• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toonami Mafia - Adult Swim Edition - The sun has risen!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So we have 36 hours to lynch somebody and nobody is posting?

@mod Can you please also send a prod to TBG?
@Kevin Have you chewed on that post enough yet? Anything worthwile to contribute yet?
@Raziek, PJB Do you guys actually think I'm scum still? Mind switching to a TBG wagon? I'm not a play.

:059:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
For what it's worth I won't object to a TBG wagon, though I don't trust Gheb in the long haul.

:phone:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Why TBG? Can I get a summary of why he's scum?
If you want to follow my line of thought he's guilty of being part of two major problems: the FML lynch - which he joined via poor reasoning - and the general lack of activity.

If you want to follow Asdioh's line of thought he's the last player to vote for FML before he reached L/2. If an executioner lynched FML then TBG had casted the decisive vote.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Well, if we're lynching TBG or some other inactive (Tery!!) then you have my vote before deadline.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
If you want to follow my line of thought he's guilty of being part of two major problems: the FML lynch - which he joined via poor reasoning - and the general lack of activity.

If you want to follow Asdioh's line of thought he's the last player to vote for FML before he reached L/2. If an executioner lynched FML then TBG had casted the decisive vote.

That's all pretty flimsy reasoning to lynch somebody. It's better than nothing, but it pales in comparison to what you've done so far. TBG has "vig bait" written all over him, not "quality lynch".

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Tery is getting replaced. Are you even reading?

Yes, but do you seriously want to read a replacement that gets a pass of two full Days of literally nothing at all? And does anyone even want to replace into that situation?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Why is everybody just all "herpderp, yea lets go ahead and lynch an inactive when suspicious guy Gheb suggests it. It's not like he did it to mitigate the pressure on himself, or anything like that! It's totally not just a lame, safe as can be play!"

I just hope that after this terrible lynch is over, you guys will see the error of your ways, and make the correct lynch tomorrow.

Detective Prince.

Smash Rookie
Suggest a better lynch or stop complaining. Instead of getting angry with everyone because they're voting someone you don't think is scum, you should tell us why you don't think he IS scum. I have legitimate reasons for voting TBG, some I've pointed out. I'm not admitting this is the best lynch, but I think it's worth pursuing.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Do you think Gheb is scum? If so, do you think he's some sort of indy that needs TOM lynched, or mafia?

I don't really trust him, but I don't see any reason to see him as scum yet. The problem is, I feel that way about pretty much everyone in this game because of the overall inactivity. Do you have a better lynch suggestion? Speak freely, as it is pretty much guaranteed not to go through toDay.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Suggest a better lynch or stop complaining. Instead of getting angry with everyone because they're voting someone you don't think is scum, you should tell us why you don't think he IS scum. I have legitimate reasons for voting TBG, some I've pointed out. I'm not admitting this is the best lynch, but I think it's worth pursuing.
Suggest a better lynch? You mean like, the guy I've been saying is suspicious this entire day phase? The one I have my vote on?

Inactivity lynches are just so... lazy. When you have somebody who is behaving like Gheb, you don't lynch a ****ing inactive. ESPECIALLY when Gheb is fine with the inactive lynch choice. I will not be joining the TBG lynch for precisely that reason.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I couldn't tell you, for certain, if Gheb is Indy or Mafia. I can see the indy argument, but I also don't think it's unreasonable to think that Mafia gain some sort of benefit from TOM being gone as well. Anything could be the case in a setup like this one. I will say, however, that I think he's not Town.

TBG

Smash Cadet
But I've provided other reasons than that. It's good to hear that you're keeping the option open, right now it doesn't look like we will do it anyway so I'm OK if we just drop it and see what else we can do.

Vote TBG

Inactivity and the FML mislynch are our main concerns right now imo and you are part of both. You have some explaining to do.

There's not a lot to explain, really. I've been busy as **** with robotics and studying.

