• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tomafia 1 - Game Over - Town Wins!

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
Yes, but the difference here is, we at least gave a reason.

You said yourself the mafia was getting antsy, it seems to me like you just gave yourself away.

Also, let me clarify, I don't want everyone to jump on and kill him like he did spam, we'd be in the same situation tomorrow. Let's hash it out for a bit.
The reason's complete crap for the first day let's be honest, there's no real substance to any of our arguments. It's all a bunch of he said she said and that wasn't getting us anywhere.

I said mafia was getting antsy yes, but only because they offed Hando. So somewhere along the line Hando made himself a threat to the mafia. I don't believe for a second that he was a random kill. Am I antsy? No, I reserved my vote when Marshigio was under attack to let things play out. Who knows, maybe Marshigio was mafia and I should have dropped the hammer then. Point is, someone had to drop the hammer, and it's the easy way out, especially for someone who's mafia, to blame the person who casts that vote.

As for posting garbage, you yourself are not free from blame. If you want to target someone for "lurking", then there's plenty of other people to look at. Look at it this way: actives cast a killing vote on spam, who was a town. The night moved pretty fast compared to the day, which means that either the mafia have been lurking or they are at least 1/4 of the actives.

I'm just making sure you guys don't make the wrong decision, because putting me in the spotlight for helping move us toward catching mafia isn't the right way to go about things.

Honestly, I'm more worried about you or Eor. I feel like Marshigio has defended himself well and carried out decently logical arguments, but I am hesitant to trust you as town because you are so quick to jump on others.

I truly hope that a doctor is in this game because I've dropped more than enough overt hints to reveal my role, and I don't want to do it explicitly for fear of mafia coming in and sabotaging my argument.

As for Eor:

I stand by my statement. It is a logical argument and there is nothing inherently scum about it. Just because you used it previously in a scummy fashion does not mean that I did, good sir.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
McCloud said:
The reason's complete crap for the first day let's be honest, there's no real substance to any of our arguments. It's all a bunch of he said she said and that wasn't getting us anywhere.
And killing someone for no reason instead of trying to lift the deadline helps more?

McCloud said:
I said mafia was getting antsy yes, but only because they offed Hando. So somewhere along the line Hando made himself a threat to the mafia. I don't believe for a second that he was a random kill.
Could you explain why you don’t think it was random?

McCloud said:
Am I antsy? No, I reserved my vote when Marshigio was under attack to let things play out. Who knows, maybe Marshigio was mafia and I should have dropped the hammer then.

Were you going to jump on the bandwagon then too if he had 1 less vote than needed to die?

McCloud said:
Point is, someone had to drop the hammer, and it's the easy way out, especially for someone who's mafia, to blame the person who casts that vote.
You may be right, but it’s also a seemingly easy move for the mafia to cast a killing vote and then use "Day 1 is useless" excuses.

McCloud said:
As for posting garbage, you yourself are not free from blame. If you want to target someone for "lurking", then there's plenty of other people to look at.
Eor just mentioned this kind of logic, and yet you still use it to try and project the blame elsewhere? I got killed in South Park Mafia when Eor did that **** and I’m not gonna take kindly to someone trying to use it again, in a very similar fashion to try and cause just baaaarely enough reasonable doubt to save your neck, and try and win the trust of the town =/

McCloud said:
I'm just making sure you guys don't make the wrong decision, because putting me in the spotlight for helping move us toward catching mafia isn't the right way to go about things.

Honestly, I'm more worried about you or Eor. I feel like Marshigio has defended himself well and carried out decently logical arguments, but I am hesitant to trust you as town because you are so quick to jump on others.

I truly hope that a doctor is in this game because I've dropped more than enough overt hints to reveal my role, and I don't want to do it explicitly for fear of mafia coming in and sabotaging my argument.
Please tell me something other than you just rollcalled as the cop. I can't believe you just made that move. If I had actually read through your post before editing all that crap in Word I wouldve saved myself a lot of trouble because that ridiculous rollcall was the only thing I needed to see. I'm gonna finish this argument in another post to make it easier to look at.

Lance87

Smash Lord
McCloud said:

McCloud said:
Wow. Did you seriously think you could get away with that? That might have worked against anyone else but not me.

I really didn’t want to have to do this but today is absolutely crucial. If we let another townie die today, then the mafia gets a night kill and wins.

