• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

to Making THP's (Brawl's movie files)

ManicHedgehog

Smash Rookie
I need some help, I'm working on creating a .thp of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_HddDpgAbo, but the framerate is extremely low, (23.964 fps to be exact), and I can't find a way to get the Audio to sync, I sense the problem is from when I'm creating the thp, I can post a link to the .thp file if you'd like.
NVM, I just edited the audio a bit in audacity, and it works like a charm.:bee:

ChuteTheMessenger

Village's Strongest Hitman
Glad to hear it worked out. In the future, edit your first post instead of making a second post for the sake of saving space.

I'll have that brawl 300 trailer up once I get around to making it.

ChuteTheMessenger

What methods are there for ISO THP placing?
I'm not aware of any tool that can replace stuff in wii iso's but wiiscrubber. I'm sure some exist, but wiiscrubber does the job very well.

Beware using wiiscrubber 1.4. It is much faster than 1.21, but can cause instability in your game, causing it to freeze. 1.21 is the slowest, but is the most stable. Don't use any other version

KingZeoX

Smash Rookie
I don't know if someone answered this or not yet, but is is possible to use THP's with the most recent File Patch Code?

ChuteTheMessenger

plz can u make this for me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRZOvcHeMnU

to be brawl intro

and for riivolution i use riivolution

if u do it send it message (IF U HAVE TIME)
It's too long. THP's have to be the same length or shorter than the original THP they replace. Brawl's original is 119 seconds, or 1 second less than 2 minutes. You'll need to edit it and shorten it. If you want, I can go through with it, but I have no guarantee it will work

PAIN.

Smash Rookie
hey my first post here :laugh:
Im from germany and i have a question :) (my englisch isn´t very well :()
I can´t convert videos in to thp´s i´m to stupid :laugh:
Can someone port me the ssb64 intro please :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMlwNVqdhNc
i´m using the PAL version

thanks to someone how convert me the video

yours sincerely PAIN. :laugh:

ChuteTheMessenger

I would be happy to make THP's for you both, but I cannot because my home internet connection is dead, and I can only briefly use the internet in public areas.

Also, when I get my internet connection back, I think I will finally make a THP request and repository thread, because this guide is getting cluttered with requests

Michi

Smash Apprentice
Are THPConv.exe and DSPTool.dll really needed, cuz I don´t find them :(
I want this video for the intro :DDDD and epic sax guy ;)

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
I would be happy to make THP's for you both, but I cannot because my home internet connection is dead, and I can only briefly use the internet in public areas.

Also, when I get my internet connection back, I think I will finally make a THP request and repository thread, because this guide is getting cluttered with requests
Ill get these 2. also, in case you didn't notice (since it was a question thread and most people dont go back to them) http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10759523&postcount=3

Ill also be assisting you with the making of THP's for the THP requests. the only thing i want to know is if your going to use direct link, or B-vault links.

Are THPConv.exe and DSPTool.dll really needed, cuz I don´t find them :(
I want this video for the intro :DDDD and epic sax guy ;)
i look for the two needed things for thp video but i couldn´t find it @_@

the video i want for the intro is this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_xWWpc4cQ8

here is the video i hope you can help me :S

http://www.mediafire.com/?c0jnnzk7t76feva
I should have those 2 done in about in hours.

There done, just need to upload them.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=9511&DiplayName=Crazy Old DJ

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Bra...ame=Super Smash Bros Brawl Legend Of Heroes 3

Michi

Smash Apprentice
WOHU thanks it works I had to rename Sound.wav to Sound :D

thanks thanks yesz yesz yesz :D

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm having a problem with making THPs for Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution (European Version). They play, but at a fraction of the speed (both video and audio). Anyone who knwos why? And how to fix it?

ChuteTheMessenger

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack with my internets, yays.
Believe it or not, super can convert THP into other formats. i was suprised when i tried with a normal brawl video and it worked.

576 x 416 is the original size of a brawl video, or at least the one i converted.
Please do elaborate, and I shall put it in the guide.

And about the request/repository thread, I was thinking of having contributors use brawlvault links where possible, so people can go straight to the brawlvault page of the creator of the THP and preview the THP there.
If someone contributes a THP not in brawlvault, I was thinking of having them put the DL link and a link to a youtube preview.

I'm having a problem with making THPs for Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution (European Version). They play, but at a fraction of the speed (both video and audio). Anyone who knwos why? And how to fix it?
I really don't know the problem there. Does the THP play regularly when you preview it with the THP player?