As far as the FML lynch, he was already at 4 votes when I voted him. (or so we all thought) The **** reason do I have to vote the guy and summarily execute him before anyone posts? Especially when I can either do it without even posting in thread, or vote him, but wait to do it. There's literally no reason for me to thrust myself in the spotlight like that. It's just horribly flawed logic.

@Tery, KevinM, Asdioh, TBG

In #314 Kant says he thinks that FML / PJB are "less likely to be scum together". Now that FML flipped town and Kant flipped scum do you think there's anything we can make out of it?

I don't.

TBG didn't make a stance on the kill either, after looking. Hm.

I don't know how I feel about my aa town-read anymore. I'd love to see him respond to all this.
Blindly speculating is one of the easiest ways to waste a day, imo.

Anyway, between the long night and being busy, I've just been way the out of the game. If y'all want something, ask, and link any relevant posts.

Gheb starting a wagon on me feels opportunistic, and the TOM lynch is just stupid, but I'm obviously incredibly biased so iono.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
That's all pretty flimsy reasoning to lynch somebody. It's better than nothing, but it pales in comparison to what you've done so far. TBG has "vig bait" written all over him, not "quality lynch".
What I have done? The best you have is "Gheb could be indy with the wincon to get TOM lynched". If that was actually the case I would have ceased to be a thread the moment you "found out" about my alleged wincon. Even that is terrible reasoning. I have exhibited no anti-town behavior or anything that screams "indy". You confuse being able to use your own brain and not sheep conventional garbage with indy behavior. Independent thinking =/= independent alignment.

Yes, but do you seriously want to read a replacement that gets a pass of two full Days of literally nothing at all?
We've had this a million times in the history of dGames mafia. Lynching an inactive is alright as long as it doesn't dominate discussion. The problem is that it is and will always be a potential cop-out for the mafia and it doesn't help our read situation a whole lot via complete absence of connections. In theory, we have no reason to assume a townie to ever be this inactive so we have no reason to assume he's pro-town but reality has shown us time and time again that it doesn't work this way. So if we actually lynch Tery as alternative solution for toDay I'd like to hear what you hope to learn from his flip.

Gheb starting a wagon on me feels opportunistic, and the TOM lynch is just stupid, but I'm obviously incredibly biased so iono.
How is it opportunistic? With that line of thinking you could paint any wagon started by somebody who is considered suspect by some misguided individuals as "opportunistic". Had I just followed an already existing TBG-wagon to shift the momentum from my wagon to yours I could understand why you'd call me opportunistic. I, however, single-handedly started this wagon on you and in case of you flipping town I will have to take responsibility for all that because that's how dGames towns roll. So I'm actually not opportunistic in the slighest, I'm pretty much sticking my neck out there.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I couldn't tell you, for certain, if Gheb is Indy or Mafia. I can see the indy argument, but I also don't think it's unreasonable to think that Mafia gain some sort of benefit from TOM being gone as well. Anything could be the case in a setup like this one. I will say, however, that I think he's not Town.
I love how you completely exclude the option of me being town. Why can mafia or indy gain something from a TOM lynch but town can't? That completely unobjective "logic" and the fact that "he is either indy or mafia"-line is uttered more often by mafia than by anybody else ... in addition to possible connections to Kantrip all add up to you being pretty scummy yourself.

Suggest a better lynch or stop complaining.
For what it's worth, I also suggested PJB and Asdioh as potentially solid lynches. Not sure if I'd still go with that though atm but I agree with you. Sadly, we're running out of time and a majority isn't in sight. I'll try to stick around today before the deadline hits in case we need a vote to get a lynch through. At this rate, too many people are expendable.

TBG

Smash Cadet
What I have done? The best you have is "Gheb could be indy with the wincon to get TOM lynched". If that was actually the case I would have ceased to be a thread the moment you "found out" about my alleged wincon. Even that is terrible reasoning. I have exhibited no anti-town behavior or anything that screams "indy". You confuse being able to use your own brain and not sheep conventional garbage with indy behavior. Independent thinking =/= independent alignment.

