• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Iron Boot Camp

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Iron Boot Camp

Drill Courses

This thread is purely voluntary. Those who wish to join may do so. As you can see, I have divided Toon Link into what I see as key parts that make up a good Toon Link game. Those who need help in some of these categories just sign up for it. I also need some volunteers to be instructors that people can go to for help in what ever category you want to teach. There is no limit on how many you may instruct. I figure in case for those people who just can't get it, they can practice with an instructor or a fellow recruit online. This is not trying to replace the online thread, this is just an attempt to find struggling people (like myself) and have them practice with others to get the basics down. If you need to get in contact with an instructor, just click on their name and it will send you to their profile page, you can then send a PM to them.

Sword Play:
Here you will learn basic sword play and techniques. As you progress it is highly suggested you fight fellow recruits like youself to practice.

Instructor(s): TLMSheikant, [URL="http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=117208"]bmasterr15[/URL]

Projectiles:
Here you will learn the basics about using projectiles and the different ways they are useful. You will also learn tricks and spacing techniques as well. It is highly suggested you practice with an instructor or another person to keep up the practice if needed.

Bombs:
Instructor(s): Bomber, TLMSheikant

Bow and Arrow:
Instructor(s):TLMSheikant, oOJaseOo

Boomerang:
Instructor(s): oOJaseOo, chaos11011

Hook Shot:
A simple gesture but it is something that not all people can get right off the bat. Some of the good uses for the hook shot is Zair, which you can practice and grabbing. Grabbing with is a bit risky but can be a powerful tool in winning a fight. Under your instructor or partner you will practice these things.

Instructor(s): TLMSheikant
(would like to have Hyro as an instructor for this category since his Zairs are beast)

Ledge Game:
This one ought to be fun for most of you. What you do here is basically by any means neccissary, knock your opponent off the edge and by any means neccissary either try to defend it or take it back. with this it will force you to think on your toes and come up with possibly a wide variety of ways to retake the ledge or defend it. If no instructor is available, then find a partner and then you and your patner(s) have at it.

Instructor(s): Bomber, SasukeBowser, chaos11011

How does this look guys? Think this looks like a good idea? I would like some feed back.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
You stealin my iron boot cracks bomber explain the meaning of this now
>_>....
Sorry if I'm stealing your image. I just have had the idea for a few weeks and earlier today in English I wrote down the OP on a peice of paper. As for the idea behind the name, you actually gave me the idea. I know we need a boot camp and since we all here love TL I figured Iron Boots would be appropriate for the name. It would be cliche and at the same time funny and something I thought people would get.

And I still need some volunteers for any of these categories. If there is a category I'm missing, let me know and I'll add it.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
lol its kool i was jkin
its good people are like my stuff like iron boots
cause that means i'm making a difference
and when i leave i'll never be forgotten.
:D

its kool bomber man idc
ehh I dont wifi anymore so i would join as an instructor...sorry man
wish you luck with this man

Bomber7

Smash Hero
lol its kool i was jkin
its good people are like my stuff like iron boots
cause that means i'm making a difference
and when i leave i'll never be forgotten.

its kool bomber man idc
ehh I dont wifi anymore so i would join as an instructor...sorry man
wish you luck with this man
Thanks. It's a shame, I could use you as an instructor. But that's fine. Theres more than one way to help the TL boards. I hope this thing kicks off and does fine.

Redson

Smash Journeyman
Your ability to make useful and well organized threads astounds me.

If I was a better Toon Link, I'd volunteer for the Sword Play unit. You know me. :\

But at the same time, kupo, I'm just not good enough. Good luck with this thread!

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I CALL LEDGE GAME INSTRUCTOR!!! >_>

muhahaha

No capital B pl0x? ;_;
I don't mean to be *****y, but that always gets to me for some reason. I don't care about the capitalization or whatever of the s.
The B just makes me go " >_< ... "

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I could help the brits out i supose or is this a strictly online training thing? cause if it is i'll just go buy sumin for the wifi
so far yes. however if you have another suggestion or another way to train offline for those who here or TL's you know by you who want to participate, by all means do it. It's strictly voluntary,I figure we can have fun with this and find some good leaders and get some good recruits. It'll take some time to get people for every category but I think we can do it.

@sausuke- ty for volunteering.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Projectile Poll

Ok so if you read the title of this post, it's self explanitory.

When making this, I ran into the problem of how to advertise the projectile section. I was conflicted wether to have it with just "Projectiles" or to have "Projectiles" and then have sub-sections for the 3 projectiles and have instructors for those. The only problem I saw with that is that it would just be spamming and basically be doing nothing, but if you did a course with the use of all 3 projectiles in 1 then we could get some where, so for the possible improvement of this thread, what do you guys want? Want to keep the basic projectiles section or have it broken down into the 3 seperate projectiles?

UncleSam

Smash Master
Ok so if you read the title of this post, it's self explanitory.

When making this, I ran into the problem of how to advertise the projectile section. I was conflicted wether to have it with just "Projectiles" or to have "Projectiles" and then have sub-sections for the 3 projectiles and have instructors for those. The only problem I saw with that is that it would just be spamming and basically be doing nothing, but if you did a course with the use of all 3 projectiles in 1 then we could get some where, so for the possible improvement of this thread, what do you guys want? Want to keep the basic projectiles section or have it broken down into the 3 seperate projectiles?
separate them there are different combination and tactics for each projectile so it would be too much for one instructor, splitting it up would be easier

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
Hmmm well we do hold smash fests here i supose if i advertised them as a training day aswell...

