• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To laugh track, or not to laugh track

Volrec

Smash Lord
Do you like shows with laugh tracks in your sitcoms?
If you dont know what a laugh track is, its like the audience laughing after a punchline in sitcoms.
I like laugh tracks in certain shows, but in shows like everybody hates chris, nah.

You?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
No, the laugh track is used for a lack of a studio audience. Shows like Full House used this a lot.

I really don't care either way, if the show is funny, I'll laugh.

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
I'm fine with it when it's not overdone. Stupid *** sitcoms (I think "Quintuplets") have ****ty jokes and then the "audience" bursts out in laughter. I like shows that don't have it ("Scrubs" "Arrested Development") and also shows that have a live audience.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I agree completely with Osco. I dont really mind if a show has one or not, but crappy shows with laugh tracks are just pathetic. It's so bad I even start to pity the actors. But then they make another crappy joke so I turn to another channel and scoff.

I like live audiences best.

Volrec

Smash Lord
I forgot 2 things:
Sabrina the teenage witch: Horrible show. Even the laugh tracks sucked. They were like "huhuhuh"
Scrubs: For some reason, shows like these are better off without laugh tracks

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Seinfeld definitely had a live audience, at least in the beginning. Remember in the earlier episodes how the audience could clap whenever Kraimer walked on stage? I'm not sure about the later seasons, but it's a safe bet to guess they stuck with a live audience.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Seinfeld had a live audience until the last show. Tickets for the finale were sold out almost a season in advanced.

Dibs

Smash Lord
It depends on how the show is designed, but I definitely enjoy shows without laugh tracks. Scrubs.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I'm not a fan of laugh tracks, I prefer shows without them. If something is funny, I'll be doing the laughing... no need to hear it coming from the TV.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
"Hey, let's go to Burger King!"
[hahahaha]
"Okay, I want a burger."
[zomg, roflol!!1!]
"Yeah, but we can't let the King take advantage of us. Not like last time..."
*crickets*

I don't like laugh tracks. Only because they're overdone until something other people (including myself) causes us to laugh, but then the track doesn't laugh either. It's like trying to find your reflection in a pitch black room.

I feel like a dog trying to be taught to laugh :(

Top Bottom