• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tomafia 2: Inactivity Abandoned [ALL ROLES POSTED FOR FUN]

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Hello everyone! Tom has been on an irresponsible (see: no finished wwyp entry) vacation, vegging out and watching the olympics. I have not been able to enforce the inactivity rule because I haven't even been here, and some other players have notified me of being V/LA (Breakwing is on vacation in Canada, etc.). All that being said, the inactivity rule will be back in effect starting Sunday, August 18... which is when Tom is back at college and has a reliable routine schedule.

Also, meow. =)

Also, vote count:
Lombardi: 2 (tmw_redcell, Pythag)
tmw_redcell: 1 (Red Alloy)
Red Alloy: 1 (-Chad-)
-Chad-: 1 (Lombardi)

Also, nobody is dead.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Let me rephrase that, no daykills have happened. -_-

(editus minimus: if a kill happens, i will post a little description about what alignment they were, etc.)

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice
I know little of how games function here, but I do know that that was probably not a good idea.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
Argh. That's because I'm a god **** bulletproof.

But you're making it a hell of a lot easier for me to die.

This isn't over.

This game STARTED on night 1, a clear indication that DAY 1 IS GENERALLY USELESS. It is myself, Tom, and several other players' belief that Day 1s are generally full of overeager "reads" and that the only solid thing that can be established is a voting record, which to be honest isn't all that solid considering over half the voters have to be town aligned.

If cops or any other investigative roles have reports, they should post them. Maybe not post them, but more people should be active. There has to be a doctor in this game if there is a vigilante and yes if there was one in a 7 man game. But the doctor can protect the cop. Not this madman vigilante who insists on shooting someone who won a game not a month ago and consistently offers input. -_-

I really don't like being targeted for my playstyle.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Ok, that makes sense now. I wasnt sure if he want actually a vig or not since Tom posted that, but you being a bullet proof clears it up.

I also hope the vig didnt have limited shots that you just wasted.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
This isn't over.
You're right, it isn't over, because I have no killing powers. That whole Daykill was a giant joke I always wanted to pull on the town, I was actually surprised that people thought I was being honest. That's why Tom just said that there was no daykill. I'd be happy to "daykill" other players to prove it.
This game STARTED on night 1, a clear indication that DAY 1 IS GENERALLY USELESS. It is myself, Tom, and several other players' belief that Day 1s are generally full of overeager "reads" and that the only solid thing that can be established is a voting record, which to be honest isn't all that solid considering over half the voters have to be town aligned.
Yah, now that you know I was lying about everything, there's no good in this.
If cops or any other investigative roles have reports, they should post them. Maybe not post them, but more people should be active. There has to be a doctor in this game if there is a vigilante and yes if there was one in a 7 man game.
I'd rather the cop try to make a case against someone without revealing their role, only showing everyone if there's no other choice. Why run the risk of people knowing that valuable night role when you can get away with it, then reveal at an important time in the game? Enough to help your side win.
But the doctor can protect the cop. Not this madman vigilante who insists on shooting someone who won a game not a month ago and consistently offers input. -_-
I'd argue that surviving to the endgame doesn't really mean "winning" a game, when it's a team game, and because of other reasons, but it has nothing to do with this game, so I won't touch it.
I only chose you because so I would be able to use the "well he never does anything on Day 1 anyway" excuse, to make it more believable.

Sadly, it worked :(

Handorin

Smash Hero
Im proclaim for cops. If they caught a mafia, it will make it a whole lot easier to come to a decision and not waste days and pages trying to lynch them. If you got an inno, I say that is more you decision. This makes it a lot easier for a protective role to be placed on the cop. What if the doc doesnt pic up the hints and doesnt protect the cop? Welll the cop will probably die.

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice
Im proclaim for cops. If they caught a mafia, it will make it a whole lot easier to come to a decision and not waste days and pages trying to lynch them. If you got an inno, I say that is more you decision. This makes it a lot easier for a protective role to be placed on the cop. What if the doc doesnt pic up the hints and doesnt protect the cop? Welll the cop will probably die.
Same, but ONLY if you found a scum. It's not much help otherwise.

