• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To Many Nados

Coney

Smash Master
we're all still figuring it out ourselves!

stay grounded. heighten your reflexes. play reactive. if you're in the air when he starts, bait him up with jumps and then fastfall airdodge past the last part for a punish. all of ddd's nadobreakers are pretty unreliable so just try to avoid it rather than combat it head-on.

Adept69

Smash Cadet

stay grounded. heighten your reflexes. play reactive. if you're in the air when he starts, bait him up with jumps and then fastfall airdodge past the last part for a punish. all of ddd's nadobreakers are pretty unreliable so just try to avoid it rather than combat it head-on.

I heard that a fastfall bair into the top of a nado will break it is that true?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
yes it does, however the timing is tight. You can break nados with pivot grabs, dtilt, utilt, fair but all have to be perfectly timed

the safest way that typically works is an angled shield and what coney said

GanonkingAbyss

Smash Apprentice
i use seibrik's dsmash idea a lot, (sorry if it was someone else's, i can't remember) when a mk is recoverying throw a couple of waddle dees and they'll probably recover with tornado and u can dsmash them, ive tried utilt but i havent benn able to do that yet so id say dsmash since it has more range so timing isnt as important, the other option i use is sheild, chase and grab

Adept69

Smash Cadet
i use seibrik's dsmash idea a lot, (sorry if it was someone else's, i can't remember) when a mk is recoverying throw a couple of waddle dees and they'll probably recover with tornado and u can dsmash them, ive tried utilt but i havent benn able to do that yet so id say dsmash since it has more range so timing isnt as important, the other option i use is sheild, chase and grab

yeah but my shield always breaks

Addy

Smash Rookie
Ur best friend against nado is u-tilt is too good , watch out with throwing waddles nado reach u!
Good mk do nado in midair si D-smash doesnt work, bair good spaced up in the center break it out , just like coney says stay ground and heighten your reflexes. (u can grab the nado too ;) )

GanonkingAbyss

Smash Apprentice
Ur best friend against nado is u-tilt is too good , watch out with throwing waddles nado reach u!
Good mk do nado in midair si D-smash doesnt work, bair good spaced up in the center break it out , just like coney says stay ground and heighten your reflexes. (u can grab the nado too ;) )
i havent tried grabbing yet, and i think dsmash could work well; sry, i dont know what ppl mean by mid air tornado, like if they jump first or start from the ground(if theres a difference) but the dsmash hit box is pretty big and could probably hit them when they're rising into the air, idk how well utilt works ive only been able to do it once so i probably shouldnt argue against it,

anyway @Adept69, u could tilt the sheild if u mean its getting through it, but if u mean it breaks, then its best to dodge away, or just let their tornado hit u if they're bad enough that they wont combo from it well.

If u guard the first tornado, you'll probably be able to punish with a grab, u could then bthrow and follow with a waddle dee, most of the time they'll try to chase after u again and get hit by it, they'll eventually approach with tornado and if u predict it, u could hit them with utilt, dsmash, etc., or u cold possibley pivot grab them and use another bthrow

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy

Th is.

Coney

Smash Master
yes i'm quoting myself so what wanna fight about it

bait him with jumps and then fastfall airdodge past the last part for a punish.

all of ddd's nadobreakers are pretty unreliable. [dtilt is supposed to break it]

video evidence!

anyway this MU is very hard. good luck.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Try to shield it and punish. Don't always go for the grab though as your punish. Sometimes try an ftilt or expect a spot dodge and maybe even get in a dash attack (good MKs will usually just roll back instead of spt dodge though; see what he does and plan accordingly. its all about being unpredictable).
Utilt is a good option if you can bait the nado and utilt ahead of time, as the timing requires you to utilt before the nado is in range.
Dtilt works, I've done it. Dsmash works too, but like has already been said, most MKs nado from the air and therefore Dsmash will usually be negated.
In short, avoid and punish if possible, but don't be too greedy. Only punish if you know you can get it off, or you will be punished.

Top Bottom