I am the cop, and last night I investigated McCloud since he cast the killing vote. I was trying to get him lynched by proving it without rollcalling so I wouldn’t get night killed, but without telling my role, there’s no way that you guys would lynch someone who rollcalled as the cop. That was a very, very bold move by the mafia and I bet they didn’t expect the cop to just come out and rollcall. Well, I did, and you’re ****ed.

It makes absolute sense. Look at this cover up line, too.

McCloud said:
He’s already prepared for me to come out and rollcall and tried to set up an argument beforehand by saying “I don’t want to do it explicitly for fear of the mafia coming in and sabotaging my argument.”

No, you were worried that I would actually come out and say it.

The fact that you were protecting Marshigio a little bit in your argument makes me think that he might be mafia also, but that’s speculative.

One thing I am sure of, is that you, sir, are mafia.

We can stll win. Assuming there are 2 mafia, because if there were 3, they would have won by now by just bandwagoning 1 person to death since they would be the majority.

Once McCloud is dead, there’s only 1 left.

Out of the 3 others besides myself left alive, I have a 33% chance to investigate a Mafioso, or at least tell you who I investigated and is for sure town.

If I’m protected tonight, the mafia kills one more townie, and unless they kill the same person I investigate then it’s a slam dunk. OR, just to be tricky, the doctor could protect someone besides me, to have a chance of saving the person going to be night killed, keep that in mind whoever’s left =P You can’t win, son.

The mafia just got mafiOwned.

McCloud

LOL.

Claiming to be the cop eh.. fancy that. I actually investigated Handorin night 1. Shame he was a townie, I should have targeted more active members, such as Lance87, whose posts were oh so cleverly guised as town. In my posts I have repeated the urgency of having "information" numerous times in order to guide others toward protecting me.

I have no more to say in this regard. It is clear this man is posing as my own role and he is Mafia. I cast my vote as such.

Vote: Lance87

I am well aware of the situation at hand: Should I fall, then the mafia automatically wins with the death of the cop and the murder of another town member. However, if it is clear that the town has it out to kill their own cop, then all I will offer is a quote from Arthur Miller's The Crucible: "More weight."

Last words spoken by Giles Corey, farmer and accused witch during the Salem Witchhunt, crushed to death with the weight of stones.

I ask you all to consider the posts of Lance87 carefully. His overeagerness to claim the role of cop and accuse that same cop is, at least to me, a very clear indication of his scumminess.

McCloud

That was a very, very bold move by the mafia and I bet they didn’t expect the cop to just come out and rollcall. Well, I did, and you’re ****ed.
To go a bit further, you actually did exactly what I expected mafia to do: come out and rollcall cop. My initial thoughts about your play were sketch at best, especially with that "let's recap for the town guys" schtick, but I let it go while pursuing other possible scum leads, but since you've so kindly revealed yourself as scum, it makes my job a lot easier.

Just to make a point...

unvote: Lance87

vote: Lance87

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
But this wasn't explicit? This is hard to swallow.

I wouldn't have wanted to lynch you just for hammering Spam Master, although it was pretty clear that we just wanted to get him talking.

And no, Day 1 doesn't much of a difference. A no lynch would have been even more disastrous for us as absolutely NO information would be gathered, rather than information that ended up being useless anyway with Handorin's death. With him being a townie and being offed after accusing Spam, the mafia have clearly gotten antsy. Which means that Hando was not far off in his accusations.
Could you explain this paragraph? I figure, the "information that ended up being useless anyway with Handorin's death" was your alleged investigation of him. But what do you mean Hando was not far off in his accusations? We know Spam was town, and Hando made two real posts, one giving his suspicion on Spam and the other his vote on him.

McCloud

TMW, as stated in my last post, I already knew the gravity of the situation at hand, and I knew that any sort of call made would result in a mafia member eventually coming in to claim the role of cop. I must admit, Lance being the one to take the bait was surprising, even for me. I knew that both mafia were active because of the little transition time between night 1 and day 2.

As far as Handorin goes, I was only trying to continue to give investigative hints. I still think that Handorin being targeted was somehow related to his targeting Spam. Perhaps it is some convoluted ploy the mafia have thought up, or perhaps I have just thought too far into his death. Regardless, I think it is relevant that the accuser died after the accused. Perhaps Spam then, was not too far off in his accusations.

