• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Most Wanted Characters for DLC in Smash 4

ferioku

Smash Ace
Sceptile
Snake
Phoenix Wright
Inklings
Banjo
These are the characters I would be happy to join the roster, but I don't know too much about them
------------------------------------------
I think these 5 definitely deserve a spot in the roster, they are all Iconic and all have really unique move sets!
Krystal: Krystal will be another star fox character, this is a good enough reason to add her to the roster! She has a very versatile moveset with her staff, which pretty much no one in the current roster posseses! She is also a female character which we most definitely lack!
Inkling:
I enjoy Splatoon quite a lot and I think a character that uses paint and a range of different guns! Although they are still new, I think they have a good shot in the roster.
King K.rool: I don't know everything about King K.Rool, but I do know that he will be an interesting addition to the smash roster, he has a pretty unique moveset and another villain character witch we are definitely lacking!
Wolf: Why did they actually cut Wolf? He was my main in Brawl! Anyway... he shouldn't have been cut and there really isn't an explanation needed to why he should be added back!
Isaac: So many reasons to why I think Isaac should be added to the roster. His move set potential is immense! His main ability to control the Earth really interests me. There is also the fact that he is capable of using psynergy based attacks, summons and his capability of using other Weapons, I think he has so much potential! =D

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I can't remember what my top ten was before, but I'm pretty sure it's changed since then. Admittedly, some of these characters have little to no chance, but this is my top ten wanted characters, not the ten characters who I think are the most likely.

1. Snake
2. K. Rool
3. Ridley

These three are close to interchangeable - I definitely want to see Snake back, seeing as he had a completely different style of gameplay from every other character in Smash Bros. and (by all accounts) Nintendo or Sakurai didn't even make an attempt at bringing him back before, which really annoys me. In addition, I feel like a lot of the criticism against him is either unwarranted or exaggerated; I'm not sure why characters necessarily have to "fit in" in a crossover franchise when the series involved are so vastly different to begin with (compare Kirby and Metroid, for example, or Mario and Fire Emblem), and Metal Gear has a similar amount of main series games on Nintendo consoles as Street Fighter does.

Meanwhile, K. Rool and Ridley are in pretty similar positions - both of them are major villains from poorly represented franchises, and they were both given an unsatisfactory role in the game that people use to try and claim that they're no longer eligible. Both of them would be fantastic additions to Smash Bros., and they're some of the biggest (no pun intended) Nintendo all-stars (along with Toad and maybe Inkling and Dixie Kong) who still haven't been added for whatever reason.

4. Rayman
5. Bayonetta

I find Rayman's current inclusion in Smash Bros. to be a bit of a waste - what's the point of getting the rights to use the character if you're basically going to do nothing with them? Bayonetta's a more controversial choice, but Nintendo seems to have no issue advertising her alongside their characters, and Anarchy Reigns shows that it's entirely possible to tone her down while still keeping her in character. Plus, Bayonetta 2 was a fantastic Wii U exclusive that was rather poorly advertised (seriously, gameplay-wise, it's enough of a reason to buy the system on its own), the character has tons of potential as far as attacks are concerned, and I feel like she'd be really fun to play as if she made the transition to Smash.

6. Wonder Red
7. Inkling

These two are also more or less interchangeable - both are from new Nintendo series that started on the Wii U, and both seem to have a lot to offer. The main reason why I want Wonder Red more is because he feels like more of a long shot - Splatoon is definitely popular enough that even if Inklings don't get in as DLC, they're pretty much a guarantee for Smash Bros. 5, whereas Wonder Red doesn't have that luxury.

8. Ray (Custom Robo)
9. Shovel Knight
10. Wolf

Ray could be replaced with Isaac, but I'm more familiar with Custom Robo than Golden Sun (only played one game of each, but I beat and enjoyed Custom Robo, whereas I haven't really had the time to play Golden Sun). In either case, I find it weird that their assist trophies (and almost all of the content from their series) were removed between this game and Brawl.

Shovel Knight wasn't high on my list until recently. The recent "leak" with Shovel Knight, the Runbow stage, and Mii costumes, while obviously fake, made me realize how excited I would be if Shovel Knight was included. Given that most third party developers have abandoned Nintendo consoles, it would be nice to acknowledge the indie developers that help keep the eShop going. (plus, the amiibo definitely helps, since it seems to say that either Nintendo is confident that Yacht Club Games will be working with them for a while, or Yacht Club Games is confident that they'll be releasing plenty of games on Nintendo systems)

Wolf could be replaced by Ice Climbers (though I'm well aware that they'd have to be modified), Squirtle, or Ivysaur. I just figure that, with Star Fox Zero coming out, Wolf would make more sense - plus, it would be weird to have Squirtle or Ivysaur without the other, and while I like the Ice Climbers within the context of Smash Bros., I have no attachment to their game (and, from what I've played, I'm not a huge fan of it - the jumping mechanics seem to be really strange).

Admittedly, there's a huge gap between my top five and the rest in terms of how much I want them, but that's my list.

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
10) Toon Zelda
9) Galacta Knight
8) Squirtle
7) Ivysaur
6) Snake

^ all clones and veterans, have seen them/people like them implemented in the game so I know I'd play as them

5) Pulseman - a speedy fighter that becomes electrically charged the more he moves around the stage
4) Lip - a magician that integrates match-3 puzzle game mechanics into her playstyle
3) Rhtyhm Girl (Tap Dancer) - a strictly kick-based fighter that utilizes a rhythm mechanic to become stronger
2) Daisy - a tomboyish princess whose playstyle is a direct antithesis to Peach
1) Tails - a two-tailed fox who incorporates primarily tail-based fighting and emhpasizes aerial combat by utilizing his hovering mechanics from the original Sonic titles

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman

1.-Banjo-Kazooie: They have the moves and the style to be here since the first smash...

