• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To all md/va melee players

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
I'm a brawl player that is planning on playing and practicing melee.

I've always wanted to **** in melee but nobody in md/va really practices this game anymore.

Just wanted to know what md players I would be willing to practice with.

The only great melee player I know that lives close to me is thumbswayup.
Who else is **** at this game I could practice with and become good.:)

BigWenz

Smash Ace
if u just want practice, college park is where its at. we usually play on thursdays from 3 to like whenever and on fridays we usually have actual smashfests from like 1 to whenever.

edit: CP is like 10 minutes away from thumbs so if ur close to thumbs ur close to us as well.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
if u just want practice, college park is where its at. we usually play on thursdays from 3 to like whenever and on fridays we usually have actual smashfests from like 1 to whenever.

edit: CP is like 10 minutes away from thumbs so if ur close to thumbs ur close to us as well.
omg you just made my day :)
get hyped.

Anyway who plays with you guys?

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Omni holds fest for brawl.

I don't think he would want to play melee.

What bout you Hova, train me?

BigWenz

Smash Ace
omg you just made my day :)
get hyped.

Anyway who plays with you guys?
CP crew = Chred2akrisp (Ted) ChivalRuse (Joe) Gustav Wind(Winston) Wenbobular (Wenbo) CTL (Chris) Myself (i go by my smash alias is also used irl) dkuo and bloddypuppy are people who just started gettin into competitve smash this semester.

People who smash fest with us as well Skyheart (rico) and his friend andrew.

point is ud have a wider variety of people and characters to play against.

edit: come to SS on the 6th i think the majority of MD/VA players are coming including people like Tope and Cyrain from SOVA

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Just hit up the UMCP Smashers thread. We generally Smash on Thursdays and Fridays...Smashing tomorrow if you want to join us.

Alternatively, Winston and I live right off the College Park exit.

If you live near thumbs then you should be quite close to us.

If you get to College Park and need someone to call, my number is 240 838 1691

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Yeah, just stop complaining about everything when you miss stuff -.- it's not like it's exclusive to you haha

skyheart

Smash Lord
maaaaaaaaaaan so joe, plans have changed. andrews not meleeing tomorrow. he has stuff to do. winston/wenbo!!! bring joe to my place tomorrow!!!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
i'm down for melee.

hell, if enough people from md/va were up for coming to a hyperbolic time chamber session i'd make it melee exclusive

KageMurphy

Smash Master
if you consider Thumbs a "great player" then Chival (Joe), Wenbo, and I should be pretty good practice for you =)

(Thumbs is better than us, but not by too much)

Post in the UMCP thread if you want to come by maybe.
Thumbs beats notable people, you don't. Bye.

CTL17

Smash Lord
Joe has beaten newbs and The Newb.

Winston also beat G$.

I... I've beaten Cactuar in Project:M. Wheeeeeeee.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I think I just got all the Asians mixed up, good thing Thumbs is a frog, mister stand out.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Sigh.
I was Winston's roommate for 2 years, now we're living in a house with some more friends.

*edits out irrelevant rest of post*

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I've also taken a game off Plank in tourney. When's the last time Thumbs has done that? :cool:

Edit: Plank's Sheik. *puts on another pair of shades*

BigWenz

Smash Ace
Yeah, just stop complaining about everything when you miss stuff -.- it's not like it's exclusive to you haha

haha perhaps but today was really bad. like i missed every tech possible. i know my fox and falco are bad but trust me they arent that bad. lol 2morrow will be better though

and rico make andrew come so we can team and i can combo break u while u take my life and we still end up winning lol

edit: omni where do u live/ hold ur hyberbolic time chamber watever u said lol cause id be willing to take a CP car to one if u held it

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Wow lololol
I just started playing melee today, like practice tech skill and stuff.
It'll probably take me a few weeks or a good month to get down all the basic tech skill to even be considered a good fight lmao.

So expect me to come to a smashfest in a few week's.

Also Phil remember that melee controller you let me borrow @ UGZ?
Your controller was really **** even though I used it for brawl and got 2nd with it. lmao
You selling it?

hova

Smash Champion
i'm down for melee.

hell, if enough people from md/va were up for coming to a hyperbolic time chamber session i'd make it melee exclusive
do it

i'd come if it was a Thurs or Fri

but i won't pay any money

Bones0

Smash Legend
I am coming to the next Shell Shocked, actually. Should be pretty hype. I am also getting a decent amount of practice against humans, but they're still working on the whole DI thing. >_____>

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Should at least come to Shell Shocked, takeover
You have a full week to learn how to shuffle aerials or learn Jiggs or something hahaha

Top Bottom