******* games are *******. You might be an indy who get more powerful if TOM dies, Scum who gets more powerful if TOM dies, etc. You could be absolutely anything. It's not as binary as you're either a lyncher or you're not.

How is it opportunistic? With that line of thinking you could paint any wagon started by somebody who is considered suspect by some misguided individuals as "opportunistic". Had I just followed an already existing TBG-wagon to shift the momentum from my wagon to yours I could understand why you'd call me opportunistic. I, however, single-handedly started this wagon on you and in case of you flipping town I will have to take responsibility for all that because that's how dGames towns roll. So I'm actually not opportunistic in the slighest, I'm pretty much sticking my neck out there.

It's not opportunistic because of wagon timing, it's content. You were lynching me, an inactive, whose primary charge (besides inactivity) was that I voted someone who was legitimately suspicious. There's jack-all I can do to defend myself besides promise activity, and that's why I don't like it.

In case I flip Town, you live at least one more phase instead of getting lynched now. Even if you are considered so responsible that you're lynched D3, you still get a mislynch and at least one more phase to do god-knows-what. You're not sticking your neck out there. It was already out there, you're just trying to trade places.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
People still think I'm a decent lynch? @last paragraph? I thought that idea was exclusively entertained by double-digits like the people who are already voting me. Do you really think I'm actually in danger of getting lynched toDay?

@First paragraph

That doesn't change the fact that nobody has considered the possibility that a TOM lynch could help town and that trying to lynch him is no way anti-town behavior. It's anti-sheep, anti-convention, anti-tool behavior - that's why most people don't like it. But it should not be suspicious.

Who do you think we should lynch toDay? Does me being "opportunistic" make me the best lynch? Does it make me the only viable lynch?

.L-

EEOS
mod said:
Tery is replacing out. Looking for a replacement, will extend the phase once I find one.
Why don't we allow Tery's replacement to decide our lynch?

We have no information on that slot and questioning it will do nothing unless there is some reason they have to take it seriously. Making them Kingmaker for today would do such a thing.

What do you think about this course of operations, Gheb?

@mod request adequate deadline extension due to the nature of the replacement/weekend combination

Detective Prince.

Smash Rookie
@OS' Kingmaker

It seems unnecessary and it requires too much effort, which this game doesn't have. We wouldn't be scrambling on an inactive if that wasn't the case.

Detective Prince.

Smash Rookie
Suggest a better lynch? You mean like, the guy I've been saying is suspicious this entire day phase? The one I have my vote on?

Inactivity lynches are just so... lazy. When you have somebody who is behaving like Gheb, you don't lynch a ****ing inactive. ESPECIALLY when Gheb is fine with the inactive lynch choice. I will not be joining the TBG lynch for precisely that reason.
It's not lazy when half of the players are inactive. Scum don't have incentive to post unless they absolutely have to. What makes you think that TBG is just 'inactive town' compared to 'inactive scum?' Is there any inactive you would lynch? How about your current reads?

I feel that your speculation about TOM is weird, but you have explained as to why you don't like Gheb for doing it. Is there anything else you dislike about Gheb besides that?

.L-

EEOS
I think so. Do you think Gheb's push on TBG is justified provided the circumstances?
I'm unaware of my other half's thoughts, but no. Justified is a strong word. Acceptable? Maybe. But not justified.

Do you think Gheb choosing the lynch is a better option than an unknown inactive that is replacing out?

Detective Prince.

Smash Rookie
I didn't dodge it. I don't get why you're so focused on this Kingmaker strategy. Why would Gheb change his mind on who we lynch if he was put in a power of position?

.L-

EEOS
I didn't dodge it. I don't get why you're so focused on this Kingmaker strategy. Why would Gheb change his mind on who we lynch if he was put in a power of position?
What you do or don't get isn't a concern of mine at the moment. Simple question: would you rather have Gheb choose the lynch, or the replacement?

Top Bottom