• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Up: Toon Link Combo video - Twst

Legan

Smash Lord
Usually i dont have respect for TL combo videos and mains because they just consist of easy *** back air spams and down airs but ill give you credit on this one because you actually mixed things up in this one and you actually took the time to learn how to use your projectiles. Good Job.

forgot to mention nice choice in song and good editing.

SFJake

Smash Apprentice
I found that... unimpressive. But I never looked at a combo video in Brawl, I mean, what combo? If that really all there is to combos I wonder why people would bother making them. I do NOT mean this as an offense to your video.

You are lucky I restrain myself from commenting about your... musical taste. I almost lost my sanity for listening to that even half a second.

Legan

Smash Lord
I found that... unimpressive. But I never looked at a combo video in Brawl, I mean, what combo? If that really all there is to combos I wonder why people would bother making them. I do NOT mean this as an offense to your video.

You are lucky I restrain myself from commenting about your... musical taste. I almost lost my sanity for listening to that even half a second.
Why is he lucky you restarain yourself? You didnt add anyting insightful so i doubt hed even acknowledge your post.

Twst101

Smash Cadet
nah its all good i mean its personal oppion and i respect his i did post it after all so i can deal with comments both good and bad lol

Goron3

Smash Apprentice

Musical taste?

The lyrics to that song are incredible lol. Tis nice to hear a lyrics flow like that for a change (remembers why he hates mainstream hip hop).

Twst101

Smash Cadet
my bad about double posting but um lol thanx for the comment as a TL player i have to say i realy cant stand watching other tl players just spam back airs either tho it is a strong attack i mean theres no varity x.x thats why i thought id change things up with a diffrent playing style introduced to toon link tho some may not like it i dont like to spam cuz were does spaming back airs to a down air get you?....ill tell you its gets you to a point in time were someone will study that style like a hawk and read you like a book next time you play them so legan thanx for noticing my tl change up =D much apreacted ^^

squarez

Smash Apprentice
Lols dont worry about that guy, noobs dont like immortal technique.

Twst101

Smash Cadet
just because i know you guys dont know, the song has been used in a smash combo video before this.

it was in one of the first combo videos ever made for melee. its also a classic and is played by possibly the best ganon ever.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gDs-lPmIUec

i kinda liked ur TL video. but i dont call it a combo video because there is no such thing in brawl.
OMG i remember that video!!! its hella old!! lol i guess i did use the same song huh ^^; lol what ever my videos a brawl video and theres is melee and see you have the same atttitude that most people have "that brawl has no combos" everyone said the same thing about melee and look were that went watch my video was just a start up give it like a month and brawl will evolve my video was just an example of what is to come later on in the year so dont be so doubtful jeez:dizzy:

EmperorCesar

Smash Apprentice
That was as unimpressive as I thought it would be. People need to be a little more modest, I doubt that even the very best Toon Link in the world (whoever that may be) can make a decent combo video at this point. The boring, predictable "combos" in the vid are more than enough to prove this.

Twst101

Smash Cadet
That was as unimpressive as I thought it would be. People need to be a little more modest, I doubt that even the very best Toon Link in the world (whoever that may be) can make a decent combo video at this point. The boring, predictable "combos" in the vid are more than enough to prove this.
why do people like you even post? negativity is so pointless you all say the same thing "blah blah no combos this no combos that" i mean its getting old....if you read the comment under the video you'd know it was just a sttart up video REAL combos wont be introduced into this game till later why do people...no why do *******s like you have to be such downers like no one wants to hear you wine about **** YOU dont think is a combo if my video wasnt a combo i want YOU to set up a camera and record tl combos RIGHT now.....if you cant then id be quite if i were you and if it was such an UNIMPRESSIVE video what impulsed you to watch it and waste my time and yours posting a complant about a video YOU didnt even reocord people like you make me sick you know that you have nothing better to do than to critisize other peoples videos do somthing better with your time and go practice so YOU can put out a video that WILL impress everyone ok? OK...

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
I don't know if you think it says much, but other than the spam that seems like how I play. I liked it actually...

I mean I don't like the music at all (just my own personal beef with the genre) but that's not the point.

And to all the people who need to be negative: Go back to the melee boards...

Twst101

Smash Cadet
I don't know if you think it says much, but other than the spam that seems like how I play. I liked it actually...