Lance87

Smash Lord
@everyone-

Sorry for taking so long to respond, I already have a response post typed up in Word but when I went back to post it the boards were down for maintenance and now i'm not at home. So yea, i'll be posting what i have saved at home either really late tonight or sometime tomorrow before I go to work.

Lance87

Smash Lord
LOL.

Claiming to be the cop eh.. fancy that. I actually investigated Handorin night 1. Shame he was a townie, I should have targeted more active members, such as Lance87, whose posts were oh so cleverly guised as town. In my posts I have repeated the urgency of having "information" numerous times in order to guide others toward protecting me.
It's pretty convenient that you "investigated" someone who's already dead and revealed to be town. The way you responded, I can't figure out what your original intentions were by claiming to be the cop... whether it was some sort of effort to keep votes off of you, or if you wanted me to come out.

mccloud said:
I am well aware of the situation at hand: Should I fall, then the mafia automatically wins with the death of the cop and the murder of another town member. However, if it is clear that the town has it out to kill their own cop, then all I will offer is a quote from Arthur Miller's The Crucible: "More weight."
Last words spoken by Giles Corey, farmer and accused witch during the Salem Witchhunt, crushed to death with the weight of stones.
How does "the town have it out to kill their own cop?" It's only me and you going back and forth, and you aren't pressed down with pressure votes. You're being melodramatic to try and strike a chord with the town. (edit: at the time I wrote this it was only me and mccloud)

mackloud said:
I ask you all to consider the posts of Lance87 carefully. His overeagerness to claim the role of cop and accuse that same cop is, at least to me, a very clear indication of his scumminess.
Please do. After thinking about it, I probably should've thought it through more before busting you out. Now i'm out in the open, and if people do end up believing you over me, which I find highly unlikely, the mafia wins exactly the way you stated with another night kill.

If anything, I’m the one that’s been patient and tried to get people active. You did exactly the opposite by being completely useless Day 1 and using the fact that it was Day 1 as a tired *** excuse.

You’re the one who got overeager and jumped on and killed someone without even attempting to make it look like you thought it through, maybe because you had this planned the whole time… I dunno. In reality, you probably just got impatient when you saw an opportunity to finally kill a townie and took it.

~

There was a total of 1 vote on you.

It makes absolutely no sense at all for any cop in any mafia game to come out and say “omg stop I’m the cop, please doctor protect me” other than you wanted to know who the real cop was because it’s getting down to the wire in such a small game. At least to my knowledge, nobody’s done something as stupid as claiming to be the cop with 1 ****ing vote on them.

McCloud

What’s wrong with doing a recap? I’ve been in a couple mafia games where it’s happened. I was trying to get people active this whole time because a time or two in this game, I’ve posted and then come back 2 days later thinking I was going to have to catch up and there were little to no posts. There’s absolutely nothing scummy about wanting to do a recap.
Precisely why it was scummy. There were no new posts and you knew it. I can understand your desire to get people active, but you could have said something other than "hey guyz let's recap plz for benefit of all im town trust me."

It's pretty convenient that you "investigated" someone who's already dead and revealed to be town. The way you responded, I can't figure out what your original intentions were by claiming to be the cop... whether it was some sort of effort to keep votes off of you, or if you wanted me to come out.
As stated before, it was unfortunate that Handorin died because it means that my information is worthless. However, my not claiming cop but allowing someone to take said bait and call cop was a nice turnaround. Now all that's left is for the town to see that you are mafia.

How does "the town have it out to kill their own cop?" It's only me and you going back and forth, and you aren't pressed down with pressure votes. You're being melodramatic to try and strike a chord with the town. (edit: at the time I wrote this it was only me and mccloud)
I'm making sure that the town recognizes the gravity of the situation at hand. It is very clear, at least to me, that you are scum. I understand the difficulty with which the town has in deciding who is truly innocent and who isn't and thus I offered the reminder and some history.

Please do. After thinking about it, I probably should've thought it through more before busting you out. Now i'm out in the open, and if people do end up believing you over me, which I find highly unlikely, the mafia wins exactly the way you stated with another night kill.
Actually, if people believe me, they get a good mafia kill out of it and the chance for me to resume my duties and investigate another person. And yes, you probably should have thought about it more before claiming you were the cop. Especially when you knew that I was from my posts.

