• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To clear things up

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Simma down buddy, lol, no need to be sensitive I didn't say your game was gimmicky. The meta-game being new is super susceptible to gimmicky styles or characters, so its prone to players without good fundamentals and previous success in smash seeing good results. I'm not going to judge from one video though.
You don't play against a high level Melee player for a year and have your "gimmicks" still work lol, that takes solid fundamentals. Maybe you are just not familiar with how Snake plays?

Last edited:

dRevan64

Smash Journeyman
Need to remind you guys real quick that Rolex is gonna bop on this kid, professors ain't paid enough to afford watches this fine

Cassio

Smash Master
You don't play against a high level Melee player for a year and have your "gimmicks" still work lol, that takes solid fundamentals.
Needs more context, could be true or false. But I also said I shouldn't judge from one video, so not sure why peeps were flustered. I was just surprised that was the GF of a tourney.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Needs more context, could be true or false. But I also said I shouldn't judge from one video, so not sure why peeps were flustered. I was just surprised that was the GF of a tourney.
Context: Fuzzy has had a lot of experience vs Prof's snake and is a high level Melee player. If Prof's playstyle were "gimmicky", it... would have stopped working by now.

Cassio

Smash Master
Assuming Fuzzy is a high level melee player I'd be inclined to agree. That doesnt change my opinion of the specific set, which seemed like a lot of running into nonsense. Its not important enough to write paragraphs on, but you can compare it with matches between strong melee players even in PM and distinctly see the difference. If you want to believe I cant make a good judgement on that its your call.

Last edited:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Assuming Fuzzy is a high level melee player I'd be inclined to agree. That doesnt change my opinion of the specific set, which seemed like a lot of running into nonsense. Its not important enough to write paragraphs on, but you can compare it with matches between strong melee players even in PM and distinctly see the difference. If you want to believe I cant make a good judgement on that its your call.
Assuming Fuzzy is a high level melee player I'd be inclined to agree.
Does...Does he not know?
Dude, Fuzzy placed 33rd at Apex this year, Also 'and while 33rd Place is a respectable finish at such a large tournament, some would say that the FuzzyFox can do a lot better.' (From Meleeitonme)

Cassio

Smash Master
Nah thats very respectable, I don't follow the Euro names and didn't feel like looking it up. I figured someone from Europe would post results if they were good.

mudkyp

Smash Apprentice
Chitown throwing the salt on east coast. This is what I like to see
I just moved to Chicago. I'm New England through and through. And it's hard for Rolex to represent an entire region when he never leaves the neighborhood lol.

Last edited:

ChestyLaRue

Smash Rookie
Hey I just moved here. I'm New England through and through. And it's hard for Rolex to represent and entire region when he never leaves the neighborhood lol.
Oh **** I just moved from New England (Boston) as well. We should smash

RolexPachinko

Smash Rookie
Grats to prof for having his first results as 2nd at Beast! Of notable worth he barely beat leffen after getting 3-0ed in winners, and went pretty even with armada losing in game 5. Im sorry but how do these results make him the best snake? LOL. he only beat someone i double eliminated at apex. Going even with armada is nice, but i feel like its an unfavorable matchup for pit and i would have done the same or better if i faced armada at apex. Either way i didnt get the opportunity to face Armada and Prof came in 2/61 at one tournament. Still a long way to go to be classified as best snake. These are my thoughts and the fact that jolteon looked strangely very much like me in today's stream...looking good sir:)

Last edited:

NiPPs

Smash Cadet
congrats to pp for doing well against armada and beast in general. definitely some hype sets. obviously a talented player but who did he beat in this 61 man tourny....leffen and it ends there. you can argue fuzzyness too. the only thing thats gonna prove anything is when the two finally face off.

what i noticed from watching pro is that he trys to be too fancy at times instead of going for the basics which would lead into kills like c4ing and resticking or spiking instead of the easy up air kill. def leads to some hype things though but he gets punished hard for doing so at times.