Marshigo: I'm inclined to lynch you just for that whole daykill bit. A general rule of thumb is that townspeople shouldn't lie. Ever. There's no reason for it, even if it did get the ball rolling. Once I played a game where someone claimed plain old townie. I cast the final vote because I thought the odds were better for town with her lynch (Actually, I was scum, but that's beside the point). When the death scene came up, it showed her as the doc. Naturally, I and everyone else were surprised at this. My only reservation is that I'm kind of suspicious of Mccloud.

McCloud: Claiming bulletproof townie is believable. It's also a believable fake claim for a mafia godfather. I would suggest the cop (if we even have one) investigate you tonight, but godfathers usually have cop protection, too. Actually, it could even have been planned out. Now I kinda want to lynch the both of you.

I'll vote for either of these two today, since I'm pretty certain one or the other is scum, if not both. For now, I'll Unvote and wait.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer

McCloud, do you understand how this game works?
generally all we have to go on is play style. If your play style is suspicious or unhelpful, of course you're going to be targeted for it.
You're lurking, simple as that, and when people get upset that you do, you whine and complain that
"Day 1's are useless!!!"
Right, ok, everyone leave McCloud alone until day 3 or 4.
Unvote Lombardi
This whole convo reminded me how much your "play style" pissed me off.
You lurk and when targeted, you try to shift the blame on other people

but more people should be active.
Are you kidding me???
I'm absolutely dying to vote for you, but at the same time I'm really creeped out that Marsh just lied to the entire town. really unfounded.
Just to screw with the entire town eh? You have to understand how flimsy that argument is

McCloud

There's a difference between lurking and stating that Day 1s starts are generally useless.

And for all my clamor, it seems that someone noticed. After all, we didn't start on a Day 1. So I must have some form of merit, or Tom's just humoring me cause he's a good friend of mine. Or both. Regardless, This game didn't start on Day 1, which is significant, I feel.

I won't say I'm entirely against Day 1, but I prefer night starts.

At any rate, yes, the bulletproof claim can be suspicious, but fortunately that's what I am. Unfortunately, I thought I got shot.

I don't believe Marsh has some huge scum plan because there's way better ways to find power roles, but ****ed if that vig claim didn't backfire...

Whoever's cop can investigate me tonight if they are so inclined.

Pythag, please don't question my intelligence and/or knowledge of the game. I know how **** works, and I've played hundreds of mafia games by this point in time. The setup is slightly different, but experience is experience nonetheless. I'm fairly confident in what works and what is problematic for the town. Thank you and good day.

(I'm aware I'm coming off as an a**hole. But it's what happens when I get put on the defensive.)

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Well, great job outing the bulletproof. I'll post more later. -_-
Don't blame me for your gullibility. What good was there in revealing that you were bulletproof? You believed my daykill, and even went so far as to come up with an excuse as to why you "survived" it. Not my fault that you defended yourself when no one was even questioning you.
This makes it a lot easier for a protective role to be placed on the cop. What if the doc doesnt pic up the hints and doesnt protect the cop? Welll the cop will probably die.
Yes, cops always run the risk of being nightkilled, but it's worth it. What if the doc dies? More likely, what if the cop doesn't find any mafia? What if the cop investigates a bunch of people who die during the night?

When cops reveal, the town "huddles" around them way too often, and just expect everything to go fine until the doc dies, or the cop has disappointing results. However, it seems that people often forget about everything that could go wrong. A pro-town roleblocker may not believe the cop claim and target the "cop" at night, and a mafia roleblocker definitely would.