But im pretty good at b sticking if you need an instuctor for that any projectile rlly tho im not amazing with arrows and sword play is probably my best area.

just let me know if you want my help bomber

Siblingz

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if this will actually work out in the event a number of people want help. Even if it is a couple; time scheduals, people bailing, and laziness will be a major factor to this.

They are better off looking at videos or reading a guide. There are already a number of them.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I want to sign in to be an instructor in proyectile especially arrows and bombs, hookshot and swordplay bomber.
cool. thnks for volunteering. I'll update the OP right away.

Hmmm well we do hold smash fests here i supose if i advertised them as a training day aswell...

But im pretty good at b sticking if you need an instuctor for that any projectile rlly tho im not amazing with arrows and sword play is probably my best area.

just let me know if you want my help bomber
Like I said, this is strictly voluntary. It's more or less your call if you want to help in a category. I could use as much help as I can and right now I'd like to get some instructors fast. So it's your call, if you want to be an instructor in something, please sign up and I will add oyu to the list.

I'm not sure if this will actually work out in the event a number of people want help. Even if it is a couple; time scheduals, people bailing, and laziness will be a major factor to this.

They are better off looking at videos or reading a guide. There are already a number of them.
you make a good point. However I figured that reading is one thing and fighting is another. It's great and all that we have that. I got no problem, there is useful knowledge on those threads, why not share it. Though I more or less made this thread so we can advertise the fact that not all of us TL's here are great and/or get all these AT's right off the bat. Since the TL's are lovingly warm in brotherhood, I know we have plenty of guys who would love to help those in need. They showed that warm welcoming to me when I first came here a few months ago, so I dont have any doubt they wouldnt do the same for a thread like this that caters to improving our game. And like i cant stress enough, this is stricly voluntary. You can be an instructor or can be a recruit. I put the link to the Profile page links into the names that I have listed for instructor. BUt hey if this fails, at least I tried. not all threads can be perfect, but I figure for this I have nothing to lose.

id have some help for something, like projectile game.
I'm deciding to take the votes, since the majority so far has convinced me to split it up into the three projectiles, so if you want to be an instructor, just tell me which one(s) you want to instruct. =)

Also I want to give a shout out to everyone who has supported this thread so far. Thank you.

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
Hmmm k will have to think about it

damezguy do you ever attend smash fests? if so you should come to one of our local fests and i'll be able to help you in person pm me if your interested tho be warned we have some of the best brits at our smash fests includeing Aiko,almas,blinky,ROOOOOY!,Yeniths (the organizer), tails chao we even had Knutts from the states over last time so be prepared to learn fast.

if you come ^^

Edit: sign me up for bombs and rang bomber and i'll help you out

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Well, that new addition makes all the categories having at least 1 instructor. So I guess we are officially open for business. If people come in here and read this and want to be an instructor, just say so and I'll add you. Otherwise if you are here to be sent through the drills then click on the instructors name and PM them.

thanks to all the volunteers so far.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
thanks. however I dont have wifi anymore. I use a wireless connection and 2 dyas ago my wii couldnt pick up the signal. Also I'm not gona be getting on smash boards much any more, as a matter of fact it will be rare that you even see me on or even rarer you see me post anymore. I cant do much more for the boards anymore so I'm only gona get on to check tourny dates in my own state, thats just aobut it. Sorry that I'm useless now. :p

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
thanks. however I dont have wifi anymore. I use a wireless connection and 2 dyas ago my wii couldnt pick up the signal. Also I'm not gona be getting on smash boards much any more, as a matter of fact it will be rare that you even see me on or even rarer you see me post anymore. I cant do much more for the boards anymore so I'm only gona get on to check tourny dates in my own state, thats just aobut it. Sorry that I'm useless now. :p
lol you wont be useless and im pretty sure these boards will suck u back in as long as you still play brawl is wat happened with me and melee

SupItsMe

Smash Rookie
Soo this is basicially a wi-fi real time tutorial for newbies lik mehself? Sounds pretty cool :)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm trying to think..... What do you thi8nk oyu are good at? If you wan to instruct, then volunteer. Since I can instruct, I'm leaving the teaching up to the instructors I do have now. I'd suggest edge game, anyone can do that, plus it can be more like a competetive edge game. However I might consider updating the OP and giving a suggestion as to how you should have you match. Like for edge game matches have like 5 stock matches as compared to 3 stock matches for lets say the rest.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
bmaster, youve been added.

I also gotta ask, anyone have any matches yet? I know it's new and we just got every spot filled with at least one instructer but I just want a little feed back thus far.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Sign me up for Progectails or edge games (im just so good at both)Or Boomyrang (my fav weapon)

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
*Approves*

Volunteers for introductory training. Ya know... for people who really don't know what TL is all about. Not available very often though. Sessions would have to be scheduled.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
yesh Im in *does a weird breakdance*anywayz ill wait for eager learners *waits*

Bomber7

Smash Hero
*Approves*

Volunteers for introductory training. Ya know... for people who really don't know what TL is all about. Not available very often though. Sessions would have to be scheduled.
Glad you approve, if you want to sign up for a category please do. I think this thread will be one that can run on its own as long as we have a suffice amount of instructors. Though if your juust looking for an instructor, click the name provided. I can right now, I got no wifi for the time being. Though hopefulyl it'l be back soon and then when spring break comes around I can help with the other volunteers and help keep the show on the road.

Also according to my sis I should be getting her laptop in the next month so lets see, it's late March.... maybe mid April? or late April I will get it? Definatly some time in April. I can wait, cuz what I will do is make quickie training vids of intoduction for each category. I think it's about time I contributed my own video to these boards. :)

Top Bottom