There was a total of 1 vote on you.

It makes absolutely no sense at all for any cop in any mafia game to come out and say “omg stop I’m the cop, please doctor protect me” other than you wanted to know who the real cop was because it’s getting down to the wire in such a small game. At least to my knowledge, nobody’s done something as stupid as claiming to be the cop with 1 ****ing vote on them.
At this point, I probably should have already come out and overtly claimed it rather than continuing to beat around the bush. That's an error in my calculations, but as I said, it did provide a good opportunity to out at least one member of the mafia (you) because you conveniently claimed my role.

I actually thought it through quite carefully before making the post that gave away my identity as a cop. I understood the necessary actions (i.e. reveal at least partially my role as a cop, seeing as how another innocent death plus night kill equals mafia victory)

I'm sorry to say sir, but you are an imposter.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Precisely why it was scummy. There were no new posts and you knew it. I can understand your desire to get people active, but you could have said something other than "hey guyz let's recap plz for benefit of all im town trust me."
The point of that post wasn't "i'm town plz trust me," it was "recap so we have anything to talk about, for the sake of the game.

As stated before, it was unfortunate that Handorin died because it means that my information is worthless. However, my not claiming cop but allowing someone to take said bait and call cop was a nice turnaround. Now all that's left is for the town to see that you are mafia.
Not claiming cop and have someone take said bait? You did claim cop. You hoped that there was still a doctor, which you knew there was because Tom said that the 2 that died were vanilla townies, so what the hell else were you claiming to be? You are mafia, and this was a little scheme to get me to come out in the open, thus taking your bait.

I'm making sure that the town recognizes the gravity of the situation at hand. It is very clear, at least to me, that you are scum. I understand the difficulty with which the town has in deciding who is truly innocent and who isn't and thus I offered the reminder and some history.
Of course it's very clear to you that i'm scummy, you're trying to get the real cop lynched, fool.

I think the town knows the gravity of the situation. You were, as I said, being melodramatic and trying to strike a chord to get them to take your side. Obvious cat is obvious.

Actually, if people believe me, they get a good mafia kill out of it and the chance for me to resume my duties and investigate another person. And yes, you probably should have thought about it more before claiming you were the cop. Especially when you knew that I was from my posts.

At this point, I probably should have already come out and overtly claimed it rather than continuing to beat around the bush. That's an error in my calculations, but as I said, it did provide a good opportunity to out at least one member of the mafia (you) because you conveniently claimed my role.
The fact that you were "beating around the bush" is where you went wrong, because there is no "beating around the bush" about claiming to be a with 1 vote on you. It's very obvious that you just wanted to know who the real cop was because in any case, that was not a move that could benefit the town. If you were a townie that would've given away your role as cop. It was a move that could only benefit the mafia.

All you've done is harm to the town, trying to disguise your actions as "being good for the town."

First by killing off Spam and being all "zomg day 1 sucks" and "someone had to do it, look at everyone else who voted too!!! I wasn't the only one." Maybe you weren't the only one, but you were the only one that mattered.

Second by rollcalling cop in the way that you did. As I said before, it was a move that can only benefit the mafia.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Do the boards look funny to anyone else? I hope this isn't permanent, it's weird to look at =/
Your postbit was moved from the left to the top right, and you can change it back in User CP --> User Options or something.

continue, continue

McCloud

this was a little scheme to get me to come out in the open, thus taking your bait.
It was a move that could only benefit the mafia.
O RLY owl is O RLY. Regardless of whether or not I explicitly stated I was cop (which was what I should have done in the first place), the night before we lose (if town messes up and lynches the wrong person, i.e. me) coming out is a very smart move. Please, quit the charades.

First by killing off Spam and being all "zomg day 1 sucks" and "someone had to do it, look at everyone else who voted too!!! I wasn't the only one." Maybe you weren't the only one, but you were the only one that mattered.
Sorry mate, holding that over my head isn't going to work. Yeah I dropped the hammer, but someone would have done it eventually or Night 1/Day 2 never would have happened. The fact that he was town was unfortunate.