Besides, I think the cops are relied on way too much in these small games. Every townie is capable of finding mafia by themselves. Not to say that they shouldn't be used, but not all hope is lost if they die or are useless.
Marshigo: I'm inclined to lynch you just for that whole daykill bit. A general rule of thumb is that townspeople shouldn't lie. Ever. There's no reason for it, even if it did get the ball rolling.
I'm aware of the lynch all liars mentality, and I think it's silly. Does anyone actually believe that I would get away with that? It'd be impossible, so I see no problem. It has helped activity, something this game needed, and still does from players that haven't posted too much. Yeah, I probably could've come up with a "safer" way of doing it, but this still worked, and was fun.
Once I played a game where someone claimed plain old townie. I cast the final vote because I thought the odds were better for town with her lynch (Actually, I was scum, but that's beside the point). When the death scene came up, it showed her as the doc. Naturally, I and everyone else were surprised at this. My only reservation is that I'm kind of suspicious of Mccloud.
I know where you're coming from, but you're writing me off too quick. I don't plan on using fake day actions to generate discussion, since it won't work after the first time.
Just to screw with the entire town eh? You have to understand how flimsy that argument is
Pythag, why else would I do it?
There's a difference between lurking and stating that Day 1s starts are generally useless.
So either you don't post because "Day 1s are useless", or you post saying that? Neither are helpful. Someone being active isn't a reason to keep them around, if that's what you're getting at.
And for all my clamor, it seems that someone noticed. After all, we didn't start on a Day 1. So I must have some form of merit, or Tom's just humoring me cause he's a good friend of mine. Or both. Regardless, This game didn't start on Day 1, which is significant, I feel.
What? A moderator starting a game on Day 1 proves that you're right about Day 1s being useless? It doesn't matter how many games are started on Day 1 or Night 1, neither prove the other side wrong. The whole argument is boring though, whether you like it or not, there's going to be a Day 1, so you might as well help.
Whoever's cop can investigate me tonight if they are so inclined.
Did you read Red Alloy's post? Mafia godfathers often appear innocent during cop investigations. It wouldn't do any good.

So not only does McCloud do anything until mid/late game so no one can touch him, he claims to be a bodyguard so no one gets at him during night. Depending on what other people have to say about this, I might vote him to find out if he's lying or not.

Anyway, everyone saying that the lynch is going to come down to me or McCloud is crap. There are a good number people that haven't posted about this, which they should so we can get on with this.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I think the purpose of starting N1 was to help promote the activity from reports that people get from a night start. Dry 1s are always dry, even in speed mafia games (Like Epic Mafia). They usually end up in a NL or a RL is there is cult or independents.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
don't question my intelligence and/or knowledge of the game.
It's not a question. I know you're being a freaking idiot.
Let me summarize your "strategy"

1. Do nothing
2. if someone is suspicious of that, state that Day 1's are useless
2b. Add to the uselessness by continually backing up that statement
3. When Day 1 ends, and nothing has been accomplished, pat self on back
3b. remind everyone of the correctness of original assumption

Clearly McCloud, you are coming off as someone who knows their mafia games.
You are absolutely infuriating.
You whine about day 1's. So you join a game where IT STARTS ON A NIGHT.
We should have more to talk about no?
You even agree with this!
This game didn't start on Day 1, which is significant, I feel.
So you have now talked yourself into a corner by saying the following things
1: Day 1's are useless so I don't post (I'll say again NOT POSTING DOESN'T HELP THIS IN THE LEAST)
2: Since a mod FINALLY made a game start on the night we have more to talk about
3: I'm STILL going to complain about the lack of information that everyone is going off of, and when someone calls me out on this utterly ******** strategy/play style I'm going to default to one of my usual responses.
Vote McCloud
You are impossible

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
don't question my intelligence and/or knowledge of the game.
It's not a question. I know you're being a freaking idiot.
Let me summarize your "strategy"

1. Do nothing

Clearly McCloud, you are coming off as someone who knows their mafia games.
You are absolutely infuriating.
You whine about day 1's. So you join a game where IT STARTS ON A NIGHT.
We should have more to talk about no?
You even agree with this!
This game didn't start on Day 1, which is significant, I feel.
So you have now talked yourself into a corner by saying the following things
1: Day 1's are useless so I don't post (I'll say again NOT POSTING DOESN'T HELP THIS IN THE LEAST)
2: Since a mod FINALLY made a game start on the night we have more to talk about
3: I'm STILL going to complain about the lack of information that everyone is going off of, and when someone calls me out on this utterly ******** strategy/play style I'm going to default to one of my usual responses.
Vote McCloud
You are impossible

McCloud

Ad hominem, great job there. That'll help.:ohwell:

Disregarding that, the point of a night one leading to day 1 is so that people have information (investigative reports, knowledge of who got saved during the night if there was no night kill, etc etc)

What the **** am I gonna post? That I have no information and I'm a bulletproof? Oh wait, fan-f*cking-tastic.

