• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link's Match-up Discussions Directory (Old)

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
close up armor pieces get lost easily stage transformations helps keep her side b away the statues i mean they keep her side b away

peaches main move of racking up damage is dair once she floats bam barrage her with **** bair works wonders since shes tall anf floaty if she floats at high percents to dair you up smash will be waiting you can shield grab her kill move i think its fair? and she cant kill for **** you could most likely live till 200 every stock

Kaffei

Smash Hero
dude just plank until the pieces disappear omg. does that not work?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
planking is underrated. you can just do it for a long time until u see an opening then get back on stage! unless ur char sux at planking

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
No...he can't

I mean, you can drop down and throw a bomb up pretty safely, but at the point that you're having to pull more, it is insanely sketchy.

Snake dropping down and Bairing beats everything you can do except airdodge. Basically you can't rely on Tink planking.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Idc about snake, what about vs Zss. If not, darn.

Play as gay as possible until they disappear?

Or you could just pick Brinstar. Her clothes come right off and fall into the lava. ;)

True, lol. But what about other stages :(
At the start of the game, use minimal projectiles. Just use her armor pieces until they're all gone. Try to avoid her stuns, Side B, and Uair at all costs. She will be using her Side B to space, so try to predict that and shield it. Be cautious of grabbing the ledge. Normally she'll try to Dsmash the outside of the ledge if she has the time.

If Sheikant could make a thread for this, we should inv some ZSS mains.

Avoid platforms.
That too.

MaskedAvnger

Smash Journeyman
The only MU that I really still have a lot of trouble with is falco. I dunno what the deal is, I just cannot deal with falco. Lasers aren't that big an issue, as tink is a good size to block the middle lasers and the higher ones go over his head iirc. but then I just don't know what to do the rest of the time, I'll be trying to just keep him at midrange and then i'm at killrange and i make one mistake and he takes a stock.

Any advice would be appreciated

DUB

Smash Lord
The only MU that I really still have a lot of trouble with is falco. I dunno what the deal is, I just cannot deal with falco. Lasers aren't that big an issue, as tink is a good size to block the middle lasers and the higher ones go over his head iirc. but then I just don't know what to do the rest of the time, I'll be trying to just keep him at midrange and then i'm at killrange and i make one mistake and he takes a stock.

Any advice would be appreciated

I'm all for a Falco discussion too. Seemed like the only one that wasn't discussed? I could be wrong.

MaskedAvnger

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I can do falco discussion if everyone is ok with me continuing to do matchups, or if someone else wants to take charge, I'd be willing to do one a week for the harder ones, and maybe get some easy ones out in a couple days. We could've done Ness in two to three days, I really dunno why I chose to do Ness...

I's a scrub. Dats why

So I'll continue on with matchups if everyone wants me to, so we get discussions going, or if one of you guys would rather do it, that's ok too.

I put a summary on the Ness thread, if there's anything glaringly missing, let me know and I'll add it.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10460888&postcount=49

That's good stuff, MaskedAvnger! However, wouldn't recommend continuing the matchups without Sheikant's consent (and if he approves, a mod would have to give you the OP).

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
That's good stuff, MaskedAvnger! However, wouldn't recommend continuing the matchups without Sheikant's consent (and if he approves, a mod would have to give you the OP).
i dont see why its an issue just let him do it without any roadblocks. MUs werent getting done till he started to bring them up again

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Ill probably give masked avenger the thread eventually. Probably on sunday :O. I dont care for matchup discussions enough/brawl enough to continue writing summaries :O.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
TWiNK, you and everyone else here knows that you're fit for mod. Now go apply dammit.

DUB

Smash Lord
I really don't know how to fight Falco with TL. Frigate is an awesome stage for the matchup though.

MaskedAvnger

Smash Journeyman
Alright, Falco thread going up right now. Afterward, which one does everyone wanna do? No particular order, just check the OP and see which ones are outdated/never discussed that you guys want to discuss.

Top Bottom