overall though rolex has apex and ktar and prof has this tourny with armada and leffen being the only competition. i feel prof pro plays faster and more technical while rolex sticks to essential basics with unexpected moves/inputs. hopefully pro comes to sktar 3 in may so the two can finally settle this and end this thread

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Loser of the MM makes their tag FREUD and forks that $$$ over till they play again

Last edited:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Grats to prof for having his first results as 2nd at Beast! Of notable worth he barely beat leffen after getting 3-0ed in winners, and went pretty even with armada losing in game 5. Im sorry but how do these results make him the best snake? LOL. he only beat someone i double eliminated at apex. Going even with armada is nice, but i feel like its an unfavorable matchup for pit and i would have done the same or better if i faced armada at apex. Either way i didnt get the opportunity to face Armada and Prof came in 2/61 at one tournament. Still a long way to go to be classified as best snake. These are my thoughts and the fact that jolteon looked strangely very much like me in today's stream...looking good sir:)
Dude, I'mma hit you with some real talk.

Just say congrats. Stop comparing yourself to him, 10x as much **** is going to be talked now. You had better results before, but now Prof has results too. You guys just have to play now, let your play do the talking. Like, you had room to be mad when Pro was just on here talking **** about you, despite having no actual room to talk. But now, you just look petty. Just worry about you, and how you can improve. Quit worrying about Pro, and which one of you is considered better. Nobody gives a **** about what people say on smashboards.

People who are the best, don't talk about how goddamn good they are. Except for Mang0, and quite frankly he looks like an asshole every time he does it. It just creates haters. There are tons of Mango fanboys, but there's just as many Mango haters. There are no Dr.PeePee haters. Be Dr.PeePee dude, it's a good place to be.

Unless of course, you really enjoy the **** talk. In which case, keep fueling the fires! Cuz that is absolutely what ur doing.

Last edited:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
The tension reaches peak temperature...

I've just been talking to the guy who sponsors prof...He's really going to push to get prof and rolex to the same tournament after watching that.

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Holy crap that was awesome to watch. It was really cool to see Prof adapt to Leffen and get in his groove (That last combo on him in game 5? So clutch I can't even), even after being 3-0'd in winner's. Prof did absolutely fantastic in GFs to take Armada all the way down to his last stock, and some of the things he did were so dirty I wanted to run to the store and buy out the entire soap aisle. I just wish he'd managed to clinch out the set...good stuff to the still-unbeaten Armada though.

After all is said and done I still can't quite decide who I think is better. I will say this, though - Prof brings the hype like none other.

NiPPs

Smash Cadet
The tension reaches peak temperature...

I've just been talking to the guy who sponsors prof...He's really going to push to get prof and rolex to the same tournament after watching that.
you should come too since your one of the few people who actually know how to run a tourny >:)

idol

Smash Rookie
Prof and Rolex are the only 2 known Snakes ATM. Watch out for me guys huehwuhe.

But really;

I really believe that Europe has less match up experience vs Snake. I also do believe Pit vs Snake is in favor of Snake ( not saying it was free ). And saying Armada and Leffen ( who doesnt even play this game, yet tops) are the only competition, is accurate to a degree. They have great fundamentals, so Pro really did well by showing us that he can beat/keep up and adapt to the top Euro players.

In the end I really think the lack of match up experience and knowledge and the lack of proper counter picks helped Pro achieve his victory. Also,
Professor Pro had great follow ups and good combos. Having consistency and being able to adapt makes a good player, and Pro showed us just that.
Once Europe develops counter pick characters that they can use at a tournament level, then we will see how Pro adapts.

CaptinMoses

Smash Cadet
lol

Matty89

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hydra89
Going even with armada is nice, but i feel like its an unfavorable matchup for pit and i would have done the same or better if i faced armada at apex. Either way i didnt get the opportunity to face Armada and Prof came in 2/61 at one tournament. Still a long way to go to be classified as best snake. These are my thoughts and the fact that jolteon looked strangely very much like me in today's stream...looking good sir:)

Top Bottom