• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Too late to start playing Melee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
You are factually incorrect. And your blatantly inaccurate use of the word "objectively" prompts me to reach for a dictionary:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/objective

not influenced by personal feelings, interpretations, or prejudice; based on facts; unbiased.

You must make a normative statement to quantify something as better than something else. Brawl has slower fall speeds, but you must make a value judgment to claim that it is better. Brawl has fewer [not none, but fewer] combos that melee, and more airdodge reads are required. Brawl has different, often more specific tech skill (DACUS, Bowser's grab release regrabs, certain other grab releases and CGs, jab cancelling is in both but has fewer options to counter it because CCing is not in vBrawl), and there are positives and negatives. No more L-cancelling removes a tech skill barrier that kept some from playing the game. I will make normative statements of my own and defend Brawl if you continue to use unequivocally incorrect English, but I think I've made my point using positive statements without adding my own opinions.

For what it's worth, I think all 3 smash games are great games for competitive and casual play , and there are more mods than just Project M [but also Project M] that offer a solid foundation for both types of play as well.
Not incorrect. As I've said before, Brawl is bad. I am not basing this on my own opinion or prejudice. It is simply a fact that you have to come to terms with. I will pray for you.

I don't agree that brawl is comeptitvely viable.
This excellent human being understands.

Last edited:

Abaddun

Smash Cadet
Its NEVER to late to play Melee mangggg. Meler is da best game evarr, Smash 4 will only be useful for bus rides or when taking a dump. #melee4evar

Thor

Smash Champion
Warning Received
Not incorrect. As I've said before, Brawl is bad. I am not basing this on my own opinion or prejudice. It is simply a fact that you have to come to terms with. I will pray for you.
No you're just a ****tard. Brawl requires actual mental skill because you can't win because your opponent can't mindlessly mash shield on the way down to cut lag in half while you can, and you can't just juggle for days but actually have to read airdodges. You can't try to dodge and go flying along the ground, you actually have to use momentum you generated on the ground if you want to move quickly, and you can play like 10 people on the cast who are viable instead of like 6. Brawl is a good game and Melee's got a lot of empty moves too. There are no moves in Melee that aren't usable in Brawl but there are moves that are usable in Brawl that aren't usable in Melee, meaning Brawl has a more complete experience because you can use more of most characters' toolkits. You also can't not commit while also applying pressure in Brawl.

The fact that you think you know Brawl is a bad game when it's not, and can't understand what a fact actually is, also proves three things:

1) I'm smarter than you
2) I'm right
3) You're stupid

I'd pray for you but you're beyond saving. I can however wish you good luck - you'll desperately need it.

If you want to refute this, I DARE you to provide something that is objective fact, logically valid and not tautological - if you can't provide something that meets both of these criterion, you forfeit and admit you are wrong.

Last edited:

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
No you're just a ****tard. Brawl requires actual mental skill because you can't win because your opponent can't mindlessly mash shield on the way down to cut lag in half while you can, and you can't just juggle for days but actually have to read airdodges. You can't try to dodge and go flying along the ground, you actually have to use momentum you generated on the ground if you want to move quickly, and you can play like 10 people on the cast who are viable instead of like 6. Brawl is a good game and Melee's got a lot of empty moves too. There are no moves in Melee that aren't usable in Brawl but there are moves that are usable in Brawl that aren't usable in Melee, meaning Brawl has a more complete experience because you can use more of most characters' toolkits. You also can't not commit while also applying pressure in Brawl.

The fact that you think you know Brawl is a bad game when it's not, and can't understand what a fact actually is, also proves three things:

1) I'm smarter than you
2) I'm right
3) You're stupid

I'd pray for you but you're beyond saving. I can however wish you good luck - you'll desperately need it.

If you want to refute this, I DARE you to provide something that is objective fact, logically valid and not tautological - if you can't provide something that meets both of these criterion, you forfeit and admit you are wrong.
brawl is bad game. it promotes defensive play, is slow as heck, nice troll.

Thor

Smash Champion
brawl is bad game. it promotes defensive play, is slow as heck, nice troll.
Brawl promotes defensive play and is slow? Slow is subjective and not necessarily bad and defensive play is not objectively bad.

Still nothing objective being said here. Fully opinionated statements are not objective and therefore still do not prove anything factual.

You have omitted the "I think" statement in front, which would make your statement accurate but not objective.

Does every thread on smashboards really have to melt down to unnecessary Melee vs. Brawl arguments? Just play the game you like and let people play the games they like
Sorry but when ****tards are saying things that are factually incorrect I call them out on it, because there's literally zero reason for people to hate so much.

And for what it's worth, I haven't actually really attacked Melee.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Warning Received

1) I'm smarter than you
2) I'm right
3) You're stupid

Actually the key issue here is that you're a butthurt barwl fanboy. Your intelligence level is so low that you can't comprehend why brool is not good for competitive play. Please, get over yourself.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Melee and Brawl take their own style of skill to be good at. The only reason Melee is perceived better is because its mainstream, and most Melee players looking at Brawl dont exactly know everything thats going on; similar to a non smash player looking at high level Melee. Both Melee and Brawl are competitive in their own aspects. To each its own. Anyone that disagrees with this is only showing their bias toward their respective game.

This thread needs to be locked. @Xeylode

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom