ike but without marth. Ninten is the main character from the first earthbound game he is the reason why ness and lucas existed just like marth and he should never be alt skin of ness

6: :popo:: we can just bring popo but make nana just as alt skin so there is no reason why we should cut them from SSB4

5: King k. Rool: i dont need to explain this

4::wolf:: he is my 2nd main in brawl and we need more villains there is no reason to cut him

3. :roypm:: he is kinda confirmed??? also he is my melee main

2. Isaac: i dont need to explain this

1. Geno: he is my favorite and he was in sakurai poll since Melee and he tied with megaman in sakurai brawl poll where is Geno? the fans are waiting 19 years just to see him back in a game also this is his chance to appear in future mario games

Deconfirmed wanted characters:
Ridley, Takamaru, Skull kid, Zororark, Deoxys

Top Bottom