• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon link crap... I think so

Slyde

Smash Cadet
Your place to complain about toon link... but seriously he's terrible

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
the only problem i have with toon link is that i can't get kill moves in.
i can get people to 90% really fast with "combos" and forcing them to do what i want with the use of arrows, bombs, and the boomerang. i also stay alive forever sometimes staying alive up to 200%.
it's just that i can't get the kill moves and people stay alive into like 150% even though they should have died around 120% or less.
but that is just a personal thing that i can overcome with more practice.

toktomo

Smash Cadet
i can get people to 90% really fast with "combos" and forcing them to do what i want with the use of arrows, bombs, and the boomerang. i also stay alive forever sometimes staying alive up to 200%.
it's just that i can't get the kill moves and people stay alive into like 150% even though they should have died around 120% or less.
Yeah, I agree w/ you on that. It takes me forever to finish off a person at 130% damage or higher, however I always come out w/ a win in the end. That's all that matters.:)

Pep1to

Smash Journeyman
Its really stupid to post this on the toon link thread don't you think?

everybody here likes Toon link

and toon link is one of the best character !

Brandon72196

Smash Apprentice
Dude, "he sucks" says the pit user. In a 1v1 perspective ToonLink would own pit...
Yeah, I agree w/ you on that. It takes me forever to finish off a person at 130% damage or higher, however I always come out w/ a win in the end. That's all that matters.:)
Just get them with a nicely timed F-smash if the first one dosent hit its ok, you just need the second.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Its really stupid to post this on the toon link thread don't you think?

everybody here likes Toon link

and toon link is one of the best character !
Thank you. ^_^

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Hes being an *** because he wanted The Eggplant Wizard over Toon Link. Isnt it obvious?
Welcome to 4 months ago, population, -12

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Mind posting your reasoning as to why Toon Link is "crap"? As far as I can tell, he seems to be a good character. He's fast, has multiple good projectiles, has multiple fast/combo aerials, has great spacing with his tilts and jab, a ranged grab that's fast enough to punish people like Ike and Game and Watch who try to approach with aerials that land outside of grab range, an excellent recovery (just his up-B can get him from the very edge of the screen slightly below the edge of the stage to the edge of the stage), a spike (albiet risky), quick and powerful smashes that function as finishers, a small hitbox, disjointed attack hitboxes, and multiple lethal aerials.
His only disadvantages are a relatively short range, a juggle-able floatiness, and a light weight, which contribute to early off-the-top deaths. Oh, and I guess the ranged grab, which makes it hard to shieldgrab.

Even if I don't PLAY this character, I can recognize why he is good.

Lone Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Mind posting your reasoning as to why Toon Link is "crap"? As far as I can tell, he seems to be a good character. He's fast, has multiple good projectiles, has multiple fast/combo aerials, has great spacing with his tilts and jab, a ranged grab that's fast enough to punish people like Ike and Game and Watch who try to approach with aerials that land outside of grab range, an excellent recovery (just his up-B can get him from the very edge of the screen slightly below the edge of the stage to the edge of the stage), a spike (albiet risky), quick and powerful smashes that function as finishers, a small hitbox, disjointed attack hitboxes, and multiple lethal aerials.
His only disadvantages are a relatively short range, a juggle-able floatiness, and a light weight, which contribute to early off-the-top deaths. Oh, and I guess the ranged grab, which makes it hard to shieldgrab.

Even if I don't PLAY this character, I can recognize why he is good.
Dont give this n00b a good explanation. Just tell how much of a fail he is like I did ><. Good reasoning BTW.

danielrofl

Smash Cadet
darn i have the opposite problem pretty much. i can juggle with bairs and uairs for abit, and when the uair comes i can finish them. i just find it harder to deal damage quickly, which is where toon link is strongest. i guess im just going to have to work at it for a while.

bioniclekid8

Smash Cadet
toon link owns link and destroys pit

(can the two links shields still block like they could in melee? jusst curious :))

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Yeah seriously, you can critique characters, but you don't just say "He sucks". If you want to at least seem intelligent, you could possibly give reasons why you don't like him....

Btw, yes TLs and Links sheilds can still block.

Adiloni

Smash Rookie
i also stay alive forever sometimes staying alive up to 200%.
Do you not see how contradicting that is?

I think that people will join me in saying that TL's legs must be made out of rubber or something, because he jumps far too high for someone with legs to rival Jiggs.

Jube Jube

Smash Rookie
Really? Well, personally, I can rack up damage pretty high for most of the people I fight with Toon Link as well but that doesn't mean that he doesn't have kill moves. His kill moves are just... pretty weak to be considered kill moves but they're still there.

Just go for his nair for it's power, speed, and the fact that it protects Toon Link in front and behind as well, but if that doesn't work, you gotta learn to time his fairs for great kills or juggle people and finish them off with his uair.

Though if all else fails, just go for some bair hits. They may not be killing moves but with enough percentage they'll be able to KO opponents well enough.

AlmightyJeebus

Smash Lord
We're not out of order!!!! You're out of order!!!!!! THE COFFEE MACHINE IN THE BREAK ROOM IS OUT OF ORDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom