• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To All Fox And Falco Users

Pose

Smash Apprentice
Could anyone link a video to a samus doing a swd please? I haven't actually witnessed one. Much appreciated.

divine knight

Smash Journeyman
It's magic. We in fact have fingers of fire.

But we still can't do Luigi's rising tornado lol.
lolol. fox is my main, but luigi is one of my secondaries, soooo its a shame for the rest of you space animals but i can almost do a perfect luigi rising tornado

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
as for the people saying fox is better than falco, trust me its pretty even. you guys might not have seen some of the good falcos out there. its pretty balanced between the two

Pose

Smash Apprentice
you're welcome dude :-D

you shuold check out Perfect Control 1 and SuperDoodleMan's other stuff, its amazing.

Yeah I was. It was amazing stuff. The others are cool. Just when I saw perfect control 2, it sort of gave me a churning feeling lol. To master Perfect Control.

marth's son 10

Smash Cadet
For Perfect Control, you might need a little assistance from Action Replay it seems. The best thing though, like you said before, is Samus's Wavedash. Does anybody else know how to wavedash with her like that on command?

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i've seen people do it consistently in tournament matches. I think is was Majoras in Samus Under Construction? or maybe Phanna Mint III and whoever did that one. I forgot

Vall3y

Smash Lord
getting used to a good grip (ie: "claw grip" with seperate fingers for B\A\Y\X and using L instead of R), then you can do lots of stuff that is much harder other wise, and just do stuff faster, like jumping right after shining for faster waveshines, or lasering right after jumping for dshl or nairing right after jumping etc etc

KRule

Smash Cadet
so is this just a let me give myself a pat on the back thread?

Oskurito

Smash Lord
as for the people saying fox is better than falco, trust me its pretty even. you guys might not have seen some of the good falcos out there. its pretty balanced between the two
In my opinion Falco>Fox but not for too much. Falco shine combos **** fox and If the falco knows how to shine out of the shield He'll just own the fox in the other hand fox have Chain grabs combos and Thunder's combo but thunder's can be escaped teching the shine or either DI'ing the other follow ups

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
*looks around*

Ice Climbers > Space Animals

LOL

I pick up Fox every now and then. I have a rough grasp of the Drillshine infinite. I also used to main Falco for a brief while, realized he wasn't for me, went back to Marth, got bored of him, went to IC, Ness and Younglink. Fox players that do the fancy stuff(shine combos, etc) do have fast fingers BUT most of the foxs I see really just focus on getting that vertical kill by juggling you with Uairs.

Fox is pretty fun(mostly because I like Shine combos. They're pretty)

Amon Amarth

Smash Journeyman
*sigh* I really do hate tiers...but they are there for a reason.

I'd say their even. I see it as a speed/power trade off. Falco with more power and Fox with speed.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
ive finaly found a non fox/falco player who appreciates fox/falco players:chuckle:

but falco is too slow for me to play, i guess my fingers are stuck in lightning mode.
ive also broken many controlers, not because of anger, but because of the sheer intensity that is fox.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
LOL you don't need to press the buttons hard to be fast it's ridiculous

ThePrime

Smash Lord
hehe, all my friends tell me im some kind of freak because of my finger speed when im playing falco. I think it just comes naturally though, more so for fox players, i think you need more of a sleight of hand with falco compared to finger speed with fox.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Yeah... sometimes it's a shame to hear some people say that falco is actually faster than fox

Artistry

Smash Apprentice
Although falco isn't faster, he still takes fast fingers. Have you ever seen Shiz's fox? Retreating double lasers ftw!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
haven't read the whole thread, but honestly all you have to do is PRACTICE.
Don't say "my fingers can't move that fast".
They can, and will if you practice.

Especially with falco. his movements aren't nearly as difficult as fox's. He, for example, one of the easiest characters in the game to SHFFL with.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
the fox/falco debate is simple:

fox has infinite potential
falco is easier to play with.

Whatever one appeals more to you is the character you'll like.

In perfect hands, fox is easily the better character though.
thing is, most people don't have perfect hands :-P

StellaNova

Smash Journeyman
I play both Fox and Falco, but I main Fox. I can do all of the technical tricks with Fox, which result from me spending a few hours a day in infinite time training mode with a stationary opponent. I must say that my fingers quickly adjusted to his moves, as it just takes some re-adjustment of not only muscle memory, but also attitude. You need to try and pick up the timing of it. There are patterns in every character's move set, which also applies to Fox. His patterns just occur more quickly. You start out merely learning what the button sequencing is, for example, in the Waveshine. Next, memorize the finger movement in slow motion so you do not need to look at your fingers as you attempt to do it. Then start performing the combination in slow motion, even though on screen Fox looks very silly, you're working on your muscle memory and conceptualization of the move. Progressively you just move your fingers faster and get used to it through.... you guessed it... PRACTICE.

Either way, I alternate Fox and Falco, and after playing Fox, Falco's combos are insanely slow and require an entirely new mindset for playing. I try to change states of mind to play each. Playing Falco alternatively is not recommended for those trying to learn Fox at the same time, as Falco's timing throws off Fox's a great deal.

strider43

Smash Journeyman
Falco is for the angry people that like the smash the crap out of their opponents.
Fox is for people who enjoy angering people with cheap shine combo's

I am both~!

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Either way, I alternate Fox and Falco, and after playing Fox, Falco's combos are insanely slow and require an entirely new mindset for playing. I try to change states of mind to play each. Playing Falco alternatively is not recommended for those trying to learn Fox at the same time, as Falco's timing throws off Fox's a great deal.
That's right but with MORE practice you can play both of them pretty well

Fingers? We do not have fingers. I used my telekinetic powers and command fox to kick @$$!
LOL

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Fingers? We do not have fingers. I used my telekinetic powers and command fox to kick @$$!
Very true. If I was limited by the speed of fingers, i'd lose half my game. (unfortunately, the other half of my game is limited by the speed of my brain)

Top Bottom