• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tomafia 2: Inactivity Abandoned [ALL ROLES POSTED FOR FUN]

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
fixed, thank you very much

Vote Count [5/10 to lynch]:
Mr. Lombardi: 2 (tmw_redcell, Pythag)
tmw_redcell: 1 (McCloud)
Red Alloy: 1 (-Chad-)
-Chad-: 1 (Mr. Lombardi)
Marshigio: 1 (Handorin)

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
You fastposted me. I indicated BreakWing in my post.
I thought you were referring to my "daykill" as the second kill, my bad.
No daykills have happened.
There's the proof, I have no daykill ability, never did.
Vote: Handorin
Left that out in the vote count.

Handorin is the scummiest person, he should be lynched.

I don't think the doctor should protect BreakWing like everybody's telling him to. At least not until he shows up and actually gives real reasons on why he should nightkill me, and inactives post.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Ok, ya I believe you now. You have no day kill.

But I'm no more scummier than you are.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
fixed again, thank you very much again

Mr. Lombardi: 2 (tmw_redcell, Pythag)
Handorin: 1 (Marshigio)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Mr. Lombardi: 1 (tmw_redcell)
Handorin: 1 (Marshigio)

ok im just plain fail on these vote counts today

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I'm with Chad, I find both of them equally suspicious...

Handorin not as much.

BreakWing

Smash Rookie
To give everyone some insight on me. I was actually planning on claiming early on, when I got back from my vacation and read Marsh's post I decided it was time. In a game with 11 players 2 indy killing roles is a lot. I know I am working alone, so I cannot really comment on another vig. And Marsh claims to not be a vig.
Now the reason for me to claim is to put the doctor to work. I think it will really give us an edge against the mafia if we could have someone lead and who is protected while any cops can work anonymously.

I am not going to kill Marshigio tonight. But I am not against lynching him either.
If the town really is torn between two people, this is where I can help. Lynch one and if he comes up town I can night kill the other.
It's really up to ya'll as I haven't decided who to night kill.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
I'm fine with that as the end plan, but I'd rather see something else offered from the other players that isn't "Lynch Marshigio or Mack."

But I'm no more scummier than you are.
This strikes me as odd, Hando. I don't know why, but it does. However, the interaction between you and Breakwing wants to make me believe you're town.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
I'm somewhat suspicious of Breakwing now.

BreakWing, how do you plan to lead the town as a vigilante? I can picture a cop leading the town, since he can investigate. It really wasn't necessary for you to claim vig right now. Marsh had already said that he wasn't the vigilante so you weren't counter-claiming. I can see the value in having a claimed vigilante in a one-or-the-other situation, but that has not arrived yet.

And also claiming vigilante is a much safer claim for a mafia than a cop. I think you may be a mafia or serial killer who desires the powerful position of making a power role claim, having the doctor protect you, and lead the town to lynch others. If you are mafia, you were thinking about claiming cop, but, realizing that you would just get counter-claimed you made a safer claim like vigilante. Then when it turns out you aren't making kills you can just say it's because there's a mafia roleblocker or something.

But it's an even better claim if you're a serial killer. You said you doubt there are two killing roles, even in the face of Marsh saying he doesn't have one. If you're a serial killer then you think there's no vigilante so you can claim it. Then you can just kill whoever the town votes for you to kill while being protected by the doctor.

But really I'm not that suspicious, I'd vote for you if we were on a deadline. Also if I got some chronology messed up which is quite possible then nevermind.

Also, Marsh, you keep saying you're willing to attempt a daykill again to show it won't happen. Why wait at all? Although it is probably meaningless as I don't believe you can daykill now, please daykill me, and do it again first thing tomorrow. If I'm dead do it on someone else. I'd feel really dumb if you just bluffed your way out of the situation by saying you're willing to do something to give evidence to your claim rather than actually doing it. Even though I think there'd be a flavour thingy if you had failed a daykill, I'm not super sure, since it would reveal stuff the mod might not want to reveal.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Marshigio's weird daykill prank seems kinda suspicious to me, whether it was a prank or a mis-communication, it was an odd thing to do.

On the other hand, Mccloud's willingness to jump out and claim bulletproof doesn't strike me as scummy, it just wasn't the brightest thing to do.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I agree with McCloud, I think it's odd that people have tossed the idea of lynching me or him around, when there's plenty of suspicion elsewhere, on both Hando and BreakWing.

tmw, I already "Daykilled" another person
Daykill: Handorin
A few posts later:
No daykills have happened.
Anyways, Daykill: tmw_redcell. Just to extinguish any doubts that anyone else may still have, and I'll gladly do it tomorrow too.

Mr. L, it was a prank. Explain how it was suspicious, when there's no possible way of me getting away with it. I've already explained it was for an activity boost and addressed it at other times, but if you still have doubts, just say them. Considering that it worked, not liking the method isn't a reason to be suspicious of me.

Also, I still don't think the doc should protect BreakWing, for reasons I've already stated and even more now after reading tmw's post. I also hate it when players roleclaim power roles on Day 1 in an attempt to not be touched for the rest of the game. The people that suggested him to be protected by the doc haven't actually given any reason as to why we should believe him when he says he's townie. Both McCloud and Hando just went for it, which bothers me a lot, since I'd expect them to be more skeptical.

