• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To Link Players: Do You Consider A Bomb Your Friend?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Hello again guys. I was just randomly thinking of something to talk about and this came up? Do you consider Link's Bomb your friend? As a Link (young or old) player I love to use his bombs, they are benificial to me but sometimes bite me in the butt. I want to hear what you think. :psycho::psycho::psycho:

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I use Toon Link so I guess this sorta applies to me.
Yes I consider bombs my friends.
They're a useful spam tool, and if your opponent just happens to catch one you can always just dodge it and take out another one.
Theyre MUCH more helpful then hurtful.

D

Deleted member

Yep, there my best friends.............next to the Gale Boomerang.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
ehhh.... I dont like the gale boomerang. I like playing as Toon Link, one of many reasons is because of his boomerang, heck I don't like people coming closer to me when they get hit my my boomerang, I want them away. Besides, what happens if your opponent rides the gale or gets a gale-return speed boost. but still. I <3 Bombs.

D

Deleted member

The Boomerang can stop opponents from grabbing the ledge. You just have to be creative with it.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Never would have thought of that, but anyway, thats the whole point of my style, it's creative that most people would consider, I guess odd, something new. Thus my name Bomber. >=D

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
The Boomerang can stop opponents from grabbing the ledge. You just have to be creative with it.
TL's can to. ;P
If your creative with it lol.
Harder then links though.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Probably should, but I found no need to, I found it alright on the general discussion. Sure more people would look at it if it was on the Link boards, but I'm fine where it is now.

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
No, that's not the point. In order to have character specific topics, they have to be in the forums that the mods and the administrators designate as the proper place to discuss. This is not in the Link boards, so it is not in the proper place for discussion on the topic.

Silencer~

Smash Cadet
The bomb is great because it stops just about anything if it hits. Example: Meta Knight uses mach tornado, and arrows and the gale boomerang are negated. But if you throw a bomb in there, Boom, the move stops and he takes damage.

DSP

Smash Apprentice
Bombs are also the most adaptive of all of Link's projectiles. If you want to stop someone's approach or create an opening in your enemy's spam, you can't go without a bomb or a projectile combination including a bomb.
tl;dr: Yes.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Bombs are for friend in every matchup.

Except Olimar.

Times a bomb has blown up in my face when i try to throw because a pikmin is attached to me..
countless

Manic_1

Smash Cadet
When someone is above me bombs are my best friend. You can use it to make your opponent go exactly where you want them to be.

The Myk

Smash Rookie
Yeah, Bomb and I are friends. We went through some rough times in the past involving rupee issues, but in the end we pulled through after each dungeon!

Top Bottom