• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link's Match-up Discussions Directory (Old)

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Sorry DTL you were hardly active. So I took over again.

Ok people, time for a fresh start. I have a great idea to make this easier and better for all of us. Instead of me writing a long *** post from scratch, the discussions will have specific stuff to talk about and when we're done deciding the ratio and everything. I'll search the thread for all of the most informative posts and put them in the OP along with the matchup ratio. It has worked for other character boards and is less time consuming than writing a summary from scratch.

Who do you people want for discussion 1?

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Sure if that's fine with everyone.

EDIT- this is what I have in mind for the OPs, we'll discuss the following:

*Ratio
*Toon Link's advantages
*Other char's advantages
*Stages
*Things to keep in mind
*Tactics/Attacks that help in the matchup
*Dealing with X Char's stuff
*Reminder of all the stuff

Updated OP.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Ok, lets start this up. Instead of discussing every matchup again (lol), I'll be collectinv votes instead on what people disagree on. We'll be using the old matchup summaries and if u disagree with ratios, just post. Whatever gets the highest vote is the new matchup ratio. After that is done, we'll discuss one new matchup where we left off. Sound good?

Oh and here are the ratios:
:metaknight:- Strong Disadvantage 65-35
:snake:-Disadvantage 60-40
:wario:- Even 50-50
:falco:-
:diddy::- Even 50-50
:dedede:- Even 50-50
:marth:- Slight Disadvantage 55-45
:gw:- Slight Advantage 55-45
:pikachu2:- Slight Advantage 55-45
:olimar:- Slight Disadvantage 55-45
:popo:- Slight Advantage 55-45
:rob:-
:kirby2:- Slight Advantage 55-45
:lucario:- Even 50:50
:zerosuitsamus:-
:toonlink:-
:pit:-
:dk2:-
:peach:-
:luigi2:-Advantage 60-40
:fox:-Even 50:50
:wolf:-Even 50-50
:sonic:-
:shiek:-
:bowser:-
:zelda:- Strong Advantage 65-35
:pt:-
:ike:-
:lucas:-
:mario2:-
:ness2:-
:yoshi2:-
:samus2:-
:jigglypuff:-
:falcon:-
:link2:-
:ganondorf:-

Im too lazy to change the order to match the new tier list LOL. So deal with it.

We could just start this up again.

Meta Knight -
Snake -
Diddy Kong -
Falco -
Ice Climbers -
Marth -
Wario -
King Dedede -
Pikachu -
Olimar -
Lucario -
Mr. Game & Watch -
Pit -
Toon Link -
Zero Suit Samus -
Kirby -
R.O.B. -
Donkey Kong -
Peach -
Fox -
Luigi -
Wolf -
Sheik -
Pokémon Trainer -
Sonic -
Ness -
Bowser -
Lucas -
Ike -
Yoshi -
Mario -
Falcon -
Samus -
Jigglypuff -
Zelda -
Link -
Ganondorf -

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
We could just start this up again.

Meta Knight -
Snake -
Diddy Kong -
Falco -
Ice Climbers -
Marth -
Wario -
King Dedede -
Pikachu -
Olimar -
Lucario -
Mr. Game & Watch -
Pit -
Toon Link -
Zero Suit Samus -
Kirby -
R.O.B. -
Donkey Kong -
Peach -
Fox -
Luigi -
Wolf -
Sheik -
Pokémon Trainer -
Sonic -
Ness -
Bowser -
Lucas -
Ike -
Yoshi -
Mario -
Falcon -
Samus -
Jigglypuff -
Zelda -
Link -
Ganondorf -
Thats exactly what I dont want. Discussing characters that we've already discussed is dumb as heck.

Flea_16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flea_16
She is underrated imo
the ZSS MU is kinda fun if u know it. the key to the fight is the begining, DONT GeT ***** by the armor!!!, besides that she can keep her distance but we can sill out camp her, and watch out for her jab its ODEE fast !!! o.O

Kaffei

Smash Hero
the ZSS MU is kinda fun if u know it. the key to the fight is the begining, DONT GeT ***** by the armor!!!, besides that she can keep her distance but we can sill out camp her, and watch out for her jab its ODEE fast !!! o.O
I just bomb plank/uair plank as mk until the armour is gone.

MJG

Smash Hero
Play aggressive and remember that Powershielding (Yes powershielding. Not bombs or bair) is your BEST friend in this MU.

As for the pieces...I just try and wait for them to throw them so that I can Z catch it or just let it pass by...

Yeah, instead of pulling out a projectile, I just shield or wait to see what she does. Use/get rid of the armor pieces, and shield everything she has.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Just get close to ZSS and **** with sword attacks. And ZSS cant kill that well either.

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
ZSS doesn't have many OoS options. I think you should be aggressive and space well.

Flea_16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flea_16
lol yea playing her aggressive is a good idea , i do that some times . most of the time i try to stay spaced about mid range so she cant out space me or if i need to come in for the kill i can do so. you also have to watch out for her uair, it combos, kills, and it pretty fast

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Yeah, I found that the hard way. Side B > zair. I kinda have problems with this matchup, shes just so fast. But last time I played a zss was in 09 so...yeah.

MJG

Smash Hero
Same. Only good ZSS near me is FK1 and I haven't played him since October of last year.

BF is an ok stage for ZSS in this MU. Don't get above her ;o

I don't really know what to ban vs ZSS >_> Brinstar maybe? I usually CP Halberd vs ZSS

Flea_16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flea_16
Same. Only good ZSS near me is FK1 and I haven't played him since October of last year.

BF is an ok stage for ZSS in this MU. Don't get above her ;o

I don't really know what to ban vs ZSS >_> Brinstar maybe? I usually CP Halberd vs ZSS
well i onyl played against 2 decent ZSS but both of them did really well against me on lylat which is usaually my favorite CP stage to go to. since then i bann lylat and CP halberd.

Next time, I'm gonna take her to Brinstar. If she spawns on the right side of the map, she loses all of her armor pieces, only leaving one. If Jungle Japes is legal, take her there. Her Side B will auto snap to like every ledge ever. Either that, or take her to Rainbow Cruise. There are very little ledges for her UpB/SideB to use, so you could take advantage of that. I'm sure she has some tricks in Rainbow Cruise that I don't know of.

As for the matchup itself, a ZSS' worst nightmare is a shield happy opponent.

Top Bottom