2.-Isaac: Despite the look, he isn't your generic blonde swordman...

3.-Bub: The bubble Dragon has a special place in my heart, and with all of their games, he has a lot to show

4.-Bomberman: The White Bomber has to be in the game with the Blue one...

5.-Shovel Knight: With all of his arsenal, he could bury the competition

6.-Inkling: The new squids on the block...

7.-Bayonetta: now she is exclusive, let her fight...

8.-Pete: As a farm entusiast myself, I want to se him show you what we are made from...

9.-Rayman: Come on... he even has a trophy

10.-Quote: The one true indie to rule them all...

jranks

Smash Cadet
Mine are:

1) King K. Rool
2) Ridley
3) Wolf
4) Waluigi
5) Ray 001 (Custom Robo)
6) Black Shadow (F-Zero)
7) Krystal
8) Dixie Kong
9) Captain Syrup
10) Bandana Dee

Last edited:

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
1. Saria
2. Daisy
3. Krystal
4. Amy Rose
5. Shadow the Hedgehog
6. Wolf
7. King K. Rool
8. Banjo-Kazooie
9. Marx
10. Roll
^.^

10. Impa - The Zelda series's last worthwhile recurring character, imo; she's been portrayed so many different ways, it's hard to settle on how she would appear in Smash, but some cross between her OoT and SS designs would work. Actually, if they just copied her right out of Hyrule Warriors, that would work for me, too. Her spear-tipped staff would make a good weapon, and maybe she could blow a conch to summon horses and eagles and whatnot.

9. Slippy - I'm amused at the idea of Fox's athletic moves on stout li'l Slippy. But he doesn't have to be a clone; Slippy is an inventor, and a Melee event suggested he has a cloaking device.

8. Muddy - The family man from Mole Mania. He'd have a cabbage-throw attack that sometimes produces iron balls instead. And he'd be able to burrow somehow, though I've yet to flesh that out.

7. Machamp - Just thought of this on the spot. Pokkén is giving him attention and it would be neat to have a character who could pummel his foes Goro-style. His grab attack would have to be holding the foe with his lower arms while punching their lights out with his upper arms.

6. Orange Star - A team of soldiers and artillery from the Famicom/Advance Wars series. Their alternate colors would change their name to other armies like Blue Moon and so forth. It would be a nuisance-type character that fills the stage with hostile hitboxes.

5. Dixie Kong - She could be wholly unique with enough creativity, but I'd even be fine if she was just a "Dark Pit" of Diddy, as long as her signature hair moves and electric guitar featured. Come on. The guitar.

4. Bubbles - The round fish from Clu Clu Land. Her moves would involve electric shocks, scalding water, bubbly jet propulsion, and whiplash-fast changes in midair momentum. I'm also imagining an attack where she propels sideways like Fox's side special, but drops a trail of those rupee-looking things from CCL which act as mines.

3. Excitebiker - I'm just in love with the idea of an attack where he does a wheelie on his foe's face and burns rubber. Down-throw, maybe? And the event match between the EB and Wario on his bike writes itself.

2. Inkling - Splatoon's gameplay speaks for itself as to what the Inkling could do. Maybe you could leave two ink puddles and use them to squid-teleport? And since Splatoon has so many weapons, maybe the Inkling could have a lot of specials like Palutena. Lastly, the costumes would have to feature the boy and girl Inklings in each of Splatoon's team colors.

1. Ridley - A supersized beast. I don't consider his jumbo size a reason he can't be playable; I consider it a reason he should be playable. I want to grab an opponent and fly away with them. Just abduct 'em fools. His down-throw could have him soar away with his captive and slam down from the top of the screen much like the Warp Star's effect. It just needs to happen someday, whether it's Smash4 DLC or Smash5.

Whew.

Honorables: Mach Rider; Alice from Balloon Kid; Kirby's animal friends Rick, Coo and Kine; the weird mascot on the cover of Wave Race: Blue Storm; the Virus Gang from Dr. Mario; Mallo from Pushmo; Lolo from Eggerland; Dry Bowser; Lip from Panel de Pon; Emolga.

As for non-Nintendo characters, here is who appeals to me.
  • Erdrick (Dragon Quest, Square Enix)
  • Jack Frost (Megami Tensei, Atlus)
  • Professor Layton (Professor Layton, Level-5)
  • Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden, Tecmo)
  • Simon Belmont (Castlevania, Konami)
  • Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury, SNK)
Here was my response five months ago. I think I've lost passion for Impa or any particular Zelda character over time. Machamp, Bubbles, Excitebiker, Mach Rider, Wave Racer, Erdrick and Ryu Hayabusa are in a similar spot. I think I get an idea for how a character might play and I get infatuated for a short while, eventually changing my mind.

If I can't keep the same favorites for half a year, how can I expect to be supporting them in several years when it's time for SSB5?

Anyway, I'm currently liking Chibi-Robo, Arle, Bomberman, and - to the dismay of everyone in the world - Pikachu Libre. I also think Spyro is a character with a high chance:attention ratio.

Last edited:
Top Bottom