Finally, my vote stays on Hando. He's gone after me with weak reasoning and I was also the under a lot of scrutiny at the time, which makes me think that he's mafia going after a townie that everybody's already suspicious of. Then, if he was challenged, it'd be easier for him to get away with it. So yeah, I still say we should lynch him.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
The people that suggested him to be protected by the doc haven't actually given any reason as to why we should believe him when he says he's townie. Both McCloud and Hando just went for it, which bothers me a lot, since I'd expect them to be more skeptical.
Well, good reason rather. BreakWing essentially came in here and was all

BreakWing: "LOL I'M SAM JACKSON MOTHA**** MOTHA**** I HAVE AN AK SO I CAN OBVIOUSLY SAVE YOU ALL OH BTW I AIN'T NO ******* MOTHA****"

McCloud and Handorin: "Wow, we should totally protect this guy :)"

BreakWing

Smash Rookie
I'm somewhat suspicious of Breakwing now.

BreakWing, how do you plan to lead the town as a vigilante? I can picture a cop leading the town, since he can investigate. It really wasn't necessary for you to claim vig right now. Marsh had already said that he wasn't the vigilante so you weren't counter-claiming. I can see the value in having a claimed vigilante in a one-or-the-other situation, but that has not arrived yet.

And also claiming vigilante is a much safer claim for a mafia than a cop. I think you may be a mafia or serial killer who desires the powerful position of making a power role claim, having the doctor protect you, and lead the town to lynch others. If you are mafia, you were thinking about claiming cop, but, realizing that you would just get counter-claimed you made a safer claim like vigilante. Then when it turns out you aren't making kills you can just say it's because there's a mafia roleblocker or something.
Yes, you are right cop is a much better role to lead, but as I have stated earlier I think the cop should keep investigating and stay anonymous. The doctor does not have to protect me, once again I just thought it would be better than me claiming and mafia killing me during the night.

Well, the question I ask to Breakwing is did you shoot someone n1? That should help clear things up.
No, I did not shoot anyone N1. I had no information and did not want to hit any power roles.
I feel more comfortable shooting with information or if the town directs me.

Well, good reason rather. BreakWing essentially came in here and was all

BreakWing: "LOL I'M SAM JACKSON MOTHA**** MOTHA**** I HAVE AN AK SO I CAN OBVIOUSLY SAVE YOU ALL OH BTW I AIN'T NO ******* MOTHA****"

McCloud and Handorin: "Wow, we should totally protect this guy :)"
That's just amazing.

McCloud

LOL.

That's pretty good.

But I figured it might be logical for the real Vig to claim after a false vig claim. I never took the time to question it. But sure, I maintain a healthy amount of suspicion on anyone, including Marshigio still. :p

If he really is vig, then doc should protect him :/

Handorin

Smash Hero
Finally, my vote stays on Hando. He's gone after me with weak reasoning and I was also the under a lot of scrutiny at the time, which makes me think that he's mafia going after a townie that everybody's already suspicious of. Then, if he was challenged, it'd be easier for him to get away with it. So yeah, I still say we should lynch him.
Going after me for going after you with weak reasoning is weak reasoning. But I really only wanted more information and I thought what you said was odd, so I pressed more.

The reason I would rather have the doc protect Break is this:
1. Having a vig against the mafia is dangerous in the end game. If a mafia CCs and gets the real one lynched and/or becomes highly suspicious, the vig can nightkill that person at night. So it would be in the mafia's interest to get rid of them asap.

2. Also, while he isnt completly cleared, he is more clear than any of us. If doc protects him, it wont hurt over protecting a random (which might be wasted on a mafia). So if you protect the vig for reason 1, then it might become a save.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've been thinking much about this (sorry for inactivity because I was moving to college)
Breakwing coming out as a vig seems really..odd.

I was curious as to why we're going to such great lengths to protect him, I don't recall a vig ever being town before, I suppose he could be, but I don't like how he's almost trying to take over the town by simply saying "who do you want me to kill tonight?"
That claim is incredibly easy to dodge. You could go on each night killing whoever, and then saying "I tried to kill ____ but i was blocked!"

You are way to dangerous in this game, in my opinion.
and Marsh is dangerous in my opinion. He makes a severe joke, and then slides out of the way.
the "why else would I do it" argument would be fool proof if you were mafia.

I'm between marsh and breakwing.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Well, the only way would for him to actually kill someone, but mafia can just as easily double kill or NK to cover it up.

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice
List of people I wouldn't mind seeing lynched today:

McCloud: I've said it at least once: Bulletproof can equal Godfather. Another concern is that no matter what, we'll likely get a town result from him because GFs often are immune to investigations, so since bulletproof isn't a very helpful role to the town anyway and we can never really be sure of his alignment, we're better off lynching him.

Marsh: For his shenanigans. I don't think I have to explain that anymore.

