• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Too many Joke characters?

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
Then how come you aren't a game designer and Sakurai is a famous renowned designer for one of the best franchises in the history of gaming?

Was I saying Sakurai doesn't deserve his position? I was talking about what people want in the game. Some which are not good ideas. Everyone can have a move set I didn't say it wasn't possible. I Clearly stated that some characters have better move set potential than others so they should have more priority.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The thing is Layton can have a moveset. He has fencing abilities for normals. His layton mobile. PUZZLES!
I was more referring to the puzzles part and the random stuff he uses to make something awesome with it. Basically, the moveset I made for him in the Layton support thread. :3

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I have complete faith in the dev team after they went with putting the wii fit trainer in the game, a character that nobody on the entire internet ever thought of, except for one guy who put it on his list of impossible characters, but that list also included megaman and little mac so it's clear that he doesn't understand the definition of unlikely.
I have no fu#$@%$ idea what they have planned, but I'm liking every bit of it.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Was I saying Sakurai doesn't deserve his position? I was talking about what people want in the game. Some which are not good ideas. Everyone can have a move set I didn't say it wasn't possible. I Clearly stated that some characters have better move set potential than others so they should have more priority.

urrrrrrgh. Moveset Potential doesn't mean the moveset will be good or bad. It only means how easy/unoriginal you could make the moveset.

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
Can I ask, would you guys like the Mii to be a possible character? If most if you guys do, I'm speaking to the wrong people and I shall leave this discussion.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I Clearly stated that some characters have better move set potential than others so they should have more priority.
NO... just NO!!! you clearly don't understand what this game series is about. If "moveset potential" determined the roster we'd have the most ******** roster possible in a Smash game.

Can I ask, would you guys like the Mii to be a possible character? If most if you guys do, I'm speaking to the wrong people and I shall leave this discussion.
I don't want Miis to be characters, but if Sakurai put them in the game then I'm fine with it. I trust him.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

A Mii could though! Miis could use sports equipment and musical instruments. As long if it is balanced it still makes Mii a good/interesting/fun character!

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace

No, I honestly wouldn't. If it does get placed in the game, I'm sure Sakurai would do it well, regardless. Would I play as the character? No. Would I complain about the character? No. Would I move on and still buy the game? 100% Yes.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Most of us don't really like Mii. He's just there. If he got in, we wouldn't freak out, but he wouldn't be our favorite character either.

Either way, why are you being such an elitist? You're coming off as rude.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
So why don't you guys want the Mii?

I wouldn't want me because there are other characters that would be more Fun or interesting, like Waluigi or Toad. Do you realize this is all preference right?

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
I wouldn't want me because there are other characters that would be more Fun or interesting, like Waluigi or Toad. Do you realize this is all preference right?

You have just stated my exact opinion. There are better possibilities.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Currently, it seems like an uninteresting and stale character. Depending on the way it is introduced or what capabilities it has can change my opinion. I can not visualize what a Mii is capable of. It still can surprise me with its move set and go "Oh yea....that attack makes sense...."

My biggest fear for the Mii is customization. If a Mii does get placed in the game, I would rather have a single moveset rather than being able to change what abilities he can or can not use.

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
And the Mii is what I see as a joke or bad character which surprisingly people want. So my point is very well valid.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
You have just stated my exact opinion. There are better possibilities.

No, YOU are saying that a silly character COULDN'T have a good moveset. I'm saying I don't want Mii JUST BECAUSE I don't like the character. I do believe mii could be balanced and have a cool moveset i'm saying I don't want him!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Miis could be well-done though too. It's not out-of-realm when looking at Villager and Miss Fit. I'd be quite happy if they were because it'd mean I get to kick ass WELL as MYSELF, literally.

It's to be seen though. (-l´l-)

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
You are asking for our opinions. We aren't supreme game designers, this is just what we feel. You are getting confused.

Your point is not valid because what we want and what the majority of people want is totally different. What Sakurai and what I want is totally different. Here is something you should learn about game design....."You will never make everyone happy."

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
No, YOU are saying that a silly character COULDN'T have a good moveset. I'm saying I don't want Mii JUST BECAUSE I don't like the character. I do believe mii could be balanced and have a cool moveset i'm saying I don't want him!
Wario is a silly type of character yet I think he is a good addition, you clearly are missing the point. His move set works so he's good to stay.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
And the Mii is what I see as a joke or bad character which surprisingly people want. So my point is very well valid.
Your point is the furthest thing from valid bud lol.