I mean I don't like the music at all (just my own personal beef with the genre) but that's not the point.

thats excatly my view and ty....^^; i mean most people who are used to melee...when brawl came out all they wanted was melee with more chars and better graphics which is stupid

Twst101

Smash Cadet

Excatly my point of view lol and ty see when brawl came out most idiots were expecting melee with more chars its like wtf of course its not gonna be the same moron

Zoap

Smash Master
next time dont just combo myron and the cpus. we know they both arent very good at brawl :)

melito

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Melito37
awsome vid man. i like how you use your down air in the edge.

and when are people gonna forget about old melee and start playing wats new now brawl.
i know that in the future this game is gonna get better.

EmperorCesar

Smash Apprentice
why do people like you even post? negativity is so pointless you all say the same thing "blah blah no combos this no combos that" i mean its getting old....if you read the comment under the video you'd know it was just a sttart up video REAL combos wont be introduced into this game till later why do people...no why do *******s like you have to be such downers like no one wants to hear you wine about **** YOU dont think is a combo if my video wasnt a combo i want YOU to set up a camera and record tl combos RIGHT now.....if you cant then id be quite if i were you and if it was such an UNIMPRESSIVE video what impulsed you to watch it and waste my time and yours posting a complant about a video YOU didnt even reocord people like you make me sick you know that you have nothing better to do than to critisize other peoples videos do somthing better with your time and go practice so YOU can put out a video that WILL impress everyone ok? OK...

What? I'm not going to bother reading your 1st grade writing skills. Learn to use punctuation marks, moron.

Bane

Smash Journeyman
I'll be frank, and you can criticize me for being negative, but if you didn't want it to be critiqued, posting it on a site like this is just plain silly. It wasn't unbearable, and it had it's moments, but the clips you showed were just average playing, nothing spectacular, and parts of it weren't even tight by those standards. The clips were really loose and quite a few of your combos were brought on by poor playing of your opponents. I watched some of your other vids (so I'm not just judging you on your fragments in the combo vid) You do use a projectiles in better balance then some TL's I've seen, but it could afford to be a lot tighter and more precise, TL has very versatile projectiles, and they still have more to offer. The aerials could be afford to be a lot more aggressive once you have them on the defensive, more off-stage aerials would be nice, as TL certainly has the ability to pull it off; you did a bit of it, but your main means of chase seemed to be your projectiles, and while they're a favorably defensive/stunning technique rather then an edgeguard. If you didn't want an in depth critique, then no offense meant, just suggesting. Brawl is still young, I realize, and much of the advanced play is still being discovered, though that's no reason to shun critiques, doing the best to add something to the discussion based on what we know. Keep on truckin'

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
I liked pretty much the video, nice TL you got, better than mine anyways XD, and as I couldnt miss it, i'll comment on the song too :p i myself dont like that kind of music too much...more like nothing at all, but i still listened to a bit of it, and the lyrics were good though, then i just muted youtube and used winamp :p

Anyways, nice video, for such an early time of Brawl.

Will19

Smash Apprentice
I've heard that song in a SSBM combo vid. I think. That aint good. : P
And whats up with the center text in every new clip? >_>

Otherwise you're pretty good.
Oh.. and don't use Windows Movie Maker, it makes me sick.

Corigames

Smash Hero
How to make a Toon Link combo video:

1. Get footage of you playing
2. Edit it so that every clip is 10-15 seconds before you get a down air spike on someone
3. ????
4. Profit

Seriously, in some of those clips he is getting his *** beat and then, because the other person went off the edge or decided to help him get into that position, spikes them. then let's cut to the next clip that essentially does the same thing.

WOOT

Twst101

Smash Cadet
How to make a Toon Link combo video:

1. Get footage of you playing
2. Edit it so that every clip is 10-15 seconds before you get a down air spike on someone
3. ????
4. Profit

Seriously, in some of those clips he is getting his *** beat and then, because the other person went off the edge or decided to help him get into that position, spikes them. then let's cut to the next clip that essentially does the same thing.

WOOT
go watch the full matches dumb ***....if you DID you'd know that they wernt forfit matches to MAKE one of use look good they were actual clipss and yea sum were me vs comp just cuz i needed filler footage but what ever people like you who post useless insight make me sick do someting useful with your time and post somthing USEFUL

Top Bottom