The fact that you were "beating around the bush" is where you went wrong, because there is no "beating around the bush" about claiming to be a with 1 vote on you.
You act like that one vote on me was important in me coming out. I had to come out at this point in time regardless of whether or not I had any votes on me, seeing as this is the last day/night scenario if the town chooses incorrectly and leads into night (especially if there is no vigilante in the game). It means, as previously stated, that mafia wins, and I cannot allow that to happen. The only error in my calculations, as stated before, was my choice of diction. In laymen's terms, the fact that I didn't write out the words "I'm the cop" in my first cop-related post. An unfortunate oversight.

for the sake of the game.
For the sake of your scummates, maybe.

Lance87

Smash Lord
I'm tired of ripping posts apart D=

If the votes didnt matter on you coming out as cop, why would you do it? How could that help the town.

It can't.

So you're pretty much saying that you didnt do it because of the votes, you did it just because. That makes no sense, you didnt have enough reason to believe that the town was going to lynch you, you just realized that you messed up with the spam situation and were probably going to end up dying anyways, so why not bring the cop down too?

You're making it too easy. Whatever you were trying to do with it, it was an obvious mafia play that will hopefully fail.

I think we're the only ones in the thread dude >.> <.< >.> yea, only us here...

Handorin

Smash Hero
Im in your thread, laughing my butt off.

Im back from FL now. Luckily I was saved the trouble of catching up when I died and that I never worried about it because I talked to Tom on Wednesday.

McCloud

&quot;So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
If the votes didnt matter on you coming out as cop, why would you do it? How could that help the town.

It can't.
It can't hurt the town. Coming out during a crucial day lynch (i.e. the last chance to get a mafia before they win) is actually quite helpful to the town, as it lets them know two things. The first, is that I am a cop, and the second is that you are mafia. Unless you happen to be an absurdly stupid townie who claimed cop when you weren't.

So you're pretty much saying that you didnt do it because of the votes, you did it just because. That makes no sense, you didnt have enough reason to believe that the town was going to lynch you, you just realized that you messed up with the spam situation and were probably going to end up dying anyways, so why not bring the cop down too?
Uh, what?

Originally posted by McCloud I had to come out at this point in time regardless of whether or not I had any votes on me, seeing as this is the last day/night scenario if the town chooses incorrectly and leads into night (especially if there is no vigilante in the game). It means, as previously stated, that mafia wins, and I cannot allow that to happen. The only error in my calculations, as stated before, was my choice of diction. In laymen's terms, the fact that I didn't write out the words "I'm the cop" in my first cop-related post. An unfortunate oversight.
Whatever you were trying to do with it, it was an obvious mafia play that will hopefully fail.
Describing your own downfall, perhaps?

meow

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
I'm not really convinced on either side. But I think it may be possible that you are in fact both cops, or both mafia.

McCloud

I thought Lance did a good job of proving himself scummy, as well.

I highly doubt there'd be two cops in this game. If there were then this argument would be so completely pointless.

I stand by my role. But we need more people to post, because outside of this situation we still have no idea who is town and who is mafia.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Um, yea. I think me and McCloud are tired of going back and forth saying "NO U" over and over. With only us 2 playing the game, we can't move forward.

To sum up my main points for everyone:

Night 1:

I investigated McCloud because of the way he put the last vote on Spam, and was right that he was mafia, not that I was surprised.

Day 2:

~I tried to get him lynched without having to give myself away as the cop.

~He claimed that he was the cop and forced me to reveal myself.

~If I continued to try and get him lynched knowing he was lying but without revealing my role as the cop, it would've looked like I was mafia trying to get the cop lynched, and you guys would've ended up believing his "Day 1 is stupid" excuse for killing Spam.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
per request, a vote count.

McCloud (1): Lance87
Lance87 (1): McCloud

3/5 to lynch.

McCloud

Recap:

I investigated Handorin. Was dumb luck that he died.

Lance put it out for me and others felt like my hammer vote was scummy, so I defended myself and roleclaimed. Lance eagerly counterclaimed.

Lance87: I was mafia trying to get the cop lynched, and you guys would've ended up believing his "Day 1 is stupid" excuse for killing Spam.

Lance87

Smash Lord
I didn't do it eagerly, if I had waited or not done it at all, I would've looked like mafia for pushing too hard to get you lynched after you made that fake claim, because at the beginning of the day I was the only one who knew you were lying. I didn't want to rollcall, I was practically forced given the circumstances.

