• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link combo setup thread

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
2 combos ive used that ive never seen mentioned.

Zair ---> Bomb ---> Nair (autocanceled) ---> Dash Attack (with C stick) if they trip continue with ---> Nair ---> Fsmash.

works on heavy characters from 0-20%ish. does a total of about 65%

this next one only works if opponent is near the edge, below 30ish% and again is best on heavy characters.

Zair ---> Nair (autocanceled) ---> Footstool ---> Dair.

for some characters its better to add a bomb in before the nair.

James1119

Smash Cadet
Throw TL's bomb into air, chain grad opponent, throw them up into bomb, then jump up and UAIR them.. They will then be launched up. From there you can do almost anything to them, seeing as they have some damage, there in the air (TL's strongpoint), and they can't get back to the ground.

Another thing I do is just pull a boomerang>arrow>jump and DAIR.. It only works if your almost too close to throw a boomerang.

James1119

Smash Cadet
BTW, I refer to his hookshot as a chain grab, as that's what I think it should be called. ;]

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
You quoted the first things twice.

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
This isnt rlly a combo but its funny to do

bair >bair>bair till at edge> forward tilt >footstool>footstool>footstool>dair> upb for recovery

(this all depends on who your faceing dont try the three footstools on anyone like marth or mk but its funny as hell on a jigs)

i dont know why but iv gotten into footstooling alot lately

Tiersr4Queers

Smash Apprentice
Zair > Zair > pullbomb > airdodge zair > throw bomb > low Zair > Grab > beat up till release > Nair > arrow cancel > SHDA > Rang > pull bomb and throw up > pull another Ibomb > upsmash. thats for noobs or ppl who like to jump into the Zair ****
:\ u sure ur opponent is gnna let you do all of that bro, it seems like whn u did u were very fast or the opponent wasn't dodging or jus standing there cuz that seems like alot of work not saying ur combo is wack or anything im jus wondring how it was performed whn u did it like timing and everything. :D

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
:\ u sure ur opponent is gnna let you do all of that bro, it seems like whn u did u were very fast or the opponent wasn't dodging or jus standing there cuz that seems like alot of work not saying ur combo is wack or anything im jus wondring how it was performed whn u did it like timing and everything. :D
lol dont worry about it mate im used to ppl questioning my methods ^^ but yea it works for me i used to do it to fast for them to figure out how to get out untill everyone kept calling me a gunner (dont ask long story) so i tend to slow it down and mindgame them but yea the combo is difficult and hard to pull off but its not rlly punishable hardly any lag for zair ^^

darkTL

Smash Rookie
down throw then up smash on a fast faller> opens up all sorts of combo possibilities>

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
But yea Tr4Q remember there are hardly ANY combos in brawl ask a melee player -_-' i think there are only 1 or 2 true combos in brawl (probs wrong) and i think captain falcon has it/them both.

So rlly the timeing and everything is down to the moment and is always situational so in other words mindgames son

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
We have true combos. Ibomb is a true combo with anything really. And in training there are lots of other things that register as true combos with tink.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I think TL has more combos then any other character.
Like, more mix-up combos.

Not stupid ones like ZSS.

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
Oh yea dont get me wrong there are combos difference is most arnt true combos basically because nintendo did sumin wierd with the hitstun but yea ibomb to upsmash is a true combo if you can do it right.

Alzi

Smash Master
Nearly all of tlinks moves can link into eachother. That helps out a lot.
Toon Link

Hmm somthing seems smoky here.

It is all about mind games but it's easier to combo with toon link. Returning boomerang sets up for heaps of stuff that can lead into kills.

I just love that feeling where your opponent looses focus and you combo like crazy on them.

Top Bottom