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
BAH. i just exited out of mozilla after spending 10 minutes on a big post. Basically, just take a THP (nintendo or custom) and put it in the SUPER converter bay thingy (you know what im talking about). then convert it into another video format and it actually works. The resolution is something i deducted from this, which should allow videos to fit properly on the screen from now on.

As for the repository, i think that should be the same as the request thread. no matter what though, its Freakin sweet. +1 Major contributor.

Also, did you notice that all the greater hackers are coming back? PW, Pharrox, Dant, and a few others have came back out of no where. I Just hope that we can pull off another Greatest week of hacking (last years was MDL0 swapping, FPC 4.0 beta, Sound effects, and something else i cant remember (most likely the beginning of character imports)).

Edit: heres the list
MDL0 Swapping
Playable SSE
Playable Bosses (ironically after Dant said they were impossible)
Ability to remove model parts
FPC 4.0 beta

That all was in one week. 2009/10/26-2009/11/01

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I really don't know the problem there. Does the THP play regularly when you preview it with the THP player?
Yes.

When I switch two movies within the game, they'll play perfectly (even though one of noticeably longer than the other).

If I encode my own THP or download one off Brawl Vault, it'll glitch.

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
Yes.

When I switch two movies within the game, they'll play perfectly (even though one of noticeably longer than the other).

If I encode my own THP or download one off Brawl Vault, it'll glitch.
EDIT: if your using Riivolution, defrag your SD card.

It may be that the game requires the older version of THPs, or the resolution is wack. try extracting one from naruto and use wiiscrubber to extract a THP, then use SUPER to convert that THP to Serial JPGs. if the image size is wierd, or it doesnt convert, then it was worth the time because we can identify the problem from there.

ChuteTheMessenger

BAH. i just exited out of mozilla after spending 10 minutes on a big post. Basically, just take a THP (nintendo or custom) and put it in the SUPER converter bay thingy (you know what im talking about). then convert it into another video format and it actually works. The resolution is something i deducted from this, which should allow videos to fit properly on the screen from now on.

As for the repository, i think that should be the same as the request thread. no matter what though, its Freakin sweet. +1 Major contributor.

Also, did you notice that all the greater hackers are coming back? PW, Pharrox, Dant, and a few others have came back out of no where. I Just hope that we can pull off another Greatest week of hacking (last years was MDL0 swapping, FPC 4.0 beta, Sound effects, and something else i cant remember (most likely the beginning of character imports)).

Edit: heres the list
MDL0 Swapping
Playable SSE
Playable Bosses (ironically after Dant said they were impossible)
Ability to remove model parts
FPC 4.0 beta

That all was in one week. 2009/10/26-2009/11/01
I've lost my share of huge posts in the past. I have a Firefox extension called Lazarus Form Recovery, you might want to install it to make sure you don't lose your posts again.

So 576 x 416 is the native brawl video resolution? I'll add all the stuff you've found out to the OP tomorrow, I'm really tired right now.

Yes, I also think the THP repository/request thread should both be in one. Should I start one, or will you do the honors? I'm not sure what section to stick it in, I'll go ask around.

I've just got my internet connection back and I havent been on SWF for long, but I have seen PW's "Postcard" thread. Hopefully all of those great hackers you mentioned will bring out groundbreaking new hax. Yes I remember that awesome week, let's hope we get another.

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
I've lost my share of huge posts in the past. I have a Firefox extension called Lazarus Form Recovery, you might want to install it to make sure you don't lose your posts again.

So 576 x 416 is the native brawl video resolution? I'll add all the stuff you've found out to the OP tomorrow, I'm really tired right now.

Yes, I also think the THP repository/request thread should both be in one. Should I start one, or will you do the honors? I'm not sure what section to stick it in, I'll go ask around.

I've just got my internet connection back and I havent been on SWF for long, but I have seen PW's "Postcard" thread. Hopefully all of those great hackers you mentioned will bring out groundbreaking new hax. Yes I remember that awesome week, let's hope we get another.
Just do it in the workshop section. The music section is there, so i dont see a problem with it. and yes, you should start it, im horrible when it comes to organization (lol, even my original guide was quite unorganized).

Also, since i dont want to post it on the postcard thread, i might as well post it here. This is SWF. PW isnt dumb. somehow, he has to have connected brawl and galaxy, because there is absolutely no reason for him to post something galaxy related in a smash bros forum

Michi

Smash Apprentice
I made ssb64 to a .thp file.
but in the middle the video begins to lag :(
why???