You took that quote completely out of context.... I can't say I didn't lawl though, I'm gonna go back and find a quote of yours to do that with >.<

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Lance came out with a vendetta against McCloud and immediately counter-claimed to McCloud's role. Micky said earlier that he didn't want the mafia to "sabotage his claims, but I see that as a crap excuse for him realizing he might be counter claimed. McCloud claims to be the cop, but he has no evidence to support it at all, he investigated Handorin, which is the only person he could claim to have investigated so he'd have no information.

Besides that, if Lance is mafia then what he just did would probably be the dumbest thing I've ever seen. If there are 2 mafia, then that means that tonight there will be two townies, and assuming McCloud is the cop then one of those 2 will be the doctor. That means that there is just about a 50% chance that their night kill will fail (unless the doc protects one of them, but as we'd know Lance was mafia I don't find that likely). Which means that if we're around tomorrow we can just mop up Lance, and with so few people in the game it's not hard to find connections.

Summary: Lance has evidence to support his claim of Cop, McCloud doesn't. Lance's move would be terrible if he was mafia, and I never remember Lance being terrible. McCloud did an immediate kill on Spam_Master, making sure he never posted. When Lance voted, he specifically said he wanted more info from Spam. If it's a case between the two, I don't really see how someone could think McCloud is more town then Lance.

Vote: McCloud

McCloud

Besides that, if Lance is mafia then what he just did would probably be the dumbest thing I've ever seen
Ugh. Finally.

Lance has evidence to support his claim of Cop, McCloud doesn't.
Because he "investigated" me? C'mon now. As convenient as that is, is it not possible for Handorin to die after I investigated him off of pure cosmic irony?

McCloud did an immediate kill on Spam_Master, making sure he never posted. When Lance voted, he specifically said he wanted more info from Spam.
I understand that situation is iffy, but as I said before, I wanted to move on. The problem with the hammer vote is indeed the fact that I didn't wait for Spam to respond. Should I have? In retrospect, a definite yes, seeing as I wouldn't be in the current situation of proving my innocence.

But hey, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

I'm sorry but I stand by my story. There's nothing left for me to say. If you think it's scummy then X_X

See you all in Marvel lawlsies.

McCloud

By the way if I get speedvoted, I cast a finger of suspicion toward Marshigio.

Don't forget that he put "probably not" next to it, trying to sway us to believe otherwise. Also, I think Eor meant a vigilante instead of a serial killer, since he was naming town roles at that part, which is still a killing role.

I'm sure of it.

We have him now.
I should've let your house burn down.
Dun dun dun.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
No, I'm not about to hammer McCloud or vote Lance.

i.am?mAfia?
In retrospect, a definite yes, seeing as I wouldn't be in the current situation of proving my innocence.
But hey, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
It's a sign.

Really though, does anybody else think that Lance and Eor may have set this whole thing up? I mean, have Lance confront McCloud the way he has and then bandwagon him to death, but not hammer him to avoid raised eyebrows? It would also be smarter for the mafia to only have one of them vote for Spam's death, that way the other wouldn't look bad after Spam came up innocent. As for both of them voting McCloud at this point, they don't need to worry about looking bad because this would seal the deal for them.

Besides that, if Lance is mafia then what he just did would probably be the dumbest thing I've ever seen.
Avoiding suspicion, crappier things have been done in the past.

If there are 2 mafia, then that means that tonight there will be two townies, and assuming McCloud is the cop then one of those 2 will be the doctor.
There are 4 different variations normally used in 7-man games (C9, variations shown in the tutorial), so I don't know why you're so confident on this. It's just as likely that there isn't a doctor, even if McCloud is the cop. The situation you described would be perfect for protecting Lance. For all we know, Tom may have tried something different with this game.

Summary: Lance has evidence to support his claim of Cop, McCloud doesn't.
Counterclaiming cop is easy to do in the situation he was in, so I'm not sold on him being cop over McCloud.

It's a bit of a stretch, but it seems like a good idea for the mafia. One would avoid suspicion, so even if the other was killed the first one could continue.

Really, I'm torn. I wish Lance had not put the town in a situation where they're forced to choose between two people...not like this anyway. Neither of them are convincing, not that they even could be convincing, what with only one day having passed.

Lance87

Smash Lord
@Marshigio- Seriously, this isn't some big scheme on my part. I know that mafia games revolve around looking deeper into situation, but I honestly think that you're stretching a little.