The point of the discussion on days following night are to discuss relevant information. No information had been revealed prior to my being targeted for a "daykill." There weren't even enough votes to call a real "bandwagon" claim and start discussion. It was still in the random vote phase. Oh dear god, you targeted me because I didn't cast a random vote. :/

Regardless, the both of you have absolutely no evidence to back up that I consistently "do nothing." I was extremely active in Tomafia 1 and I barely lurked in Human Body mafia, so I don't see where your claims are coming from.

1. Do nothing
1. I don't "do nothing"
2. I state Day 1 is generally useless REGARDLESS of whether or not I'm targeted. The reason sir, is that there is an inherent lack of information to aid in finding scum
2b. You wanted discussion, I offer it. If there was more pertinent information during the game then I'm sure someone would chastise me for defending myself when there's better information to be used in finding the mafia.
3. Pat self on back. At best a lynch on Day 1 ends with a mafia death. More than likely it ends with a town death unless mafia is utterly ******** and comes out.
3b. Good job Mackie *pats self on back*

vote: tmw_redcell

FoS: Pythag, BreakWing, Chad

You wanted activity, there, you got it. Marshigio targeted me and I posted my two cents. Now drop the rest and play. Give some relevant information, or piss off.

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice
Name claims wont tell us anything. He can just say "ya, this one movie he has BP properties because of Z"
But without one, we have to take him at his word, and frankly, his word doesn't hold much weight right now.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's not hard to follow my logic.
Let's go step by step one last time ok?
You argue that discussion is futile on day 1's because of the inherent lack of information.

So your logic leads us to assume that it would be best for absolutely no one to post, seeing as there's nothing to talk about.
That would lead us to day 2. Someone else has died, and now we STILL HAVE NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT.
do you understand that?
See, (I'll help you out here) if no one talks, than nothing whatsoever is learned.
If nothing is learned, than nothing further can be discussed. (this whole, "learning" concept doesn't have to be limited to learning about who the mafiascum are! You can learn about fellow players, and see if their attitude or posts lead for you to think they are town! Learning who town is is almost as important as figuring out mafia!)

I'm not arguing that you're not posting. Clearly, you are., but once again, only because someone's pressuring you or whatever.

Now, you've learned through this day one regardless, that my playstyle 100% clashes with yours. Or maybe my attitude clashes with yours. But look! Information regarding us! This is stuff the entire town could use too!
Now drop the rest and play
arguing with you isn't playing?
are you in this game?
can you just as easily be mafia?
....alright.

BreakWing

Smash Rookie
Okay,
I'm back from vacation and have completed reading everything. This should give you all plenty to talk about.

I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHERF*CKING FAKE KILLS ON THIS MOTHERF*CKING THREAD!

Thats right. I'm Samuel L. Jackson, the vigilante, and it is my own divine justice that I serve each and every night if I so well please. I can choose one person each night and lay my finger upon them. My weapon of choice? The AK-47: when you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherf*cker in the room, accept no substitutions. Now I know what you are saying, "we should have shotguns for this kind of deal." But that leaves out Mr. 9mm. Now he is most likely the shepherd protecting my righteous ***.

I did not have anything to do with the murder of Miss Jessica Alba. Just going to state that now. I had no information, so I chose not to act. Now, with my claim I hope the doctor can protect me and the cop can stay unknown to gather more information. Now, my a$$may be dumb, but I ain't no duma$$.
I am going to nightkill Marshigio, mostly for faking a kill and outing a BP, but also for faking a kill and outing a BP. Now I am not asking Marshigio to claim. I actually want to work with the town. If anyone feels he should live through the night tell me. The same goes if the town feels someone else deserves to be punished.