Edit: okay, it works
I not failed, the .avi file failed ;)

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
OK, so I discovered today that the videos cranked out by THPConv following this guide are encoded differently than the videos found in Wii games.

I've asked before if anyone know why I can't seem to encode any custom THPs that will play properly in Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution III (both the NTSC-U and PAL versions)(any video I crank out using THPConv will play at a fraction of the proper speed).

I can create videos that will play in Brawl just fine, but not in Naruto. I thought it was just something special about how the Naruto THP movies were encoded (I can switch the opening with the ending and they will both play in 1x speed), however, today I tried switching in Brawl THPs into Naruto and they play at 1x speed without a hitch!

So, in other words, there's something "missing" in the guide. Does anyone know what? What is different from how the THPs using this guide are encoded and how "real" Wii THPs are encoded by the game makers? I anyone could figure this out, I'd finally be able to hack my Naruto's THPs (I've already got a custom opening done, I just need to figure out how to encode it properly).

I've been able to determine the following things through trial and error:
* File size and length do not matter, as evidence by the fact that I can switch in Brawl movies, be they shorter, longer, smaller and bigger than the original, and have them play properly.
* It is not a resolution problem, seeing as how Naruto uses full-screen (640x574) videos whilst Brawl uses semi-widescreen (640x400 I think) videos.
* It's not a frame rate issue as I've tried custom THPs encoded in 29.97, 25 and 59.94 fps, none of which work properly.
* It's not just me. Custom THPs downloaded off Brawl Vault (which I assume use the same guide) do not work either, so it's not something I'm personally doing "wrong".

ChuteTheMessenger

Hm. That is a great observation. THP's created in this method may be a different "format" then standard wii THP's, but I can't be definite. But what I have noticed is this:
-No matter how good quality the input JPG's are, there always is some degradation of quality in the end product.

Nintendo must have some special way of preparing the JPG's for THPConv that is different from mainstream video to serial JPG converters, or they must use THPConv in a way that we are unaware of.
It's either that or THP encoding varies by game, with THPConv in the Wii SDK being able to create an "unspecialized" THP.
I'll go look around in the options in THPConv

LosIlluminados

Smash Rookie
Hi, i've tried in the How To/Tutorials and whanot forum, and they are of no help http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=284369 =.=

ok my question is, with much detail:
I have:
2gb, i use Gecko, Brawl+ and i have smash eater and another THP
where do i put my THPs in the SD card? i've tried pf/movie but that doesnt work.
and yes, i renamed it to OPMovie.THP and HowToPlay.THP

It doesnt show up and i seriously need help. i cant find the answer. are riivolution and gecko the same? or do i NEED riivolution?
please help.

LosIlluminados

Smash Rookie
It seems you need Riivolution.
Yeah i got Riivolution, but this is completely confusing. i have no idea what i'm doing. can someone do kinda like a 1 on 1 on dumbing this down for me? Gecko was easy to use, but now looking at the Riivolution Q&A thread, i'm absolutely lost. i have too many questions that can't be answered straightforward :(

Michi

Smash Apprentice
The only thing you need with Riivolution is a .xml file. Look on the Riivolution page for the Patch_Templates.
If it doesn´t work you must edit the .xml file and write down the folder-composition.
If you don´t know how to do this, ask in the Riivolution Q&A Thread.
I also can give you mine, do you use PAL?

ChuteTheMessenger

Thanks for helping out, Michi.
Yes, Gecko/Ocarina and the File Patch code do not work. You need Riivo or Iso hacking. OP updated to reflect this.

LosIlluminados

Smash Rookie
The only thing you need with Riivolution is a .xml file. Look on the Riivolution page for the Patch_Templates.
If it doesn´t work you must edit the .xml file and write down the folder-composition.
If you don´t know how to do this, ask in the Riivolution Q&A Thread.
I also can give you mine, do you use PAL?
its ok, i'm just going to use gecko. i understand that riivolution is much more advanced and useful, but all i need riivolution for is the THP. thanks loads for trying to help, but after visiting the Q+A thread for rvlution, i was blown away by the complexity. i got the xml thing down, but after seeing the video and instructions on the page, either i was simply misunderstanding, or it's much more work that i can comprehend. thanks, once again.

bobjrsenior

Smash Cadet
I keep trying to convert the audio to .wav and when super does it the icon of the file says was on it but the extension is .wmv so it doesn't work does anyone know whats wrong?

Top Bottom