McCloud bandwagon killed spam and that's why I investigated him, I would not have put the town in this situation if I wasn't forced to =( If I let him go on faking cop and came out later, there's no way the rest of the townies would have believed me.

Eor's right though, if I was mafia, this move would have been stupid. Why would a mafia come out and counter claim the real cop when they can just skim by during the day and use that info for the night kill...

You're thinking exactly the way McCloud wants you to... I don't see how I could've done anything different. I'm giving you all the info on a silver platter, and all he's saying is "nu-un, i'm the real cop."

The fact that he actually thought he wasn't "fully" claiming cop says something else also. He figured if the real cop came out he might be able to sort of retract his claim if he had to. He was obviously fishing for the cop and I "took his bait" as he's said.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote count:

McCloud (2): Lance87, Eor
Lance87 (1): McCloud
yet to vote: tmw_redcell, Marshigio

3/5 to lynch.

I am forced to apply a deadline of the Saturday/Sunday midnight border. If activity increases and the deadline is requested to be lifted, I can do so.

Know that when the deadline arrives, I will count the plurality as the majority.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
McCloud, you're on the chopping block. If you really are town, don't just give up, try to come up with something to defend yourself.

McCloud

TMW: I've stated everything that there is to state. I'm being completely earnest here.

You're thinking exactly the way McCloud wants you to... I don't see how I could've done anything different. I'm giving you all the info on a silver platter, and all he's saying is "nu-un, i'm the real cop."
What info? All that you've claimed is that you're the cop and you investigated me. From a regular townie perspective that has about as much merit as me investigating Handorin night 1 and finding out he's town before he died.

I honestly don't have anything else to say. It was cosmic irony for Hando to die after I investigated him. If you're going to believe Lance, then *shrugs*

I've laid my case before you all very very clearly. I've indicated examples of his diction where he attempts to blend in with the town. I roleclaimed before he counter roleclaimed. I've successfully fended off each argument with competent, if not decent, logic. The only thing that I'm being voted on is Lance's advantageous situation. He didn't hammer spam and once I came out he could easily counter claim and "investigate" me because I was the easiest name for him. Think about it.

That being said, "more weight."

Lance87

Smash Lord
That's cool. This Day'll be over soon and you guys will see that i've been telling the truth from the start. Maybe you'll believe me next time something crazy like this happens in a mafia game. I got fuxed in SPM when nobody believed me when I said Eor was mafia, and the town payed for it. This time it's not just a gut feeling about it, I'm absolutely certain McCloud is mafia. You'll see.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I'm here, but just completely torn on what to do, which is why I haven't been posting. It's convenient that McCloud investigated the person who died night one, but I think it's just as convenient that Lance investigated the person he's accusing day 1. I mean, it's more likely that one of the two people voting McCloud is mafia as opposed to the one person voting Lance, especially considering that the accused is voting Lance mostly in self defense. Lance, can you tell me why you investigated McCloud? He didn't really seem that suspicious day 1. Likewise, McCloud, what compelled you to investigate Lance?

Not to add that I think it's strange that Eor has been backing up Lance day 2.
That line bothered me, because that was the exact logic I used to get away with murdering townies in South parka mafia.
I mean, how is anybody supposed to defend against that? They can't. Assuming Eor is mafia, it just seems that he purposely said that to make McCloud look even more suspicious and draw attention away from Lance. The next thing he posted was strange as well, read post #110. It just seems more likely that they're using their alliance on day 2 to nearly lynch McCloud, and trying as hard as they can to convince the people who are on the fence to hammer. Besides, I think both of them voted for McCloud much too quickly, while redcell and I still haven't voted, with the deadline quickly approaching.

McCloud

I *didn't* investigate Lance. I know he's mafia because he roleclaimed my role. It would be absurd if there were two cops in a 7 person game, and it would completely wreck the balance in my opinion. I know Tom wouldn't do that, so there can only be one. Annnd seeing as how it's me, I have a hard time believing that Lance is cop or town.

I investigated Handorin night 1 for no reason other than he cast the first vote and I know him in real life so I wanted to know what he was. He got a boring role, and that was further amplified by his dumb luck death. :(

And as long as we're active the deadline will be lifted.

Top Bottom