Look, I hate to be the kinda (blackman) does a (blackman) a favor, then, BAM!, hits a (blackman) up for a favor in return. But I'm afraid I gotta be that kinda (blackman). Town feel free to direct me in my night kills. I can even choose not to kill if you want. But in return I would like to live through this with you.

I'm as serious as a heart attack.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Haha. I love CC action.

I think our best bet in this situation is to NL, doc protect random (I think breakwing personally. That's quite a convincing claim.), and let them shoot each other. If the real vig dies because the doc didnt protect right, then we know who to lynch.

This puts mafia in an sticky situation where they either have to kill the real vig so they dont die, or they kill someone else because they think the real vig is being protected, so we end up with a dead mafia and a dead other. Both gives us plenty of information.

Also, if there is a watcher, I would recomend watching one of those two as well. You can catch the mafia and/or the doc. This will help confirm a couple people later in the game if the watcher survives.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I am going to nightkill Marshigio, mostly for faking a kill and outing a BP, but also for faking a kill and outing a BP.
There's nothing wrong with faking a kill. As for McCloud telling everyone that he's a bulletproof, that was his choice, not mine. He was gullible and claimed when no one was pressuring him, does anybody else find that suspicious as hell? Why does everybody just believe him when he says he's bulletproof, isn't anyone more skeptical after my fake day kill? Even if he is telling the truth, that isn't helping the town in any way, nor does it prove me mafia.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
faking a kill.
Speaking of which, if you're going to nightkill me BreakWing, you should at least tell me how this is scummy. Plenty of people have pointed that out with weak reasoning, some may possibly be mafia. A fake daykill would be a mafioso's nightmare, especially on Day 1. It draws unneeded attention. Not only that, but I did it for activity. Inactives are good for the mafia, as they don't contribute much to the discussion, resulting in the town's confusion.

Nothing I've done has been scummy, if there is, point it out for me.

Plus, you say you want to work with the town, yet not a single person has a vote on me. If that's the case, why go after me?

Handorin

Smash Hero
1) You are mafia and hoped that people would believe you to be a vig or something after a "obvious joke" day kill

2)You are really a vig and when it didnt work, you claim it to be a joke. McCloud really was hit and he claimed to be bp to explain.

3)You arnt really vig and the kill didnt work because it was a joke, but McC still thought it was real until Tom posted, so he claimed bp afterwards.

4)You are mafia and wanted to out someone's role with a joke.

Well, after all that, I think it's likely Marsh is mafia or a vig I dont really want to have around.
Vote: Marshigio

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
1) You are mafia and hoped that people would believe you to be a vig or something after a "obvious joke" day kill
How would people believe that I was vig if the moderator is forced to tell everyone that I can't daykill?
2)You are really a vig and when it didnt work, you claim it to be a joke. McCloud really was hit and he claimed to be bp to explain.
Like I said, I'll gladly "Daykill" again to prove that I'm not. Just ask.
3)You arnt really vig and the kill didnt work because it was a joke, but McC still thought it was real until Tom posted, so he claimed bp afterwards.
The first part was right, though I can't guarantee if McCloud is really BP or not.
4)You are mafia and wanted to out someone's role with a joke.
Honestly, with partners in this game, there would've been plenty of opportunities to carry out plans during the day that would actually work. There is no good reason to claim your role after what I did, so I wouldn't expect anyone to do so.
Vote: Marshigio
I think our best bet in this situation is to NL,
So you lied?

Handorin

Smash Hero
I do believe that until we find some solid information froma cop/tracker possibly/watcher/etc. That doesnt stop me from voting.