BreakWing: For his vig claim. I can understand why he would do it, but at that point Marsh had already said that he wasn't really a vig, so really I don't get what was up with that. Anyway, vig is a safe claim for scum since it's also a killing role, and you can just say that they killed the same guy we told you to kill because they wanted to frame you. I can understand how you feel if you're telling the truth and I'm just being skeptical. Believe me, I've been in those shoes. But unless I've got some concrete evidence, I'm not sold.

Handorin: I don't remember exactly what was said about you, but I do remember that it got me thinking that he may not be so trustworthy. He was also, as Marsh pointed out, was quick to believe Break's claim. I'm least suspicious of him out of these four, but it's still there.

Handorin

Smash Hero
For the record, I'm not 100% sold on Break. He had more solid info on his claim, which makes it believable, but there isnt really a way to make sure at this point. So basically he is not cleared, but more cleared in my eyes than you guys.

McCloud

I'd rather see Chad give a reason for his vote on me.

Also, Red Alloy sounds like a broken record at this point. He's said he wouldn't mind lynching any of the 4 most active players (at least recently) which to me sounds rather like someone who is attempting to fly under the radar. The same goes for Variola and Chad.

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather see Chad give a reason for his vote on me.

Also, Red Alloy sounds like a broken record at this point. He's said he wouldn't mind lynching any of the 4 most active players (at least recently) which to me sounds rather like someone who is attempting to fly under the radar. The same goes for Variola and Chad.

Well I've really got nothing else to say *kzzt*Well I've really got nothing else to say *kzzt*Well I've really got nothing else to say *kzzt*Well I've really got nothing else to say...

Seriously, though, stuff has happened but I still haven't made up my mind yet. Did you ever stop to think that those 4 active people were, oh, I don't know, under suspicion or something?

And I wouldn't call BreakWing one of the 4 most active anyway.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
sorry everyone, but I will be away until friday!
college retreat and what not.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
2. Also, while he isnt completly cleared, he is more clear than any of us.
You haven't explained how he is. All you've said is that he's believable, but the same was said of my "role claim".
and Marsh is dangerous in my opinion. He makes a severe joke, and then slides out of the way.
the "why else would I do it" argument would be fool proof if you were mafia.
Slide out of the way? There isn't a single player that hasn't voiced their suspicion of me. Seriously, I'll link you to the posts if you'd like. I've been a candidate for a night kill, and am still a candidate for lynching. Really, every player voicing their suspicion of me is a clear indicator of my towniness. It just shows that the mafia have, at one point, nudged a vote towards me, expecting to get away with it since other townies are suspicious of me as well.

As for my argument, it'd hold as a townie as well, so I'm not clear on what you meant by it.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Yah, that would be the bodyguard. My point was that we shouldn't risk protecting a serial killer, for obvious reasons.

Besides, BreakWing is just as much a random as anybody else right now.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I just checked mafia scum wiki. BG doesnt die either. So unless Tom put some odd restriction on the protective roles, I doubt any deaths will occur because of that.

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice
Ah, but what deaths can be prevented by not protecting our unconfirmed friend? I personally think we're better off lynching him than using him to kill at night. Let's take a hypothetical situation here:

We tell Break to kill Player A at night. Player A was the cop.

Do you really want an unconfirmed killer running around, doing as we tell him and accidentally putting a bullet through the cop's head? What if he is scum, posing as a vig? What if he gets to the final three, unconfirmed? Here's another scenario:

We lynch Break today. Player A (the cop) finds scum.

Now granted, that situation is a little optimistic (and the previous one pessimistic) , but having a cop at all is better than having an a killer whom we can't confirm.

Vote BreakWing and if he comes up scum, I think Handorin's next.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I just checked mafia scum wiki. BG doesnt die either. So unless Tom put some odd restriction on the protective roles, I doubt any deaths will occur because of that.
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Bodyguard
It's also in the flash tutorial. Most variations use the 2nd one listed.
My point was that we shouldn't risk protecting a serial killer, for obvious reasons.
You still haven't explained why we should trust BreakWing.

My vote stays on Handorin.

BreakWing

Smash Rookie
Ah, but what deaths can be prevented by not protecting our unconfirmed friend? I personally think we're better off lynching him than using him to kill at night. Let's take a hypothetical situation here:

We tell Break to kill Player A at night. Player A was the cop.

Do you really want an unconfirmed killer running around, doing as we tell him and accidentally putting a bullet through the cop's head? What if he is scum, posing as a vig? What if he gets to the final three, unconfirmed? Here's another scenario:

We lynch Break today. Player A (the cop) finds scum.

Now granted, that situation is a little optimistic (and the previous one pessimistic) , but having a cop at all is better than having an a killer whom we can't confirm.

Vote BreakWing and if he comes up scum, I think Handorin's next.
Guys, guys. As I stated in my claim, I can choose not to kill. I did it last night, and since you all think I may be scum, I can do it again. I claimed to give the doctor someone useful to protect and to let the cop remain anonymous. While I am flattered everyone can think of ulterior motives for my actions, they are actually that simple.

One person died last night.

Serial Killers always have to kill. If you really are afraid of me killing then just tell me not to, its as simple as that.

But I do think that by lynching me, the town is losing a valuable tool.

Top Bottom