• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tomafia 1 - Game Over - Town Wins!

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
Marshie I get the argument for the importance of Day 1. :p The argument can still go either or as far as no lynch day 1 or random lynch. Both happen. I do agree that information is good for Day 1.

Eor you had a few tells:

"That line bothered me, because that was the exact logic I used to get away with murdering townies in South parka mafia."

"Lance's move would be terrible if he was mafia, and I never remember Lance being terrible"

"If I'm wrong I guess we loose, but at the moment I don't care"

That's what I based the decision off of, that and Marsh's suspicions of you.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Yeah, I was dead this day.

I forgot to say what my plan was if McCloud did investigate me and came up guilty. Couldn't defeat that, so I was just going to say the following. Took the idea from a wkuk sketch.

"Alright, he's right. I am mafia. Nothing I can do against that, he's the cop. I was partnered with Lance, I'm against the town.

But wouldn't it be crazy if, even after all this, you still let me win? Even if after all of this, you still lynched McCloud? I mean, think of it. It'd be record setting. Everyone would be all "Why did you make that decision?", you'd get so much attention. We'd probably name a move after you like with Camo, the "Redcell ending". You'd be famous.

Just saying. Plus, we are Broomers together. That counts for something, right?"r

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Yes! The lurking-heavy portfolio pays off for the lazy investor!

I really was actively reading the thread the whole time though, so when McCloud was all sayin' "the nights went fast so the power roles are active players" I was like pfft. I really was just too lazy to make posts when people were saying stuff anyway.

Although at the beginning of Day 2 I really did think Lance's claim was hella stronger than McCloud's. I was pretty surprised when I came on and Eor switched sides. So I think the town made a pretty good comeback from a bad position (Day 1 lynch townie, mafia nightkills the player the cop investigated, cop makes weak claim countered by mafia with a more convincing claim) but it was more the mafia' change in strategy than anything we did.

And I do want a move named after me some day, but hopefully not the most terrible move in the game. But yeah, this is the first mafia game I've played that wasn't somehow ruined, so yay.

I really was gonna claim doctor at the end of Day 2 though, hoping that the mafia would target me since it would be the only guaranteed nightkill and McCloud would investigate Eor or Marshigio and insta-win, but the Eor probably would have killed Marsh anyway.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Oh, and we should also note that Spam was plenty wrong even with his invincible gut. Marsh wasn't mafia, and he also said it would be too late to catch a backstab on a mafia member and it totally wasn't.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
What are you talking about he was completely right I was mafia

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
This game was absolutely phenomenal. I happened to notice it was still running when McCloud posted his "This is ridiculous, I'll be back with Q's later" post. I ended up reading the whole game and let me tell you, that was one hell of a ride. I was happy to conclude that Eor was indeed mafia at the end. XP

I gotta give props to Lance though, that was one of the most convincing scum claim arguments I've ever seen. Contextually you had the perfect opportunity to make such a claim and you were so **** close to pulling it off. Major props to you dude. That was a class act.

EDIT: This game REALLY made me want to play here again. When's the next C9 gonna be?

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Yeah I was gonna say, this would be a pretty good sample game to tell newbies to read, since it was pretty good and also only 4 pages. The game I read before my first game was Trigun Mafia, which was like, forty pages and took two nights to read.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Indeed, this is a superb sample game. It's exceptionally short, even for a C9 game! I've seen most C9 games with a hell of a lot more length than this game. It's incredibly rare to get a game this short, and even more rare for such a short game to end with a town victory!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'll run an F11 game if you guys want me to. =) I think you guys have warmed up to F9 and are ready for some Mafia Roleblocker 11-man action.

Tomafia2, a venture into speedmafia, isn't looking so hot right now. I might just have you all join up on www.epicmafia.com/ and I could host it there, and we could play like 10 games in 2 hours and whoever scores the most points total wins.

We should have some sort of Mafia MVP award every game, and the winner gets a lime name.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
That would be pretty cool to have awards like that. I figure the mods would do the awards. They could even get into it and give ones like Best Supporting Townie, Best Outright Lie, Most Ballin'est Mafia, Worst Cop Claim (I still don't think McCloud is the cop, come on, both of the players you investigated were nightkilled?), Best Strategy That Would Have Worked if Not for Those Meddling Kids, Best Kiss, the "I can't believe he got out of that lynch award," I could probably go on forever really. Best Lurker!

And then we could keep a log of the awards and records for each game in a stickied thread. Most mods seem to keep short records in the first post anyway, i.e. who died when, who won, so we might as well have them all together. Plus an archive would be useful since people often refer to past games in current games.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sweet game. I can't wait to be in another one again. Hopefully it won't be like trigun mafia where I die instantly.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Best Outright Lie
Lance has that.
That's cool. This Day'll be over soon and you guys will see that i've been telling the truth from the start. Maybe you'll believe me next time something crazy like this happens in a mafia game. I got fuxed in SPM when nobody believed me when I said Eor was mafia, and the town payed for it. This time it's not just a gut feeling about it, I'm absolutely certain McCloud is mafia. You'll see.
For the archive, if you click on the "mafia" tag at the bottom of the thread, it'll link to some of the games we have already played. However, I couldn't tag all of the mafia games because some were closed, and closed ones can't be tagged for some reason. I may just search for all of them and post a thread about it or post it in the Mafia strategies and explanation thread, or someone else can if they want.

This room should get a mod before we discuss awards and colored names and such, we're getting a little ahead of ourselves.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Lance has that.

For the archive, if you click on the "mafia" tag at the bottom of the thread, it'll link to some of the games we have already played. However, I couldn't tag all of the mafia games because some were closed, and closed ones can't be tagged for some reason. I may just search for all of them and post a thread about it or post it in the Mafia strategies and explanation thread, or someone else can if they want.

This room should get a mod before we discuss awards and colored names and such, we're getting a little ahead of ourselves.
Well, a lot of rooms will be getting new mods soon. Although this is something I could theoretically do myself... too lazy.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
We could have a separate room for mafia games that actually has awards and such.

Also... I'm unlucky with night investigations but it cancels out cause we won! :D
We do have a seperate room for mafia games. Don't make trivialize my last achievement as a mod!

And honestly, I think awards are terrible. I've said it elsewhere, but I think it sucks. We can just talk about it, but actual competitions are dumb. Just enjoy the game, people can give props when they want.

I've mentioned in the pool room that I want to be a mod again and I told the same to Virg and Eric who both said they mentioned it in the staffer shack, I don't really know what else to do about it.

edit: I should clarify, it's unlikely even if you were all moderators and asked KiKi to do it for us to get a name/color, it's something the administrators want to cut back on. Unless they changed their mind in the months or so that I've been gone

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Aw man I didn't get that the winner would get their name in a special colour, I thought that would just be like, an in-thread thing or whatever. But yeah, we're not going to be gettting any more special-coloured-name categories any time soon.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
It means I'm brilliant, for those of you slow on the uptake. :p
it means he always visits the guy who dies, so if he had been a doctor, he would have saved them. but hes a cop so he gets worthless information. LOL

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
No way homie... that information was crucial.

I found out that Handorin was Ben Domino, who was wanted by the international terrorist group only known as Leor. After some research at Langley, I found out that Ben was actually an undercover name for witness protection as the real Ben Domino was safe back in New York.

A trail of breadcrumbs later, I find Lance and Eor standing over Marshigio.

I'm actually a tracker..

Top Bottom