Also, all Tom said was that a no kills happened. It could have been because of the BP or the fake. I dont know. Would the little story or w/e still happen because of a bp hit and he lives?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Im proclaim for cops.
I then explained why this wouldn't be effective. He never responded.
I do believe that until we find some solid information froma cop/tracker possibly/watcher/etc. That doesnt stop me from voting.
Good thing I never said you couldn't vote. I just pointed out why your vote for me didn't add up, but you don't even try to disprove what I said. You're either a deluded townie, or a mafioso. Vote: Handorin
Also, all Tom said was that a no kills happened. It could have been because of the BP or the fake. I dont know. Would the little story or w/e still happen because of a bp hit and he lives?
You are trying so hard to make me look suspicious because of that daykill, and you don't even ask me to "daykill" another person to prove that I'm not a vigilante.

Don't forget me earlier post, where he says a no lynch is the best option (a mafia favorite), then proceeds to vote for me a few posts later.

I'm content with my vote.

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice
What is up with all these claims? Seriously, BreakWing, that was totally unnecessary. Either way, something about having 2 killing roles in a game with 11 people doesn't sit well with me, so either the game is going to be 3 days long or you're lying. I'm leaning towards the latter, but I think Mccloud is still more of a concern, so I'll let you off for now, but I've got my eye on you.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I then explained why this wouldn't be effective. He never responded.
It's a risk we have to take. We dont know if there is a god father, we dont know if there is a hooker, we dont know much of anything right now. (Other than you faked a kill and breakwing is claiming Vig/Jackson) If cop gets a guilty, then it's worth it to kill off at least one.

Good thing I never said you couldn't vote. I just pointed out why your vote for me didn't add up, but you don't even try to disprove what I said.
Explaining below.

You're either a deluded townie, or a mafioso. Vote: HandorinYou are trying so hard to make me look suspicious because of that daykill, and you don't even ask me to "daykill" another person to prove that I'm not a vigilante.
Ok, day kill me then. For all I know you could have had a 1 shot limit. I started trying once Breakwing came out.

Don't forget me earlier post, where he says a no lynch is the best option (a mafia favorite), then proceeds to vote for me a few posts later.

I'm content with my vote.
I think our best bet in this situation is to NL, doc protect random (I think breakwing personally. That's quite a convincing claim.), and let them shoot each other. If the real vig dies because the doc didnt protect right, then we know who to lynch.

This puts mafia in an sticky situation where they either have to kill the real vig so they dont die, or they kill someone else because they think the real vig is being protected, so we end up with a dead mafia and a dead other. Both gives us plenty of information.

Also, if there is a watcher, I would recomend watching one of those two as well. You can catch the mafia and/or the doc. This will help confirm a couple people later in the game if the watcher survives.
That was my plan. I still stand by it. But as most people are against NLs, I would rather lynch you (place my vote on you) until I see a general move in the direction of a NL.

Also explain how a NL, aka not lynching and not killing off town members, which is drawing closer to their goal, a mafia favorite?

Also, Im leaving to go to a Smash tournament soon, so I'll post more tommorow if I dont have internet access.

Handorin

Smash Hero
What is up with all these claims? Seriously, BreakWing, that was totally unnecessary. Either way, something about having 2 killing roles in a game with 11 people doesn't sit well with me, so either the game is going to be 3 days long or you're lying. I'm leaning towards the latter, but I think Mccloud is still more of a concern, so I'll let you off for now, but I've got my eye on you.
Nah, it makes sense to have it. Unless it is an overeager (a restriction to always kill at night if you didnt know) vig, then they can just choose to not kill.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
If McCloud was had actually been shot, and actually had been bullet proof, don't you think the mod would have written up some semblance of a story?
like "Mash takes aim at McCloud and fires. McCloud falls down but stands back up. There's a hole in his shirt revealing his bullet proof vest."
That's what leads me to believe that Marsh is honest about not having a day kill.
Breakwing...wtf?
Unvote McCloud

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
It's a risk we have to take. We dont know if there is a god father, we dont know if there is a hooker, we dont know much of anything right now. (Other than you faked a kill and breakwing is claiming Vig/Jackson) If cop gets a guilty, then it's worth it to kill off at least one.
Like I said, he may be able to do the same and more if he waits. Waiting is actually a bigger risk than revealing ASAP, because he risks having all his investigations become useless.
Ok, day kill me then. For all I know you could have had a 1 shot limit.
No, if I had actually tried to kill McCloud, Tom would've written up a quick flavor. It's just common mafia moderator duties.