Wario is a silly type of character yet I think he is a good addition, you clearly are missing the point. His move set works so he's good to stay.
Miis movesets could work to, movesets have nothing to do with why we don't want them... WTF is wrong with your logic?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Whaaaaaaaaaat!?!?! Your contradicting yourself again! You just said Wario has a good moveset. So why couldn't Mii have one?

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
You are asking for our opinions. We aren't supreme game designers, this is just what we feel. You are getting confused.

Your point is not valid because what we want and what the majority of people want is totally different. What Sakurai and what I want is totally different. Here is something you should learn about game design....."You will never make everyone happy."

Which is why I said I'm worried about the direction of the characters which are being requested. I'm not saying we have any say in it but I do believe a lot of suggestions are just stupid for the game. It's up to Sakurai to filter it out.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Which is why I said I'm worried about the direction of the characters which are being requested. I'm not saying we have any say in it but I do believe a lot of suggestions are just stupid for the game. It's up to Sakurai to filter it out.

Facts: Any character can have a good balanced moveset if done properly.

Opinion: You saying that only certain silly characters could have bad movesets.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
I understand what you are trying to say, and I may have immaturely done the same thing at one point, but you have to think abstractly. This game isn't being created for a certain number of people....no....thousands...no...millions....

No one cares what a few hundred people's opinions are. This isn't our game....

People complain about companies that cater to what people want in a game, World of Warcraft.
People complain about companies that ignore what people want in a game, All Indie Games....ever.....

You will never...never...make everyone happy. Its just how it is. People are too greedy and biased. They want certain things for themselves. They want to see their character be top tier.....it goes on and on....

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So you're opinion is law then.

Okay. Didn't know you were God.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Wario has a good move set from his games. Mii is nothing.
Mii has tons of games dedicated to his character.

Wii Party, he can used the different items that were used in minigames such as Boxing Gloves or helicopters.

Wii Sports/Resort, he could use sports equipment like a box & arrow or baseball bats.

Wii Music, Musical Instruments!

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
This of course is all opinions, some opinions are more logical than others. You guys are defending a character you will not even play yourself.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
You guys wanna hear a joke?

This thread

You guys are defending a character you will not even play yourself.
Sooooo???? Why does this even matter? I never play as Fox but I'll still defend his inclusion.

Fallacy alert. Fallacy alert. Fallacy alert.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
This of course is all opinions, some opinions are more logical than others. You guys are defending a character you will not even play yourself.

And you are saying that characters CAN'T be good. That is also opinion. THIS IS ALL OPINION BECAUSE THE GAME ISN'T EVEN FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
Dude, if you're lookin' for some list of objectively bad characters that everyone can agree on, I'm afraid you're out of luck. Everyone's got different ideas about what makes a good character, and I think that should be apparent from the response to this thread. You have your thoughts on what makes a good character, that's fine! But you have to accept that most of us just don't see eye-to-eye with you. Sorry guy. :\

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
The reasons you don't play fox will be different from the reasons you wouldn't play Mii's.

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
There are characters that from the start have more moveset potential: that is a given. Ike has more moveset potential than ROB for example. However, it doesn't mean Ike should have a priority over ROB as, with enough hard thinking, one can get ROB a moveset and properly balance it for competitive play. Do I have to remind you Brawl was destined to be casual? Sakurai said so himself. In this kind of games, the priority goes to iconic and wanted characters - not those with better moveset possibilities. But then again, I just repeated this whole brainless thread again and you will probably dismiss this as with the other posts.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace

Are you even reading what I'm saying? I'm done here, this is just getting frustrating. Go to Nintendo yourself and complain. Obviously no one agrees with you. You are just being stubborn, constantly contradicting yourself. Explaining your reasoning with fallacy......you're just going to continue to believe what you want. Nothing is going to get through to you and your opinions are so strong that not even, Villager can convince you by poking his head through your window with a smile on face convincing you with terror that he is a great character.

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
Dude, if you're lookin' for some list of objectively bad characters that everyone can agree on, I'm afraid you're out of luck. Everyone's got different ideas about what makes a good character, and I think that should be apparent from the response to this thread. You have your thoughts on what makes a good character, that's fine! But you have to accept that most of us just don't see eye-to-eye with you. Sorry guy. :\

People are getting a bit too defensive even though this is an opinion based thread. I don't know what to say against temper tantrums.

Top Bottom