Daykill: Handorin

Relax people, nothing will happen. This'll just prove that I'm really not the vigilante, if anyone wants me to do it again, just say so. However, let's wait for Tom to mention it in his next post.
I started trying once Breakwing came out.
Look at post #105, it was directly after BreakWing's post. You said no lynch was the best option. I post after you defending myself, then you go after me.
That was my plan. I still stand by it. But as most people are against NLs, I would rather lynch you (place my vote on you) until I see a general move in the direction of a NL.
Why wouldn't you just wait for people to react to your no lynch suggestion before attacking me? If you wanted a no lynch as badly as you seem to, it just makes sense to try and argue for that before going after me.
Also explain how a NL, aka not lynching and not killing off town members, which is drawing closer to their goal, a mafia favorite?
It draws closer to their goal in one aspect, yeah. However, not many people like Day 1s (though I think this one is a lot of fun), and most don't like to repeat it, which is essentially what a Day 1 no-nightkill would result in. The less information the town haves, the easier it is for the mafia to make their move later on in the game.

So no, my vote on you wasn't REVENGE, I honestly find you scummier than anybody else right now.

McCloud

Hrm... looootta stuff happened.

From my perspective, it now seems that Marsh is pro-town, though his techniques are less than enjoyable. Still, I apologize for overreacting. He's right, I shouldn't have come out, but man I was pissed.

However, I'm still not convinced that Handorin is scum. His latest posts have been a little inflammatory but no more than any others'.

The biggest issue we have to deal with right now is Breakwing's vigilante claim. Since he's out, I would sincerely suggest that the doctor look into protecting Breakwing tonight. And honestly I'd rather not have Break shoot Marshigio just yet.

Also, I must reiterate the fact that flavor has absolutely no bearing on the game itself. A lot of you looked too deeply into the flavor for Marvel Mafia and it bit some of you in the ***.

I know Tom personally and in one of our conversations he said, and I quote:

If people trust the flavor and it betrays them then they're stupid for believing it.
The only thing that truly matters in the flavor is whether or not someone was killed and what they were and if their death had any effect on anything else. Everything else is just fluff.

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice
I'm not the vigilante.
You fastposted me. I indicated BreakWing in my post.

Nah, it makes sense to have it. Unless it is an overeager (a restriction to always kill at night if you didnt know) vig, then they can just choose to not kill.
True, but regardless, having this many killing roles in a game with 11 isn't exactly what I'd cal balanced.

If McCloud was had actually been shot, and actually had been bullet proof, don't you think the mod would have written up some semblance of a story?
like "Mash takes aim at McCloud and fires. McCloud falls down but stands back up. There's a hole in his shirt revealing his bullet proof vest."
That's what leads me to believe that Marsh is honest about not having a day kill.
Breakwing...wtf?
Unvote McCloud
I believe Marsh on not having a daykill, but McCloud could still be bulletproof OR a godfather if he does have bulletproof abilities. That, or he's lying and he's a townie/scum without bulletproof powers.

Also, I must reiterate the fact that flavor has absolutely no bearing on the game itself. A lot of you looked too deeply into the flavor for Marvel Mafia and it bit some of you in the ***.

The only thing that truly matters in the flavor is whether or not someone was killed and what they were and if their death had any effect on anything else. Everything else is just fluff.
What they're saying is that if Marsh HAD been a vig, something probably would have been posted by the mod explaining what happened.

On another note, I still think McCloud's lynch is still worth looking into, but there are still some people who have yet to input on the recent events.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote Count [5/10 to lynch]:
Mr. Lombardi: 2 (tmw_redcell, Pythag)
tmw_redcell: 1 (McCloud)
Red Alloy: 1 (-Chad-)
-Chad-: 1 (Mr. Lombardi)
Marshigio: 1 (Handorin)

No daykills have happened. It takes 5 of 10 to lynch. Inactivity rule begins meow.

Top Bottom